Black Manor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serena found Julius inside his room in his bed, which ironically was a coffin. She smiled, patting his head and running a hand through his long hair. "Why must you lay down when there is so much to do?" Julius sat up, looking at Serena with a glare. "Why must you be so comfortable with me when you know I am not like you? Many people have feared me... Yet you declare that you're unafraid. Why is that, my sweet?" Serena giggled, sitting down across from Julius. "Because, my dear.. You're very special to me. It doesn't matter what you are.. It doesn't matter if you drink blood and thrive in the dark. As long as I have this vial of ashes around my neck, I will always own you."

Julius growled, biting on his finger and looking away. "When the day comes that you do not have that vial with you.. I will drain you dry. And then you will realize that you have been sadly mistaken when you thought that it was okay to torment and imprison me here."

Serena stood, rolling her eyes and shaking her head. "That, my love, will never happen."

As she left, Abigale entered through another door, looking around. "Hello, Julius. I couldn't help but overhear what Serena has said. Can I help?" Julius looked up at Abigale, sighing softly. "She hasn't figured out what you are, has she?" Abigale shook her head, smiling slightly to expose her fangs. "Not yet, though I fear in due time she will catch on to the secrets." Julius pushed his hair back behind his head, nodding. "Manipulate her into giving you the vial. Then you must return it to me. Without that, I cannot hurt her. As long as she is in possession of the vial.. Then I cannot leave here."

Abigale nodded, standing and looking towards the door. "Has she found the picture of you and her, yet?" Julius shook his head, picking up a pen and beginning to write. "She will if we don't stop her." Abigale nodded, chuckling slightly. "If only you would have accepted my offer to accompany me in matrimony over two decades ago, Julius.. Maybe then you wouldn't be in this predicament."

In the corner of the cell she was put in, Sazael stood in complete silence, listening to her surroundings. Being given a letter specified to her, following the instructions, and being pushed into a cell wasn't as bad as a normal person would think. It gave her time to ponder on random subjects or think about her life so far, which really wasn't a terrible way to spend her time here.

Eventually getting a bit tired of constant standing, she sat down, her back and head leaning against the wall. Thinking about it now, Sazael didn't even know how long she would be here. Surely not forever.... right? Yes, surely not. Once their research is over, she'd return to her normal life. As she thought this, she rubbed strands of her long hair between her index finger and thumb.

Serena unlocked the door, glaring at Spirit and Jarrett. She shook her head, unlocking the cell doors one by one and nodding to everyone. "Every door that leads outside is locked with a special key. So Jarrett's attempt to break out of here is sadly cut short. But now down to the business.." She handed a small box to everyone, looking over at Jarrett and handing him a box as well. "Every box has a key. As you exit this room, there will be a door that is open. Enter it. As soon as you enter the room, find the box that your key unlocks. A certain amount of them will reveal names. Others will reveal a blade. The names will show who gets a nasty cut, and who gets to cut someone. Have fun, darlings."

She walked out of the room, leaving the door open. Julius walked by, dancing with his skeleton and humming softly.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Sid's Box]: Contains a blade and Keith's name

[Keith's Box]: Contains the name: Sid.

[Ryan's Box]: Contains the name: Spirit.

[Spirit's Box]: Contains a blade and Ryan's name.

[Gladis' Box]: Contains a blade and the name: Georgio.

[Sazael's Box]: Contains a blade and her name.

[Jarrett's Box]: Contains a key that opens the next door.

Rules: Alright. So the rules are simple. The person that has the box with a blade and name must administer a cut to the person whose name is on the paper in their box. The person who has only a name in their box must receive a cut from the person whose name is on the paper. The key that is in one person's box will open a door to the next stage of the manor.

If a character gets a blade and their own name that will mean that they need to cut themselves. Any other players who did not receive a key or a box will have to prick their finger, pour some of the blood into a small vial on the table in the next room. They then will need to sign their name on a paper on the table.

Anyone to go against the rules of this stage will be sent to a room by themselves, where they will forced to escape by themselves.

Any person that tries to fight the person administering the cut will automatically be disqualified. They will then be dragged into another room by themselves, where there will be no food or water. You may hit and/or slap the person that cuts you.

