Born to Kill

The look on Priscilla's face was plain as he explained to her the status of religion and miracles. At some points, she had no idea what he was talking about. During others, she simply didn't believe him and wondered why he lacked faith in Gods. She knew they still existed! If her creators somehow ceased to exist, she'd die along with them or probably be turned a mortal to live amongst these humans and pass away. While that was a grim thought, she at times wished for it. The life of a weapon grew depressing for her, as well as her siblings. 'Where are Alexander and Alyss, anyway?' she wondered. They were in this city with her; she could feel it. Sooner or later, she'd bump into them.

"We were locked away because mankind abused our powers, only pursuing their selfish needs and desires. We were born to protect the world from evil, not slay the innocent or be used as tools of vengeance. So, to punish the human race, we were sealed away. I heard of empires collapsing because we weren't there to do our part. Either the Gods have new found faith in humans or someone unlocked us by mistake," she answered him with a calm demeanor, her hands joining together in front of her.

"I promise that I mean you no harm, Brent," she assured him, able to sense his uncertainty. Quite a load was dumped onto him, so she held her tongue on anymore information, unless he requested it. Instead, she felt that she should be friendly. Priscilla really wanted him to like her.

"The architecture of your home is fascinating. What do you use to build them?"

[bg=black]Right after she screwed the lid of the fish food back on, she turned in the direction of Alexander's voice. AJ could have sworn his voice was more... Clear, with more volume to it. When she spotted him sitting there on her table, she let out a shriek and dropped the canister of flakes, her face blushing with deep, deep red.

Sitting there amongst her artwork was a man looking five to ten years older than her. Without any clothes on... Just a moment ago, he was a shiny spear with a green ribbon tied onto it! What in the world was going on? 'Holy shit, some warning would have been nice!'

Finding herself staring at him, she bit at her bottom lip, scraping off a slight of her cherry red lipstick. She spun with her back to him, hoping to not seem rude. He didn't look to be bothered at all, but she wanted to be sure. "Okay, so I don't have silly voices in my head, I guess and my objects really aren't coming to life," she said aloud, obviously flustered.

Lost in her own disbelief, she had left the living room to go in her bedroom again, pawing through her closet in search of some clothes that belonged to her father. They were kept around along with some of her mom's clothes, for when they'd visit. Kept traveling lighter. "Geez, I didn't think that the first time I have a real house guest, it would be a handsome muscle man with no clothes on," she muttered to herself.

With a pair of jeans and a shirt in her arms, she walked back to where he was, shyly looking at the floor. Hopefully, he'd know what to do with them. It wasn't that she minded him bare; he was a stranger, though! Plus, the closed mindedness of society wouldn't let him waltz out her door unclothed. "I'm sorry, but... What's going on?" she finally asked.
[/bg]

Meanwhile...

A cage door lifted from the cold ground, the bars of it splattered with dried blood and rust. The slumber of of a beast named Tacitus was interrupted so he may fetch the forbidden weapons of Rome. He crankily stomped out of the dark, depressing cell room, kneeling before the the man who unlocked the door.

"Retrieve what belongs to me and I shall reward you. My reign of terror cannot succeed if those three are down there! I swear, my sister must have seen this coming."

The monster nodded in response, growling softly as he straightened himself to his feet. If it weren't for the mask, he would have been grinning wickedly. The fur layering his impressive muscles shook as he flexed, waking his body from the years he spent only sleeping.

"Now go! Go, my pet," hissed the mysterious figure, standing aside to reveal a portal forming behind him. Tacitus nodded in response, then made his way to the swirl of colour.

That exact image of the portal began to twirl in the autumn sky of Brooklyn.

Alyss grinned wickedly as Constantine snatched her wrist. His words would've hurt the strongest of women but Alyss continued on unphased. She reveled in the danger of the situation, feeding off the tension and feeling exhilarated as she watched him start crumpling. Alyss assumed that he was actually backing down, aware that she wasn't going anywhere.

"You're disgusting. Clearly you prefer the companionship of men because no woman would even CONSIDER coming near a pompous prick like you. And when would I have drugged you? I've never seen you before in my life until you decided to try and bowl me over in the street and then again when you tried to trip me right here!" She huffed, yanking her wrist free from his loosened grip and placing her own hands around his neck as he rested, squeezing just enough to make a point. "If you think you can dare challenge me you are sorely mistaken. Next time you try to come at me I will strangle you so hard that your eyes will pop out of your head. GOT IT!?" She cried out in a shrill tone, her eyes wild and crazy.

