Beyond the Fence

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

• WELCOME TO IWAKU, QUOTEV REFUGEES ◉◇◉
    A site made for roleplay is way cooler we promise <3
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Alright, we'll take her with us, don't worry..." The Protector looked over at Phoebe and gestured for her to come with. She stood up hesitantly, not wanting to go. She quickly moved to Noah's side, wiping away her tears furiously. The alarmed thoughts of Max's group started to filter in as they realized what was happening. The Protector led the two teenagers toward a hidden transport vehicle, looking almost like a tank though it didn't touch the ground. Phoebe nearly whimpered at the sight, the large hulking metal looking way too new to be part of the ancient buildings and things.

Noah hugged Pheobe tightly. He didn't want anyone to get hurt. He looked at the Protector and he felt a sudden bubbling of hate, though, he didn't show it. "A-are we going home now?"

"Of course, step right inside. The doctors will look you and your friend over for any injuries or anything bad in your bodies." The Protector smiled as he led them onto the strange vehicle. Doctors in bright white immediately started to look them over, poking and prodding as they tried to figure out if anything was wrong with these children.

Noah wriggled around as they looked him over. "Ow.." He whimpered slightly as one of them poked pretty hard on a bad bruise on his arm. He looked over at Pheobe, hoping she was faring well.

Phoebe was completely out of place, surprised that the doctors could find so many sore spots and such. She looked over at Noah, unsure how to act or what to do. The doctors moved them to different compartments, asking them to strip to their underwear so they could fix all of the bruises and cuts they could have developed in their time outside of the Utopia.

Noah sighed softly. He hated this. He peeled off his shirt. He was surprised to see the small gash running across his chest and the several bruises there. Did he get those running the other day, or when he was messing around outside? He couldn't remember. They hurt...but in the same way, they were kinda interesting. He was brought out of his thoughts when a doctor cleared his throat. "Sorry..." Noah mumbled, continuing to undress.

At first Phoebe had outright refused to take off her clothes, but eventually they managed to get her to take them off, leaving her in her underwear before giving her a full checkup. Afterwards they dressed her in new clothes, the Utopian uniform of green, and sent her back into the main room with Noah. She was shivering a little, the clothes not as warm as her other ones.

Noah turned as Pheobe walked in. He hugged her tightly. His eyes were still red from crying, but he looked okay now. "Are you okay?" he asked softly, looking closely into her eyes.

"I'm fine... just..." She glanced back at the different workers getting things ready. Phoebe leaned over and whispered. "Exposed. These clothes are so thin, and they poked more than I would have liked them to." She leaned into the hug, glad that at least she could share body warmth if anything. "This is so weird... I can't believe I'm going to the Utopia..." She couldn't believe they bought that story. They must have been either stupider or more oblivious than she thought.

Noah rubbed her back softly. One of the doctors nudged him and, still hugging Pheobe, he backed into a seat, pulling her softly so that she'd end up sitting beside her. "Don't worry, when we get to the Utopia it'll be warmer. Climate control I believe." He said. He wondered what his parents would do...then it hit him. What would they do with Pheobe?! He tensed just barely, looking over at them. Could he convince them to let her stay with him? His parents wouldn't mind...being the youngest and all, his brothers out of the house almost all the time, he knew they'd enjoy having someone else to care for...but would the Protectors allow it?

"Weird..." Phoebe closed her eyes as they started to move, holding onto Noah tightly. She had never been in any type of vehicles before, so this was way too new and way to different. She took a deep breath, not looking at the Protector who was walking over to them.

"We took a DNA scan of her blood, and we found no matches in any of the Utopias." He told Noah. "Are you sure she is really from a Utopia?" Phoebe didn't want to deal with this crap. She just wanted to sleep!

He nodded. "Absolutely sure." He said, holding her close. "I know she is." He said, looking up at him. "She gets to stay with me, right?" He said, fear trickling through him that they wouldn't let her. He couldn't lose her...not now. He'd fight them if he had to.

"I'm sorry, son, but we have to take her with us. We need to make sure she isn't just influencing you or something like that." The Protector sounded genuinely sad that the boy had to go through any of this, but it was a necessary evil to make sure that no threats made it into the Utopias. "I doubt she'll be placed in your home, your parents have already had their limit of kids when you were born... She'll probably be sent to the Outer." The Protector nearly winced at the mere mention of the place. It was one of the first Utopias they tried to build, but had quickly been replaced. Now, most of the people who failed to comply with the Protectors and the Giants were sent there.

Noah tensed, gently removing his arms from Pheobe. "And if I disagreed? What if I don't comply?" He asked, glaring up at the protector. He wouldn't allow them to take her anywhere away from him. He wasn't going to let them hurt her, or send her away. She was staying right beside him, and he would do anything to make sure of that.

The Protector sighed. "Son, she is a girl we found in the Outside that we don't know anything about. We need to take all the necessary precautions to keep everyone safe. She isn't even your Match so you don't need to worry about her! The Matching ceremonies are coming up soon, so you can forget all about her and meet the girl who was meant for you..." He put a hand on Noah's shoulder, giving it a squeeze.

Phoebe hated it. She could hear all the thoughts in the heads of the people, her tired mind not able to block them out. What they thought about her, about her kind... it sickened her.

"I don't care about matches. They're stupid and boring." He said, crossing his arms and sitting defiantly. "I'm not going anywhere unless Pheobe goes with me." He said, his eyes almost daring them to do something to him. He was already trying to come up with a plan to escape. They won't take her...I won't let them.. He thought to himself. It made him even more angry at them. Why would they take an innocent person and instill so much fear, just to shove them somewhere that's not even safe in their opinion!!??

"I'm sorry, but procedures are procedures... You just need to-" The Protector was interrupted by a scream. Phoebe looked extremely fearful at a large man in a white suit. He had flawless skin and a head of graying hair. His eyes seemed cold, hard. The girl had obviously seen him before, that much was for sure. The man didn't look surprised by the scream. He almost expected it in a sense.

Noah turned. "Pheobe..." He said, standing between them to block her sight. He looked concerned, his hands gentle on her shoulders. "Shh...What's wrong?" Why are you afraid of him? He thought clearly.

"He... He hunts..." She couldn't say us. They would shoot her faster than she could blink. "She hunts them." She finally managed, wishing she didn't have to call the others, no matter how untrustworthy some were, a them. The new man chuckled at Phoebe, walking over towards her and Noah.

"Yes, I do hunt the creatures that live outside our domes. I hope to finally free ourselves from the cage those... beasts forced us into." The man said, looking Phoebe in the eyes. "You have interesting eyes girl... If it weren't for your hair and skin, I would think you were an albino with eyes like those. Instead, you are...?" He seemed to wait for her to tell him who she was.

Noah sat down beside her again, hugging her close, his head on her shoulder. He wouldn't go anywhere without her. They'd have to knock him out, possibly kill him, if they wanted to take her away. He wouldn't let them. His mind wandered away from the people speaking and wandered to what could happen. How could they escape? How could he protect her? Was this all his fault? Did he bring them both to their death? He knew better. No...I found a new future. He fed his hope off that.

Status
Not open for further replies.