Be My Spider-Man?(F for M)

M

Ms.Ezra

Original poster
Disclaimer: If this RP were to be given a movie rating, it would be PG-13 like the MCU movies themselves. This means there will be romance, suggestive situations at most. Not posted in Redstar, so not wanting Redstar content.

I have had this idea brewing in my head for a while now, ever since watching Spider-Man: Homecoming. I have the character as fleshed out as possible, complete with a character arc and a lengthy first post ready to go.

Now I need a partner who can really make the story come alive.

The ideal partner meets most if not all of the following criteria:

#1 Adept to Advanced level of writing, able to give at least 3+ paragraphs of detailed writing for me to respond, and I will meet you post-for-post.

#2 Post at least three times a week. I'm willing to wait for good posts, and you should as well.

#3 Talk to me OOC any way you feel is most convenient (PM or Discord) to keep in contact about the direction of the RP, questions, all that jazz.

#4 Is okay that the characters in this situation are, in my original vision, still in high school (aged 15-16). If you're not okay, I won't bend your arm or deny you outright, I can work with two characters being 18 years old.

Now to the RP prompt itself:

Andromeda Barton

Universe: MCU

728addc272db3d2dbb0c7c7e79a1819c--joey-king-street-styles.jpg

Her parents are Abigail and Greg Barton, Astronomers/geologists/physicists who named her after the galaxy they had been studying together in college when they first met. The family spent the majority of her childhood near Houston, Texas as the pair worked for NASA and other companies over the years. They enrolled Andromeda in the best schools, and built an environment that nurtured Andromeda into a very bright, if socially awkward, girl whose head was too caught up in her own thoughts to realize she was quite attractive and blushes when others say she is 'Movie star pretty' or the like.

When she turns fifteen, her parents accept jobs that take them to New York. Her father works for Stark Industries as they start to map out more of the universe, and her mother takes a teaching position at NYU with occasional consulting work with Stark Industries. They move into Queens and enroll Andromeda at Midtown High to better socialize her with her peers.

It's here that she becomes enamored with first the idea of super heroes, keeping up with the news around the Avengers, the bulletproof man from Harlem, and the Devil of Hell's Kitchen. Then she becomes obsessed with Spiderman after first seeing him in action when he stops a car from hitting the city bus she happened to be riding, and follows his exploits via Youtube and other media. She uses her brilliant mind to infer how he might accomplish his feats, such as his webbing and wall-crawling.

Gradually this interest develops from an innocent scientific curiosity, to become romantic as she forms a rich fantasy in which she and Spider-Man are in a secret relationship.

Weeks after the events of Spider-Man: Homecoming, a chunk of meteorite is brought into Stark Industries to be examined by a team that includes her parents. When all scans come up that it contains nothing harmful, radiation or otherwise, her parents feel it safe to bring Andromeda to see it. When the three leave the room for lunch, the symbiote breaks free from the rock and stows away in Andromeda's backpack, compressing itself into a ball within a pocket the girl doesn't notice.

In the night the symbiote comes out from the backpack, and bonds with Andromeda while she sleeps. The girl is at first terrified of this creature enveloping her, and tries unsuccessfully to extract it. But the symbiote accesses the girl's' mind and based on her analyses replicates Spider-Man's powers and suit. It promises her that their relationship will allow her to live out all the fantasies she's harbored, from being a hero to becoming the wife of Spider-Man.

After a series of hiccups, mishaps and the like, she starts to live out her fantasy life. She becomes Spider-Man's partner as first Spider-Gal, then Scarlet Spider with a new look at Peter's suggestion to avoid confusion. The symbiote enjoys this, as living in a high risk manner gives it plenty of adrenaline to sustain itself, and it too forms a deep attraction to Spider-Man.

When Andromeda tries to take their relationship forward from crime-fighting partners, Peter rebukes her as kindly as possible. This kindness fails to cushion the blow for Andromeda, and her love for Peter is poisoned by the resulting hate and jealousy.

And that is when a teenage crush turns to obsession, then into something more sinister. More venomous.

PM me if you feel you meet my criteria and want to join me in bringing this story to life