If it wasn't evident before it was now, she was insane. What she had failed to notice as she tried to strangle him was the skin on her legs turning black and gaining the designs of a corded rope. The minute she released though, she had faded back to normal. With a slightly unhinged giggle Alyss turned on her heel and headed back away from Constantine.

[size=-2]
Constantine inhaled deeply, surprised at how strong the woman was but also taken off guard by the cacophony of buzzing and voices. Constantine couldn't even focus on what was going on as Alyss turned to leave and instead he stumbled after her, blindly grasping for her. He desperately wanted to throw a punch at the woman but the shred of decency that dwelled in him refused to hit a woman, even this psychotic she-bat. With his long legs, Constantine managed to catch up with Alyss and his flailing hand caught her wrist.

"What the hell are you?" he hissed angrily, the pain in his head subsiding slightly as she seemed to return to normal. He didn't know what was going on, but he hadn't felt like this before meeting the girl. She had to be causing it, though he didn't have any idea how. Constantine wanted it to stop and he wanted her to quit whatever she was doing. He didn't even know why the crazy wench seemed to have it in for him.
[/size]

The question took Brent completely by surprise. It was such a different topic from what they had been discussing that it took him a few moments to formulate an answer. "Well, it depends on the structure in question. But we tend to use concrete and steel. I'm aware that you might not know what those are, but I think it's best if you found out about them in the public library. That way you have all the information you'd want at your disposal, especially if you use something we call the internet."

He fiddled with his keys some more, before finally putting them in the lock of his front door. "Who are these 'We' you are talking about anyway. Do you mean there are more like you? and they were unlocked as well?" The big man opened the door and turned around to face her. "Welcome to my humble abode." He said and smiled friendly for the first time. In the meantime, his thoughts were racing on inside his skull.

If there were more people or weapons like her, and if they were freed as well, that must mean there were more people like him as well. Brent wondered what the other people would do with their weapons. Would they use them like so many others had before them, for personal gain and twisted ideals? Or would they use them in the fight against evil, whatever that evil was? Brent was unsure if he would even use the weapon at all. She was nice enough company, but fighting had never done him any good, let alone if he were using such a destructive weapon as a war-hammer.

With a sigh he stood aside to let Priscilla pass and gave the sky outside a bored look. The boredom quickly turned into a look of interest and he leaned outside to get a better view of the twirling image in the sky.

"Eh...Priscilla..." The giant said while pointing at portal in the sky. "Would that have anything to do with your re-appearance?"

Alexander stood slowly when AJ rushed out of the room, her cheeks flushing a bright shade of crimson. He had quirked his head at that, tilting it to the side a bit as he let his eyes ask the question he had intended on asking her; instead, he became distracted by the tank of fish she had just been feeding.

He took careful steps as he strode across the room those few steps. Gaining his balance once again came swiftly; he was a spear, after all! Spears are lithe, and graceful, with a powerful stride and stroke. He wouldn't be bested by a simple task such as walking. With those thoughts, he became distracted away from the fish, having paid them scant seconds of attention before he looked down at his own two feet with a sense of elation and pride.

Taking several steps, keeping his head at his feet, he nearly stumbled into AJ when she gave him the clothes. He looked at them quizzically, back and forth between them and AJ, when he noticed she was wearing the cloth similarly.

"I... Use this to cover," he mused aloud, making a statement more than a question. He nodded slowly before he put the pants on--backwards at first, and he even tried to zip them up from behind before he fixed them (with AJ's reluctant help, of course). He put the shirt on last; it was a black t-shirt with a faded, multi-coloured print on the front. There was a triangle, a prism of some sort, with a beam of light hitting it from behind with a spray of a rainbow coming out from the front. He thought the letters formed 'Pink Food,' but he could have been mistaken.

"I believe you're my, um, what's the word? Soul mate. Yes, I think that works." He spoke the words airily, with a tinge of matter-of-factness hinted. He took more steps then, looking out her window to the sky above. Something had drawn him to look outside, and his face twisted when he saw what had drawn him.

It looked as if he had eaten a sour apple!

"Mhm! I have a sister and a brother," Priscilla answered, when he inquired about the 'we'. When he welcomed her into his home, she stood in the doorway just to take in the scenery. Her inky eyes were wide with amazement as she looked from furniture piece to furniture piece, familiar with the shape but not the materials. The apartment might not have been exciting to him, but she was more than entertained. Then again, the entire city itself would be quite an adventure for her and the others.

