Breathe Me (Closed)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
He nodded, and smiled softly, glad she had accepted it, he walked toward the bathroom, stripping down once the door had been locked, and stepping into the cold water, and shivering, he hurried out after his skin was clean and changed into a pair of basketball short's, and a t-shirt.

She stepped into the bedroom to change into the dry cloths, then went into the kitchen with Jamal. She brushed at her still damp hair with a yawn. "How did you and Terra do?" She asked.

Adint sat next to Terra, "Hey." He whispered, a small yawn coming from his mouth and he shuddered. Looking at Terra softly, and then chuckling, obviously he was more exhausted than he had originally thought he had been.

Jamal had four mismatched cups of different colours but modestly similar sizes. The water filter had been acting up again, so it had taken him a bit of patience and several less patient taps to the device before it had finally come forth with enough water that it could be deemed as sufficient enough for four nekos to share. He took the filtered water and poured it into a large soup pot to boil on the stove, retrieving packets of peppermint tea from the fridge, where beetles couldn't venture, and was now simply waiting for the water. The age old expression of 'a watched pot never boils' echoed in his mind, so he was grateful of the distraction of speech when Kiki came into the kitchen. "So-so," he answered casually. "We joked around a bit before opening the mail, which I just finished throwing out before you came back. Oh! Which reminds me, if you happen to see large, two foot long, mutant rats scurrying around, they're real and they bite, so be careful." He looked around the kitchen then, half expecting the rodents to jump out at him now that he had mentioned them but, seeing nothing, he relaxed again, leaning back against the counter-top.

At the mention of rats Kiki squeaked and leapt up onto one of the kitchen chairs. "Aah, I can't stand rats!" she lamented as she looked for them. "Are you sure they didn't get out or something?" Hopefully the wretched things had managed to find their way outside and weren't still here. She twisted the too-large shirt in her hands.

Terra kept silent when the others arrived, letting Jamal do the talking and leading, though her eyes widened at their condition. Would it always be like this when anybody left. What happened to them?
"Hey Adint...feeling okay?" Terra answered, grateful for Jamal's offer of warm drinks. Her ears snapped up at Kiki's squeak in reaction to the mention of the rats. Her fault. She shouldn't have pushed him to open it. Glad to realize that the mutant rodent hadn't shown up in the kitchen, Terra relaxed, though her tail still twitched anxiously under the blanket.

((Sorry alerts dont alert me))

Adint nodded at Terra's question, "Yeah i'm fine? And yourself?" He looked over to Kiki ax she squeaked, "Mutant rat's? Should I even ask?" He looked at her and Jamal softly, before shaking his head in disbelief.

Terra sighed slightly, still aware of her injuries. But she had to admit, with them around, she felt...better.
Her violet eyes watched his, frowning over the rodent dilemma she'd caused. "You could say I feel better. About the rats? Um..well just be aware that they may or may not be here. Huge rats. Hopefully found their way out by now." Terra looked down at her lap again. Her stupid curiosity and naivety had got her into this and now she'd taken it out on all four of them.

He shook his head a little, "It'll be fine." He smiled gently, "If their are rat's, we'll find em ... and get rid of em." He winked and sat up, looking over to Kiki and Jamal, "Right Jamal?"

Jamal pondered Kiki's question, looking around them again for a second time in order to assure himself as much as her, that there were none in the immediate area. "I don't think they could have," he answered truthfully, finger lightly tapping his chin as he stared up at the ceiling. "I don't think there are any cracks in the walls big enough to let something like that escape. They might be able to crawl down the bathroom drain if they try hard enough, but I can't imagine why they would ever want to do that instead of staying here in the warmth." The pot on the stove began to boil over, snapping Jamal from his thoughtful ideas of where the rats might be at that very second. Watching them? He shuddered and pulled the lid off of the pot, tipping the liquid into a jug that could be more easily used to pour into cups. Grabbing a near empty bottle of honey from the fridge, he added a few drops to each cup before pouring the hot water in afterwards. He took the first cup, a yellow and blue mug, and offered it to Kiki, then grabbed a white and a purple cup, leaving the kitchen in order to hand them to Adint and Terra. He returned to the kitchen only to grab his own gray cup and beckon for Kiki to leave the kitchen with him to sit in the living room. Jamal looked around briefly for a place to sit and decided to settle with his recliner bed/ chair, crossing his legs as he sat. Hearing Adint's question, he grinned predatorially. "Definitely."

She accepted the cup from Jamal with a quiet thanks and followed him into the living room. She grimaced at the conversation about the rats. She glance around, then seated herself against the opposite wall from Adint and Terra after making double sure there were no rats about. "Thank you for the tea." She said. The warmth was heavenly, and just what she needed after the cold shower. She drank it slowly and waited.

