BAN GWAZI 2K16

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fifth stretch goal and people will realize a petition doesn't involve money

Reactions: Kagayours
Well, Gwazi, this just isn't funny, and nobody is finding it funny. I'm explaining why this frog was dead on arrival by dissecting it. Humour is subjective, but only to a certain degree: There is absolutely a formula for humour. Most stand-up comedians know the formula off by heart.

Just, letting you know, in the future, this humour is... Well, it's just really dumb, and not funny. I'm not saying that you're a bad person for doing it, or anything extreme and ludicrous like that, just, that, in the future... Do something else. Please. :ferret:

Thread's marked 'random'. Plenty of people trying to have a laugh here.

Don't like the joke? Don't get it? Don't think it's funny? That's totally fine. Just go post somewhere else.

• Thank You
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
3jRQ2fa.jpg

Seriously, go make your own thread if you don't like this one.

With blackjack.

And/or hookers.

Sixth Strech goal and Grumpy will be everyone's hooker

Seventh strech goal and I will try to find this kind of humor funny.

Eighth stretch goal and... shit, I'm running out of ideas.

Eight stretch goal and I'll get another idea.

Ninth stretch goal and I will give you one.

Thread's marked 'random'. Plenty of people trying to have a laugh here.

Don't like the joke? Don't get it? Don't think it's funny? That's totally fine. Just go post somewhere else.

Wait... did you just imply you want people to have fun?

You can't be Grumpy. The real Grumpy hates people smiling.

• Nice Execution!
This is literally worse than useless then. This is just mind numbingly stupid. Where's the punch line in this? What's supposed to be funny about this?

I don't get it. Maybe I'm an elitist? I guess?... A pleb elitist? :ferret: This is simply one of the stupidest fucking things I've seen as an attempt at humour. Why even waste people's time with this except to demand attention? I mean, a joke is when you set up a situation and then deliver a punch line that evokes feelings of laughter either because it's bitterly true or simply so ridiculous as to become humorous to even try to imagine in reality. The punch line can be a word pun ("I did Nazi that coming") or it can be a pause in dialogue to imply something ludicrous ("she wanted to buy that 16,000 dollar rock because?...") or hell, many other things. Comedy is not really rocket science, though some are better at it than others.

You can't force people to laugh by just presenting a situation as the punchline, that... That's not funny. That's just fucking retarded. That's why "why did the chicken cross the road" is never funny, it's just presenting a situation and the punchline usually just presents a reasonable modus operandi or a situation that's too ridiculous to be imagined. Even Robot Chicken has more sophisticated humour than this, they at least try to set up visual puns.

I mean, @Nydanna wasn't even sure it was a joke. @Kestrel doesn't understand it. The people surrounding it aren't doing anything more than posting multiple threads proliferating it. What is the punchline? What is funny about Gwazi making a petition to ban himself and then getting people to post it around with the disclaimer that he made it himself?

Where's the punchline? Where's the pun? Where's the double entendre? Why did this need to be multiple threads wasting everyone's time multiple times just to seemingly satiate someone's desire for attention?

At least if it was a charity stunt I'd shrug and go "ah well, you tried, but hey, at least it's for a good cause." What's even the reason for this? Humour still has to make fucking sense to be funny.

And, I guess why I'm being openly agitated about this, is because this forced humour has been shoved down GC's throat for several days now, if not weeks. And it's still not funny. Give it a break. Watch some George Carlin, or, something.
I never said it was funny. I never said you had to find it funny. No one is forcing anyone to enjoy anyone else's humor.

If you think it's a dumb joke then you're well within your rights to do so. I never said you had to laugh.

The only reason I defended it was because you seemed to be under the impression that there was seriously money going into this, hence why I explained that the situation wasn't nearly as bad as that and it was just Gwazi making a dumb joke.

Is it stupid and unfunny? Sure, if you think so. Is it worth condemning as an abhorrent witch hunt? Not quite.

And, if you don't think it's funny, then... use that ignore button. Or, follow your own advice in that Abe Lincoln thread and just don't give it any attention.

Like... I hate to be this way, but... I see no reason to be so up-in-arms about this.

I stressed the "no one is being harmed by this" thing because... no one is being harmed. If you think it's unfunny then that's fine, but you can just walk away from that, you know...

• Thank You
If more people have fun I have further excused to ban them.

Don't worry, I've thought this shit through.

Tenth Stretch goal and we can all be friends.

If more people have fun I have further excused to ban them.

Don't worry, I've thought this shit through.

Oh, thank god. The world is as it should be.

You're my favorite supervillain.

I consider Grumpy more of an Antagonist personally.

This shit's more heated than mental illness, whitewashing, and 'define-gender' discussions put together.
Yeah. I'm shocked, myself. O_O

You know, I don't drink, but this thread makes me want to. If you don't like the thread then close it and stop looking at it. It's very simple, people.

Also I'm starting a petition to ban everyone who doesn't give a positive rating to the post quoted below. You know you want it.
Sixth Strech goal and Grumpy will be everyone's hooker

• Thank You
I consider Grumpy more of an Antagonist personally.

Hey now. Don't lowball his potential. I have 50 bucks riding on him destroying California with man made Earthquakes and 100 on him weaponizing cockroaches.

This shit's more heated than mental illness, whitewashing, and 'define-gender' discussions put together.
Yeah. I'm shocked, myself. O_O
You could say this thread got... Electrified! :3
Hey now. Don't lowball his potential. I have 50 bucks riding on him destroying California with man made Earthquakes and 100 on him weaponizing cockroaches.
An Antagonist can do that. You just need some sort of maniac ruling over it first.

378bc2a0-4376-0133-9d86-0af7184f89fb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.