Born to Kill

Alyss dropped to a low crouch and covered her head as she watched the creature snatch the crazed man and launch them into the air. She was braced for the inevitable impact but when the man caught himself and sent them both tumbling down into the subway a wicked grin crossed her face.

Alyss quickly stood and grabbed Constantine's hand, yanking him forward and tossing him in the direction of the stairs, hoping he'd get the hint. Without waiting to see how he was faring she bound down the stairs herself. This was all exhilarating to her and she could honestly say that she was having fun. She was down the stairs and jumping over the turnstiles, and smacking on the metal bars that blocked people from simply walking past. "HEY, FREAKY CREATURE! OVER HERE!" She had noticed the mad man leaning up against a wall and from what she could tell he was hurt. WEAK! HE'S WEAK! WHAT A COWARD USING HIS PAIN AS AN EXCUSE! NO MATTER I WILL KILL THIS BEAST WITH NO PROBLEM! I'LL WATCH HIS BODY ROT IN THE TUNNELS BELOW!

"OVER HERE YOU HORRID EXCUSE FOR A MONSTROSITY!" She cried out, the screams of the normal commuters erupting from behind her. A train must've just arrived.

The concrete stairs made the slide down into the subway awfully painful for Tacitus. He roared angrily during the entire thing, his voice going silent once Brent rolled off of him, because that's when their trip ended. The beast was panting beneath his mask, quickly trying to regain all consciousness. It would take a lot more than that to bring him down; he was just awed about how terribly his plan went!

Tacitus stood up from the ground, instantly noticing that his head was almost touching the ceiling of a tunnel. He then tensed as Alyss clanked against some metal, the echoing sound waves impairing his 'vision'. It was hard to tell who was where now, however Alyss really stood out because of her strongly voiced insults.

"I'll return for you," he said to Brent, lowering to all fours so he could pursue Alyss with more speed. Standing up straight on his hind ones was painful to his spine, no thanks to his crash onto the stairs. Losing that weapon was not on his agenda. How far could a broken legged giant get, anyway?

[bg=black]AJ was broken free of her deep thoughts when Alexander moved his face so close to hers. Their gazes were locked, emotions now clearer than they were before. Alexander's eyes were unlike anything she'd ever seen before, though. There was much to be said about them and she could tell that he went through a lot of struggle in his past. It made her want to become closer with him so she could learn the reasons why. He'd better give her that honour, anyway, knowing they'd be together everyday now.

"I won't let go," she promised, giving his hand a reassuring squeeze. "Lord knows this is the craziest day of my life and I'm fixin' ta get myself killed, but I got nothing to lose."

Smiling wryly, she rushed to the battle scene with Alexander, the distance not quite as far as she anticipated. They arrived at the stairs, all of which were damaged from when Tacitus smashed into them. AJ's jaw dropped as she looked the steps over, but didn't spend too much time marveling. There was somebody down there! A large man, carrying a big, heavy looking hammer. Her eyes were locked on that weapon while she and Alexander went down the stairs. 'Is that a person, too?' she wondered. There was another man nearby, who looked as lost and as scared looking as she was. She quickly nodded to Constantine, wondering what he was doing.

The roar of a beast and the voice of a woman were echoing in the tunnel. From afar, there was also the sound of a train. That was all putting her into a mini panic.

"Someone's about to get hit by a subway train... Aren't they?"
[/bg]

"They're friendly, Big B. It's Alexander, my brother," spoke Priscilla's voice into her wielder's mind. Then, her voice got sadder as she concerned for his injury: "Do you need me to change into human so I can help you get out of here?"

Unconcerned for the moment with his own pain, Brent stared after the monster that had so easily left him behind to go chase after the girl, even AFTER the slide down the stairs. He wondered if the girl would be okay, but in his present state he could not chase after them. Instead he turned his gaze towards the two newcomers, his gaze easily sliding past the bewildered looking fellow that seemed to have little clue of what exactly was going on. Seizing up the man in front of him, holding hands with the girl just as he had held hands with Priscilla, he softened a bit and winced because he had put weight on the injured leg.