Terra's sensitive ears picked up Jamal's comments on the rats' unlikely escape and she bit her lip and gulped nervously. Though she wasn't as afraid as Kiki seemed to be about them, she wasn't exactly in tip top shape and catching rats in her claws didn't sound as fun as it would have before Jamal saved her. Terra smiled gratefully when Jamal passed her a purple cup, a shade or two darker than her eyes. Agreeing with Kiki, who still shivered over the mention of rats, she thanked Jamal and her smile widened at his predatory smirk. It was kind of..sexy. She wished she could join him on the hunt, but she was still annoyingly hindered by her ribs. Terra took a sip of the warm liquid, closing her eyes in appreciation. It was..perfect.

A shuffling could be heard from the direction of the bedroom, followed by the sounds of hissing and gurgling as what Jamal presumed to be the rats, were fighting amongst one another. Something like a growl was then heard shortly before muffled squeal, then all was silent again. Although, if you were to ask him, he would have sworn that he saw a brief shadow of a rat scurry down the hallway, dragging another of its kind by the tail.

"Uhm..." Jamal tore his widened eyes away from the shadows, hoping that it had only been his eyes playing tricks on him, though he doubted it. He coughed and took a sip of the warm tea, feeling the heat of the steam brush across his face, warming his nose and cheeks. "So, what did you two do while you were out?" he asked curiously to the two, gaze switching between then to show that the question was for either of them to answer. He took another sip of the hot, peppermint favoured, sugar water.

Adint looked down at his leg's, holding his cup, Jamal's question reminding him of what had happened, "I ... prefer not to answer ..." He said slowly, still looking down, "Let's just say ... thing's didn't go as planned ... as alway's." He shifted a little in his spot, looking over at Kiki, an exchange of silent wor's, he wanted to keep this between them, however it was her choice, if she would tell them or not, he knew himself that he should tell Jamal, but he didn't have enough heart too, especially with Kiki, and Terra around. He took a sip of the drink, warming up slightly, and gulping it down, hs ear's perked up now.

Kiki scrambled to her feet when she heard the noises from the bedroom. She was quickly deciding that the floor was not the best place to be. After a moment's hesitation, she walked over and sat next to Terra on the couch. "Sorry." She apologized quietly. She was about to answer Jamal when Adint said that he'd prefer not to answer. When he looked at her she was sure he didn't want her to tell, although she wasn't sure why. She glanced from Adint to Jamal, then down at her hands. She felt like they deserved to know what was going on, but if Adint didn't want her to talk, she wouldn't.

Jamal nodded slowly, eyes wandering away from Adint and Kiki when they decided that neither were going to speak much more on the topic. It was their choice whether or not they wanted to share the events of the day, and if they went against it, he wasn't going to force them unless it somehow endangered them further. Seeing as how that was quite unlikely, he simply accepted their silence, both nekos looking down at their hands almost apologetically. He sighed and looked back to them with the light smile, "It's alright," he assured them both. It was so rare that they were all able to just sit around and enjoy one anothers company in peace without at least one of them running off to tend to some task, and he didn't want it to be spoiled by any feelings of guilt for not telling him something.

Adint nodded softly, "Thanks." He whispered softly toward Jamal, smiling a little bit, he looked over toward Kiki though, still wondering how she had felt about what had happened earlier outside, he would have to ask her later to make sure she had not been traumatized.

Terra looked around at the nekoes surrounding her in this little home of four. They would easily turn into friends. In fact, Adint was the only one she hadn't really talked to. She wondered if the others knew of each others pasts. It was plain to see that they all had painful stories to tell, but had they been explained before she arrived? Terra herself definitely felt like she could tell at least Jamal everything about her without being afraid of horrible consequences. The only thing standing in her way would be her discomfort of speaking about her past. The fact that they'd be listening, that they'd know..didn't really bother her any longer. Especially because she'd been sitting on the couch, useless because of her injuries...and no one seemed to judge her. At least outwardly. She sipped at her tea delicately and smiled at everyone. One for Adint beside her, one for Jamal across from her on the recliner, and one for Kiki sitting on the floor. Hesitantly, she spoke. "I'm really glad you two are okay. No matter what happened out there, you're here now. Safe. At least, that's how I feel in here, with all of you. It's...a sanctuary. And I'm really grateful that you've all made me feel welcome here and Jamal, I'm glad you saved my life and thought to bring me here. Do Adint and Kiki know...about Marley?" She asked him, unsure of whether she should have revealed his name to the others.

((sooooo sorry for the wait. let's please keep writing on this. i'll be checking my email now that i know for sure that alerts are unreliable.))

Kiki glanced up when Terra started to talk, and gave her a small, hesitant smile back. She stood from the floor and walked over to sit by Terra and Adint. She frowned when Terra mention someone named Marley. "Who is that?" she asked curiously. She looked to Jamal, who Terra was addressing the question.

Adint looked between her and Jamal, "Marley ... Marley ..." he said whispering the name, he remembered Jamal talking about him, however had never met him face to face, and he had known Jamal for a while now, he put his finger to his chin, in deep thought.