Black Manor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sid shook his head. He had a feeling this was going to happen. Well, more along the lines of him having a feeling that something was going to happen. He didn't have a clue that they all were going to be locked up. He took a puff of his cigarette and listened in to this twit that acted strange.

Was that his own blood he just drank? Absurd, Vampires never existed. So therefore the man must be crazy. "You're a twit. We arn't getting out without giving something in return for our freedom. Nothing is free is this world anyway." he said to Julius. He then stood up and moved to the bars and dropped his cigarette outside of them.

Serena lead the new arrival to a secret door that opened to one of the cells. She paid him before pushing him in, smiling happily and locking the door. "Have fun!" Abigale appeared behind her, her body shifting slowly before she grabbed tightly onto Serena's neck. "You know I could devour your soul... I could take your life. Would you accept?" Serena gasped for air, shaking her head and trying desperately to pry Abigale's fingers off her throat. "Let... Me.. GO!" Abigale let go, giggling and looking towards the hidden door. "Let them out. Or lest it be you that pay.." Serena smirked, walking away. "Not a chance."

, red
Gu1ypJ4.gif

Georgio couldn't wait to find out what this "study" was going to be about. Georgio liked to help, he didn't really care about the money. Though who would ever turn down free money? Georgio skipped down the street following the directions. It was a cold night, but Georgio was too excited to notice. Every time he passed someone he tilted his hat off to them; being the gentleman he was. Georgio looked at the letter, this was the place. It had a creepy look about it but Georgio didn't pay the outside no mind. Most places like this had an amazing inside.

Georgio walked up to the big door. He knocked three times, then he stopped and knocked two more times; at the same time whistling. Georgio had a giant grin on his face ear to ear. He couldn't wait to see what was in store for him tonight.

Serena answered the door as one of the last people arrived. She smiled, nodding and signing off his him. "Welcome, Georgio. I assume you know what is to happen?" She handed him twenty shillings, grinning and leading him to the secret door. "Here is where everyone else is housed for the study. It has to deal with cells." And with that, she pushed him into the cell, quickly shutting and locking the door. "Have fun with everyone else! Maybe they can explain!" She giggled, walking away to find Julius. "Maybe he can explain what I heard him saying to our guests.."

Keith looked at the brown-haired man's cigarette, wishing he could dispose of it properly, but he was unable to reach it from this distance. It seemed he would have to turn his interests to other areas for the time being. The message, for example, interested him greatly. It would be very helpful to have an ally in this place, especially if that talk about killing and manipulation was true after all. Turning to the young lady, he said, "Ah, pardon me. Would you move the paper a bit closer? The most I can see from here is the 'fI', which I imagine is a scrambled 'If', and 'oy', which...hm, well, I'm not too sure about that one, actu–"

His words were interrupted by the sounds of people falling, or being pushed, into the room. Keith could not see them as well as he wanted, but he was able to attain certain details. They were both male, and within the same age group, as far as he could tell. One wore white robes and had long hair, while the other wore a top hat that looked like a clock tower. He was certain they were both uninformed of the potentially true nature of this "experiment". After all, if the people he was with now hadn't known beforehand (including himself), why would these two not be the same? He decided to wait until the men had fully come to terms with their surroundings before speaking to them.

Reactions: Oriole
Jarrett decided that this was the time to come out of the trap door he had made in the floor. Popping up in front of a man that was looking down at a drawing, he smiled. "Welcome to the worst place to be. Need any help? I can tell you about everyone in this place, and I can find a way out.. I just dug into another level of the building. I think we can explore there, if you'd like." He smiled, sitting down on the cell floor and opening the secret trap door. "Abigale was nice enough to tell you about me and Julius. He's an awesome guy. But the real evil one is Serena. Avoid her at all costs."

Everything was happening too fast, Spirit couldn't exactly tell what was happening.

