Breathe Me (Closed)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Adint held the two hundred in his hands, Just in case ... that had been what Jamal said, "In case of what?" He whispered morely to himself, he was glad that Jamal had said fifteen hundred, it was enough at the moment and meant he wouldn't have to sell his mother's necklace ... yet, he breathed a soft sigh of relief and smiled gratefully, then looked over at Kiki, so she would come with him? Adint shrugged, "Ok Kiki, ready?" He asked, slipping his coat, glasses, and hat on.

She nodded and followed behind him. He seemed relieved that they had money, and she considered pointing out that Jamal had neglected to tell them how much they had after they paid for everything, but decided against it. It wasn't any of her business. She tugged on her hat absently and stepped out the door behind him. She was a little anxious at being outside once more, but she quelled the feeling. Nothing was going to happen.

Adint looked around before descending down the stair's, leading Kiki behind his as they left, he had a tight feeling in his gut, but hwe shook his head, he had a friend downtown that he had loaned a parcel to, he was hoping his friend was at the allyway he had told him, to meet him at, Damien, Adint shrugged, he had given it to Damien for him to examine and find out what it truly was, he had found it laying in the street's one day and gazed upon it, when he had opened it he found a block of quartz inside, not knowing exactly what it was he had given it to Damien, in hope's he could find out and it would be valuable, possibly, possibly not, after all, he had came across fool's gold before and thought he was rich.

Terra watched Adint and Kiki depart and close the door behind them. Now that it was just her and Jamal, she was a little worried that he'd ask about last night and the other details about her arrival here. She knew that if he asked, she'd probably tell him the truth and it scared her how willing she was to tell him of her secrets and fears after only a day. She leaned against the couch again, mindful of the injuries on both sides of her torso. She hoped they were healing okay, but she didn't want to check and subject Jamal to her disgusting scars and wounds again. She kept her eyes away from his and tried to breathe deeply, testing the boundaries of her ribs before they flared up again.

Jamal heard the question from Adint as he had walked away and, also to himself replied under his breath, "Anything." Although sending two nekos out somewhat relieved him since they could help one another, it also made him twice as anxious for their return. On more than one occasion, he had been mugged and beaten on the streets and, eventually, picked up the pattern that if you had more money on you at the time, the less they would aim to kill you. Afterall, who's to say that you don't always bring something with you, and if that's the case then you immediately become more valuable alive rather than dead.
He left the kitchen with a small rag, using it to dry his hands, before laying it on the back of a chair to dry. "You've been pretty quiet today," he noted softly, looking over at Terra with a newly found expression of worry. He sat down carefully at the end of the couch near her feet, wary of bending his leg as he eased himself down. He debated against asking at first about how she came across the name, and won. It was important, but so was her wellbeing. Instead, he settled with a quiet, "Do you remember what your dream was about?" He didn't want to intrude but he couldn't help but want to help her to should whatever burdens she had on her chest, just looking at her now. The rich darkness of her hair and bright violet of her eyes whenever they watched him, the small fragility of her body that made him want to hug her just to make sure she was okay, and the sense of determination and survival in her mind that he had to admire. He didn't understand how she could view herself as disgusting. She was beautiful and amazing, stunning even. His face immediately turned a dark red, unsure of where those thoughts had come from, and quickly turned away when he realised he was also staring, using his hand to cover his mouth in embarrassment.

Again, Terra noticed that Jamal was worried about her again when he noticed how quiet she'd been. He sat down by her feet and she was glad to see that he was more cautious with his injury than she was with hers. He seemed a little undecided for a moment before asking her if she remembered her dream from last night. How could she not remember? It was the recurring kind, showing up nearly every night like a bad movie that somehow manages to scare her every time.
Before she answered him, she noticed him staring at her...with an expression that wasn't negative. How peculiar. If anyone ever stared at her, it was with disgust, pity or drunken lust. Not what looked almost like admiration...then Jamal's face turned red and she smiled a little He looked cute when he was embarrassed.
"My nightmare you mean? Of course. Why do you ask?"

