4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Agender
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
  5. Primarily Nonbinary
Genres
genre(s): general, fantasy (high or low, modern, urban, or whatever), slice of life, modern, supernatural, paranormal, comedy, romance, mystery, drama, adventure ; dark themes (to add more)

themes: angst/fluff ; slow/fast burn; romance ; platonic ; arrange marriage ; fake dating ; enemies to friends ; enemies to lovers ; college, family, friendship, hurt/comfort, bayside/beach/island, city/urdan, forest, mythology, mythological creatures, friends to lovers, found family ; (to add more)
@LolaDesiré
201976_a48404516d20456fa87de0e2d4f8392f.gif

"Always be careful with who you fall in love with." "Always careful not to get pain from the person." "Careful to not get too attached..." Those are the words that the young man, Ellix Renvoir, kept hearing from his friends. Whenever they get heartbroken and such, they'll come walk over to the teen to vent about the problem. Ellix, being a caring and kind being he is, will listen and will try to advise his friends. Ellix didn't really care much about romance. He likes to be alone at times... Well, he doesn't fancy alone too much.

Another day at work... Thought Ellix as he forced his tired body to get out of bed. The young man placed his feet on the cold, wood oak floor of his bedroom as his upper body sat up from the laying position he was in. The brunette glanced over at his digital clock that stood alone on the nightstand. His chocolate brown eyes moved over to his phone as one of his pale hands went to grab it to check for any messages from his friends and co-workers. As nothing new pop up, Ellix lazily stood up from his bed and walked over to his drawer to find his work clothes. A purple t-shirt with a small daisy on the left chest side pocket and a pair of black jeans.

After changing out of his black, long-sleeved t-shirt and gray sweatpants, Ellix took a quick, cold shower and, once finished and dried, changed into his work outfit. The dark haired teen checked the time on his phone before leaving the bathroom after finishing blowing drying his hair and combing it. Ellix headed down the stairs to the kitchen, where he saw a plate of small pancakes and a note from his parents. The brown eyed sighed before pouring milk into a glass.

Once he finished with his small breakfast, Ellix checked the time again and noticed he has fifteen minutes to get to work. He used three minutes to gathered up his things in a galaxy Jansport bookbag before taking off. It took about five minutes to get to the flower shop. Ellix sighed deeply as he walked inside the shop and went to the back of the place. He put on his apron that has a rabbit the of your fist with a daisy and lilies in his mouth. Ellix glanced around the store before going to the register to help the customers.​

Last edited:
xxxxxxxx

Today was to be Celino's first day working in the flower shop downtown. He was kept up almost all night by his rowdy roommates which consisted of two of his brothers, their girlfriends, and someone's baby mama? He wasn't quite sure whose baby mama it was, and quite frankly he didn't care to find out. On most nights he'd schedule himself around what his roommates were doing. If they were going out, he'd stay home in their three bedroom apartment and he'd have a peaceful night in. And if they were staying home, he'd go stay in a hotel. The issue with last night was that he thought his roommates would be out a lot later than they were, but they ended up coming back at 8pm and causing chaos. Therefore, Celino could only hope and pray that today would be a good day.

He sat up in his bed and got up, feet hitting the dirty clothing he had scattered around his bedroom floor. With the free time he often had, one would think he'd take the time to clean his room but he seemed to think that he had better things to do. The green eyed male made his way to his closet where he grabbed the store's uniform. The manager was nice enough to give him the lame little shirt in green, and he thought that he looked pretty good in it. So, he showered, fixed his hair, and got dressed. He didn't dare and try to talk to his brothers because all they'd do is make fun of him. They didn't see why Celino felt the need to have hobbies or jobs when they already had such a good set up.Then again, those boys were spoiled and probably would never understand the importance of staying sane.

Celino had a pretty nice car. It was red and a convertible, and that's really all he ever wanted from a car. But, since it was just down the road from his apartment complex, he felt no need to drive. Instead he took the walk there, humming softly with his hands in his pockets. His job wasn't going to be too hard. During the day he'd run the second register and replace any dead flowers in arrangements. Then after hours he'd help arrange the bouquets.

xxxxxxxx

Reactions: leafletts
flower_divider_by_sugaree33_art-d78lhjs.gif

The bell chimed above the black, framed, glass door, signaling a customer came through the door. Chocolate brown eyes glanced up as his body stood straight up and a smile placed on the gentle features of Ellix. "Good morning, ma'am! Welcome to Valentin's Love! How may I help you today?" He greeted, eyes closed as he smiled at the older lady. The older lady returned the smile and greeted the young man before speaking what she needs. "Oh, hello, dear one. I would live to arrange bouquets for my daughter's wedding, please." She stated, glancing over at the brown haired worker. Ellix nodded in understand before going around the front desk. "Alright, please follow me to the arrangement room, where our designer could discuss the things you want and need." Ellix respond, leading the woman to the said room.

