BAN GWAZI 2K16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yatagarasu

Original poster
ARE YOU ANNOYED BY GWAZI'S ANTICS AND SHITPOSTS ON IWAKU?

DO YOU BELIEVE THE IWAKU COMMUNITY WOULD BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT HIM?

DO YOU WANT HIM TO BE BANNED AND SCRAPED OFF FROM IWAKU'S SURFACE?

DO YOU WANT IWAKU TO BE TRULY 'GREAT AGAIN'?

WELL DON'T WORRY AS LONG AS WE GET MORE THAN 50 SIGNATURES WE WILL BE ABLE TO BAN GWAZI PERMANENTLY AND DISPOSE OF THIS SHITTY MEMBER FOREVER 8D 8D

Even Gwazi himself is ashamed of his shitposting habits on Iwaku and made this whole petition by himself.

SO GET SIGNING AND REMOVE THIS SCOURGE FROM OUR BEAUTIFUL IWAKU COMMUNITY 8D

BAN GWAZI 2K16

(please tell me all of you guys can detect the sarcasm and know that I got permission from @Gwazi Magnum to do all of this shit. No one's actually getting banned K?)

Even Gwazi himself is ashamed of his shitposting habits on Iwaku and made this whole petition by himself.
Nah, I'm just riding the bull by the horns. :P
(please tell me all of you guys can detect the sarcasm and know that I got permission from @Gwazi Magnum to do all of this shit. No one's actually getting banned K?)
*Reports thread for blatant false information*

Protip: You can block people on Iwaku.

DO YOU WANT IWAKU TO BE TRULY 'GREAT AGAIN'?
Don't say that. Those days are over! OVEEERR! ;__; *rants about the 'old days' like the other old people*

Can we do donations to get him banned from General like we did with Asmo?

Reactions: Minibit
I don't support witch hunts. Not even in jest. Not even against people that irritate me sometimes.

If you really want to donate to a good cause or something, just throw your money at it, don't make ridiculous feuding-antics over it. The Red Cross is looking for relief funds for the fires in northern Alberta right now.

I'm not joking when I say this thread is a toxic cancer. There's nothing really funny in it. I'm sorry, but, there just isn't anything funny about it. If this is seriously a fundraiser as the petition page suggests, just make a poll thread asking which charity you want the community to donate to, and make every vote add X amount of money or something. Hell, I'd do it right now if I was employed.

Or you could donate to the "Give Gwazi a Baneblade" kickstarter.

Reach the first stretch goal and I'll invade Paris.

I really hope all of these posts are jokes, especially since there is a ignore button. =/

I don't support witch hunts. Not even in jest. Not even against people that irritate me sometimes.

If you really want to donate to a good cause or something, just throw your money at it, don't make ridiculous feuding-antics over it. The Red Cross is looking for relief funds for the fires in northern Alberta right now.

I'm not joking when I say this thread is a toxic cancer. There's nothing really funny in it. I'm sorry, but, there just isn't anything funny about it. If this is seriously a fundraiser as the petition page suggests, just make a poll thread asking which charity you want the community to donate to, and make every vote add X amount of money or something. Hell, I'd do it right now if I was employed.
It... it isn't a fundraiser, though. It's an online petition. A page to add your signature to and say "I support this!" even though it means absolutely nothing.

Gwazi mentioned donations jokingly. There is no actual site to give money to and no money is being passed around... Gwazi made a meaningless petition page to ban himself. That's all that's happening here.

Reactions: Icy
I really hope all of these posts are jokes, especially since there is a ignore button. =/
Gwazi started the first "ban Gwazi" thread and presumably created the online petition, and literally every "ban Gwazi" thread that has been made by any other member came with a disclaimer saying that it was all in jest and that they had permission from Gwazi to make the thread.

Yes. This is all a joke. This is harming no one. It's silly and dumb, especially since there's an ignore button, but that's all it is.

Reach the second stretch goal and Kaga the Heretic will face the Emperors Wrath.

Reactions: Icy
Reach the third stretch goal and I'll promote Gwazi to Admin and launch a coup against Diana with him.
I think Grumpy is trying to start the apocalypse.

I'm missing the joke.

Can someone explain the joke to me?

Gosh, I feel so stupid.

Gwazi mentioned donations jokingly. There is no actual site to give money to and no money is being passed around... Gwazi made a meaningless petition page to ban himself. That's all that's happening here.
This is literally worse than useless then. This is just mind numbingly stupid. Where's the punch line in this? What's supposed to be funny about this?

I don't get it. Maybe I'm an elitist? I guess?... A pleb elitist? :ferret: This is simply one of the stupidest fucking things I've seen as an attempt at humour. Why even waste people's time with this except to demand attention? I mean, a joke is when you set up a situation and then deliver a punch line that evokes feelings of laughter either because it's bitterly true or simply so ridiculous as to become humorous to even try to imagine in reality. The punch line can be a word pun ("I did Nazi that coming") or it can be a pause in dialogue to imply something ludicrous ("she wanted to buy that 16,000 dollar rock because?...") or hell, many other things. Comedy is not really rocket science, though some are better at it than others.

You can't force people to laugh by just presenting a situation as the punchline, that... That's not funny. That's just fucking retarded. That's why "why did the chicken cross the road" is never funny, it's just presenting a situation and the punchline usually just presents a reasonable modus operandi or a situation that's too ridiculous to be imagined. Even Robot Chicken has more sophisticated humour than this, they at least try to set up visual puns.

I mean, @Nydanna wasn't even sure it was a joke. @Kestrel doesn't understand it. The people surrounding it aren't doing anything more than posting multiple threads proliferating it. What is the punchline? What is funny about Gwazi making a petition to ban himself and then getting people to post it around with the disclaimer that he made it himself?

Where's the punchline? Where's the pun? Where's the double entendre? Why did this need to be multiple threads wasting everyone's time multiple times just to seemingly satiate someone's desire for attention?

At least if it was a charity stunt I'd shrug and go "ah well, you tried, but hey, at least it's for a good cause." What's even the reason for this? Humour still has to make fucking sense to be funny.

And, I guess why I'm being openly agitated about this, is because this forced humour has been shoved down GC's throat for several days now, if not weeks. And it's still not funny. Give it a break. Watch some George Carlin, or, something.

Not bothering to debate the tactics of humour... Cause honestly if we need to exchange battle plans on a joke (a subjective art) it ceases to amuse anybody.

But to clarify some confusions.
Gwazi making a petition to ban himself and then getting people to post it around with the disclaimer that he made it himself?
I originally just posted it myself. Other's wanted to join, I let them.
The disclaimer was something they did by themselves.
Why did this need to be multiple threads wasting everyone's time multiple times
Because it's apparently a welcomed practice now.

In case you take that literally, it was making a point.
I'm being openly agitated about this
Fourth Stretch goal and everyone on the site will get their own updated blog feature

I agree with the others as I don't understand the joke of the petition. I think that there are better petitions, that could change and help out the world, than this petition, which just seems like a waste of time. And if you get some money out of this shit, then donate it to other petitions or charities.

I don't (and will never) understand your version of humor; but if you find it funny, then go ahead. Just try to avoid doing something like this next time, alright?

Status
Not open for further replies.