"So you're Alexander?" He asked, sticking his free hand out for a handshake while using Priscilla to support his weight. "Priscilla has told me about you." He shifted his gaze to the girl next to Alexander and smiled. "And you must be the unsuspecting girl who picked him up!"

He very nearly grinned as he said this, but remembered the situation he was in and why they were here. "If you're looking for the monster...Tacitus, I think he's called... He ran further down the tunnel to chase some girl. I'm pretty sure she was planning to get him get hit by a train, like you've already seemed to have thought of."

Still leaning on Priscilla, his next words were for her ears only, and only spoken within his mind. "I think I'm going to need some help walking, but even more important, I think you want to greet your brother, don't you? I think it might be best if you went to your human form for now, yes...It's out of our hands now anyway."

To the people in front of him he broadened his smile, intimidating as it might be and shrugged. "I've never fought a monster before, but seeing the brute up close, I don't think I did so bad. You guys can go ahead if you want...I-...I'll follow later..."

Reactions: 1 person
"You fought... bravely," Alexander told the young man standing before him. 'Standing' was the operative word, however; his face was ashen white, sweat beading down the edges of his face as he held in check the pain. It was admirable. Alexander could remember men, soldiers and warriors from his past, that would break down and weep for their mothers with wounds not even half-as-bad as the one this young man had experienced. His leg was broken, for Christ's sake!

"Yes, I am Alexander," he continued, bowing his head slightly. "This is AJ. She found me. Or did I find her? One of the two, or both of them, if you see it that way. Well, you can't see it that way-- you can only be told." Alexander's tone was matter-of-fact, if a bit air-headed. He rambled, even in the course of this epic struggle with a mighty beast!

'This is your man?' Alexander asked his sister, Priscilla, with telekinesis. 'He is strong. Brave. I don't know if he is considered handsome, but his jaw is strong.'

"Do you need assistance? I will help you, if you need. Or I will help my sister fight the beast. AJ, do you want to fight? I can help you; learn you how combat works. But, you already know it... You just don't know."

[size=-2]
Constantine could ell that yelling insults at the creature was having some sort of a desired effect, it seemed to be throwing him off in some way. Whether it was the loud noise, which Constantine suspected was the case, or the insults. The insults seemed the less likely route but on the other hand, you never knew and Constantine did not have much experience fighting large and intimidating monsters. That in mind, Constantine didn't really know what he'd yell at the monster besides insults and the tactic seemed to be working thus far. He'd really like to test a theory though...

"Alyss" he panted, running closer to her to try to whisper at her. Constantine's voice came out gasping but he reached her all the same. "I'll keep yelling insults for you but could you... scream? Like a girl? Just, you know, shriek?" Constantine felt odd asking the very masculine and clearly more experienced woman to do something so feminine but if his theory was correct than the screaming would have the best effect. If he wasn't right, well, it's likely the screaming would be more irritating than the insults anyway.

Constantine made sure to keep close to a wall after his request, keeping still in the middle so that the beast would not follow him to a slightly safer position. He searched through his mind for an insult to yell, in keeping with his end of the deal, and hoped that for once, Alyss would listen to him.The others he had little concern for in this scenario, though he felt that he might need to care a little more, as reminded by the whispering presence in the back recesses of his mind.

"You fat, ugly, pockmarked minion of some pathetic being's demented and crude fetish fantasies!"
[/size]

She didn't have time to glare at Constantine. How rude of him! As if she'd actually scream like a woman, she was no coward! Besides, it seemed that the creature was following her well enough! As she backed against the wall she shot a deadly glance at Constantine to shut up, hoping he wouldn't continue distracting the creature now that it was going the way she wanted.

She turned, following the wall and still pounding on it, she still had another flight of stairs to get down before she could jump into the tracks after all. With a swift movement she turned on her heel and headed towards the uptown train's flight of stairs, away from the humans that were coming up the other stairs. "OVER HERE YOU FREAKISH CREATURE! ARE YOU SO UGLY THAT NOT EVEN THE GODS WANT YOU IN THEIR REALM?" She continued to cry, Tacitus giving a positive response by still chasing after her. It wasn't long before she was charging down the stairs still screaming at the creature. "WHAT'S THE MATTER? CAN'T EVEN CATCH ONE LITTLE GIRL?" She mocked.