An hour or two passed, customers came and went. Workers setting up orders and arrangements, as well as fixing and removing flowed from bouquets and whatnot. The co-manager sighed deeply as he went back to the register after finishing helping out a couple looked for a few flowers for their anniversary. Ellix felt his stomach growled in hungry, causing the young teen to frowned and whined quietly to him. "Just a few more hours and we'll go out and eat." He muttered to himself as he leaned his crossed arms on the glass surface of the display desk.

Another bell chimed throughout the whole store, the co-manager glanced up from the books filled with flowers and designs, moving over to see a new face with the shop's uniform. Ellix rose a brow before standing up straight again and smiled at the newcomer. "Hello, how may I help you?" He asked, tilting his head slightly to the side. Despite being frustrated of his anxiety, Ellix got used to talking to anyone in the flower shop only.​

Last edited:
0div12.gif

Hearing the chime of the bell above the door brought a smile to Celino's face as he looked up at it. At first he spent his time looking the store over. It was a cute little place, filled with colorful flowers and bouquets. It was a refreshing change of scenery compared to his dirty, lame, apartment. Here looked clean, it smelled nice, and it had plenty of room for him to be able to move around and work.

His green eyes turned onto the boy at the cash register and his mouth formed a smile. It wasn't often that he enjoyed his part time jobs too much, but while he looked at the soft appearance of the brown eyed boy, he thought that this one might be a little different. He shrugged his hands into his pockets as he walked up to the counter, leaning on it and grinning as he looked at the boy at the counter. "Well, I'm here to run the other cash register. I'm Celino." He said, "Since we'll be working in such close quarters, I think we should get acquainted, don't you?" He winked, holding out his hand to give the boy the chance to shake it.

In that moment, Celino was feeling confident. He didn't always get to see someone he was actually attracted to, and the feeling was refreshing. He was speaking confidently and smoothly while he looked the other over. This boy was strangely pretty. His brown eyes looked so deep, his hair looked so soft, and his skin was so pale that it brought a wonderful contrast to it all. Now, did Celino want to try to actually make this boy into his boyfriend? Maybe. Probably not, but dependent on how their interactions went today? Maybe.

A dumbfounded expression crossed the young man's face as the smile slowly turned into a confused one. It took him a moment to realize this was the newcomer that other manager was talking about. This is him? He looks tired... Thought Ellix as he smiled brightly at the new worker again before opening the small door to let him into the front desk. "Oh, okay, well welcome to Valentin's Love. I'm the co-manager of this place, my name is Ellix, please to meet you!" Upon hearing his words of greeting acquainted together, Ellix chuckled nervously at him. "W-what? I mean, I don't mind getting to you know, but we can get busy. Maybe we can hangout for lunch break." He respond quickly to other young male.

Wait, did he just winked at me?... "Now, c'mon, walk inside here." Ellix said as he gestured to the second register that was a few inches away from his. "Today, rush hour will start in hour or so, but since you're new, you can help out give away the bouquets that are already finished set up and just work the cash register, alright." Ellix said, smiling brightly with his eyes close. Usually when there's newcomers, Ellix will let someone else deal with them since he can barely handle pressure of not messing up. But this time seen different... Hm, who knows.

0div12.gif

Watching the way Ellix reacted drew the young man in and brought a smile to his face. He's actually, really cute isn't he? Celino thought. Ellix was strangely nervous for someone who seemed to have been working here for a while, but he was cute. As Celino entered the little door and made his way towards the other cash register, he smiled at how close the two of their work spaces were. This would make it easy to constantly flirt with his co-worker and watch the cute little reaction that would occur afterwards.