A disturbance then put her senses on alarm, her body turning to Brent's direction. The moment she arrived at his side, he asked if the portal in the sky had anything to do with her presence. Priscilla's childish expression turned into a mask of seriousness, her eyes fixed on the colourful image.

"I see. It was only a matter of time..." she said quietly, idly twisting some hair around an index finger. "I recognize this power, Brent. Something is being sent to fight us, and maybe take me away. One way or another, your people are in danger."

She didn't take her gaze off of the sky for a minute, but there was evident sadness creeping onto the stoic look she was struggling to keep. Having just met Brent, she wondered if he would gladly hand her over and go on with his life. He had no attachment to her, nor realized his important role in the world now. Returning to the darkness of that cramped box was not what she wanted at all. What he wished was her command, though.

"We should act now. You can wield my power for yourself and see my family with your own eyes," she told him, knowing he wanted proof to make better sense of things. Priscilla then held his hand with her own, noticing how puny her fingers looked compared to his! Brent was most certainly a suitable wielder for the amount of weight her weapon form had.

[bg=black]With her tattooed arms crossed over her chest, AJ watched Alexander with a puzzled gaze. At the same time, she noted how well her father's old clothes fit him. With a curious tilt of her head, she asked, "Soul... Mate?"

As far as she knew, a soul mate was somebody you were meant to spend your life with. Someone you had a deep, emotional connection with, too. Were they supposed to appear out of nowhere, though? Absolutely not! Being a fan of Carmen Sandiego as a child, she had a red fedora hiding somewhere in her apartment. 'Shit always goes down when I put on that hat and get to solvin' mysteries,' she thought with an inward smirk. There was no time for her childish detective games, sadly. This situation was real.

AJ appeared behind the man so she could peek over his shoulder at what had his attention. Her eyes widened at the swirl in the sky, the manicured nails of her left hand scratching at the top of her head. All of this seemed so unbelievable...

"Um. What's that thingy you're makin' faces at?" she asked Alexander, stifling a giggle. There was something amusing about the many expressions that came with a person. "Seriously, though. That's one of the weirdest clouds I've ever seen! ...if that's a cloud."

Then, her eyes went to one of his arms, where she saw markings similar to the design on the spear she brought home. Why didn't she notice those earlier, when he was nude? That question was quickly dismissed, though. She had a finger tracing along the marks, her cherry red lips curling into a grin. 'Gorgeous.'

Snapping out of the sidetracked moment, she looked back at her window, the pierced section of her lower lip disappearing into her mouth. "Was Manny right when he said you were haunted? Did I just unleash doom onto my planet?" she asked him, remembering movies with similar plots. Awakening a power that was a consequence to mankind...
[/bg]

The head of Tacitus appeared from the mouth of the portal, the observers of Brooklyn instantly letting out a scream and scattering the city. With a deep chuckle, he fell from the swirl of colour, which faded to nothing once his tail was freed from it. Tacitus' feet crashed onto a patch of grass where there was a playground, many trees and gardens of flowers. The beast stood nearly eight feet tall with a terrifying bulk with blades attached to his arms that could effortlessly behead someone.

The closest weapon to him, he recognized to be the chain whip named Alyss. He was hoping the three of them would be in the exact same spot so this intrusion could be kept short. Having rocks thrown at him from distant, gutsy people wasn't pleasant, nor was all the cowardly yelling, the sirens, or the temperature of this place.

Tacitus growled softly and moved to leave the public park, ignoring everybody and everything the best he could. Enormous footprints were left from his landing, where there was torn up Earth and flattened plants. Since there was penalty for killing the innocent, he only would shove the humans aside, or knock them out of his way with his tail.

The monster's path was blocked by approaching police cars, causing him to stop for a moment. While the police men called for backup, namely vehicles with heavy firearms, he made an irritated grunt. Time was wasting; he had a mission! Furiously, he smashed his fists against the ground, causing it to shake beneath the cars. A few of the policemen lost balance and fell. A hand then swiped at the cars to force them out of his way, the drivers diving out of the way so they could avoid being stricken by those claws or blades. Heavy damage was given to not only the cars, but the signs and benches they smashed into.

"Fight me!" boomed his voice. He knew the weapon and her wielder weren't far.

There were about a million and a half ways to kill this man running through her mind but when he grabbed her again in his weakened state a flash of memory interrupted her thoughts...roman soldiers and then being tossed in a box with her siblings. Of course that was perfect nonsense, she was an only child from a mid-class family over on Manhattan. When she regained composure she could sense something, something ominous and dark...