He inhaled deeply to try and steady his beating heart into a more regular rhythm before answering. Out with it, he told himself firmly. The blush receded a little, leaving only a light shadowing that made looking at Terra again a bit more bearable for his male ego. "When you woke up from the nightmare, you yelled out the name 'Marley', which is what woke most of us up." He paused a moment, then looked up at her with a mix of determination and dead seriousness. "Do you know him as well?" The 'as well' was a hint at him knowing who he was, while also being cautious on giving her information on the man who had helped them all so much.

Jamal's blush slowly returned to nearly its normal coloring and she listened intently to his statement. She bit her lip when he told her that most of them woke up because of her. His face then grew very serious.
"Do you know him as well?"
Terra's bright eyes widened as she stared into Jamal's emerald eyes. Immediately, she spoke. This meant everything to her. "Jamal you know a Marley? My-my parents told me to find Marley before...before they died. Who is he? What do you know about him?" Terra rambled desperately. She gad to know everything he did about this Marley. It was basically the only thing that had kept her going all this time.

Jamal listened to Terra's questions and noted the widening of her eyes in recognition of his own question to her. He patiently waited for her to stop her bombardment of questions before answering one of them. "I know a man named Marley," he said warily, unsure of how much he should tell her. "He's a good friend of mine, and we go back quite far." He pursed his lips in contemplation, not enlightening her any further while he thought. Her parents' dying wish was for her to find Marley, but who was to say that it wasn't for a death wish. His breath caught in his throat when he tried to put himself in Terra's position. What if his sister's last words were to find someone that he knew nothing about, then he met Terra, who knew said person? He would be scared, joyful, nervous, excited, anxious and want as much information on the person as he could get his hands on. It would be cruel not to tell her what was left that he knew about the man. "He helps nekos by setting up 'safe houses', like this one," he opened his arms briefly to gesture at the apartment they we're in, "all over the place." Instead of in one area like we used to do until... "He's a human now, and a very successful one at that, but it should not be so openly talked about." In a softer voice he added, "He sacrificed a lot in order to help what neko we could."

Jamal told her about this man very slowly, contemplating pieces of information before he gave them to her. Terra was very impatient. This could be the man her parents meant for Pete's sakeà she had to know everything! But by the time Jamal finished, she was very confused. "What do you mean he's a human now? What did he sacrifice?" Terra wondered. How could anyone become human if they're neko?

Jamal sighed and angled his head slightly downwards for a better view of his neko ears, elongating all of his nails as he pointed at them as well as his mouth, then bringing his swishing tail forward. He looked straight at her them, begging her violet eyes to understand as he said, "Everything." He didn't like repeating exactly how Marley did it, and it gave him chills to remember it, but by showing what he did have, maybe she would understand that those were the very things that Marley didn't.

Terra's jaw dropped at Jamal's display of just exactly what Marley had lost or...or cut off himself. She hated being treated the way nekoes are but she would never hate it so much as to let go of her fangs or claws or ears or tail! They were her only defense against the cruel world when she had no weapons and she would never give them up. And Marley did this to make safe houses? With that sudden realization, Terra gasped at the onslaught of flashbacks of her parents. Her eyes widened and her pupils narrowed to slits. In her head she saw her parents through younger eyes as they told her of a superhero who gave up everything to save the nekoes of the world. As long as she believed in him, he would save her and the other nekoes. They never said his name, but that must have been what the men who'd killed Adele and Simon were after. Who the savior was.
Terra winced at the painful twinge in her heart. They were helping him and she had no idea because they were keeping her safe at all costs.
"...Jamal. Where is he? I need to find him. I have to speak to him." Terra breathed, a little shaken from what her mind had dredged up from the depths of her memory.

Jamal let his tail fall back to the floor where it occasionally twitched whenever a door was slammed somewhere else in the complex. His claws remained out though, but only half way as he raised his head again. A pained expressed crossed his face when she asked where the man could be found. "I... I can't tell you that, Terra. I'm sorry, but I can't. We're not supposed to seek him out unless there's an absolute emergency, and even then there are other options. He will sometimes come and visit his houses though, it's just never expected, so I don't know when he might come over next." He gazed at Terra apologetically, then shrugged and turned away slightly, nails digging into his palm to keep silent. He wanted to tell her. Tell her everything. But he couldn't. Wouldn't. He was determined to keep his vow of silence on that matter, even if Terra hated him for it.