Standing at his register, he hummed and listened to the instructions, nodding along. "Alright, I got it. I already know how to use a register so don't worry about me." He hummed. The black haired boy glanced towards the door to make sure there were no customers in sight, but then he smiled once more and looked at Ellix. "So, pretty boy, do you mind if I ask you questions about yourself while no one's in here? You know, like why you wanted to work at a flower shop, things of that nature?" He asked curiously. It'd be a boring job if he couldn't talk while they weren't busy, and Celino tended to quit boring jobs. He had to hope that this place would be fun on its own, otherwise he'd have to constantly make sure that his schedule was the same as Ellix's. He imagined that working with anyone who wasn't a beautiful, seemingly nervous boy, wouldn't be any fun.​

When "pretty boy" left the new worker's lips, Ellix glanced over at him with a brown brow raised up in question. Did he just called him pretty boy? I mean, I'll take it as a compliment... He thought before humming in respond to the other male. "No... I won't mind...?" He replied, somehow slightly confused. He glanced around to see if no one was really there. Wow... There really is no one... Ellix thought as he went to listen to Celino and his offer. "Well... If it's to pass time, then go right ahead." He spoke out, shrugging his shoulders as he leaned his body weight in one foot.

Ellix blinked for a moment as he thought of a respond to his question. "I'll answer your fist question... Despite it being an example." He muttered before smiling at new cashier. "I wanted to work at a flower shop because I'm studying to be a floral designer and know well in the field of botany." He explained, shrugging slighly. "Besides, my parents also need money to pay for my school and whatnot." He added as a small, yet noticeably sad, smile appeared on his pale face. "Why did you choose to work here?" Ellix asked, his eyes brightening as he smiled normally again.​

Last edited:
0div12.gif

As he listened to his co-worker's words, Celino was surprised. He supposed that it made perfect sense to work at a flower shop if you were studying botany, or whatever he said. What was strange was that usually people worked at places like this for no reason, they just needed money or something to do. With a hum, he tapped his fingers on the counter. "Well, I'm just working here for fun, you know? So far I've worked at the bakery, the coffee shop, the pet shelter, the pizza place, and the grocery store, and those are just places that are on this street. But all those jobs were kind of boring, so I thought I'd give a flower shop a try." He said, staring at and examining Ellix.

Celino could only hope that Ellix wouldn't notice the way Celino was constantly staring at him. He was just so cute. The newcomer had been watching all of his co-workers reactions very carefully, he saw the way his brow raised, the small smile that graced his lips, and the way his eyes just suddenly brightened for seemingly no reason. "What's your personal life like? Friends, family, lover..." He trailed off.​

Both brows were raised as the young teen listened to the new worker, nodding his head in understanding before glancing at the surface of the counter. "I mean, jobs are something supposed to be boring.... You just need to make money even if it was boring." Ellix muttered, shrugging his shoulder before glancing back at dark haired male next to him. "But I hoped you have fun here at the shop." He stated, smiling over at him.

Upon hearing his next question, Ellix let his eyes glanced away from Celino, not noticing how much he was staring the young boy. "My personal life, huh... Well, there's not much to say about... Nothing interesting..." He muttered, chocolate eyes staring at the floor in interest. "I don't have many friends, to be honest... It can be hard for me to speak with other..." Ellix sighed softly before continuing. "My family... Well, my parents are always out of town for a business trip. I don't know nothing about my relatives since my parents never speak of them," Ellix glanced back at Celino to see if he was paying attention or something among that. "Lover... As for that, I have never had a lover before. My coworkers will always tell me not to go out or start dating. I'm not really interested in dating, though. I just don't seem to have the time or never have anyone have a crush on me... I mean, I doubt there's anyone who would love someone plain like me..." Ellix said, chuckling lightly before glancing out the door after hearing the bell chimed.​

Last edited:
0div12.gif

Listening intently to every word that came out of Ellix's mouth, Celino shrugged his hands into his pockets. It sounded like this boy must've constantly have a lot on his mind. And besides that, maybe some self esteem issues. He even thought that he was plain! Out of everyone he knew in all of his life, this was the most trusting person he knew. When you were in Celino's field of work, you didn't tell other people too many details about yourself because it could get you hurt in the end, but this boy in front of him just spilled so much information about himself that it was crazy. Yet, Celino found himself trying to remember every fact. Even if Ellix wasn't interested in dating, it really seemed like Ellix just had never been taken out to have a good time with someone. The black haired male planned to keep that in mind as their relationship developed.