"We need to run...I don't know why but we just do, please, come with me..." Alyss spun on her heel and grasped at Constantine's hands, tugging him in a pleading fashion as the large creature's voice boomed from somewhere nearby. She didn't know what all of it meant but she knew that she wouldn't be safe with that creature charging about, Constantine would be even less so. "I know I don't even know your name but we need to get to the subway, away from this park and whatever all that screaming is about...we can flee! I don't know why I know all this but I have a very very bad feeling that the creature is looking for us..." She frowned and tugged at his sleeves some more and pulled him as she started to run.

As she began to run though he legs were suddenly bound together and transforming into one thin chained thing with a heavy weight where he feet were...she tried to scream as the transformation took her and slowly she faded from a human form until all that was left of her was a chain whip in Constantine's hand with her scarf tied around the handle firmly.

Alexander's sourface twisted in the other direction as he tilted his head the other way. He didn't know what the strange swirling cloud in the sky meant, but the figure he saw drop from it made him cringe inwardly, and he wanted to both flee and fight at once.

What troubled him most was, he could feel the power emanating from what it was that fell from the sky.

He turned suddenly back to AJ and smiled softly at her. "We should go," he told her. He hadn't noticed the way she touched his arm, both of them scrawled with the length of rune and design in a dark, ebon marking that could be seen on both blade and haft of his spear-form.

Without another word, he took her hand and began to drag her to the door. "We need to get away," he clarified to her. "Do you have everything you need? Get everything you need. Nothing heavy, though. I'll carry some things, if you want. I'm strong; I don't feel fatigue. Not really, anyways."

He paused for a moment, the words 'Fight me!' echoing in his mind like a booming voice. He winced inwardly; the words were directed at someone he knew; kin: his sister.

"Can we go to China? I've always wanted to go there."

[size=-2]
When the girl had made a full one-eighty personality shift, dragging him along and claiming that he needed to get to safety, Constantine thought that he'd seen the strangest thing that he was going to see that day. Truth be told, the girl was pretty and even though Constantine didn't understand what was going on, he wasn't exactly fighting to get away from her as she ran. She seemed almost sweet when she wasn't psychotically accusing him of stalking her.

There was something dark and Constantine could feel it, which was the other part of the reason why he agreed to flee. A sinking feeling growing in the pit of his stomach had told him that it was the thing to do, this fleeing. There was a throb in his mind and he thought he heard the words 'Fight me' being spoken but all that he could hear as he turned his head was a distant sort of clamor and what sounded like heavy thuds.

Constantine turned his attention back to the woman but his hand was no longer in her grasp. She was morphing into a weapon, something he'd seen only now and then in a museum. It was a slender chain with a weight at the end and he'd toyed with it once. Constantine took that second to pinch himself with the hand that wasn't holding the weapon in it. He was definitely awake but he had no time to waste.

The woman's urgency echoed in his mind and all throughout his body. Constantine wanted to get as far away from here as he could. He darted across the streets and back to where he had left his car and driver who, despite looked as if they had recently peed their pants in fear, were still loyally waiting for their young master to return.

"Come on, let's go, drive! To the airport."
[/size]

As he saw the monster appear and drop down from the swirl in the sky, something happened inside of Brent.

He thought back at his life, the difficulties he had had as a child and his unusual size. The times that he was pushed too far and lost it. The amount of time he had spent swinging hammers to either build or destroy things. All of it seemed to have led up to this point. All of it just suddenly clicked.
He listened to Priscilla's explanation with a calm demeanor, though inside he was in turmoil. Was this what he had been waiting for all his life? Was this the reason why his life had seemed so empty? Maybe it was just as well that he had nothing truly meaningful in his life. Maybe that was the reason he could easily walk away from it now.

The giant smiled as Priscilla took his hand. He turned towards her and knelt to get on the same eye-height. His eyes were pools of tranquility as he looked at her and broadened his smile. He had made a resolution, a choice to do something he had feared to do for a long time.

"So if I understand correctly, this is what you were created to fight." He spoke in a soft tone of voice. "Maybe, I'd be better served by just handing you over to the monster and save my own skin. I'm not sure I want to fight. In fact, fighting scares me. The raw bloodlust I feel when I get caught up in the fight. The damage I inflict, even without weapons..."

Brent briefly closed his eyes and shook his head before he spoke again. "But you, you just told me that this beast was sent to get you back. To put you in a box again, one you were so happy to be out of. And the first thing you say isn't that we should run or hide, nor that we should seek help elsewhere. No, your first comment was one of concern for the safety of the people nearby."

