Breathe Me (Closed)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Cute, he though to himself as he saw a blush play over Terra's features. Jamal lost his own smile when he saw hers fade, then looked back to see what had caught her attention. Ah... the teens. He had almost forgotten that they were the very reason why he had woken up so early. That was how it usually was though. He noted from that Adint was awake and quite clearly didn't want to deal with the humans today. None of them wanted to, but someone had to humour them unless they wanted to be trapped in the house all day.
Kiki walked in then with sleep clouded eyes and several yawns. "Morning, Kiki," he replied. "How did your leg treat you last night?" He stretched his arms up above his head and stood from his position on the couch where his body had left a small, temporary dent of his shape in the cushions. He twisted a bit with a minor wince as the pain in his back mounted, then just as quickly subsided with a small 'pop', having cracked his back. Although occasionally painful, it also felt oddly satisfying as well. He then strolled casually towards the door and waited patiently for Kiki to answer on her own wellbeing before confronting the boys on the other side.

She frowned towards the door as she listened to the painful sounding pop of Jamal's back. "My leg was alright." She said. Those humans were outside again. She could hear them yelling through the thick door. "Shall I make breakfast?" She offered. If Jamal was going to step out and face the humans, Kiki wanted to be in the other room. Her blond hair was tousled from sleep and stuck up in every direction, and she knew she looked a mess, but she really didn't mind at the moment.

"That's good," he noted positively, "and yes, please, that would be lovely." He grabbed a worn scarf from off the hook on the back of the front door and reached his hand out to open the lock. As a last minutes thought, he poked his head into the kitchen and added a quick, "Please take stalk of what we do and don't have while your in there, hm. I plan on going out to pick up some groceries later." Then he hurried out the front door, firmly shutting the door behind him.

She nodded and looked through the fridge. As she pulled the eggs out of the fridge she scanned the insides quickly. They had milk, and eggs, and it looked like some leftover macaroni and ham from last time, but other than that it was looking pretty sparse. She made a note of what they had and starting frying up some eggs.

Jamal greeted the disheveled Kiki and stretched, cracking his back loudly. Every one of his movements seemed to show off how lean and handsome he was without even trying.
Terra watched Kiki step into the kitchen And Jamal walk out the door. Kiki was lucky she could help...
If she could easily walk around, Terra would be byJamal's side for sure. She really did want to give those idiots a piece her mind...or better yet, her claws. "Adint?" Terra called to the tailless neko under his sheets. "They won't hurt him, will they?" She asked, clearly referring to the teens outside. She was obviously concerned while she wrapped the blanket on the couch around her again. Terra sniffed it inconspicuously..it had Jamal's scent on it...a little honey and something like fertile soil. Perfect..

(( Kyaa! My alert box didn't tell me that you guys posted. Sorry. >_< ))

Jamal was greeted by a loud, long snort and a gob of yellow-green mucus that was spat in his direction, landing in a slimy blob between his feet. He eyed it warily, not wanting to accidentally step in it, nor have to get any closer to the teens than he had to. "...and morning to you," he muttered under his breath. His eyes narrowed in disgust but quickly covered it as being the sun in his eyes, wincing as he looked up towards it. That really hadn't been necessary. Though, if he were to recall anything that the teenagers had done, nothing was just or had a purpose outside of their hate for nekos. At least, as far as he could recall.
"What's that, Fish-Breath?" one of the girls sneered, edging closer as if Jamal had insulted them. He quickly shook his head, knowing from experience that if he denied it aloud then he would be lying. "Good." She slowly lowered the fist that she had raised as she spoke, but didn't step back. A boy who had long since been recognized as the leader, stepped forward until he was only a foot away from Jamal, forcing the girl back behind him. "Took ya some time to answer the door, huh?" The boy grinned predatorially when the only reply was a nonchalant shrug, swiping the cuff of his hand roughly against the neko's sensitive ears, making him bend over, clutching his ears protectively and in pain with a suppressed hiss. The hit would have hurt a normal human and, if hard enough, damaged their hearing. To Jamal it felt as if someone had bashed a metal gong beside his head lloud enough to pop his ear drums. He didn't believe that was the case now, but a buzz had started in the back of his head and he was almost positive that the wet liquid that dripped steadily down his face was the blood from his ear. He wiped the worst of it away with the back of his hand.
The boy suddenly leaned in very close, pressing his mouth so near that it almost touched his bloodied ear. "Next time I call, you come, and don't you ever turn your back to me again." His voice was like rough sand paper and it was a relief when he pulled away with his crew, simply nudging his head in the direction that he wanted them to go. The thing that was most disturbing though, had been the playful bite that had accompanied his remark, causing the trail of a fearful shiver to make its way down Jamal's spine.

Kiki stepped out of the kitchen with two steaming plates of eggs in her hands. She handed one to Terra and set the other on the table for Jamal before stepping back to get plates for herself and Adint. She came back again and handed one to Adint before sitting down against the wall and eating hungrily. She wasn't the greatest cook, but she'd managed not to burn the eggs. She gave herself props for that. She could have done a lot worse. They were a little bland tasting, but they were edible.

Jamal waited until the group was out of sight before taking a moment to recompose himself; running his fingers loosely through the tangles of his hair; wiping most of the remaining drops of blood from his ear; and brushing off his clothes. With a small, calming breath, he re-entered the apartment as if nothing had happened, shutting the door quietly behind himself. It only been a minor mishap and could be quickly forgotten, afterall. He gave the small company, to any who were looking, a quick smile to assure them that all was fine for the time being, then sat himself at the table to eat with a small word of thanks to Kiki.

