Blizzard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snow up to my mid thigh this morning O_O
And it's still coming down XD
The wind is insane! ;u;

For once, I am enjoying a largely mild and snow free winter and laughing at ither people's suffering.

This is a nice change.

Reactions: Kagayours
IT'S STILL FUCKING SNOWING.

I try and make snow event (especially the crippling ones) a fun time for my kids. So, roaring fires, hot cocoa, romping in the snow with the dogs. Snow is a rather rare occurrence in Maryland, it seems.

Because the main road leading to my house will not be plowed for a week ... Yes, we are effectively trapped. But, we just deal. During last year's snow event, our heater crapped out ... so, I headed into the woods and dragged back firewood. Fun times.

Speaking of fun, I plan on turning the long, sloped road (sans cars) into my private ski run. I'm saving the shoveling until storm's over.

Two months of constant snow. Sub -20c many days. Snow fucking everywhere. So cold my nose get perma fucked up during the winter.

WTB warmer climate.

I live in Texas. Snow just isn't a thing here. We haven't had a substantial amount of snow for a long while. Heck, it could easily go the whole year without it ever snowing. I'm glad too. I don't like the cold. It just gets everyone sick.

I miss Texas. :[

I was in the place where the snowstorm killed people last year.

If there is a similar situation this year I'm going to regret where I chose to pursue higher education at.

We were supposed to get a foot here in NYC, then they upped the total. I think the last time I checked on the news that Central Park was reading about 15 inches, but that was a few hours ago and it's still snowing.

I have to give the storm credit -- I honestly didn't think we'd even get the 12 inches. After the "blizzard" that was supposed to happen here last year and then didn't, I was quite skeptical of this storm.

Well played, Jonas. Well played.

Reactions: Soulless
We were supposed to get a foot here in NYC, then they upped the total. I think the last time I checked on the news that Central Park was reading about 15 inches, but that was a few hours ago and it's still snowing.

I have to give the storm credit -- I honestly didn't think we'd even get the 12 inches. After the "blizzard" that was supposed to happen here last year and then didn't, I was quite skeptical of this storm.

Well played, Jonas. Well played.
Would you believe me if I told you there is barely any snow in Buffalo right now? It's impressive how little snow is happening in comparison to NYC. It's usually the other way around.

Manager, via text: Who's scheduled in today?

Me, via text: You, me, [insert other two people]. But I don't think I can make it in. The roads haven't been cleared and there is snow over the hood of my car.

Manager's text back: Ok be in at 10 am we will close early at 5 pm

Me: ...

My text: My neighborhood hasn't been cleared and the cars are buried. I don't think I can make it in, I can't get the car out

Manager's reply: I will pick you up if need be

My text: Well there's no way I'm getting the car out so either call someone else in or I guess pick me up but the roads are shit, they're impassable

Manager: Walk up to the highway and I'll pick you up there

Me: What time?

Her: Before 10 we have to be in at 10 I'll text you

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

It was very interesting last night. Living deep in Brooklyn and it was intense. Probably close to two feet of snow, and wind that hit so hard it felt like i was being punched in the face. Ironically enough it didn't feel that cold last night when i went out. More just the wind and the snow.

Seem today everything has passed, though it's cold as fuck now. My heat as been on a constant blast and its still mildly frigid

Update: She gave me 15 minutes notice to get ready and hike through snow to the highway. Had to dig my gate free and wade through knee high drifts. Parking lot is still being cleared and everything is iced over. No one else is coming in so it's the two of us. What the fuck this is an office supply store who the fuck will come out in this shit for office supplies.

Considering mutiny.

And here I am reading about you guys getting buried by a blizzard while considering a nice walk to Dairy Queen to buy a Blizzard so I can read more of your suffering in the non-arctic blasted comforts of Western Canada.

This is amazing! A horrible winter storm and it ISN'T me getting buried for once! I can get used to it. I have lived through what you guys are talking about way too many damn times.

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Bought me breakfast, though she made me go get it and it was because she's hungry. Mutiny averted for now.

Also we actually have had one customer. What is wrong with people.

My little truck is buried. Looks like I'm stuck where I am for at least another day or so. I was hoping to get out tomorrow to get the hell away from my family. I swear I'm disowning these people once I can get to a lawyer's office....

I'M SO GLAD WE KEPT THE STORE OPEN TODAY FOR EIGHT PEOPLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.