Brent started to chuckle. He felt so light, so free ever since his decision had been made. Perhaps he would die today but he did not care at all, not now that he had finally found a purpose in life. He rose from his position, and still holding her hand he turned towards the sounds of sirens and chaos coming from the city. "You're a wonderful person Priscilla, and that's why I trust you. I'm going to help you fight this thing off and maybe find your brother and sister. If it's up to me, you're never going to go into that box again."

With that he took a first step, before turning his head towards her and smiling once more. "Lets go..."

Alyss still FELT, which was the strangest sensation for her, what did she know about being a weapon. She had thought that was a myth or something, maybe she was chosen by the gods or something. Her thoughts seemed to wander as she was a weapon, not really seeing or hearing but feeling her surroundings. She could tell that they were in a car and she could hear Constantine telling his driver instructions. She was coiled up safely in his hand. For some reason she felt like she could trust him, very different from the murderous impulses she had earlier. She supposed fear did that to her, made her more willing to work with him, and yet his question burned in her mind. What was she? She didn't even know.

The airport? That's a good idea...take me to Roma, something tells me that Italy will hold answers for us... Alyss spoke, although in weapon form it would just reverberated inside of Constantine's head. Slowly she started slipping out of her weapon form as she could tell that they were somehow escaping the creature, although she was positive that it wouldn't be far behind no matter where they went. First the chain of the whip separated and became her legs and slowly the rest of her formed, clothing intact thankfully, her hand grasping Constantine's where her handle was. She hadn't even noticed it but if the driver had he'd probably be very alarmed.

[size=-2]
Constantine's driver was, if nothing else, professional. He did not say a word at all about anything happening. He looked at the rearview mirror, Constantine could see the wide dark eyes. The driver revved the engine and pulled the car from the spot smoothly. "Absolutely, sir. With all due haste."

Constantine realized that Alyss was back in human form so he spoke to her aloud. "Italy? That's fine, I can do Italy. Anything away from here." Constantine realized with some dismay that his sunglasses were missing. The warmth of Alyss's hand was oddly comforting to him, as was her very presence. The full change of behavior from her rage earlier was still disconcerting to him, though, and he was a little suspicious all the same.

"So... Who are you?" Constantine hadn't let go of her hand, holding it without even noticing still. There was something that drew him to her despite the wariness he had towards her in light of her earlier behavior. She didn't even seem to remember her earlier attitude. The roaring of the engine and jerking of the car told him that the driver was faithfully speeding.
[/size]

Tactitus followed his senses, which alerted him of Alyss and Constantine on the run. The street under his steps shook as he pursued the car towing them, its wheels moving way beyond the city's speed limits. During the chase, he silently cursed his bulk for making running such a challenge. He was by no means a fast creature, however his large feet did allow him to cover lots of ground.

Along the way, he could sense more power like the chain whip. The spear was closer; so was the hammer. He was going deeper into the residential area of Brooklyn, where children cried for their parents and canine pets barked both out of fear and anger. Aggravated by the noises and useless escaping, Tacitus came to a stop so he could reach down for a pickup truck parked next to him. There was no driver, so he assumed it safe to toss. With a furious yell, he effortlessly tossed the truck ahead of him so it would land in front of Constantine's car and block the way.

Not wanting to waste any time, he bent his knees and made an enormous jump into the air, gravity pulling him closer to his targets. A long arm stretched out to grab onto the car he had been chasing around, determined to snatch Alyss and Constantine right out of their seats. "Cowards," Tacitus growled, followed by a laugh that was meant to be insulting. "Absolute disgraces to your Roman ancestors."

When Priscilla's gaze met with Brent's, she didn't look away for a minute. She was listening intently with clear confidence in her stare. There was never anything to fear when someone made eye contact. In fact, she was quite impressed with it.

The mention that he could just hand her over to the monster made her heart beat with a pang of sadness. Was he actually considering that? Priscilla was afraid to return to that dark, cramped box forevermore. That would have been better than letting Alyss return there alone, though. If she didn't go with Brent to rescue her, she'd at least go to give herself up and keep her sister company. Those siblings of hers meant the world to her.

Then, he called her a wonderful person. Modestly, she did look away for a quick second. Going so long without a compliment, that simple word made her feel sheepish. Especially since he just met her! Luckily, though, he had faith in her and said he would keep her. "You've no idea how much that means to me," she told him earnestly.