When he heard the bell, his posture straightened and he tried to pay attention. He wanted to do a good job here and he planned on doing his best. Gently nudging Ellix with his elbow, he whispered to him. "Should I talk to them? Do I go help them out?"

An elderly couple walked in, making their way over to two, young workers. Ellix glanced over at the newcomer before speaking to him. "Just smile, greet them and ask if they need help. Simply." Smiled Ellix as he finished explaining to Celino what to do. Another bell rang, a young couple walking in and made their way to some flowers in vases. "Here, I'll attend the elderly couple, just watch." He said before opening the small door and walked over to the said couple.

"Hello! Welcome to Valentin's Love! I'm Ellix, how may I help you today?" Ellix greeted, smiling brightly at the couple with his eyes closed. The couple smiled in returned at the young manager. They explained their situation to him. "Oh? Non-fragment flowers? Ah! Yes, we do have those. Here, I'll direct you the way." He said, letting the couple followed him as he made his way to the non-fragment flowers section. He gave Celino thumbs him, motioning him to do his turn with the young couple.​

0div12.gif

Celino looked nervous. This job was strangely social and he didn't know how he felt about it. Still, he went towards the elderly couple and gave a fake but convincing smile. Even if he wasn't social and didn't like people, no one had ever been able to tell when he was faking and when he wasn't. So, he smiled, said hello, and asked them what they needed. The elderly couple seemed unsure about a lot of things, but Celino walked them around the store, showed them their options, and ended up showing them to the section of different colored petunias in small vases. Afterwards, he returned to his station until they came to check out.

He checked them out quickly with a fake smile, then he waved them off. It wasn't until he heard the bell chime, signaling their exit, that he relaxed again and shrugged his shoulders with a sigh. "That was exhausting..." He murmured to himself, looking towards Ellix to see if he was almost done.

The couple that the co-manager was assisting, walked back to the cash register with Ellix following behind and walked to the register, checking them out. After they paid for the roses, Ellix smiled brightly at the couple as he waved at them happily. Once the bell rang when they left, a tired sigh escaped from the young male's lips. Brown eyes traveled over to the other male before closing as a smile was present on his pale face. "So, how was it? Nerve wrecking?" He asked, opening his eyes as he tilted his head to the side. "Don't worry, lunch is around the corner.

Just forty minutes and we'll go out and eat. You can choose the place if you want." Ellix stated as he glanced back in front of him as the bell chimed again, a few more people coming in. Some waving at the friendly Ellix, knowing him whenever they came. They knew where to head so Ellix didn't have to help them out besides checking them out. "Say, you asked about my friends, family, and whatnot, but what about yours? How's your life?" He asked, smiling happily for no reason. Ellix is a bright, friendly guy. He likes to chat sometimes, or whenever he's bored.

0div12.gif

Celino smiled a little bit as Ellix came back and talked to him. He nodded along until he as asked about his family, then he shook his head with a sigh. "My dad kicked the bucket a few years back. I've been fine and all, but we have a really full house. Eleven siblings... I thought I'd get away from it all when I moved out, but two of them came with me and the others walk in and out of my apartment as they please...." He looked annoyed just talking about it, but he stood up straight and composed himself.

"They're family though, and I have a strong sense of family." He said. He was trying to share a little bit about himself, more than he usually would, just because of how welcoming and sharing Ellix had been. And because of how easy Ellix would be to take out if the time ever came. He just hoped that it wouldn't and hummed. "Maybe after our third date, you can come to my place and meet them?" He grinned playfully.

Ellix rose a brow at the other male's responds to his question about his family, raising both brows at how much siblings he has. Wow, no wonder he moved out... Must be difficult. Thought the brown haired boy as he listened to Celino speak more. "Hm? Oh, yeah, third date, maybe." Ellix smiled brightly after replied, but froze for a moment when his brain progress what they both said, the smile never leaving.

