Beyond the Fence

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rick shook his head. "Nope. It's gonna be our secret. After you're done eating, you and Phoebe can come with me. I want to show this to you." Phoebe bit her lip at Rick's happy smile and determined eyes. She felt like now she had to go with him. It would be rude if she didn't, right? The brunette nearly wanted to shake her head. Since when did she think about being rude? Since when did she become part of a group?!

Noah smiled faintly. "Okay." He looked at Pheobe, raising a slight eyebrow as if waiting for her answer. He was mostly done with his breakfast, and at this point he decided it was a good time to take another bite.
And so he did.
And it was delicious.

Rick looked to Phoebe expectantly. She shifted a bit uncomfortably before sighing. "Alright. Let's go see this secret." She shoved the rest of her food into her mouth before standing up, getting ready to go. Rick gave a small cheer before stacking their plates and putting them in the washing area, quickly leading them through the house. They were led down below into a hatch that led into the concrete below them. A medium sized room came into view once Rick lit the lamps scattered around the room. Small comic books and old pieces of literature littered the floor, a few strange toys scattered here and there.

Noah looked around. "Huh...what is this stuff?" He asked curiously, looking at the comics, but not touching them. He then turned his attention to the toys, kneeling beside them, but again, not daring to touch them.

"This is ancient stuff, isn't it? From before the Utopias?" Phoebe asked, picking up a comic. She looked through it, raising an eyebrow at the man in blue tights using what seemed to be a version of powers. She raised put it down to pick up a toy, which seemed to be a stuffed dog toy. "How did you find this?" She looked over at Rick.

"There was a hatch leading down here, and I checked out the rest of the old concrete home." Rick smiled, sitting down and grabbing a comic.

"Cool.." Noah sat down, picking up a comic about a man with a purple costume and a bow. He opened it, looking carefully through the pages. "This stuff is really cool...do you think there's more hidden around out here?" He asked Rick curiously, interested.

"I haven't tried exploring the rest of the place." Rick said, shrugging. "I usually haven't had much time to. However, this area is cool, isn't it? It's got all this old stuff. Isn't it weird that people used to read these things? And children used to play with these toys... Do these look like anything you have in the Utopia?" The boy asked, red eyes full of curiosity and excitement. Phoebe took a doll off of the floor, turning it around curiously.

"Sort of? Kinda....Some of them, but most of them don't." He said as he set that comic down and picked up another one. Just colored pictures on paper...it was so simple, and yet, it was interesting. The bright colors and changing pictures drew your attention in, each page a string of actions represented in little picture boxes. it intrigued him.

"Only sort of? Man, maybe they saw something bad in awesome stuff like this." Rick picked up a comic and smiled. "Hey, come over here! It's like the three of us!" He pointed to a trio of people, two being superheroes and one being a reporter woman. "See, this would be you, Phoebe. I would be the guy on the left, and you, Noah, would be the guy in the middle! We'd be like a pair of super people and Phoebe would be our damsel in distress!" He smiled largely as he looked over at Phoebe.

The brunette was not impressed. She quickly shook her head. "No way. I am not some damsel you two need to save." She crossed her arms across her chest.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Noah laughed softly. "If anything I'm probably the 'damsel in distress'" He said, putting air quotes around his words. He put down his comic and moved beside Rick to look over the comic he was holding. "Who's it about?" He asked curiously, studying the figures on the cover.

Rick pouted when Phoebe denied her role. "Well, it's about a superhero and his sidekick, I can't remember the names, and this reporter lady who keeps trying to figure out just who they are and why they are here. They save this city called Metropolis a lot." The boy flipped through the comic, smiling. "This was one of the first things I found."

"That's cool." He said. "Metropolis...does it say in the book what their name is?" He said, picking up another with a guy in a red suit. "Why is there a spider on his chest?" Noah asked, looking a little confused as he opened it, glancing through it.

"Doesn't look like it. Oh, that's Spider-Man. He has spider powers." Rick smiled, gently putting the other comic down. Phoebe glanced around at the place, letting out a low whistle.

"So, nobody else has found this? Not even the others in the group?" She asked, tilting her head. Rick shook his head, picking up another comic.

"Nope. Just you two and myself." Rick spun around before sitting down.

"Cool." Noah looked over at Pheobe. "Come over here and look at this...this guy can climb walls and stuff!" Noah chuckled softly, patting the ground beside him as he turned to the first page to actually try and read it.

"Maybe later, I'm going to check more of this place out..." Phoebe looked around at her surroundings, taking a lamp with her. She wanted to see more of the place, hopefully find more things like Rick had found. Rick shook his head as Phoebe left, going back to the comic book to read it with Noah.

Noah watched her a moment, tempted to follow, but the comic books seemed to draw him in. He read through the Spiderman comic. He picked up another with a strange guy in a blue suit and a red S. He read the title. "Super..man." He smirked, chuckling softly. "Superman? That sounds kinda funny." He said, looking through the book before starting on the first page to read.

"I know, right?" Rick smiled as he continued to read, enjoying the quiet time. After a fair amount of time, Phoebe came back, looking excited. "Hey, guys, come on, I found something!" She gestured for them to follow and ran off, obviously very excited about what was happening. Rick looked between Noah and Phoebe before putting the comic book down and running after her.

Noah jumped slightly as Pheobe returned. He jumped to his feet, chasing after Pheobe and Rick, curious to what Phoebe had found. He could already feel excitement in his veins as he wondered what she had found. What in the world could she be so excited about?!

Phoebe stopped once she got to a certain room. "Get ready..." She flipped a switch on the wall and large lights turned on, brighter than one would expect. In the room was pictures all over the walls and bookshelves where there weren't pictures. Phoebe seemed to like that the room had lights and the books. "Isn't this so cool? Maybe they have a book on the stuff of the old times!" She smiled as she spun in a circle in the middle of the room.

"Woah..." Noah said quietly. It almost reminded him of the old pictures of libraries in the Utopias. "This is cool.." He said, going over to one of the books and pulling it off the shelf. Facts of the American Civil War. "That's a weird title...American Civil War?" He opened it and dust flew out. He coughed softly. "Well then..."

Status
Not open for further replies.