Beginning of the end-Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay OOC (SIGNUPS CLOSED)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: PureKor
Exactly xD. That's why I invited him in .. I thought he will be a very interesting person added to our crazy group xD

@Jessica2477 Do you have any ideas for what to with my Desi ?:)

Elliot shall carry her to the couch and Elia can get her some water :3

Feel free to shut him down if you feel he is a little too far out there. I can make something a little more pleasant if need be.

2je2zcw.jpg

Name: Ryder Vaine

Nicknames: Patient 27

Place of birth/nationality: USA, Oregon

Weight: 128lbs

Height: 5'9''

Personality: Ryder is a rather unstable individual. Always whispering in a hushed voice, sometimes to beings that can not be seen. Within those silent murmurs jumbled words remain, confusion taking to those who listen to the mad man's words. What's most curious is the phrase he is often heard speaking, 'find the light', just as he refers to the undead as 'shadows'. He is neither a shy, nor bound to morals. A mysterious figure, that simply carries the air of danger. However, within these lands he can be found rather passive around other living beings, perhaps due to some deep down loneliness. More so, he holds an abnormal attraction to shiny objects or peculiar trinkets.

Likes: Music, Shiny objects, Trinkets, Being trusted, Being cared for, Setting traps, Stars, The Chaos, Staring

Dislikes: Being avoided, Other's fear, Isolation, Theft, Betrayal, Abandonment

Weapon of choice: Ryder is a hunter of the fields, as such he is used to working with little more than a knife. Hence, any sharp object within reach is preferable. However, he has been known to set traps when capable.

Bio: A family of hunters, that is the lifestyle Ryder was born to uphold. Raised alongside two brothers, it was always a competition to get their parent's attention. Something that Ryder himself, desperately wished to obtain. Perhaps, too much so, as by the time he turned sixteen, his parents planned to rid themselves of the minor annoyance whilst feigning ignorance. Told that this last trial was to prove himself as a true hunter, he was taken far out past the mountains, and into the depths of the forests. Told again, to remain here, using only his skills to survive for a mere three days, in which they would return for him.

But three days, turned into three months, and then, three years. For those three years, he survived in the wilderness, refusing to accept that he had been abandoned. That state of solitude, gnawing away at his sanity as he prayed nothing more than to have company. Only so much comfort could be had with the lone conversations he grew so used to having. Finally, he would leave this place in search for his home once more. He desired nothing more than to think that his parents did not abandon him, perhaps misfortune fell upon them..

At last, civilization was reached, he emerged from the forest in Western Montana. But, his search ended quite abruptly, seeing as the police picked up Ryder due to his suspicious mannerisms and strange attire. Not soon after that, would he be admitted to an Institution. For another four years, Ryder was held. One by one priests would come in attempt to calm his sanity as he cried out, but non triumphed. He sought nothing more than acceptance, quickly taking on their words but still muttering uncontrollably in an adaption of madness as they gave up on him. What became worse, is part way through the year he began to scream out "Don't leave me Mom.", a strange pearl resting in his hands. He denied any other to touch it, to the point of even violence, in which they responded by placing him in lockdown.

However, as the year came to a close, his lead doctor heard news of a transfer. She was to be stationed within another Institute on the Eastern Coast. Refusal to give up the only individual he could rely on to be constant, Ryder became more deranged. In attempt to calm his outbursts, they transferred him as well under her name. But as hell would have it, not long after the transfer, everything turned dark. Fear spread quickly, and vastly throughout the place. Word of the dead walking, haunted their minds. Within a weeks time, the patients were released into the world, doctors desiring to hide themselves within the building with the supplies whilst ridding themselves of the extra mouths. Again, Ryder found himself alone within the world.

Extra info: After years of screaming, his voice has grown coarse, though it still retains a mildly high pitch tone.[/hr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Feel free to shut him down if you feel he is a little too far out there. I can make something a little more pleasant if need be.

2je2zcw.jpg

Name: Ryder Vaine

Nicknames: Patient 27

Place of birth/nationality: USA, Oregon

Weight: 128lbs

Height: 5'9''

Personality: Ryder is a rather unstable individual. Always whispering in a hushed voice, sometimes to beings that can not be seen. Within those silent murmurs jumbled words remain, confusion taking to those who listen to the mad man's words. What's most curious is the phrase he is often heard speaking, 'find the light', just as he refers to the undead as 'shadows'. He is neither a shy, nor bound to morals. A mysterious figure, that simply carries the air of danger. However, within these lands he can be found rather passive around other living beings, perhaps due to some deep down loneliness. More so, he holds an abnormal attraction to shiny objects or peculiar trinkets.