The station platform was firmly under her feet and now she was stomping her way over towards the tracks. She took one look into the tunnel to check for the train to see faint white lights coming from just around the corner. If she was going to get him down here it was going to have to be fast. Luckily Tacitus seemed to enjoy lunging at his prey so she'd have to time it just right.

She stood at the edge of the platform and continued shouting until she heard the charging of Tacitus coming after her. Too late! She was going to be hit by the train all the same! She felt Tacitus' arm snatching her and both of them tumbling into the tracks just as the lights came around the bend and tons of metal came screeching at both of them. Alyss fell into the area between the tracks and she laid there, disappearing under the train while Tacitus was smashed into and thrust forward. All Alyss could hope for was that Tacitus was dead.

The hammer in Brent's hand began to glow, slowly transforming into the shape of a woman holding his hand. Once she was completely back to her human form, she stepped as close to him as she could, letting him lean on her as needed while her arm wrapped around him. Priscilla appeared fragile, but she could handle surprising amounts of weight.

"Good to see you, Alexander," she told him with a warm smile. "Alyss ran behind us. I'm worried about her." 'Yes. He is very brave. But he has no faith in Gods. A lot has changed,' Priscilla told him more privately, then looked back to her wielder.

"We should go outside. You have doctors, yes?" She looked to the stairway they tumbled down earlier, frowning crookedly at the damage. Seeing it with her human eyes, she got a good idea of just how painful the crash was. It made her glad that Brent wasn't the one to take that heavy fall.

An alarming noise echoed in the tunnel. Something she was not familiar with. However, she did get the idea it was something to avoid. "Alright. Small steps," she whispered to herself.

All the echoing of the voices and the clacking of something, the train, was over whelming Tacitus. There was no telling where Alyss was, or... Anything at all, for that matter. Moving farther down the tunnel was a trap, he realized. An imbecilic move on his part.

Just when he thought he had the girl in his hold, the worst happened... Not only was she freed from his embrace in all their tumbling; he was smacked by an enormous, screeching locomotive. Tacitus roared angrily the moment he was hit, the impact causing him to fly backwards. At a dangerously high speed, his bulky figure zoomed over the tracks, eventually crashing onto them. Debris flew in the air and the metal bars dented as result.

Tacitus' body was bleeding profusely, all four of his limbs twitching in an attempt to stand up. Alas, he was unsuccessful. Crimson liquid continued to spill, creating a large puddle on the ground beneath him. The mask of his face was dented, too, trails of blood spilling from behind it.

"Y-Y-You win th-this time," he managed to choke out. Right after those words, his body stopped moving and in a flash of light, he disappeared, leaving behind some black sparkles, the pool of blood still on the ground.

[bg=black]AJ rose her eyebrows at Alexander when he said she knew how to fight, but also didn't... Although the words were put confusingly, she somehow understood what he meant. The stranger in front of them worried her, though. A girl--who was a war hammer--was helping him, who she assumed to be related to Alexander. Seeing that there was more than one made it easier to believe what was going on.

"The train is coming. We should stay on the concrete," she suggested to everyone. That was for their own safety. Rushing down the tracks would be suicidal!

It seemed like right when she said that, the monster from earlier came flying towards them, but luckily, just fell on the train tracks. AJ screamed loudly, holding desperately onto Alexander as she hid behind him, trembling with fear. At the same time, Priscilla was helping Brent to move out of the way so they wouldn't risk being crushed. Still, she was peeking at the dying creature, trying to guess if they'd have to do anything. No participating violence was needed, though. Tacitus disappeared just a minute after his crash landing.

The front of the train looked gory with splattered blood and some pieces of the monster's fur. It didn't complete its reach to the stairs. Instead, it emergency braked because of the smash into something. No passengers exited yet; they were instructed not to because the driver knew something was hit.