The horror has just begun in Black Manor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keith listened to the woman, apparently Serena, telling them what the current rules were. He couldn't help the fact that he was staring at her face; he felt as if the two of them had met somewhere before. But he shook the feeling off, or tried to at least. Whether or not they had encountered eachother before was irrelevant now. What was important was what she was saying.

When she finished, Keith shook slightly; as much as he tried to stay positive, it was hard to make light of mutilating someone. Surely he couldn't do it. Alternatively, what if he was one of the people receiving a cut? That sounded slightly better, but the cut needed to be somewhere where his mother and sister wouldn't see it. Perhaps if it was on the inside of his forearm, it would be all right. Yes, that sounded doable.

Taking a deep breath to steady his nerves, Keith opened the box. Inside was a sheet of paper with the name "Sid". Keith looked at the others; who on Earth was Sid? There were a lot of males here, so it could be any one of them. Or maybe it was a girl's nickname, perhaps short for Sidney. Either way, some of the other boxes appeared to have blades in them, but Keith's did not. So he would be receiving a cut from this Sid, then? He sighed in relief and took off his jacket, rolling up his left shirtsleeve soon after in preparation.

Ryan stood still, immovable, as he listened to the rules of this challenge. His fists clenched, turning bony white as he heard about the blades and what had to be done to them. He wouldnt show it, but inside, he was terrified, Not of having to be cut, of course. He had been through much worse than a little cut. He was terrified that he might have to cut someone else. He wasnt sure if he could bring himself to do that to anyone in this room, especially...
His eyes fell on the girl who had been helped out of her cell by Jarrett. She had just lost her chance to leave now that Serena had walked in, and would likely have to be injured because of it. He slowly stepped out of his cell. One of the other men was already looking at the name he had. Ryan walked up to his box and cautiously looked inside. His sigh of relief was audible throughout the room. All he had been looking for was a blade, but luckily there was nothing there but a piece of paper. He pulled it out and read the name.

"Spirit"

That could only be her name. Of course it would be her. He thought about how she might handle this. Had she ever harmed anyone before? She didnt look like the type. She seemed too innocent. He rubbed his forehead and waited for her to find the blade and the piece of paper that inevitably had his name on it.

, red
Gu1ypJ4.gif

pONql8R.jpg

Georgio couldn't believe that Serena really wanted people to cut each other, he thought it was barbaric. What really got him fluster was when he realized that he didn't have a key or a box. Georgio now had to prick is finger; for some weird sadistic reason AND sign something. It probably was something that signed his life away. Another thing Georgio doesn't know if someone has his name in a box or not, he couldn't believe that any of this was real. As long as he got out of here Georgio would be ok. Georgio got up the courage to prick his finger, then he did as Serena said. The vial was creepy looking and the way his blood dripped in was even creepier. The thing that Georgio was really comfortable with was signing something he didn't know about. "I do not think I can sign something I have no idea about." Even in this situation Georgio wanted enough clarity to at least keep calm.

Sazael listened closely, taking note of every word the woman, Serena, said. The instructions were clear and were quite simple despite the fact that some people may get hurt. If she was lucky, she'd be the one getting cut. To be the one cutting, especially a stranger, it'd be a bad way to start off. However, she had only ever gotten scrapes or paper cuts, so she wondered if she'd be able to handle being cut by a blade. But then again, multiple times in the past, Sazael had seen her elder siblings cut themselves and they didn't show any signs of pain.

As Serena left, Sazael's eyes followed her out the door. A man came into sight through the door, dancing with a skeleton whilst humming. The view was a bit odd, but he seemed to be fairly enjoying himself. After a moment of watching him dance, Sazael glanced at the others near her before going to find her box. When she found it and opened the top, she saw a blade and her own name upon a piece of paper. The sight surprised her a bit. Had the woman made some kind of mistake? Did this mean she had to cut herself? She lifted the blade from the box and stared at it blankly.

Another moment passed as she continued her stare at the blade. If she had to choose where to cut herself, she'd rather do it in a place that wouldn't hinder her, which was her face. Her appearance didn't matter to her as much as the use of any other body part, so she began to lift the edge of the blade to her cheek horizontally.