Likes: Music, Shiny objects, Trinkets, Being trusted, Being cared for, Setting traps, Stars, The Chaos, Staring

Dislikes: Being avoided, Other's fear, Isolation, Theft, Betrayal

Weapon of choice: Creepily enough, Ryder carries around a length of chain, and not the small kind. Otherwise, he resorts to traps, and any sharp objects within reach.

Bio: Born and raised under a family of hunters, Ryder was taught how to fend for himself by the age of thirteen. He thoroughly enjoyed the hunt; whether it be tracking, setting traps, or even skinning the animals he caught. Problem being, within school he never made friends. Socially, he was handicapped, incapable of properly interacting with others. Parents, constantly urging him to makes friends kept pushing, and pushing. And one day, his mother told him, 'Teach them how to hunt. That will get you friends.'

And teach them, he did, in the most unexpected way possible. The boy took a knife to school, and killed a classmate within class. It was a substitute, seeing as no animals were within the school, and with a smile he showed them how to skin the corpse. In fear, some attempted to run, which fed his own fear, bringing him to kill those who fled as well. It wasn't until eleven classmates lay still that he came to see them unmoving. Why did they not stand back up, why was everyone afraid? Humans can not die, they are not animals. No, that wasn't right, all things die, and by his hand did eleven fall.

At that young an age he was shipped to an institution, one that observed him as he slowly went mad. They kept away everything he wanted, including his mothers necklace. Which over the years, developed a strange affection for anything shiny, as he sought comfort in that small glimmer of light. But never, was he allowed to obtain it. Priests came to his cells over the many years, attempting to bring him to sanity through some god, but none properly prevailed.

And then it occurred, those doors opened, allowing Ryder to step free. The men within the building were quivering in fear, barricades along the doors as if attempting to keep something out. All the cells were open around him, whilst those who quivered told them one thing. "You will be free, if you run". Perhaps it was a ploy, the doctors attempting to make the patients lead the flesh eaters far away so they themselves could escape safely. But as the doors opened, hell began. Ryder alone managed to escape, living amongst this new land, learning and living the way his madness would allow. 'Send the dead back to death', it was a line that made him giggle. Perhaps those from back then were also already dead, maybe that is why they didn't stand. The living will live and the dead shall die.

Extra info: (Anything you want to add or that you think I might have missed.)[/hr]

Holy Jesus I'm scared.

I do hope that can be taken as a compliment, as I have already taken gratification from it. As well, I am grateful for the previous compliments you have both given me prior to the post.

Romance will be something I look forward to seeing, not so much for my own character, but for the others. Elia and Spencer, Jack and Nora, as well the moment you are planning for Elliot and Desi.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
I do hope that can be taken as a compliment, as I have already taken gratification from it. As well, I am grateful for the previous compliments you have both given me prior to the post.

Romance will be something I look forward to seeing, not so much for my own character, but for the others. Elia and Spencer, Jack and Nora, as well the moment you are planning for Elliot and Desi.

Yeah my problem with my Desi is cause she is a crazy girl and a wreck for almost committing suicide for going by herself to fight the zombies xD.
Thanks God Elliot saved her.. Also, she does like him but the Russian boy does not see her in that way xD

Maybe I'll change his mind ^^

Also.. In all honesty, I think, personally .. Your chara is a bit more than crazy way than before the apocalypse had started.

Could you change something about him so he won't be so scary ? I mean.. I don't know how Spency will react when they will meet.. And definitely Desi does not trust men so easily..>.>

Reactions: Ninth Divide
Well, that was the ploy, seeing as it would be difficult to breach his level of insanity merely after a week or two of undergoing this zombie apocalypse. But if it is too extreme, then I may very well edit it. Or, I could make a different character that is light.

Ah, my apologies, he did come out a little scarier than previously imagined. I fear his initial image was more comedic, spouting of a crazy man walking this plagued land with the obsession over shiny things. Then entertainment, as well partial excitement bit my hand and bid me to continue with his tale of madness. At first I thought, seeing as it is simple history perhaps he may still yet be accepted by the group, as they do not know the past. Then again, he himself was developed as a menacing figure, too much so perhaps.

If I may so ask, do you have any suggestions on what I should lighten? I am more than happy to oblige to any thoughts.

Edit: Oh.. I may have very well thought of a different Bio that would more or less keep him about the same, but take out the account of murders and the like. That is if you like him being somewhat insane, but no so much creepy.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Well, that was the ploy, seeing as it would be difficult to breach his level of insanity merely after a week or two of undergoing this zombie apocalypse. But if it is too extreme, then I may very well edit it. Or, I could make a different character that is light.