"Good grief! Did that really just happen? Wait. Nevermind. We need to get you to the hospital," AJ said with some panic, reaching into her pocket for her cell phone. She paused mid-dialing. "No, wait. There are ambulances out there already. Your hammer-girl can get you there, right? Alexander, we should go look for your other sister."
[/bg]

[size=-2]
Constantine shook his head, frustrated in the stubborn behavior of Alyss and genuinely worried about her disappearing act with the train, which he had only barely witnessed and could not determine her location. The fool girl refused, positively was opposed, to screaming and testing his theories. It's not as if he was asking her to be terrified, he thought angrily. Constantine was not used to having his orders contested and it was all he could do to not throw a tantrum like a spoiled child over this incident. He was furious about this ordeal and her blatant, prideful refusal. Constantine's face turned into a sharp frown as, above, one of the other fool girls let out a shriek.

"You hear that, Alyss? How hard would it have been..." Constantine shook his head, realizing that she'd disappeared from view and probably couldn't hear him anyway. He wondered to himself how well the screamer listened to directions and how he could maybe trade her for Alyss... but as soon as the thought crossed his mind, something in him rejected it violently. Of course Alyss was the best choice of all the women here. None of these other women could even come close to matching Alyss's bravery and talent. A sense of fierce pride bubbled up in Constantine's chest with that thought, though he couldn't have said why. Certainly he had no right to feel proud because of her, it wasn't as though she were his.

Constantine caught, just over the scream, the lilting words of the newly defeated monster. This time... so he intends to be back, Constantine thought wryly. He'd have more trouble than this if he reared his ugly head again. He could perhaps prod the other woman into screaming to test his theory, even.

"Show's over, I guess. Hell, I don't want to be here for this place rebuilding. The construction is going to be such a pain in the ass. I'm getting plane tickets out of this dump..." Constantine looked for Alyss expectantly, though he wasn't sure if he actually thought that she would follow. He didn't know why he would think she would. Where did she even end up?
[/size]

"Yes," Alexander answered in an airy voice. He acknowledged AJ's words, but he was staring wistfully off down the tunnel of the undercity. 'What is it they call this? A.. A sub-under-way?'

"You can take care of your man, Priscilla. Our sister; she is that way." He looked down at the mess and gore that had spattered across the floor and looked back up, ignoring it as he guided AJ along with him.

They walked down the platform some distance before coming across a man there pacing and looking around and, though human, seemingly out of place there. He was obviously looking for someone and, even if Alexander hadn't felt the vague connection to his sister and himself emanating from this man, he would have guessed he was looking for Alyss. Or at least, wondering about the woman who had goaded the beast onto the tracks to begin with.

"Hello," he said, waving his free hand to the man. He was still holding onto AJ's other hand with his own in a fierce grip. It wasn't tight, but unless she ordered him to, he had no intention of letting her hand go. He hardly knew the reason why himself. Simply, he just did not want to be apart from her.

"Alyss, she... is alright."

'Alyss? Where are you? I do not see you from here. Your man is also worrying for you.'

"Let us find her together."

Alyss groaned as she came back to her senses. She was face first in a puddle of...something indescribable, like a combination of mud, water, trash and other...things in the water. The train, she could tell was still above her but luckily there was a gap just ahead of her between the wheels. She crawled forward, gagging a couple of times as she did, to her freedom.

Squirming out between the wheels on the track was time consuming and by the time she managed to pull herself onto the platform the front of her outfit was entirely caked with the grime from between the tracks. She was just relieved that there wasn't a rat climbing on her. "HOW DISGUSTING!" She shouted rubbing as much off the front as she could before noticing the people in the train staring at her, and Constantine's eyes also on her. "Well? Come on! I need a shower!" She stomped her foot at Constantine before turning and climbing back up the stairs to where the others were.