Priscilla's face lit up with a grin, her steps following his when he said they should go. The smile didn't last for long, though. Not too far from them, Tacitus tossed a truck at a car he was pursuing and challenged them with words that made her blood boil. They most certainly weren't cowards! This was a new world with new people who didn't know what to do with enchanted weapon-people.

"That monster is Tacitus. He's a pet to my... Uncle. That's what he called himself," she said slowly, her memories sort of fuzzy from spending too long in that chest. "How mysterious.

Anyway. Do not worry, Brent. Once you're on the battlefield, you'll know how to use me. You'll be a fine warrior, with time."

Smiling once more, Priscilla's frail human form emitted a gentle glow before transforming into the war hammer he found earlier. The handle was safely in his grasp, her mind touching with his as a form of soothing, as well as sharing battle tactics.

[bg=black]AJ looked baffled when he tried to get her to pack her things and leave. Following that, he recommended they go to... China!? With a stubborn look, she tightened her grip on his hand and stopped walking so they would stop in front of her door.

"Hold on, mister. For one, we can't go to China. Not only can I not afford it; I don't have time for it! I'm quite content here, drawing on and piercing peoples' skin," she said, though the last sentence was sort of a fib. Although she enjoyed her work, she was not at all happy as of late. "For two, why do we need to leave?"

For some reason, she knew she could trust this man. There was something about him; something familiar. Also, she couldn't help but feel that they were destined to meet! Even holding hands with him felt... Right. While that was so, she was lost and confused.

Suddenly, she heard something catastrophic not far from her neighbourhood. There was roaring, panicking, crashing... Wide eyed, she peeked out her window again. "Holy shit!" she exclaimed, frightened. "Dude, I was right! We're so doomed! There's a.. There's a..! A beastly alien zombie thing out there!"

Looking away from the window, her chocolatey eyes locked onto Alexander. Her eyes shined with tears, her pierced lower lip making a childish quiver. For a woman in her late twenties, she had the personality of a youth. "Can't you do something, Alexander? Isn't there a reason you're here, or.. Something?" she asked in a pleading voice. Innocent people were in danger, but what hurt her the most was the thought of children getting hurt. Much as she'd like to pack up her Hello Kittys and go to China, she just couldn't.
[/bg]

"Tacitus huh?" Where had he read that name before? It must have been long ago, back in school or something. Brent looked on as Priscilla turned back into her weapon, still not used to something as magical as that happening in front of his eyes, but accepting it as real until someone proved it to be false. He took the weapon in both hands and began to run towards the monster, who, though audible, was still a short distance away. He was just about to wonder what the mysterious hammer-girl had meant by "knowing how to use her" when it hit him.

It was like his mind was split open and a funnel was pushed in, through which countless of experiences and thoughts poured in. Memories of roman gladiators and generals, adventurers and criminals, cruel medieval warlords and robber barons. Everyone of them pertaining to the use of the weapon he was holding, and in all of them was Priscilla sometimes encouraging, other times cautioning her wielders through times of trouble. It was like an encyclopedia was forcefully added to his memories, instantly teaching him what he needed to know to become an excellent warrior in his own right.

Brent cried out while he was running, the sudden burst of information threatening to engulf him for a moment before suddenly it stopped, and as it stopped, he found himself facing a car with behind it the monster he had wanted to fight. "He's not THAT much taller than me," Brent thought, trying to gather courage to assault the brute. "though I suppose I'll have to get used to looking up if there are more monsters like this."

Then he saw the brute reaching for a man and a girl in the back of the car and he yelled out again and jumped on top of the car, waving the hammer to catch the attention of Tacitus. "Hey! Ya brute! Why don't you pick on people your OWN size, huh!" he yelled and instinctively readied his weapon.

Alyss jumped as the car landed in front of Constantine's and then the creature landed on top the car. Rage bubbled up in Alyss and she screamed in a primal rage. "THAT'S IT! I'M GOING TO RIP OFF ITS HEAD AND WATCH THE STREETS GET STAINED WITH THE CRIMSON BLOOD HIDING INSIDE OF IT! I WILL LET THE RATS AND MAGGOTS FEAST ON ITS ROTTING AND FETID CORPSE!" She shouted pounding the roof of the car and quickly kicked the door next to her, opening it. She was going to not let this creature ruin her day!

She stormed out of the car and into the street leaving the door behind her open. The civilians and police had given the creature a wide berth and it looked like the street was deserted, well as deserted as it could get with the exception of a man standing on top of a car shouting at the creature. WHAT A FOOL! She thought, and now she'd have to help protect him from the crazed beast.