Spirit's eyes almost bulged out of her head as.. Serena, walked into the room. Once the instructions were given, it felt as if a boulder slammed into her. This wasn't something she'd accept so well.. What if.. What if she were to be cut by someone else? Now, that may be a.. Little bit better, since she'd always gotten hurt by things whenever she went exploring. But she wasn't okay with hurting anyone other than herself. A man; Julius, was in eyesight as he pranced around whilst holding a skeleton. Well.. That obviously wasn't very reassuring, but Julius was enjoying himself at least.

The box was handed to her made her feel more nervous than she already was, but she really didn't show it. Her feet then carried her into the other room, grabbing a key and sliding it in, turning it slowly. Coincidentally, it opened, which made her relax only a bit. The name was held right beside the blade.. Ryan.. Who's that? Many men were held in that room with her. Finally after a minute, she walked back into the other room that had held them in cells and looked around at all of the men. "U-uh.. Ryan?" Her voice was barely audible, but loud enough for whoever was around them to hear. The blade was in her hand, clutching it with all her might.

In a sense, she shouldn't be nervous, her scared. This would have happened anyways, so she obviously should have expected this.

To his great surprise he felt himself be pushed forward and unceremoniously tripping through to doorway. He quickly turned but it was too late, the door had already shut, cutting off the rest of the light and making the room full of the indistinguishable darkness. He stood for a moment in blank-blatant shock, trying to comprehend his situation. He walked towards the direction he'd com in from and pushed against the door, it didn't budge no matter how hard he tried. He frowned at the darkness in thought as to what he should do now.
He paced within a few short parameters, though, thinking and planning had never been his strong suit so it caused him to gain a headache. He sighed and sat on the ground, unable to decide on his next course of action. He was smart enough to know getting fired up and angry at this turn of events would get him no where, he'd already accepted this was a reality and he just needed to fix it like usual.

At the sound of his name, Ryan winced. This was cruel. Why did it have to be her? He slowly stepped towards Spirit and looked at the ground in submission.

"That's me... I'm Ryan." He said, in as sturdy a voice as he could. "I'm sorry that you have to do this. Here..." He took off his suit jacket, showing his arms, then extended his left forearm to her and pointed at the back of it, tracing a line, avoiding any important veins and arteries. "Cut along this way. You'll want to do it quick." He looked up at the girl and studied her face. She seemed timid, almost scared. He tried to imagine what she looked like when she smiled. "Dont worry about it. Dont think about it. Just cut. I promise I wont make a noise."

He was barely managing to keep it together himself. He couldnt help but think about what was to come. If this was only the first challenge, how many more were there going to be? Would they be even worse than this one? What more would Spirit have to do? In that moment, Ryan made a silent promise to himself that if anyone was going to get out of here alive, it would be her.

Spirit stared at Ryan, not even paying attention to what he was saying. Of course she heard him, it just hadn't- Couldn't, be registered into her brain. It was like her brain shut down due to having tons of terrible emotions coming out from it, which made it just stop. Her hands shook, especially the one holding the blade.

Nearly a minute passed before she began moving once again, the blade risen to where he had shown her. But she couldn't cut him, it wasn't even right. "B.. But you don't want to get cut, a-and I don't want to cut you.." She murmured to herself, the blade resting on Ryan's skin. She let out a shaky breath before quickly cutting Ryan's skin, almost immediately dropping the blade and running into the farthest corner from the male. God, she felt terrible. Spirit's breaths came out quick as she slid down the wall, pulling her knees up to her chest and hiding her face.

She shouldn't have done that, she would have rather been taken to the room by herself than hurting someone else. Hell, she hadn't even looked back after she had cut him, she just ran and tried to hide within the room. "I-.. Am so sorry." She muttered over and over again, shaking her head every so often. Worse would be coming, and they needed to prepare. But she doesn't think she'll survive, no matter what. If she can't even cut someone, then obviously she's going to get killed soon enough. By another person, or by the room itself.

Julius walked through the door with Abigale, his body tense as he smelled the blood. Abigale rested a hand on his arm, a subtle way of hinting that things would be okay. Julius nodded, his body pressing against the door as he grabbed the vials of blood as well as the sheet of paper. He looked to Georgio, who still had his quill in hand. "I assume this is your vial." He smiled, writing down Georgio's name and nodding before grabbing the vial.