Her first course of action was fairly simple, find that giant of a man and give him a piece of her mind. When she finally found him she stormed right up to him, ignoring all others around and jabbed her finger at his chest. She of course had to get on her tiptoes to do this. "WHAT DID YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING? DID YOU NOT SEE I HAD THINGS WELL UNDER CONTROL?! IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOUR RELATION TO MY FAMILY I WOULD TEAR YOUR HEAD OFF AND FEED IT TO THE COCKROACHES!" She began shouting, her eyes wild, "But if it weren't for you, I might not have been able to defeat the beast. Thank you." She leaned in and gave him a light hug before stepping back. "AND IF YOU EVER DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT IN THE FUTURE MAKE SURE YOU DON'T GET IN MY WAY!" She shouted. Truly Alyss was a mystery and a half to be figured out.

As she stormed up the stairs, hoping Constantine was following her she returned to her other concerns. "I NEED A SHOWER!"

[size=-2]
Constantine's nostrils flared in response to Alyss's demands. He would not take being ordered around by this girl, especially not after her dimwitted attempts at getting him killed. Instead, the stubborn streak in him made him balk at her and he glowered instead of the offer he had planned to extend to her, that of coming with him. No way, now. He would not let some puny little girl think that she had him whipped into doing what she commanded.

"I'm sure that your house has a shower in it - unless you're not fortunate enough to have a home?" Constantine regretted his words as soon as he said them but the contrary side of him could have done no less. "On second thought, perhaps I could use you as my bodyguard. You seem to do well at throwing your life at threats. Come with me. There's about a dozen showers in there, I'm sure I could let you use one."

Moving towards the stairs, Constantine shot a look back at the man who had tried to reassure him about Alyss. Constantine furrowed his brow and nodded once to him. "You were right. Thanks."

"Besides, Alyss, I needed a new bodyguard for my flight to Italy. Something discreet that people would not expect. A little blond chick is the perfect guise for a bodyguard."
[/size]

Brent simply nodded at Alexander and opened his mouth to speak as Priscilla slowly began guiding him away from the tracks. Just as they cleared the area, the giant monster came flying down the tunnel, the effects of a direct hit by a train showing heavily on the grotesque body of Tacitus. Brent looked over and was surprised to find that despite being hit by a train, the monster was still alive. He was just close enough to hear the words the monster growled at them, and raised his eyebrows when the creature disappeared right in front of his eyes.

It wasn't the weirdest thing he had seen today though. Today seemed to be a weird day overall, and he'd be glad to finally get enough rest to make sense of it all. He was just about to ask Priscilla to help him up the stairs when the girl from earlier (Alyss, Priscilla had called her.) came up to prod him in his chest, which would have made him lose his balance if not for the hammer girl at his side. The rage she was in was unexpected, but the light hug in between took him completely by surprise. Despite her rant, he smiled and as she ran up the stairs he started chuckling.

"So that's your sister, right? Charming personality." he said to Priscilla and winced as he put slightly too much weight on his broken leg. Then in a low whisper, he confided in her. "I don't think I can remain standing much longer... Could you help me up the stairs, please?"

Priscilla was smirking the entire time Alyss shouted at Brent. Nothing less was expected. Luckily, Brent didn't seem negatively effected by her little rant. Quite a few people got intimidated by her in the past. Some didn't even seem courageous enough to wield her! Constantine seemed plenty capable, however Priscilla had yet to judge whether or not she liked the man.

"Wait up, Alyss. We need to speak about our...situation!" she called after her sister, making a stressful sigh as she watched her and her wielder jog up the stairs.

Brent was a bigger concern, though. If Alyss left to do whatever it was she wanted to do, they could always meet again. Unless they were long gone in Italy already... That mentioning from Constantine made her a little bit alarmed. 'That could be dangerous...'

"Lean on me as much as you need. We'll get there in no time," she assured Brent, already guiding him up the stairs. They took their time; there was no sense in rushing the poor man. One step at a time, getting closer and closer... Priscilla was absolutely focused on getting him to safety, where a medic could help him out.