Looking around her she found a chunk of stone that had been shaken loose from the street and she threw it at the creature. She knew that if she could lure the creature down into the subway tunnel he would either get hit by a train or he'd be too big to move and she could figure out another way to kill him. "Hey! Over here you disgusting excuse for flesh!" She cried out, backing slowly towards the stairs that led down into the subway, throwing another rock at him. She stopped short though, she could sense that the man shouting at the creature had something to do with her sister. Could he be a wielder? No time to think, she had to lure that creature to the tunnel!

"We're not doomed," came Alexander's strong voice, soothing and reassuring all at once. There was a deep-seeded confidence there, an assurance that nothing bad would happen. He felt that assurance himself, with every ounce of confidence he could muster. 'Nothing bad will happen.'

He reached out and set a hand gently on AJ's face, letting his thumb caress softly along her cheek. He wiped away her tears with a soft touch; with him being so close, she would clearly be able to make out the soft scent of sandalwood and jade he exuded. A strange oriental smell, for someone so... European.

"I'm here for you, nothing more," he told her in answer to her desperate question. His voice was still firm. "We're going to do something. We're going to flee. And if we cannot flee, then... We will do something." There was a weight to those last words. A sense of foreboding descended upon the small, cluttered apartment; a sense of macabre and strangely grim pride. 'Doing something' was clearly 'something' that was a last measure, but if a measure used, would be decidedly... Final.

He squeezed her hand and pulled her to a nearby wall, covered in these strange little cotton-filled dolls of a queer looking cat with large eyes. He snatched a few up and set them gingerly in the leather satchel he somehow had procured and draped across his shoulders. "These are important to you. I can feel that; we will save them. Come, we must go." He gave her no more than a minute to gather anything else she wanted, and they left.

Even though he was holding her hand, and directing her out onto the street filled with panic, there was an odd sensation of her being the one to hold onto him.

[size=-2]
A monstrosity crashed through the roof of the car that was carrying Alyss and Constantine to freedom. Constantine crawled from the car, unharmed save for a few scratches, allowing the initial instinct of self-inspection to take over. Concern for the others would take backseat. Alyss emerged murderously angry and Constantine could only be grateful that this time, that anger was directed somewhere besides himself. Finally, the driver managed to push his way out from the car and Constantine was spared the decision of being worried for the driver or running from the scene.

Alyss was being absolutely crazy, along with some man nearby standing on a car, and she was actually shouting at the thing and trying to lead it to the subway. Clever, Constantine decided, she was trying to lure the thing into a constricted space with a greater potential of creating deafening noise. If she failed, though… their deaths, not mine. Constantine willed himself into simply leaving the scene. The creature could not care less about him at the moment.

Something inside Constantine felt as though it was forcing his step, though. Constantine found himself running towards Alyss instead of away from her and a peculiar emotion wriggled through his stomach, making him a little ill. What was this? He didn't have time to decipher.

Instead, Constantine realized he too was shouting profanities at the monster, mainly insulting the intelligence of the beast as he moved toward the subway with Alyss.
[/size]

Attention went to the direction of a man who so boldly challenged him, stating he should 'pick on someone his own size'. That was an amusing statement, however he could tell this was not a meek human. This stranger's voice was deep and masculine, plus his jump onto the car was rather loud. Sound waves were what gave Tacitus his 'vision', considering his eyes were mostly useless. What interested him the most was that this man had Priscilla.

Before he could remark, he was being pelted with stones by Alyss and Constantine, along with insults. Words could not hurt Tacitus, nor could those rocks. What was making him angry was the fact they were using rocks when Alyss herself was already a weapon! That is what insulted him the most.

With an irritated grunt, he lowered onto his four limbs and took some steps backwards. Flicking his tail about, he sprinted to Brent and hooked his digits around the handle of his weapon. Following that, he took a gigantic leap into the air, letting the gravity pull them to the direction of the subway stairs. This man was fated to land on the concrete to receive serious injury, or death from a crack to the skull. Either one would please the beast, as long as he got to come out on top and crush Brent.

Unfortunately for Tacitus, he underestimated just how close to his size and strength this human was! He struggled to pull Priscilla from Brent's hands, especially since the years in solitude made him forget how heavy the hammer itself was. He feared that the wielder could be capable of turning the tables on him so that he took the crash landing instead. "Let go," he demanded, still trying to yank Priscilla from the hold.

