#BoycottBeyonce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things are never going to change because there is never going to be a time when there isn't at least one person who doesn't hate. There's always going to be racism on both sides. (And so help me if another person tries telling me that non-white people can't be racist, I'm going to tell them to go live in my old neighborhood. Honky, white trash, redneck, that's all we were called, and we rarely left our house.)

The problem isn't race. The problem is people. People are miserable creatures and misery loves company.

Reactions: LunaValentine
I feel it necessary to point out how bloody stupid the lot of you are for believing what Beyoncé wore was a Black Panthers uniform.

It was an homage to Michael Jackson, you half-wit.
michale-jason-beyonce-superbowl-outfits-lead.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Space Cowboy
Sorry but that No True Scottsman Fallacy doesn't work especially when the biggest names of the feminist movement are clearly misandrists and have a low opinion of women in general. Third-wave feminism is a joke. Always has been, always will be. Egalitarianism is the way to go.

Yes it is a productive conversation. Unless you're choosing to ignore the whole "Teach Men Not To Rape", the Yes Means Yes bullshit, Rape Culture, and the fact that feminists think the whole "innocent until proven guilty" in our justice system is sexist? Oh and let's NOT forget the fact that feminists don't want to take female on male or female on female rape into account!

So yes it is all feminists no matter how hard people try to sugarcoat it and make it seem like it isn't.
So. I am a misandrist. Ok. Gotcha. DO you even read what you write?

Sorry but that No True Scottsman Fallacy doesn't work especially when the biggest names of the feminist movement are clearly misandrists and have a low opinion of women in general. Third-wave feminism is a joke. Always has been, always will be. Egalitarianism is the way to go.

Yes it is a productive conversation. Unless you're choosing to ignore the whole "Teach Men Not To Rape", the Yes Means Yes bullshit, Rape Culture, and the fact that feminists think the whole "innocent until proven guilty" in our justice system is sexist? Oh and let's NOT forget the fact that feminists don't want to take female on male or female on female rape into account!

So yes it is all feminists no matter how hard people try to sugarcoat it and make it seem like it isn't.
So basically, you're telling me that no matter what I say I believe, I'm wrong because you don't believe that I believe that?

What?

Okay, cool, glad to know you're dismissing everything I have to say. .___.

So basically, you're telling me that no matter what I say I believe, I'm wrong because you don't believe that I believe that?

What?

Okay, cool, glad to know you're dismissing everything I have to say. .___.
In feminism, there is no individuality. If you don't agree with EVERYTHING they spout out, you WILL be outcasted and hated. Since you're a male, you're not even allowed to speak about rape according to feminists and in order to be a good ally, you have to keep your mouth shut. Feminism has basically become a SJW cult.

I used to be a feminist so I know these things and have actually experienced them for myself which is why I no longer stand with it and am now an egalitarian.

So. I am a misandrist. Ok. Gotcha. DO you even read what you write?
Don't blame me. Blame the feminist bigwigs who turned feminism into a big joke when the third wave started.

Pretty sure you and everyone else in this thread are thinking of a completely different feminism. Tbh, sounds like a personal problem on your end.

In feminism, there is no individuality. If you don't agree with EVERYTHING they spout out, you WILL be outcasted and hated. Since you're a male, you're not even allowed to speak about rape according to feminists and in order to be a good ally, you have to keep your mouth shut. Feminism has basically become a SJW cult.

I used to be a feminist so I know these things and have actually experienced them for myself which is why I no longer stand with it and am now an egalitarian.
Except that I know plenty of female feminists who don't think that or act that way.

I'm sorry you apparently met a bunch of assholes.

But you're literally doing the exact thing you think feminists do, here. You're generalizing about an entire group of people and ignoring someone who doesn't fit into that worldview.

This topic isn't about feminism, though, so if you want to discuss this more we should do it elsewhere. We've explored the tangent as far as it should go, I think.

See, the funny thing here is that he never made a No True Scotsman fallacy. He said he personally doesn't believe those things you're saying all feminists believe, and he is a feminist, therefore not all feminists are like that. Never once did he even hint at something like "real feminists don't think that," which would have qualified as the named fallacy.