When only a few steps remained, she said to him, "You were very brave and you're very nice. I can tell we'll be good friends." With that said, she made a small smile and heaved out a sigh once they made their way out of the subway. The city was a mess... Trees knocked over, establishments ruined, roads torn up. There were some ambulances ahead of them, though.

"That is a medical vehicle, right? I can remember people talking about them when I was buried in the dirt. Has a high pitched siren that hurts my ears," Priscilla said thoughtfully, already leading him towards the nearest one.

[bg=black]Puzzled, AJ watched a woman and a man pass by, the man nodding to them and thanking Alexander for his reassurance about Alyss. That left them alone in the tunnel, which she had no desire to stay in. They were too late to be helpful, so she already felt a bit of shame. She felt like a failure; a let down. Then again, she didn't know what she was supposed to do in the first place. Not until a few moments ago!

"Let's go, Alexander. I'm sorry I dragged you here," she said while giving his hand a squeeze. A quick glance was made to the satchel he wore, where many of her Hello Kitty dolls were stored. The one dressed like Red Riding Hood was still tucked under her arm, too. How embarrassing.

A meek smile touched her lips then, as she thought about some friendly conversation during their walk back to the stairs, then out of the subway. "You look good in my Dad's Pink Floyd tee. Don't suppose you even know who that is?" she curiously inquired, very interested in knowing just how old this man was. Although he didn't look too ancient, she had a feeling the number of years on him were huge.

The moment they reached the steps, she saw his sister and that giant of a man already back outside. It was amazing to see they didn't need their help in getting him back to the streets. "I wonder what we do now," she mused, tugging him along with her to exit the subway.
[/bg]

Alexander nodded towards the man's thanks, and watched them disappear up the tunnel stairs. Alyss had given the big man--what was his name?--a thorough tongue lashing. It was a legendary thing of hers, more-so than her famed history as a weapon and murderer of men.

"She has not changed," he said with a soft smile, that strange lilting of accenting coming through his words even stronger than it had been before. It wasn't quite English, or German, and definitely not French. It was very much so an accent of a man who learned English from an Englishman, however.

As he and AJ began to follow his sister Alyss and her man towards the stairs, AJ's words broke the silence. "Pink Floyd?" he asked, a strange sort of recognition clouding the features of his face. "I remember a man named Floyd. He was called Floyd the Pink, because of his fondness of women. I always thought it was strange... Hm, Floyd the Pink. Do you know what they mean by that, pink? Why would his fondness of women be referenced that way? It eludes me."

Together, they followed up the steps after the previous two duos and AJ softly mused aloud, "I wonder what we do now." It was a question and a statement all at once. There was a degree of solemnity there, he could tell, and Alexander suddenly felt saddened by that. He wanted to reassure her somehow, but he was uncertain how.

'Priss? Alyss?' Alexander's voice echoed in his mind and through the telepathic link they all shared. There wasn't a way they couldn't hear it, he was certain, though he wondered if they'd remember how to communicate back. Alexander had been stuck in his mind for so many centuries... This mind-communication was easily his greatest talent, if it could be called a talent at all.

'That thing, it came for us. I know it, and you know it,'
he said, speaking to them through his mind.
We must not separate, not now, not when we have found one another through destiny's chance. Alyss, Priss, tend to your men, but we must meet again. And stay together!'

"Things will work out," he told AJ, turning his head to smile at her. He looked underneath his arm, and into his satchel and found one of her little cat-dolls. It was strange-looking; black and white, with odd dark circles around the eyes. It was oddly... cute. Was that the right word?

He handed it to her, hoping to yield a smile. "This creature, it looks like a... cat, and a bear, mixed together."

Alyss had already stomped her way around some of the wreckage of the street above, not paying any mind to the injured people nor the damage that the creature had caused to the city. She was completely occupied with the fact that she was disgusting and the fact that Constantine was trying to recruit her into being a bodyguard or something of the sort. Wasn't that backward? Wasn't she his weapon? She thought that it was his duty to protect her.