First, the cells. then the women, the guys, the skeleton, trapdoors, just.. Everything. Then the two new arrivals were thrown into cells, which made her a bit curious. She stood up and walked toward the front of her cell, looking around at the cells, to the paper. After a few moments, she began to think of possible ways of getting out. What had the books told her to do.. What had they said... "Uh.. S-since we're.. Going to be here fo-r..." She paused before sighing, knowing that she didn't have enough confidence to finish her sentence so she just walked back to the corner of her cell, sitting back down as she had before. Maybe she should just try to sleep, that seemed like a nice idea.

But she would wait for another... Ten minutes, just in case anyone else shows up.

, red
Gu1ypJ4.gif

At first Georgio thought this was a joke but he soon realized that this was really the "study". He looked around and saw a lot of other people were in their own respective cages. Georgio then noticed that one girl was about to talk, but then she stopped talking. Seeing that everyone was quiet and depressed being the guy he was, Georgio knew he had to do something to cheer them up a little. "Hey everyone! My name is Georgio, what are your names?" He could at least get some kind of conversation going. Before anyone could say anything, some weird guy came out of the ground? Telling one guy, how he could get him out. "Ummm...excuse me, but what do you mean by evil? Does she not pay taxes or not recycle?" Georgio gave a big grin, even in these situations he still could come up with a joke and a laugh.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Ryan sighed, then stood up and walked over to the front of his cell, eyeing off Georgio, then the other man who was still sitting on the ground. He looked down at the man who had suddenly shown up.

"That's great that you've found a way out, and all, but how are we going to get out of here?" He kicked the bars. "Have you thought that far ahead?" Ryan was becoming more and more impatient. He did, after all, hate being tricked. He needed to keep his senses about him from now on. "You wouldn't happen to have keys or anything, would you? Or know how to get them?"

Things were happening rather quickly, but Ryan made sure he was up to speed with everything that was going on, throwing it out of his mind if it made no sense. The moment he became confused or disorientated, would be the moment he's at his weakest, as it would be for everyone. He needed to keep the impression that he wasn't going down easily, if this become a free-for-all. He was already thinking ahead about what might cause that and what might happen in that situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jarrett looked to the desk, smiling viciously. "I can always find the keys, you know." He was rather disgusted with how the men were acting; Instead, he got up out of the trap door and hitting a part of the cell that housed the woman. A giant piece fell, and he looked to the men, nodding. "I need her help to find the keys.. Don't cause too much noise or she will hear us." He grabbed the woman's hand, smiling slightly and dragging her out. "You seem to be smarter than the others here.. Maybe we can figure out the puzzles on the lower level."

Spirit nearly jumped out of her skin as the metal fell, having not been paying attention to what was happening made her quite weary of her surrounding. Her eyes wide as the male slipped into her cell, grabbing her hand and practically dragging her out "What?" Was the only thing that was able to come out of her mouth, the shock taking its course. This was weird, yet a bit funny if you think about it. "Um.. How're you so sure that I'm smarter than all the others? I mean.. I could possibly the most idiotic and stupid one here." She stated as a matter of fact, for once she wasn't stuttering which was quite surprising. Her statement wasn't exactly true, because it seemed as if everyone that was being held against their will were smart. So who knows, one of these guys could easily overrun her when it comes to being 'Smart.'. "And.. What puzzles?"

Keith hadn't seen the mysterious man coming out of the floor until he was in front of the young lady's cell. While he didn't necessarily appreciate the insult to his intelligence, he couldn't be certain that the man was wrong; something about the girl made one think she knew something that no one else knew. The nervous gentleman seemed smart as well, but his unease wasn't exactly comforting, and the brown-haired man didn't seem to want to be of any help. Keith had no idea what to think of the top-hatted man and the white-robed man, and of course, he knew he was not intelligent enough to be of much help. Overall, the mysterious man had made an understandable choice.

