Blorbs: Discussion Thread

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Do you want to set sail on the ship once it's completed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I care for the sea serpent, but unless it plans on hanging around to threaten us if it's told no, then why bother killing it?

No. Bears > puppies, so I would leave the bear alone.

But Jane > sea creature, so it must die.
Well, I like to avoid instigating violence, but if you're dead set on launching a hunting expedition, I'll most certainly enlist.

*Signs up for the hunting trip*

You sillies.
You adorable sillies.

I'm just gonna give it the burning blorc beat set on fire.

duh

I am all for mercing that motherfucker sea serpent prick.

Remember kids, don't trust talking serpents. Just ask Eve how that shit went down for her.
she got a sick leaf skirt

#worth

On a sidenote: Should someone repair the wall to the left tunnel? The outer wall protecting us from the ocean is way too thin for my comfort.

Remember Blorb physics: Water doesn't rise higher than the entry point. If that thin part breaks, the water won't get anywhere close to reaching us.

Hey everyone.

So I think that I'm going to be taking a short hiatus from drawing. No more than a week. My rate of drawing has slowed more and more and it's been harder to get the gumption to draw updates again for a bit. So, I think maybe a week off, and then coming back in with energy again sounds like it'd pick things back up.

As part of this, on my return I'll be taking a quick look at those who are still around after the hiatus. If you're around, you're good, in, etc. If you don't reply to my check in within... I dunno, an update or two, I'll despawn you for the time being. New spawns and respawns will of course be able to overwrite this. I'm also willing to make some changes as offered before during night when things were a shitstorm.

Below I'll include all the 'changes' I'd be willing to incorporate upon the end of the hiatus;
  • No change. We continue where we are.
  • Underground. The hiatus covers you guys digging down and skipping ahead a bit as you go lower than you've ever gone before.
  • Full restart. I'll pick the new locale unless you guys specifically vote for a particular one. Comes with suboptions;
    • Surface blorbs
    • Subsurface blorbs
    • NOT blorbs ( though in this case likely one of the other races that can respawn; such as their darker furred deep dwelling cousins )
    • NOT blorbs ( instead being one of the races that can't respawn; such as blorcs and their primal cousins ). In this case new spawns will be limited, spots reserved for when more creatures suitable for control are found or wander in.
  • More iffy on this, but the possibility of a non-survival-based blorbs thing where instead it's more of an adventure instead of building shelter? IDK, that was what this was supposed to be at first but then I did this as survival instead.
As I won't be around Iwaku ( Blorbs has become the only thing I even come onto Iwaku to do for the last few months ) I won't be keeping track of your votes or decisions; else I wouldn't really be taking a break now would I? But, remember, 70% active player base required to make the vote! I dunno, if you guys can even get 70% of a vote on something but if you get significantly higher than that on an unlisted change I'd probably be willing to do it too. I do run the game for you guys, so if it'll make it more fun then it sounds good to me.

I personally would be up for skipping a bit to digging down, or if we do restart, you know I'm going to throw my money at being a blorc, and the whole adventure idea sounds absolutely fantastic! I do love the survival situation, but I really think it would be fun to see how people handle a quest of sorts, and if we DID play races that don't respawn, I think it would be a lot of fun to see how things start off and compare it to who survives by the end. Lots of potential for some fun stuff here!

I'm good with any change as long as it's one that lets us keep the respawn ability.

People die too much in this game for the idea of "You die you're out" to be an effective system.
We'd lose a ton of the player base.

Primary vote: Dig down
Secondary vote: Like Dervish said, adventure blorcs would be a neat alternative.

I'm good with digging down. Especially of said time skip also results in magical breakthrough (from my obstinate refusal to do anything but study)

I'm with Gwazi.

Primary vote: Dig down
Secondary vote: Like Dervish said, adventure blorcs would be a neat alternative.
This, but with an equal load to both votes. Make it a half vote to both, if you wish.

Hey, I'm back, sorta. Will be showing what I've decided on doing for the continuation of blorbs either this evening or if I fail to get that done in time, tomorrow... barring circumstances but no really probably tonight.

• Love
Reactions: Dervish
Or sudden things could interject themselves into my schedule. Okay so haven't really had a time to sit down and do things since about 30 minutes of the last thing too much; my dad recruited me yesterday to clean the house and then help entertain some employees / interns of his ( see; play video games with them. Truly the hardest of jobs ) and then today I was helping ( and later hanging out with ) @Azarthes ( feel free to send him all your contempt!! ) so I haven't even gotten a chance to do blorbs stuff like I was supposed to.

Tomorrow I may have a chance but I have been made aware that I probably won't on Monday SO we'll see what I can and can't get done.

*Shakes first angrily at @Azarthes like a grumpy old man*

Status
Not open for further replies.