Abigale walked around, looking at everyone and nodding as she witnessed the cute boy named Ryan get cut by the native girl. "Pain is only fear leaving the body, everyone.. Serena will make it worse if we do not hurry this up! So by all means.. I beg you to hurry. Whether that means you are to cut or be cut.. Just make it quick."

Julius walked over to Spirit, sitting down slowly and moving her hand out of her face. "Shh. Necessity validates sadness... You must do what you can to ensure a survival of yourself and anyone else you hold dear, yes?" He pushed his long hair out of his face, revealing a scar that stood out from his very pale skin. "I learned too, though I'm afraid I have no soul. So ensuring my survival is pointless. Keep strong. He pulled her hair out of her face, nodding and standing. He leaned in close to her ear, whispering. "Maybe my blood runs cold for a reason.."

In one fluid motion, the blade slid across Sazael's cheek, drawing blood from a 3 inch cut from the middle of her left cheek to a few centimeters to the corner of her lips. The thick, red liquid dripped down her cheek , dripping from her jawline. At first, she felt no pain, but then it began to throb. Gradually, the throbbing turned into an indescribable pain. With the bloodied blade in her right han , she reached up and touched her cut cheek. Her hand became stained with blood and she immediately fell to her knees. It hurts, was all she could think.

When she looked around to the others, it appeared a girl had finished her deed by cutting the man. She seemed incredibly scared, or shocked about what just happened, but wjo could blame her? At least Sazael was "lucky" enough to get her own name. But even so, she couldn't stand the throbbing pain in her continously bleeding cheek.

Abigale walked towards the woman she guessed what the new arrival 'Sazael'. She grabbed a cloth, gently dabbing at the blood and holding back her urge to drink it. She sighed, shaking her head and frowning. "Sometimes I wonder if Serena even knows how bad this could be for people like me and Julius... If people find out what we are.. Well then they will never leave us be.. I'm sorry for all that she is putting you guys through." She smiled slightly, looking away before handing the girl the cloth and a small pill. "This will make it better."

Ryan cradled his arm gingerly, watching as Spirit ran away. He looked down at the cut. Luckily it wasnt too deep, but it was still bleeding quite a bit and he needed to keep it clean somehow. He looked over at his jacket, then after a short while, decided to tear off the left sleeve, wrapping it tightly around the cut. The sleeve quickly became soaked, but Ryan didnt mind. It was better than nothing. He put his jacket back on and watched as Julius walked over to Spirit. He hadn't noticed the two who had just walked in until now, but that didn't really peak his interest. Spirit's and his job was done, but with a penalty. She seemed petrified. He was unsure how he could comfort her. He contemplated telling her the promise he had made to himself, but then decided against it, unsure if that would scare her away or not. Instead, he waited until after Julius had whispered something in her ear and left, then he walked over to her and sat down beside her.

"Spirit... dont be sorry for this. Everything went the best way it could have. My arm is going to heal. You just need to get past this. I dont think any worse of you because of what you did. I now know that you're brave, and I'm sure you'll be the one to make it out of here." he gave her a reassuring smile, trying as hard as he could to believe it himself.

Spirit glanced up at Julius, listening to what he was saying. Once he left, almost instantly after that, Ryan came sitting down next to her. She immediately began to panic again, but listened to what the other male was saying. She shook her head, a small smile forming on her lips as she spoke "I'm not going to survive, just because I'm brave doesn't.. Doesn't mean that I'm going to ma-ke it..." She paused, continuing to shake her head. "B-being brave doesn't bring life.. Nor s-survival. I wouldn't do that again, or anything else like that.." She muttered before quickly turning a bit, wrapping her arms around Ryan and hugging him.

Normally she was like this if she couldn't control herself, and nothing would stop her. "We're all..- Her voice muffled, due to the fact that her face was practically nuzzled up to Ryan's chest. If she were more mature, she wouldn't have hugged him. Finally after a minute she pulled away "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." She quoted, having read it from a book several years ago. Of course, she couldn't remember whom had said it, but that didn't matter.