((Sorry my alerts haven't told me anyone's replied either, I am so sorry. :( ))

Adint sat up slowly stretching a little and yawning. He looked over to Terra and nodded, soon Jamal had returned and he stood up following Kiki and Jamal to the table to eat with them, he looked over at Terra who was still sitting, "Will you join us?" he asked her softly.

Terra thanked Kiki for the food and assessed Jamal as well as she could, staring from the couch and chewing on the slightly burnt eggs. There was a dot of blood near the corner of the inside of one of his ears. She tried to make sure his leg was okay from last night but he gave no sign of pain, so she relaxed again, trying not to move much.
Terra leaned on the back of the couch and faced the kitchen, the least painful position for her. Her tail swished slowly under the blanket that was slipping off of her shoulder on one side. Her bright eyes flashed to Adint when he asked her if she would follow them. "...can't." She mumbled her one word response, she knew her ribs and spine would be aching even worse today then yesterday and she was right. She would hardy be able to move today. And she hated it.

Adint nodded and carried his food over to sit by her, he would rather sit by Kiki, but it seemed rude to not be by her, he smiled softly, "Ok." He cocked his head to the side, "Did you sleep well?" He asked her.

Terra gave Adint an appreciative half smile for keeping her company. He then cocked his head, his grayish silver hair slipping to the side and asked how she'd slept. Was he really asking her that? There was no way he hadn't heard her abrupt awakening last night. Stupid nightmare.
She doubted he was mocking her weakness, even though he seemed to be rubbing it in her face. So she furrowed her brow at him, confused and a little hurt at his inquiry.

He looked at her slightly confused, then shrugged it off, "Nevermind then ..." he looked toward Kiki and Jamal, before staring down at his own food, he sighed a little and ate the food slowly, his heart keeping a slow steady pace, whistling a short 5 note tune, before he perked his ear's up slightly, before frowning, "Damn I forgot." he sat up before going to the door, he waited a moment, a bit scared to go outside.

Jamal's eyes left the plate of eggs that he had been staring at intently, somewhat lost in his own thoughts, when they caught the movement of Adint making his way to the door. He watched the neko with carefully contained curiosity, wondering what would important enough to leave the house when he so clearly wanted to do anything but. He recalled what Terra had suggested the night before and decided to give it a try. "Would you like me to come with you, Adint?" he suggested. Even if he felt uncomfortable with Jamal possibly coming as well, Jamal wouldn't mind leaving him at half of the way for privacy's sale.

Adint smiled softly, "Are ... Are the people still outside?" Adint asked curiously, looking at Jamal, "I might be able to handle this myself ..." he stuck his hand into his pocket, he had to go look for something, and then he had to go to the pawn shop ... the pain in his chest deepend just thinking about going there, "Actually ... how much money do we have as well?" Adint asked curiously.

Kiki's eyes flicked from Adint to Terra to Jemal as the conversation around her made it's course. She wans't one for lots of input, she just listened as they spoke. Adint didn't seem to want to go to the pawn shop. Kiki knew that Terra would rather Jamal stay. Her ears flicked a bit. "I can go with him." She offered quietly.

Jamal shook his head in the negative. "No," he assured him quickly. "They've gone for now, but I would be careful to make sure that they don't follow you from the building." A growing look of concern spread across his face at Adint's next sentence. He didn't like how he used the word 'might' as it left an unsettling feeling in the pit of his stomach. Kiki then quietly offered that she go with Adint instead, causing his eyes to momentarily widen with surprise before a small smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. Perhaps she was breaking a little further through her shell of shyness and general lack of being outgoing. Whatever the reason, he was glad to see it. "That's a wonderful idea," he said, praising her lightly. "So long as you believe that your leg can handle it." His attention then returned to the male neko as he asked how much money they had remaining. His cheeks puffed up with pent up air that was slowly released, sounding almost like a whistle as it left. He didn't normally like to openly discuss their financial stability, but the question had been asked and they all had a right to know. "We got slightly ahead of our payment plan yesterday, so that helps a bit. Without exacting monthly fees on food, water, electricity, clothes and other necessities, we have around fifteen hundred." What he wouldn't tell them, if he could help it, was the amount after exacting the fees. He abruptly stood from the table and went over to Adint, using his body to block the girls from seeing as he took the boy's hand and firmly pressed two of the hundreds into his palm. "Just in case," he explained under his breath. Without another word, he went back to the table and with his empty plate, went to the kitchen.

Terra smirked a little, watching Jamal try out her 'going out in pairs' idea. and when he announced that the humans outside the door were gone, she smiled, thankful for that little peace of mind. She finished off her eggs last, wanting to savor every bite of every delicious meal since she hadn't tasted stuff like this in years. Then, she set her plate down on the ground, hissing when she leaned down and Kiki offered to take Jamal's place. A little flutter thrummed against Terra's heartstrings just thinking about being all alone with Jamal. Terra listened closely to Jamal's financial statements and followed him with her eyes as he sauntered back into the kitchen. She looked up at Kiki then, hoping her leg would be okay for the journey with the unknown destination.

Kiki ducked her head at the quiet praise. a light blush spread across her pale cheeks. "My leg will be alright." She replied quietly. She frowned a bit at Jamal's dodge of the question, then was distracted by Terra's hiss of pain. She stood automatically and took Terra's plate into the kitchen. When she returned she tugged her hat down over her ears. She was ready to go when Adint was. She glanced at him warily, wondering what he'd think of her coming along.

Terra watched Kiki downplay her injury and pick up her empty plate for her. "Thank you Kiki. Be careful out there." Terra gave her a half smile. hoping for their safe return.