Bleach: A New Dawn (OOC/Sign-up)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimate question post -

Skills

1. When creating the skills, I assume you can pick any level between 1-3 depending on your rank - but again, Unseated aren't shown to have any rank levels. Is it anything from 1-2 for an unseated?

2. If you wanted to create an unbalanced character who works mainly in Kido/Hoho, how would you reflect this in the skills sheet? A strong bias towards the Kido skills, one or two Zanjutsu/Hakuda, and a few in Hoho? Would this be able to work in this Roleplay without being too much of a hindrance?

Plot

1. Is it alright/encouraged if my character has a very vague knowledge on what went on during the RP so far? I doubt she'd know the specifics at all. Perhaps the death of Kurisa, due to his noble status, and some knowledge on the previous traitor rebellion.

Misc.

1. Could I use a previous character for this RP? I had a really nice one - an insomniac. Her power would increase as she got more exhausted/tired, but in doing so, she'd only be able to release strong power for a short time before passing out - whether in the middle of a battle or not. She -was- a lieutenant, but I can start off at unseated with this one and work my way up!

Guess I'll answer since none of the GMs aren't around currently.

1. Something that should be brought up to the GMs (Ha, irony) as I have no idea about these level things. What is this, DBZ?

2. I think I understand your question, mostly because only one of my characters is a balanced type. But how you would go about it in the skill sheet is, well, entirely up to you as long as you keep true to your character in the IC. My character Hikari focuses mainly on Zanjutsu and Hoho, can't do Kido for shit, and is decent in Hakuda. While he does have most Hakuda skills, those skills aren't as effective as they would be when used by someone who's Hakuda focused (Yu for example). See where I'm going? You can have certain skills, but the two you focus on mainly would be your best if you decide to drop two others. The two you decide to drop, while you can still have those skills, they'd most likely be less effective. Atleast that's what I got out of your question.

But if you're asking if you should not have certain skills (In Hakuda & Zanjutsu) because your character focuses mainly on Kido & Hoho, then....I think I pretty much explained that with the Hikari and Hakuda thing. Watch as I took the question wrong and then a GM comes in with their twerkaicious booty and blows the question out of the water.

3. I'm sure that's fine.

4. That's fine, though the ability would have to be seen written out.

Ok, now time to scurry back to finishing these CS' -Scurries away-

Reactions: Ythania
Ultimate question post -

Skills

1. When creating the skills, I assume you can pick any level between 1-3 depending on your rank - but again, Unseated aren't shown to have any rank levels. Is it anything from 1-2 for an unseated?

2. If you wanted to create an unbalanced character who works mainly in Kido/Hoho, how would you reflect this in the skills sheet? A strong bias towards the Kido skills, one or two Zanjutsu/Hakuda, and a few in Hoho? Would this be able to work in this Roleplay without being too much of a hindrance?

Plot

1. Is it alright/encouraged if my character has a very vague knowledge on what went on during the RP so far? I doubt she'd know the specifics at all. Perhaps the death of Kurisa, due to his noble status, and some knowledge on the previous traitor rebellion.

Misc.

1. Could I use a previous character for this RP? I had a really nice one - an insomniac. Her power would increase as she got more exhausted/tired, but in doing so, she'd only be able to release strong power for a short time before passing out - whether in the middle of a battle or not. She -was- a lieutenant, but I can start off at unseated with this one and work my way up!
Well I was sleeping at the time this popped up but now I'm here (finally) And Expllo did pretty much nail most of it right so I may as well keep the answers simple.

1. I should address this in the OP/CS (glad someone asked so I could see this) but you would start around level 1 or 2, an average point if you will. In short the levels show the difference between a master of the skill and a noob (Something we struggled with on RPG. Hence...levels, which of course are still being worked on)

2. You could do it and well the levels are a good way of showing this and also just RPing in general. However skills are pretty much just that, skills (with the exception of Kido and Hoho ironically) Zanjutsu and Hakuda skills are more fancy flashy skills...I wouldn't say they reflect ones swordsmanship or hand to hand. This is different for Kido and Hoho of course. You could easily do what you said though x3 (*Drowns in water* Expllo said it might blow out of the water o.o)

1. It's defiantly good. I mean, I don't come to expect this from new people however by all means that's understandable.

1. Well we'd have to see it written up like Expllo said but I don't see any immediate problems, instead find this character more interesting than anything xD

If you've got any other questions on the new confusing stuff I've put in then just ask me and I will do my best to explain ^.^ I shall also make some changes to some things so people don't go through any of the same confusion ^.^

Well I know that much guys :P
I meant could you link me to the post on the other forum where you guys posted your CS so I could read over them, if it's not too much trouble haha.
We were sadly incredibly lazy for the most part T^T especially with the amount of characters I made, I got VERY lazy. (some you will see which will be returning, most will not xD) But as Zane said we really didn't keep things up to date there (if the site let us half the time I'm sure most would be) so yeah if you need rough run downs of characters we are more than happy to give them ^.^

Ultimate question post -

Skills

Plot

Misc.

Yeah whole power level thing is even confusing to me XD Even with explanations I still dont get it Xd

Yeah whole power level thing is even confusing to me XD Even with explanations I still dont get it Xd
Tis why I keep working on it and try improve it at the same time to hopefully make things easier to understand for everyone x3

Welp, this Bleach chapter just goes to show: Don't fucking explain your abilities!

Explain abilities? Who in their right mind would explain how a slap from a pillow would work? Tssss, amateurs.

^ Exactly! She gets it!

Good news everyone! I have located my old character, I'll start working on a CS now.

tumblr_inline_mr6wd35O3D1qz4rgp.gif

Good news everyone! I have located my old character, I'll start working on a CS now.
By the way, Hello and welcome RainyDays *Waves* ^_^ I'm Abi, one of the Co Gms and that's wonderful! Can't wait to see what you come up with :)

It's necessary in every situation.

-shoots self-

Who wants to go on a Hollow purge of justice with Neil.

me being fancy and referencing characters from rpguild ;)
you guys post really fast lol

Neil: HOW FAR DOES JUSTICE EXTEND!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.