[bg=black]Had he not been so calm and gentle, Alexis would have lost her mind. The soft touch of his hands and his soothing voice eased her, though the entire scene was confusing. She knew he could be trusted; even with her life. Yet, she didn't know why. There were so many questions left unanswered. They couldn't be asked, either since they needed to flee from the monstrosity outside.

A sheepish smile touched her lips as he stuffed some of her Hello Kitty dolls into a satchel he wore. They were precious to her, even if they were more popular in a child's age group. Before he could drag her outside, she snatched her most favourite one of all: one dressed as Red Riding Hood.

The red cloaked plush was held tightly to her chest as they rushed out of her apartment, her dark eyes looking to where Tacitus was. AJ looked mortified when she caught sight of the beast crashing into somebody and taking them many feet from the ground. There was not another person in sight. In fact, a terrified crowd of people was running right through her neighbourhood, hoping to put distance between them and the invader.

AJ couldn't help but feel she should be where the ferocious monster was, though. The thought of running with the other citizens didn't even cross her mind! Hand in hand with Alexander, she felt courageous and strangely, like she was supposed to be involved with the violent event Alexander wanted to avoid.
[/bg]

"As If" Brent snarled. Used to being much bigger and stronger than everyone around him, he was now struggling to hold on to the hammer, the beast was stronger than him. The initial clash had surprised him and taken him off his feet and knocked the breath out of him, and the situation began to look very grim for the large man. However, in the brief instants they were flying through the air after that magnificent jump, Big B had regained his composure and was now desperately looking for a way out.

He spat in the face of his attacker to attempt to blind him, not aware of his attackers limited eyesight, and looked behind him to see the subway entrance rapidly approaching. "The wall!" Priscilla's voice suddenly echoed in his brain. "Use the wall!"

Brent was confused for only a fraction of a second, and then the idea hit him. He desperately flailed his legs to the side, a sudden maneuver that took the giant beast off guard, focused as it was on the test of strength. He curled his legs slightly and braced for impact. His legs hit the concrete sidewall next to the stairs with loud crack. Pain flared up in the giants legs, but he merely grunted in pain as the force of the collision began to turn the two of them around.

"Too slow, too slow!"
Brent kept thinking for what seemed to be an eternity as they sailed over the top part of the stairs and into the flickering light of the subway station below. As if the world around them was suddenly put into slow motion, Brent felt himself turning sideways and up, while the much heavier brute that had launched him was pulled further down by gravity. Painfully slow the tables were turning as they neared the ground, until all of a sudden they smashed heavily into the concrete of the stairs, sliding further down to the bottom of them with Tacitus the taking further damage from each of the steps.

Brent rolled off of the brute, hammer still in hand after the shock of the fall had released it from Tacitus grasp. He tried to stand and noticed that he couldn't put any weight on his right leg. It was either broken or strained. He quickly hopped back, using the wall as support, creating distance between him and the monster while he retreated further into the subway.

"Thanks" he said to Priscilla..."I owe you one"

The scene on the street was a prime example of chaos and pandamonium unleashed.

People scattered this way and that, a stampede of terrified beasts more than human. They scampered on top of one another, shoved each other out of the way in a bid to preserve their own simple lives. No thought was given to their fellow man, as they fled with the simple 'every man for himself' mantra. It disgusted Alexander, and his face twisted to reflect his loathing for humanity as a whole.

"Selfish creatures, you humans," he mused aloud to no one in particular. His voice was sad, reflecting very little of that loathing he had. He idly wondered if his odd rush of disgust could be felt by his newfound companion; he could feel her fear, kept in check by the assurance she felt in him. It gave him a refreshing sense of confidence, knowing that his soulmate trusted him. The last woman had flung him into a river when they first met.

"Come. Let us take flight."

He tugged at AJ's hand and took several steps before coming to a stop. He realized that, despite his need, want, and desire to flee the scene and from the beast that hunted him, he simply couldn't. 'Coward' rang through his head, over and over again. As much as Alexander was loathe to conflict, he was not a coward. He had faced his issues in the past.

Besides, he could feel his sisters. They were here, right here, on this very street. They did battle, while he sought to flee. What kind of brother was he to flee, and leave his siblings behind?

"I--" Alexander started clumsily, before turning and taking a deep swallow. He could tell that AJ too did not want to leave, though she was as terrified as he was reluctant. With a sigh, he stepped close to AJ, his face just centimeters from hers, and stared deeply into her eyes.

"I will fight, but only if you want to fight," he looked down at her hand and squeezed it tightly before looking back into her face. "Just don't let go of my hand."