Wait... Third date. Third. Date. "Third date!?
W-what?" Ellix stated, blinking for a moment before turning to Celino with a dumbfounded. "W-what you mean t-third d-date? Is there even a first and second? Wait, what am I saying?" Ellix quiet it down when he spoke out the last words, confusion written all over his face. "Y-you're joking, r-right?" Muttered the brown eyed male as he glanced over at the other one, having to have a clue he might be with that playful grin.​

0div12.gif

Celino laughed at the other boy's mixed reaction. "Don't worry, I'm playing. Well, sort of playing." He teased before he went on to explain himself. "Our first date will be today at lunch, I'll get to know you, pay for your food... For our second date, I'll invite you out for coffee this weekend... And our third, I'll take you out to a nice dinner..." He whispered with a really big grin. Part of him was teasing to get a reaction out of Ellix, but at the same time? If the brown haired boy didn't show much opposition to the idea, then Celino would definitely go through with it. Ellix was certainly pretty, Celino would love to start a little casual relationship with him if he could.

"Of course, if you don't swing that way, we'll just call them 'friendly outings' until you fall in love with me." He said. Now that line, was a joke. He laughed after that one just to make sure that Ellix knew he wasn't that ignorant and or that confident in himself.

A bright, pink blush faintly appeared on the brown haired teen, both embarrassment and as he listened to the other male explaining himself and of the dates. "I-I..." Ellix trailed off, not very sure how to react now. He knew the other is teasing, but now he is not sure what to say. "Um, I-I... don't mind... I mean, it's not like I would c-care if you're playing..." He said, trying to appeared cool about it. "It's not like I don't swing that w-way." Ellix shrugged his shoulders, his eyes flickering to the clock above the entrance of the store. Part of him doesn't seem to mind to have those small dates with him, but the other part of him believes Celino is just messing around with him.

After a few minutes passsd by, a beeping sound soon filled up between the two workers. Ellix glanced down at his watch before clicking it off. "Oh, it's lunch time already. Well, let's out now. The other workers will take care of our spot until we come back." He said before heading to the employees' room to get his phone and wallet.​

0div12.gif

A grin spread out along Celino's face and he nodded. It was good to know that he at least had a chance, and if he played his cards right he was sure that he could have a lot of fun with his new coworker. That was the goal at least. The way this boy blushed, the nervous way he spoke, it was adorable. He could only imagine how Ellix would be acting if their relationship went on....

After he heard the beeping sound and listened to Ellix's words, he nodded and followed him to the room. He grabbed his coat and slid it on, then he smiled and took a hold of Ellix's hand. "So, do you have anywhere specific? No fast food, our first date should be cute. I'll pay for you, so name absolutely anywhere you can think of." He said with a smile, bringing Ellix's hand up so that he could press a peck to the surface of it. He usually had some cash on him, at least two hundred or so dollars, and besides that he had his card so he was ready to pay for any place Ellix could think of.

The blush from before coated the young worker's cheeks as soon as the newcomer took hold of his hand and placed a small kiss on it. Ellix felt the heat of his cheeks warming, becoming a stuttering mess. He had never had someone be quite affection towards him, so it was very strange for the brown haired. "O-oh, um, w-we, uh," He trailed off, his eyes avoiding Celino's dark ones. Ellix's mind was becoming blank at moment, trying to progress what was going on. "Um... T-there's this nice restaurant that my friends been talking about a couple of days ago. It's new in town, but it was able to become popular in a short amount of time... T-they told me the place serve, um, great meals, like, uh, y-y'know..." Ellix stopped talking for a few second, the blush growing a dark red as he felt quite embarrassed right now. "Um, yeah, we can head... there... Actually, nevermind, I just r-remember it is really expensive." He added quickly, eyes glancing down at their hands. "W-we can go somewhere else.... Y-you should pick." Ellix turned his head away, the crimson blush slowly calming down as Ellix let out heavy sigh.​

0div12.gif

Shaking his head, Celino was softly snickering at the way Ellix was acting. "Damn, you're real cute aren't ya?" He asked, squeezing the brown haired boy's hand as he raised his other hand to cup the boy's cheek. "I'll take you where ever you want, I've got enough money to treat you good." He whispered, tilting his head slightly with a calm smirk. If there was one thing he considered himself good at, it was flirting. He was the respectful type of man but he really did love to tease. Lightly, he pressed a kiss to Ellix's cheek before pulling away. "Now, why don't you lead the way to the restaurant and I'll pick up the bill?" He let go of the other's hand and slipped his own hands into his coat pockets. He didn't give Ellix any time to protest before he was leading his coworker out of the store, "It's kind of chilly out here by the way, do you want my jacket?" He offered. It was cliché, but in Celino's experience the jacket offer was a good way of showing someone that you're actually interested in them and their wellbeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.