Blood Moon Rising(A Vampire roleplay, Fantasy, seeking F) CLOSED FOR NOW

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Durandal

Fatum Iustum Stultorum
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
Online Availability
Western Mountain Time
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Medieval Fantasy, Science Fiction, Romance, horror.

I have found at least two partners for this interest check, and that is about my limit, sorry to anyone else who is interested. I'll try to keep you in mind though

Guidelines

I. My main wish is that my partner be relaxed, friendly, and respectful

II. I would like for things to be in third person, and that you keep your tenses straight.(i.e. please ensure that you write past, present, and future tense correctly, it's petty of me but it's a big pet peeve of mine).

III. I would like for you to be capable of writing several paragraphs of reasonably good quality. Unfortunately more casual roleplaying tends to make me very bored, very fast.

IV. I would like it if you be able and willing to contribute your own ideas to the story, I have had many roleplays where my partner more or less has me come up with everything for the plot, and that can cause burnout or just for me to become stuck.

V. I very much dislike it when people drop off the radar with no warning, 'ghosting' me if you will. Please do not do this, it is very upsetting to me when people simply disappear. If for some reason you decide you dislike roleplaying with me or dislike the plot and wish to end our roleplay together, then please inform me of this rather than simply disappearing.

VI. If for some reason you need to take a break from the roleplay, be advised that such things cause me to generally lose steam, and therefore interest in the roleplay. It is difficult to maintain interest in a roleplay that is going nowhere.

VII. If perhaps you feel I have neglected in giving you a reply, do not hesitate to let me know.

VIII. I am happy to do romance, but if you are red star like me, then anything must be a slow burn, I get bored incredibly fast if it jumps into intimate situations too soon.

IX. As a side note, I will
not do non-consensual, do not ask

This world was ours...centuries ago...

9 (2).jpg

Hundreds of years ago the continent of Ruthera was controlled and ruled under the Midnight Aristocracy, the vampires of the world led by Dracula, the oldest and most powerful of vampires. Mortals suffered under the rule of the children of the night greatly, for while some of their vampiric masters ruled with a gentle hand, many ruled with capricious cruelty, inflicting great terror and suffering upon their mortal slaves.

The darkness did not last, the Gods saw fit to bless mortals with champions of light, armed with relics of great power that allowed them to lead a revolt against the Midnight Aristocracy, a terrible war raged across the land for almost a decade before at last mortalkind was victorious over their dark masters. At least the long night was over, and mortals could live their lives in peace as they saw fit, free from the tyranny of the vampires.

So they tell themselves...

Some of us survived.

For centuries, hidden away in dark and secluded places, were survivors of the overthrow, hibernating...tortured by thirst, choking down dust...

Starving

The mere few remaining have awoken, and they walk among the innocent again, gathering power over their domain...does our story begin...

There are three possible plotlines available to go with this.

I. The Queen of a noble land sees all she loves and knows threatened to be destroyed by war, her husband fallen in battle...her armies ravaged and depleted. There is little hope of staving off her enemies, that seek to take her land from her, for it is prosperous, lush, fertile and rich in resources.

Little hope...except for something her advisors were reluctant to tell her of, fearful of what it might portend. They tell her that in her land, secluded away from civilization is a dark castle that looms in forests that are home to large, fierce wolves, wandering bandits and worse. From this castle it is said that a creature of the night is it's master, a creature of a name now spoken of only in the most fearful of legends.

A vampire.

It is said however, that this vampire has a vast library of precious knowledge, with secrets that might turn the tide in her favor, that he vampire himself has lived for so long that her nation didn't exist.

A message is sent at the Queen's order...and a reply comes back.

I will help you...but only if you have the courage to come to my castle.

Alone and unarmed...save your retainers...

TL;DR version, YC is a Queen of a beautiful land that is desirable to neighbors who seek to take it from you by force of arms, while you have repulsed their initial assault and there is a brief lull in the fighting, the King fell in battle and your armies have been decimated by this effort. MC is a vampire living in seclusion who is asked by YC to help her, he agrees but only if she is brave enough to visit him personally at his home.

II. Mortals represent the extremes of good and evil, but often it seems evil wins out, yours is a harsh and miserable existence as a mere slave. You live off of meager scraps, in squalid and miserable conditions. The slavers do the bare minimum to keep you alive, and to avoid marking your skin for it is said you are quite beautiful...but beyond that, unless you are sold they care little about your well-being.

Then a pale man arrives at the slave market one day, one dressed in exceedingly fine and marvelous clothing, a man that gives you a bad feeling at times when you look at him...for you think when you see him out of the corner of your eye, that his eyes glow red...

This man purchases you when your time comes for a very large sum, beating out all other bidders, and takes you to his home, a beautiful...if foreboding castle, where to your amazement, you are given a room to sleep in that would be fit for royalty, three mouth-wateringly delicious meals a day, and servants that wait on you.

What purpose does your master have for you? Perhaps like other men he saw your beauty and merely wants you as his toy, but while he gazes at you in a predatory fashion from time to time...he does not gaze at you in that way.

Little do you know, you were selected not for your beauty, but because your blood is pure and delicious...and you are to serve as this man's primary source of food...for he is not a man, but a nightwalker...

TL;DR version, YC is a beautiful young woman taken as a slave by...slavers, obviously. She lives in horrible conditions and is fed mere scraps, while the slavers do not beat her or abuse her physically, they otherwise do little to care for her well-being. She is bought by a very handsome, pale man(MC) who she can sense has something 'off' about him. He takes her to his castle and she is pampered and treated like royalty. She thinks maybe he wanted a sex slave but is unaware that in reality he wanted her as a 'blood donor' to feed off of for the rest of her life, she learns this as she realizes he is in fact a creature of legend, a vampire.

III. There is a darkness lurking the mountains in a land that is the frontier, the outskirts of civilization. Tales of a creature that preys upon mortal men reaches civilized lands, of bodies found drained of blood, no one takes these stories very seriously and they are dismissed as the folktales of country yokels.

Except for a select few, who take the stories seriously, and searching ancient lore believe this creature is a vampire, a creature believed to be myth, but you and others are convinced this is the case, and find any piece of forgotten lore and train as much as you can to face and slay this creature.

You are the youngest of the number, and others of the order leave to slay the creature, you are left behind as your training is not complete yet...but they never return.

Before long, you are the last able-bodied member of the vampire hunters, you go to find this creature, and indeed find the tales are true.

The vampire defeats you after a fight, though it humiliates you that he barely seems to take the fight that seriously, you wait for the final blow to be struck, for the monster to drain your blood.

Instead...he tells you to leave, that he will grant you your life as long as you agree to never return and bother him again.
You were led to believe that this vampire was a monstrous creature with no soul, but how could that be true of something...no, someone who can show mercy?

TL;DR version, YC is a vampire hunter, she goes to try and kill the vampire(MC), but she gets her ass soundly kicked and believes this is the end when he spares her life, so she becomes intrigued by this vampire and seeks to learn more.

This last plot is really barebones I know, so any ideas are welcome.

(Also oh my god why is the default font size so small?)

Last edited:
Sending PM.