"As long as I am kept happy I will do anything it is you wish, human." She was starting to get used to the idea of being not a human, in fact she was reveling in the fact that she could look down on the humans as mortals and being weaker than she. A thought crossed her mind however, Can I die? What happens if I were to have been defeated in the form I stand in now? She was worried for her own safety and even a twinge of worry for if she were to die that Constantine would be without her help, after all he was clearly inept.

She paused for a moment when she heard a voice in her head, that of her brother but she could only hear fragments of his speech, but understood that he wished for them to stay together, a wish that Alyss didn't have much arguement for. She could use the backup if another creature decided to rear it's ugly head. Very well. I agree. She pushed that thought outward, not knowing if it would reach the others, never even having mastered that skill back before she had her injury and forgot things.

"Come human, you must lead the way, I don't know where we are going!" Alyss shouted at Constantine, realizing she hadn't even gotten to know his name yet...

[size=-2]
Constantine closed his eyes to rub his temples for a moment while Alyss led the way. He intensified the little circles he was rubbing with his fingers when she began yelling once again. He hardly listened to her, instead biting his thumb in exasperation. She really was yelling again... and at him, which was even more bothersome than her yelling in general.

"Do you even have an 'inside voice', girl?" he sighed, catching up to her with fair ease using the length of his stride to his advantage over her shorter stature. Before she could reply in outrage, Constantine spoke once again, hoping to cut off any more yelling that she might be considering emitting. "Would you at least quit yelling at me if I dragged one of those other fools along? Which of them do you enjoy yelling at most? They can come with us too." He was not in a pleasant mood and despite the fact that all of them seemed to have proven useful, he was not being particularly charitable. He hoped that she wasn't fond of shouting at the girl who seemed to have some sort of girl's doll protruding from underneath her arm.

Constantine was not thrilled with the idea of walking back to his home but he could only hope that the chauffeur had taken his absence as a sign to get the hell out of the range of the beast. The place that he lived was not terribly far from here, though Constantine was not certain that he especially wanted his strange new bodyguard to see where he slept when he wasn't sure if she'd go crazy and try to kill him or not. Constantine reached out a hand to try to pause her and the instant he did so, he felt the same crowding he'd felt earlier.

This time, it was marginally less cloudy and painful. It felt like someone was talking to him, but from very far away and through some sort of cloth. There was a sort of buzzing associated with this and it was addicting at the same time as being annoying. He wanted the voice to come closer and become clearer so he could understand what it was saying!
[/size]

As they walked towards the nearest ambulance Brent managed to smile despite the pain in his leg, which had increased during the climb up the stairs because despite Priscilla's best efforts, he had had to use it for balance occasionally. "Yes that's a medical vehicle. It has a siren so it can announce it's presence on the roads so that people can get out of the way, which speeds up travel towards people who need medical aid." His offhand remark was in a casual tone of voice, but there was a strain inside it that hinted at the pain he was in.

When they arrived at the red and white vehicle, Brent quickly explained that he had broken his leg and probably would not be able to make it to the hospital on his own. He also asked if his friend (Priscilla) could come along with them, which was allowed with a minimum of fuss. It wasn't long before the ambulance started moving towards the hospital along with several others carrying wounded from the monster incident they had just survived.

Hopefully, Brent's leg would be put in a cast, he himself given a wheelchair, and he'd be out of that sterile place within a few hours. He could tell that Priscilla was worried about something. With his unskilled mind, mindful of the ambulance personal in the car with them, he mentally prodded his 'weapon'. "What's on your mind?" He thought to her. "Still worried about this monster?"

'You're right, Alexander. Stay in our thoughts. We can't stay separated for much longer.'

Sitting in the ambulance was an all new experience for Priscilla. For a moment, she silently stared at the many tools on the vehicle's inner walls while wondering what they were all for. The attire of the doctors interested her, too. Entirely white outfits with name tags on the shirts and communication devices on their belts.

The analysis was interrupted by Brent's questions in her mind. He noticed her being troubled. That came to no surprise, considering how connected they were. Sometimes, she forgot how bonded her thoughts and feelings were with her wielders. Nothing could be kept secret!

