Brothers in Arms: The story of one tank crew in the face of extreme adversity

Status
Not open for further replies.
He put another round In, quicker than before as he closes the hatch and pats Leon on the back "Fire!"

Fire, fire, fire!! Was that all these people talked about? Hans reclined as best he could in his seat, and flicked slightly at the cigarette tin in his breast pocket. He had a feeling it was going to be a long war.

Hendrik closed his eyes and thought back to a simpler time. One with less fire, perhaps. One without the looming power always hovering over the people's heads. Perhaps one without government. One where adults were still being bested by bare-footed, palm-drinking children who thought the world rode on the back of a turtle. He let out a sigh. He thought about what this war was going to do to him, and he slightly thought of what it'd do to all of the peach-faced babies.

Those poor babies. He opened his eyes to the babies, not much younger than he, and wished for them to lose their shoes and socks, and dip their hands into a river. For the Fuhrer's sake, this is all just one big miscommunication. He closed his eyes, the booms rattling his cage like a sick zoo animal. He swore this was a dream. Really, he hoped it was. Everything would be fine, no one would have to die and it would be a miracle.

Leon launched the shell and took aim again while he said "reload"

He looked at Leon and back at the Oberleutnant. "Oberleutnant, shouldn't we perform better acts? Maybe roll out?"

"Damn, you beat me to it!" Katz chuckled. "Frauline, get us moving! You see that ridge up there, about 2 o'clock? Put us there, and stay behind the ridge line until we are ready to pop up. And while we're at it, why don't you boys see if you can hit a shot on the move, before we fall behind the ridge."

(You honestly beat me to the moving part. Planned on doing it when I could today... XD)

Sam sat up from leaning on the back of her seat and straightened her cover, where it previously had been resting over her eyes.
"Yay, I get to do something." she said in a jokingly sarcastic manner. She took the controls and lumbered the tank forward She turned around, looking at the gunner "I'll only have her at half speed so you might actually have a good chance of hitting anything down range. Good luck!" she said, shouting slightly over the sound of the engine.
She moved the tank across the open field, towards the indicated ridge, keeping the tank at around ~20 KPH.

Leon aimed a little behind his targets and fired "reload. Think of this practice as real combat and we are taking out crippled tanks that can still shoot back." He shouted over the noise of the engine to Johan.

// Wont be on for awhile. Do continue the rp though.

Status
Not open for further replies.