Julius walked back over to Abigale, a frown on his lips as he looked around the room. Abigale nodded, walking towards 'Spirit' and handing the cute man a thick handkerchief. "This will stop it better than that old coat." She held out a pill, nodding to him. "It helps with the pain.. Besides, you both need your strength for the next task. Hurry up with your chat and get in line for food." She stood, looking to Julius and clapping her hands.

"I expect you all to finish this massacre after food. Now.. In this establishment, Serena has told us that for you all to eat, you must pay a price.. Blood, that is.. Either you can give me and Julius your blood, or you can pour it into a vial as payment for the food. Trust me, you all will need it for the next task. Now who is first?" Julius walked over to Sazael, wiping up a small amount of blood from her cheek onto his finger. He licked it, nodding and handing her a tray of food. He leaned over, his long hair brushing against her face before he spoke in her ear. "Your soul speaks of despair, though I sense bravery and doubt hidden as well." He kissed her forehead slowly, nodding and stepping away. He resumed his position next to Abigale, rolling his eyes and pushing his hair away from his face, which showed the long scar. It wasn't something he cared about, though. Scars were meant as either punishment or a symbol of how far you will go for something. His was the latter.

Sazael, quite obviously startled, jumped once the cloth touched her face and looked directly at the woman who caused it. She was quite beautiful, almost making lose confidence, and she was kind. Or at least kind enough to tend to her. Sazael took the pill and the cloth gratefully and stood, putting the two into her pocket for later use. However, the woman's mumbling did bother her just a bit.

Just as she did so, the man, Julius, had walked over to her and wiped his finger across her cheek to gather blood before licking it off. The action caused her to flush slightly out of odd embarrassment.She was the handed a tray of food. When he leaned over and whispered into her ear, it only added to the redness in her face. His words surprised her in more ways then one, but the kiss as well took her by surprise.

Feeling a bit lost after that had all happened as quickly as it did, she stayed standing whilst eating.

Reactions: AbbieNoel
While waiting for this Sid person to call his name, Keith saw the young lady with a blade in her hand, seemingly more nervous than she had been up to this point. Keith barely refrained from tearing up at the sight; it was horrible to put someone like her through something like this. The nervous gentleman (who was Ryan, as he had responded to the mention of his name) put his arm out, preparing himself to get cut in the same place that Keith was planning to receive his own cut. Another girl that had just appeared was apparently preparing to cut her own cheek. Did these people care so little for their "prisoners" that they were willing to make this girl harm herself? He actually felt his hands clench up at the thought.

No, Keith, don't do this. Calm down, okay? The minute you let your unhappiness get the better of you, you might as well give up then and there. You're happy, got it? Not happy that this is all happening, of course, but happy that it isn't too bad yet. So just smile weakly, like this situation is only mildly wrong. You're happy. Just keep saying it, and you'll calm down.

These thoughts felt familiar, but not in a good way. But they were right; he had to stay strong, to stay happy, in order to keep his wits about him. With hopefully unnoticed effort, he forced his hands to relax and his smile to remain in place. It actually helped to see Julius and Ryan attempt to comfort the young lady. In a sense, it made the situation feel more hopeful. There, see? No problems at all. Just keep thinking positively, and you'll be out in no time.

Suddenly, Keith noticed that the activity had been paused because a meal was being served, one that was apparently necessary for the next challenge. But it seemed he would have to pay for it in blood. He didn't necessarily feel like eating, but he would do it if it was necessary. Looking up at Julius and the girl in the black dress next to him, he put his hand out respectfully to them. "May I?"

Julius looked to Abigale, slowly pulling out a needle and pricking Keith's finger. Abigale wrote down Keith's name, looking over at him with a frown. "I'm sure you can see that Julius and I hate doing this.. But Serena is in charge.." She sighed, shaking her head and pushing her black hair out of her face. "But soon.. Things will change. We are here to help you all.. Serena doesn't want all of you to get out. But we will help.. I promise you; All of you will get out of here."

Julius nodded, smiling slowly at Sazael and looking down at his hands. He brushed his long, gray hair away and walked toward her again, reaching up and putting pressure on the wound on her face. He pulled out a small herb, pushing it into her mouth and putting a finger to his lips. "Sometimes nature is a better remedy than pills. Besides.. I want you to win."

Status
Not open for further replies.