'Well, yes. More than the monster, though. I fear we will see worse things in the future,' she answered him. Even though she was smiling, her inner person was highly concerned. 'I'm no stranger to fighting wars, but this... It's different.'

As the ambulance began to slow down, her expression turned serious. When staring into Priscilla's inky black eyes, people often got intimidated. For this time, she meant for that to happen. A glance of warning, if anything. Should something go wrong in Brent's healing procedures, she would seek a way to punish them! Already, she was highly protective of her human. He had an important role in the world now; she wasn't going to let him perish.

[bg=black]Alexander's efforts to make her smile did not go to waste. The moment he held up one of the dolls to her, she showed a bashful grin and nodded to him.

"That is Hello Kitty. She's the cat with many wardrobes," she explained with a sigh, reaching up with her free hand to pet along the one he was holding. Briefly, she looked at her nails, all of which had the face of the cat on them. Sometimes, she didn't realize just how childish she was. "Mhm. My guilty pleasure. This one's dressed as a panda bear, see? Hello Kitty is the only hobby I have aside from art."

Not far from them, Alyss and Constantine were bickering at each other. The woman seemed to yell a lot and the man would just snap back at her. AJ wondered if they would ever get along. They would have to, wouldn't they? Seeing how they were partners like she was with Alexander and Alexander's other sister was with that giant of a man.

"Did you want to follow her?" she asked him, referring to Alyss. It seemed best that they all stay together in case another incident with a monster happened. "Or we could see that other dude and his hammer-girl in the hospital? I dunno. The road to my apartment is blocked off right now, so we should go somewhere."
[/bg]

Slightly more than an hour later, Brent came limping from the hospital elevator, with crutches firmly stuck into both his armpits. He waved at Priscilla when he saw her and nearly dropped his crutch, but he quickly managed to recover his hold on it and started to limp towards his new friend. "Well, that went a lot quicker than I could have hoped for." He chuckled when he arrived. "Doctor says to keep my foot of the ground and let it have plenty of rest." He grinned, but his grin faded a bit after he thought of something. "I hope our next exciting adventure will take a while to appear, I can't do a whole lot of fighting with just one leg." He sent out with his thoughts, he figured he was becoming better at it by the minute.

Brent felt his stomach rumble. He had skipped lunch and it was almost time for dinner. Because all of the commotion he hadn't had a chance to eat properly. The giant man looked around the main hall of the modern hospital and found exactly what he was looking for: a small hospital cafeteria that also served pie and several other snacks. He could use the downtime after all that had happened, and he was pretty sure that Priscilla didn't have anywhere else to go in the meantime. The least he could do was offer her that cup of coffee that he hadn't been able to give her earlier.

"Say, Priscilla." He began, hesitantly. "I seem to remember offering you a cup of coffee earlier..." Brent stopped and began to blush when he realized what he was about to ask was roughly the same you would ask someone you wanted to ask out on a date. He then shook his head and sternly remembered himself that plenty of business transactions happened the same way. "Anyway... How about we go over to that cafeteria over there and drink a cup of coffee together, and perhaps get something to eat as well? I must admit that I'm starving." He pointed over to the cafeteria and looked her in the eye when he asked, the color mostly having disappeared from his face... Until his stomach began to growl again.

"INSIDE VOICE!? HAH! HARDLY! You foolish humans worry about the strangest things! THIS IS MY VOICE! GET. USED. TO. IT." She shouted as she was startled by Constantine catching up and walking alongside her. "I need all of them, they are my siblings as well as my siblings' wielders. Where they go I must go with them and by extension, you must go. Those are the rules of becoming a wielder." She stated blankly, letting her gaze drift along the street, back towards the museum that they had been around earlier.

However Constantine had some strange notion to grab her and suddenly she was flooded with more visions from her past, this time her siblings and their wielders were also in it. From what she could see it looked like they were in Rome from a long time ago, or was it Venice? She couldn't tell but she somehow knew that it was in Italy. The vision faded as quickly as it had come and Alyss was just left staring at Constantine. "I...I think we should just go to your home, wherever that may be."