#BoycottBeyonce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, okay

I can see why people are angry now, they went to the Super Bowel to just have a good time, and Beyonce goes out of her way to bring up politics in the form of BlackLivesMatter

That feel when you want to escape to Canada to get away from everyone's sensitivity.

That feel when your banned from setting foot on Canadian soil.

Fml

I don't ever watch Beyonce, I don't care about her music at all.
Plus I've seen her open her mouth on social issues before and could only facepalm.

As for this situation specifically though? I'll admit to knowing next to nothing on the Black Panthers other than that they were some group whose response to racism was... to continue dividing people by race. Rather than what MLK did which was to unite people together.

That and I don't really care about the Super Bowl, at all.
But I can understand why people would be annoyed with Beyonce trying to bring politics into it.

For another example, back during ConBravo last year we were starting off well. Guest's being introduced, everyone getting pumped up for a great convention.
And then they had to have a speaker go on about "If you're white and male you should stop being ignorant and check your privilege!".

Really? Did they really need to do that? People came to have fun, and you want to go political?
Well, as far as the Con was concerned it certainly left a sour taste during the convention for people there, so I can imagine the same being true with Beyonce's deal and the Superbowl.

That being said however, did Beyonce have a right to state her message?
By all fucking means yes she did, she's a singer, there's freedom of speech, creativity and expression. It comes with the package.

However, do the people watching also have a right to be annoyed with it? Disagree with it? Or call her out on it?
Also yes. They came for the superbowl, not that. And if what she did was hurting everyone's enjoyment it's only common business for customers to complain about a lousy service.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slade and Dervish
Lol, okay

I can see why people are angry now, they went to the Super Bowel to just have a good time, and Beyonce goes out of her way to bring up politics in the form of BlackLivesMatter
It's what they get for supporting a violent, concussion-culture sport.

That feel when you want to escape to Canada to get away from everyone's sensitivity.

That feel when your banned from setting foot on Canadian soil.

Fml
I feel like that second bit has a story that needs sharing.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I feel like that second bit has a story that needs sharing.
I had an OWI (operating while intoxicated) about four years ago. Because of that drunk driving on my record, I'm considered to be a threat to Canadian society and am not welcome in their borders.

No, that's not a joke.

I had an OWI (operating while intoxicated) about four years ago. Because of that drunk driving on my record, I'm considered to be a threat to Canadian society and am not welcome in their borders.

No, that's not a joke.
... What?

Speaking as a Canadian that's bloody ridiculous.
We have a lot of people who drink, and although drunk driving isn't advisable the occasional fuck up does happen.

To ban someone from the country over it?
That's... I'm at a loss for words. :/

Clearly. Tollner was driving a TANK at he moment of intoxication. Context people!

Clearly. Tollner was driving a TANK at he moment of intoxication. Context people!
That or he doesn't want to admit he was trying to ride a moose while drunk and someone mistook his drunken encouragements as heat of the moment statements, misinterpreting everything that was going on.

No, that's not a joke.

But if the kaiju attack, how are we supposed to drift now? :(

I'm disappoint in all of you.

Reactions: Peter Feels
Don't drink and post kids.

I'm disappoint in all of you.
It's still, somewhat on topic.

But to really get back on topic, I think this:

12647282_10153891029560238_8115101816854386910_n.png

This sums up the general idea behind why everyone is everyone is pissed off. If a group like Disturbed came out on stage at the Super Bowl wearing Nazi uniforms or white sheets, everyone would be screaming racism and how wrong it was. Why shouldn't it be any different for every other hate group? Why is it acceptable for her to do it and not suffer backlash for it, but if someone white did the same thing they'd be verbally crucified by every media outlet in existence. Double standards. That's what's got everyone's panties all in a bunch.

It's still, somewhat on topic.

But to really get back on topic, I think this:

12647282_10153891029560238_8115101816854386910_n.png

This sums up the general idea behind why everyone is everyone is pissed off. If a group like Disturbed came out on stage at the Super Bowl wearing Nazi uniforms or white sheets, everyone would be screaming racism and how wrong it was. Why shouldn't it be any different for every other hate group? Why is it acceptable for her to do it and not suffer backlash for it, but if someone white did the same thing they'd be verbally crucified by every media outlet in existence. Double standards. That's what's got everyone's panties all in a bunch.
Can you not see the MASSIVE difference in the context of which the Black Panther Party fought for their cause, as compared to the KKK or the Nazies?

Status
Not open for further replies.