As for the young lady's question of "What puzzles?", Keith was curious as well. Puzzles and riddles, while not necessarily his forte, had interested him as a child. He knew many of them inside out. This was mostly due to his sister, who had a true fondness for them, even to this day. His sister was probably waiting for him at home now. She often worked longer than he did (by her request), but she would usually have gotten home by this point. He felt bad about keeping her waiting, so he promised himself that for her sake, he would get out soon.

Keith wanted to offer his help in some way, but something told him the mysterious man didn't want to hear it. He clearly felt the young lady was the only person necessary for the opportunity to grab the keys. But Keith couldn't just say nothing, either; the young lady looked so nervous. Whispering so only she would hear, Keith said, "Whatever it is, I'm sure you can do it, so don't worry."

Reactions: Hermit
Jarrett glanced to the man in the next cell, looking towards the desk. He ran over to it quickly, pulling out a small book and returning. He opened one page, pointing to an elaborate puzzle that played on words and shapes. "See? There are so many like this down there. Of course Serena couldn't have made these.. Julius most surely did.. But by now he's uninterested in it."

Julius entered at that moment, his body slowly walking towards the cells with keys. He veered away from the cells suddenly, walking to the wall and sliding a key in a hidden crack. Suddenly trays of food and a glasses of water were pushed through holes from the opposite side of the wall. One by one, Julius handed the trays out, ignoring the fact that the woman was outside of her cell.

He looked to Jarrett, nodding. "Would you like a piece of bread?" Jarrett was practically drooling. He nodded yes, holding out his hand. "I'll pay the fee right now." Julius smiled, piercing his hand with his nail and licking up the blood that flowed. After a few moments he stopped, pushing Jarrett's hand away and frowning. "If only I could describe the way your soul and life essence tastes... " He pushed the trays under the cells for the remaining men, handing a tray to the woman and walking towards the door. "You may want to hurry before Serena comes back and sees you out of your cell.. She's known to whip for that." He then shut the door, and a click of the lock was heard.

Jarrett quickly ate his bread, looking down at his bleeding hand. "Sometimes you have to pay for what you need."

"What the hell? You pay for your food in blood!?" Ryan looked at Jarrett with a look between pity and horror. "Why do you stay here if you are to live like this?"

He looked down at his own tray. he knew that he didn't have to pay with his blood now, but he had a nagging feeling that he may have to pay later. He looked back at Jarrett. "Tell us what you know. Some of us have families. We need as much information as we can if we are to get back to them! Is there not any other way you can help us other than leading this girl through a bunch of mazes and puzzles?" He motioned towards Spirit as he said this. "Please. If there is anything that the rest of us can do to assist you in getting us all out of here alive, tell us what to do."

Keith didn't necessarily want to say it, but for the most part, he shared the nervous gentleman's sentiments. Why would someone choose live in such unfortunate circumstances? Did the mysterious man have nowhere else to go? And it was true that there were people with families here; Keith himself could attest to that. Most prominently, Keith truly wanted to be of help, to contribute to their efforts of escape. However, there was probably a reason why the mysterious man had chosen to go underground rather than finding an escape route through the house.

"Is it that the house is more dangerous? Is that why you believe our best escape route is underground? Or do you not know the layout of the house yourself?" Keith was not asking to be pushy; he was just curious, and he tried to show it in his voice. "I don't think any of us wish to impose upon you, and I doubt you'll want our assistance. But if you could tell us what precisely is going on in this house, I would be very much appreciative."

, red
Gu1ypJ4.gif

For the first time in forever, Georgio had no witty comeback for this situation. Did this creepy troll boy just cut his hand for a damn piece of bread? "Did you just do that?! What the fuck is going on? Wait...this is some prank. Ah yes! That's what is going on here a damn prank." Georgio started to laugh out loud, not paying attention to anything around him, this couldn't possibly be real right? Georgio started to speak in French; he only did that when he was trying to rationalize things that were happening around him. "Ce est stupide et ridicule." (This is stupid and ridiculous).