Jamal looked to be in pain after he relaxed his cat like features. He was unhappy that he couldn't tell her where Marley was, but she was glad that she might be able to see him if he visited. Terra could tell that he knew more than he was letting on, but they both had their share of secrets and at least he had provided her a way to find him. And that's all she needed.
Terra brought her hand up to give his shoulder a squeeze. "Thank you. You have no idea how long I've needed that information. Thank you so much."
Terra knew that she owed Jamal so much now. Her life twice over and now she was indebted to him for his incredibly helpful information. The worst thing was, she was just going to keep taking from him. She decided she would stay here until the mysterious hero of her memories decided to visit. "Is it okay if I stay here long enough to see him?" Terra asked anxiously. She didn't care how long it took. She'd been waiting 6 years for this opportunity, surely she could wait a little longer.

Jamal jumped ever so slightly as Terra placed her hand on his shoulder, squeezing it gently and continuing on to thank him for what information he had given her. His eyes widened in surprise, then relaxed. He had expected her to become upset with his withholding of information on Marley, but he was glad that he had been wrong. He smiled equally in relief and to her next request on being able to stay. It wasn't an uncommon thing nowadays, when a neko they took care asked for a longer residence, even after they were well. "Of course it's okay," was his immediate answer, allowing a guilty flutter of happiness to tickle his chest at the idea of her staying. He tapped his bottom lip a few times though as if contemplating something, a hidden glint coming to his eyes. "However, there are a few terms and conditions that you would need to follow." Still hiding the sparkle, using a lock of hair as an aid to block his eyes, he looked at her expectantly, slightly arching a brow in question to if she would be up to the still unspoken tasks.

Terra didn't notice his slight alarm at her touch, but she smiled brightly when he permitted her to stay. Her heart fluttered a little at the thought of being around him for a while until her expression sobered when he tapped at his lip. Something in his eyes sparked before he hid it with his hair and she blinked and nodded her head in understanding. Of course there would be rules. She waited expectantly for his terms. She was ready.

"Firstly, as I have told you before, no door and no mail. I am very firm on that matter, as it's for your own safety. Occasional help on the preparation of meals will also be highly appreciated." He tilted his head to the side at that moment, watching for her reaction thus far. "The telling and, preferable permission, before leaving the house, a bit of cleaning, a kiss from time to time, and no fuss about being taken care of whenever you're unwell." A slow smile spread across his face. "Although you don't have to do anything aside from the last until you're better."

(( Sorry about the lack of content. Im baby-sitting and the loud tv is making it hard to concentrate @_@ ))

"Firstly, as I have told you before, no door and no mail. I am very firm on that matter, as it's for your own safety. Occasional help on the preparation of meals will also be highly appreciated."
She nodded, staring into his eyes. Her ears were pointed toward him so she could clearly listen to his conditions. His words reminded her of the mail Kiki had collected last night and her eyes flicked toward the box momentarily. Jamal continued and Terra kept nodding until he mentioned kissing and not fussing. She widened her eyes and pursed her lips tightly.He smiled before informing her that she wouldn't have to do anything until she felt better. That smile probably meant he was joking about kissing him, but still. "Did I hear you say 'a kiss from time to time'? What are you implying with that, huh?" Terra smiled teasingly, raising her eyebrows and making him wait before bursting into laughter. Her ribs flared up painfully, but she ignored the pain for now. It didn't matter. She doesn't matter. What mattered to her right now was Jamal's flirtatious rule.

Kiki followed silently behind the musing Adint. She didn't know where they were going and she didn't want to speak now. She twisted and untwisted a strand of short hair; a nervous habit developed over long years. She stuck close behind him and kept her head down. She was nervous about being outside again, but she'd have to do it eventually. May as well do it now.

He looked behind him at the quiet Kiki, "Something the matter?" He inquired, he noted her twisting her strand of hair, and stopped, he looked at the street as a few car's passed by, "By the way ... if I tell you to run, or hide ... do it ... ok?"