Brothers in Arms: The story of one tank crew in the face of extreme adversity (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Johan Von Weingarten

Position: Radio Operator

Short Biography: Born 1909, Johan lived a long life of war and poverty, in a low life district of Berlin, while his father was an Obersoldat in the German Army, his mother stayed at home to take care of Johan and his two younger brothers. Johan soon moved from Berlin into France at age 23, living in Paris for the remainder of his silent life. Once the beginning of The Great War, Johan moved back into Germany, joining the Third Reichs "Glorious" army, more for economical issues than anything. His current rank as a radio operator in the tank corps is Unteroffizier.

Personality: Serious in combat, Joking out of combat. A bit introverted, more so towards women, but has great communications skills.

Appearance: 5'11, Medium build, blonde hair with brown eyes.

// I chose Erwins look because it matches the description of my character, but in no way is that the rank Johan has.
Sorry, we are currently closed to new characters. If someone ends up dropping out though, I will let you know.

Sorry, we are currently closed to new characters. If someone ends up dropping out though, I will let you know.
Aw man. Well, if someone does decide to drop out, send me a message since I've been looking for a WWII based Rp on the site!

Alright. Pwh dropped out, and his character has been replaced by a new player. Just a heads up.

Just posting my CS here for public use.

Name: Samantha "Sam" Balmer

Position: Driver

Short Biography: The only daughter of a 5-Star German general, Samantha was raised around War and Politics. In 1936, when Germany secretly got involved in the Spanish Civil War, Sam couldn't hear enough about the heroics of the German soldiers. She used to stay up late at night reading news about them, for she longed to become a hero just like them. When Germany began world war 2 by invading Poland in 1939, Samantha was 19 and was determined that she would join in the war, and become a hero just like she had read about so many years ago. After some pleading to her father, who then in turn shifted his weight and bent the rules, she was allowed to enter the war, but not as infantry, but as part of a tank crew. Not what she dreamed of, but she would take it.

Personality: Sam is bright and bubbly to her friends, but when the times grow dire the military lifestyle she grew up with kicks in, and she can grow coldly serious.

Appearance: Height: 5 foot, 5 inches.
russian_female_soldier_8__ww2_by_uniformfan-d5r4kfv-1.jpg

Oh yes, one thing, all of your characters should be surprised by the presence of a woman in the crew. XD

// If anything, if someone does drop out then I'll fill in the spot, so that way there ain't two radio operators.

Name: Johan Von Weingarten

Position: Loader

Short Biography: Born 1909, Johan lived a long life of war and poverty, in a low life district of Berlin, while his father was an Obersoldat in the German Army, his mother stayed at home to take care of Johan and his two younger brothers. Johan soon moved from Berlin into France at age 23, living in Paris for the remainder of his silent life. Once the beginning of The Great War, Johan moved back into Germany, joining the Third Reichs "Glorious" army, more for economical issues than anything. His current rank as a Loader in the tank corps is Unteroffizier.

Personality: Serious in combat, Joking out of combat. A bit introverted, more so towards women, but has great communications skills.

Appearance: 5'11, Medium build, light brown hair with dark brown eyes, skinny if seem without his uniform, but very athletic otherwise.

Few Minor edits, including change of pic if anything.german_soldier___ww2_by_chomiczo-d6dauze.jpg

Accepted, also could you look up the average rank of the crew commander for me, and maybe the other positions as well, if you can? I had a hard time finding that sort of stuff, mostly because it varied so much... grumble grumble.

Oh, and does The Great War refer to WW1 or 2? Because if you meant 1 then I think you need to change the birth date.

Well, if I remember, it referred to WWI... I just found out about but it was called "The Peoples War" so cross that and put that x3 As for ranks, I found this:
Tank Commander: 1st or 2nd Lieutenant (also the Platoon Commander)
Gunner: Corporal
Driver: Technician 4th Grade
Cannoneer (assistant gunner): Private or PFC
Bow Gunner: Private or PFC

In terms of this in German ranks (These are atleast US WWII ranks of tank divisions)

TC is correct, can also be captain
Gunner: Obersoldat
Driver: Unteroffizier
Cannoneer(loader):
Bow Loader(?):
Both are Soldats. USUALLY. But for this purpose, I as the loader will still be Unteroffizier. Do note, Michael Wittmans tank crew were mostly Seargents and Officers

This crew is mostly fresh faced babies so they should be of lower rank than Micheal Wittman's crew.

Well true, but still take that into account. Anyways I've posted.

By the way, totally fine with your guys current post length, but with dialogue could you try to give context to who you are talking to about what? Simply using the quote function will be sufficent, but of course feel to just write something in your post that clarifies to whom you are speaking and what not.

Resistingtheenlightened, first, I need something shorter to call you, and second thanks for reminding me that they are called the Kriegsmarine. I'll edit the post. Could you delete the OOC post that you made in the IC thread and post such things in this thread in the future? Just to keep my IC nice and tidy. (BTW, I'm fine with OOC stuff in the IC thread as long as it is in parenthesis)

Status
Not open for further replies.