Spirit had a small red hue dusting over her cheeks as everyone started speaking, although it was nice for the short blonde-haired to say those words, she just wanted to seriously get out of here. As of right now, she would do anything. But, she knew she wouldn't be able to verbally speak due to her shyness. Once the French man began speaking, she could hear the.. Nervous tone laced within his words, making her smile a bit. She walked over to his cell, reaching her hand through the small bars and patting his head. "Calm down.." She murmured, only so he could hear. Although, she was sure that people close enough to them, could hear. It didn't bother her, she just.. Still didn't like being in front of so many people at once.

It was weird that the guy had to give.. Julius? -Was that his name? Yeah, she was pretty sure it was- His blood. Spirit had set her food down, not exactly wanting to eat because she knew she wouldn't be able to keep it down.

Her gaze stared at the male whom had given his blood to the other guy, quite curious. How long had he been living here? It seemed like a while, due to the wrinkled clothes, tousled hair... Of course, she wouldn't ask, but that doesn't mean that she wouldn't verbally think it. Man, this was a very confusing place, and obviously very dangerous. All of them could die if they made the wrong move, since Miss Serena obviously was a very crazed woman.

• Love
Reactions: Justin
Jarrett looked down at his bread, frowning. "Uh.. Serena killed my family a couple of years ago.. I got locked in here and I finally escaped when Julius helped me. Serena found out and captured me again and then whipped Julius. I.. I'm not sure how to get out except for the hidden door downstairs. But you guys probably won't be interested in it. I'm not sure if the rest of the house is dangerous.. But they keep this room locked every minute unless they are here."

He huffed out a breath, sitting down on the floor. "My name is Jarrett. Julius isn't a bad guy, honestly.. Except I've found some items downstairs which make me believe that he isn't normal.. See, I found some paintings of him and a young lady. But he still looks the same. The paintings are dated forty years ago."

, red
Gu1ypJ4.gif

pONql8R.jpg

Georgio didn't know what to think when the girl came over to him. She patted his head, at first he was confused. A few seconds later he was calm. Something about the girl who seemed to be shy, but she still came over to him to calm HIM down; made Georgio feel better. "Thank you for that...beautiful lady." Georgio was back to his fun loving optimistic self again. To give him some credit that was the longest time Georgio ever was hysteric before in a long time. "So...Jarrett is it? Ah do you think you can get us all out of here?" Georgio put on his biggest smile ever. Right now he just cared about getting everyone out of this place, he would rationalize this whole thing when he was home and safe.

Keith mulled over the new information. The door to the room was locked unless the residents were home...that could prove useful. Their only escape other than that was a hidden door downstairs, apparently only accessible after solving multiple puzzles...interesting. The mysterious man's name was Jarrett, and his family was murdered by Serena, who Keith assumed was the lady who had welcomed him...poor fellow. And the odd man with long hair was probably Julius, whose appearance had apparently not changed for forty years...how odd. A man that drank blood and never seemed to age...a vampire maybe? Keith was willing to believe in vampires, but he believed that the animalistic types who had shed their own humanity for the sake of hunger–as vilified in various legends–were a rare breed indeed, so it wasn't so difficult for him to think Julius could be a vampire. But who was the lady in the picture that Jarrett spoke of? This was all so curious.

With a start, he realized that the young lady seemed more nervous now that multiple people were speaking at once, and the top-hatted man who had called himself Georgio was saying something to himself in French. Though Keith did plan to be an interpreter of foreign languages, he was not particularly good at it yet, only catching the words for "stupid" and "ridiculous". Nevertheless, he could infer what the other words meant. The young lady went over to comfort him, and Keith smiled; she was such a nice person. In any case, he decided it might be better to be a bit more quiet, not only to avoid suspicion from Serena, but to avoid bombarding Jarrett unnecessarily. He looked at the food given to him, but decided he could eat when he got home. When, of course, and not if.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.