You however rebutted with "yes all feminists." You implied the No True Scotsman fallacy yourself by saying that all feminists do the thing that he said he doesn't do. That's the quintessential and classic form of delivering the No True Scotsman fallacy. Irony is fun!

Except feminism is not a monolith? I mean, I despise the majority of the third wave nonsense too, but come on. There are absolutely feminists who exist who break the mold and don't walk in lockstep with the nonsense (ever head of Christina Hoff Sommers?). The ridiculous ones try to excommunicate them, but feminism is not a membership club, it's a self-identification, so that ostracism doesn't mean they aren't feminists... unless you're trying to make yet another No True Scotsman argument here by saying the third wave types are the only real feminists? :|

I am a feminist. So is Ozzy. So please kindly stop trying to tell us what feminism is like :). Seing how you are acting just like you know every feminist in the country, let alone the world, is absurd. Are there crazy, crazy people who claim the ideology. Sure. So there is with everything else. There are different schools of thought regarding feminism, becouse people are individual thinkers as much as they are collective. You are doing everything your supposed boogymen super feminazis are doing. But I agree with Ozzy. We have explored this as far as we should and then some in this particular topic.

RRRRRELEVANT 8D

IT'S SO WEIRD HOW KNOWING THINGS PUTS YOU IN A POSITION TO SAY SHIT THAT MATTER, INNIT THO

I am a feminist. So is Ozzy. So please kindly stop trying to tell us what feminism is like :). Seing how you are acting just like you know every feminist in the country, let alone the world, is absurd. Are there crazy, crazy people who claim the ideology. Sure. So there is with everything else. There are different schools of thought regarding feminism, becouse people are individual thinkers as much as they are collective. You are doing everything your supposed boogymen super feminazis are doing. But I agree with Ozzy. We have explored this as far as we should and then some in this particular topic.
feministfunsm.png

Reactions: Jorick
@Kooriryu @Opal @Everyone else trying to get my/Hellis's back:

Thanks but come on, I'm trying to END the off-topic tangent. Appreciate tho.

See, the funny thing here is that he never made a No True Scotsman fallacy. He said he personally doesn't believe those things you're saying all feminists believe, and he is a feminist, therefore not all feminists are like that. Never once did he even hint at something like "real feminists don't think that," which would have qualified as the named fallacy.

You however rebutted with "yes all feminists." You implied the No True Scotsman fallacy yourself by saying that all feminists do the thing that he said he doesn't do. That's the quintessential and classic form of delivering the No True Scotsman fallacy. Irony is fun!

Except feminism is not a monolith? I mean, I despise the majority of the third wave nonsense too, but come on. There are absolutely feminists who exist who break the mold and don't walk in lockstep with the nonsense (ever head of Christina Hoff Sommers?). The ridiculous ones try to excommunicate them, but feminism is not a membership club, it's a self-identification, so that ostracism doesn't mean they aren't feminists... unless you're trying to make yet another No True Scotsman argument here by saying the third wave types are the only real feminists? :|
Yes I do know of Hoff Sommers and am indeed a fan of her work but here's the issue you failed to mention: Her works are considered anti-feminist. You see my point now?

Even you yourself identify as a feminist, the moment you make an opinion that goes against feminist ideals, you're considered anti-feminist. According to most people, the third wave types ARE the real feminists. Who's to blame for that you may ask? Just take a wild guess.

My point is that don't even bother trying to identify yourself as a feminist if your opinions are different. It opens up a new can of worms such as being outcasted, doxxed, attacked, and so many other things.

Okay.

Third time asking. *Rolls up his sleeves*

Next person who mentions feminism on EITHER SIDE OF THIS ARGUMENT is getting slapped with an official warning. BACK TO BEYONCE AND CURRENT RELATED EVENTS.

Cookies.

Everyone go eat/bake some cookies! That'll cheer you all up.

If anyone needs me, I'll be off baking, because that is my anti-drug. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.