Ah, my apologies, he did come out a little scarier than previously imagined. I fear his initial image was more comedic, spouting of a crazy man walking this plagued land with the obsession over shiny things. Then entertainment, as well partial excitement bit my hand and bid me to continue with his tale of madness. At first I thought, seeing as it is simple history perhaps he may still yet be accepted by the group, as they do not know the past. Then again, he himself was developed as a menacing figure, too much so perhaps.

If I may so ask, do you have any suggestions on what I should lighten? I am more than happy to oblige to any thoughts.

Edit: Oh.. I may have very well thought of a different Bio that would more or less keep him about the same, but take out the account of murders and the like. That is if you like him being somewhat insane, but no so much creepy.

Your edit idea is great ! XD. Ha aha ~. That was a bit the most scariest part ^^

Except that fact, I think it's perfectly as it is, even with his insanity levels high xD.

If you please could edit that part and maybe replace it with something else, I would be happy for sure ^^'

And.. We see how can you come to is somehow. Remember. We are still in New York City.. But on a area where there are houses and not blocks/ buildings ;)

Oh my, it seems I did overlook an undeniable fact. I gave him near to no time to travel across the States during an outbreak. Excellent catch my dear friend.

Very well, I shall be off to alter the Bio then, hopefully making him slightly more pleasant to read. Though I did also remove the chain from his weapon listing, seeing as I took it upon myself to calculate that as overkill as well.

Oh my, it seems I did overlook an undeniable fact. I gave him near to no time to travel across the States during an outbreak. Excellent catch my dear friend.

Very well, I shall be off to alter the Bio then, hopefully making him slightly more pleasant to read. Though I did also remove the chain from his weapon listing, seeing as I took it upon myself to calculate that as overkill as well.

Lol xD you crazy man . You haven't read the first post from here ? We are in the states ~ he he

Well, glad to make some light

I did read over it, my memory simply let it slip during the typing of the sheet. Oh the curse of having such horrid memory, I always forget the small important details.

I am very pleased that you did, thank you.

you know, in all respect. I think the first edit (in the bio) was pretty good, but then again my imagination is very morbid :/ but its good to have a mysteries character, just like zero in borderlands 2.... (got to get away from that game) when I first read it I thought he was going to be a typical cold blooded killer, something to be common on the forums, but to see that twist on how it was greatly proven that it all had to do with a social disability. not really used here, and quite original if I may add.

on another note, we really didn't put into perspective on the technology in this roleplay. its supposed to be in the future, but it feels like modern date (despite accelerator and his creative weapons XD)

just speaking my mind

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Yeah I do agree with you for the Fitue thing xD. Still it's only the year 2067 or smth.. I mean, I don't know how much technology is supposed to be. I don't remember to speak with Luna about it lol

Nevertheless, I hope he will just edit a bit of his chara ^^ nothing major. I just know that my chara won't be very easily pleased by his presence lol

She will know like something is wrong with him xD

My intention was never to have him as a cold blooded killer, hence I am glad to see that you noticed otherwise. After all, after burdening the previous deaths, he learned that the living was to remain living. Though, within that twisted mind of his he attempted to justify the previous murders by saying they were already dead, in hopes to keep himself from guilt.

Another idea of mine relied quite heavily on the year at hand, though it would be difficult to determine the boundaries without the main writer. Hence, I figured it would be easier to maintain the status.

Though I am pleased that you spoke your minds, far too many cower away desiring not to voice thoughts.

I have edited the bio a bit, if I may so kindly ask of you to look over it. Now it leans more to a Tragedy type.

Last edited by a moderator:
it is just as good as the first, can't wait to see if you get accepted, because if it were up to voting you in, I would definitely vote for you.

It is good now xD. My opinion..~

To be honest I am sure most of us are accepting you as to be part of this RP :)

Also, we do not know when Luna will come back ( she has some stuff going on and such) so I would suggest that..

If Everyone agrees with his CS. We should let him join xD

He will be a good chara and I am sure we all we will have fun together :3

My utmost gratitude, I appreciate the thought you two, really. Though, there is no real rush. After all, I do have to run along here within ten minutes or so. I shall be gone for the night, as well the morning due to previous arrangements. I shall look forward to the afternoon, where hopefully, I shall be freed and capable of returning. I dare say I like it here.

As for your opinion, I am glad that I managed to make you even the slightest bit more pleased with the sheet.

For those befitting of the region, good night, and sleep well. As for the others, good morning, and fair day to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.