Status
Not open for further replies.
U

U.N. 0W3N

Original poster

vBVbiit.png

Last edited by a moderator:
PREMISE​
The Bureau of Occurring Oddities (B.O.O.) is the most secretive and advanced organization of D209-Earth. They are the few and proud that handles situations in which the unexplained, unnatural, and/or unearthly occurs. For all B.O.O. Agents, they have privilege to access information far above the normal populous' understanding. Entering the organization is the easiest task. After that, though… new agents can feel overwhelmed by their new responsibilities that sits on their shoulders. It's no surprise that new agents are assigned tasks to assimilate into the organization painlessly. Enter (6-8) fresh faces that have become official agents of B.O.O. They have been assigned to investigate an old ruin somewhere in Hokkaido based on information gathered at this point. Along with the rookies, 2 senior agents have been assigned to oversee the operation, see that protocol is being used, and making sure that the agents are adjusting to their new career choice.

• Thank You
Reactions: rissa
RULES​
Iwaku ToS

Respect one another. Short. Sweet. To the point.

The minimum post requirement is 2 legible paragraphs. Keep in mind that I expect this to get higher when interacting with other characters. Keep the posts in 3rd person and make dialogue and thoughts stand out (aka bold/italicize them). At least include the name of your character in the post and tag users you are interacting with. If you go fancy, don't go blaring colors for body posts. AND… keep in mind that users are using different themes so text color and and all that jazz will be different from user to user.

Anime/Drawn pics only. No photo realism/photos.

The following thread will be one giant adventure story thingy-ma-bob. What does that mean? Means that the thread will be one giant flippin' story that will require the help of all those. I'll be setting up scenarios and what not and will respond as a GM depending on the actions of the character. I do have a character in this thread just to give hints here and there regarding that matter. There will be down time when I'm building the next scenario so the thread will enter "free roam mode" in which characters are free to do as they like as "next orders" are coming in. I require users that are patient and understanding of this period of time.

Feel free to suggest shit.

You looking for information about the organization and what not? Since the majority of the information is either stuck in my head or take up 4+ docs, it's be a monstrosity to try to compile and make all y'all read that (for now). So, there will be an official Q & A thread you can post up questions that myself and the mod(s) can answer. It may take a bit, but I plan to compile answers and shit into one place for repeat questions. There's no wrong or bad answer (less it's wrong and bad JK!). Just keep in mind that myself and the mod(s) have a certain image of this mini thread and the main universe this thang belongs in.

Aight, you see that skeleton? Use that skeleton. It'll look funny for the fieldset on some monitors because non-universal resolution. So, don't worry about that too much. Feel free to adjust that shit to make that fit, but I'd like everything else to remain the same. Don't post completed/incomplete/any form of the profile in the OoC. Make threads to post your character profile into (such as Testing or Showcase) THEN send me the link to said thread via the PMs (make sure to give it a title that let's me know it's for BOO and not spam pls thx). If I give it a "Buckets of Rainbow" rating, you in. I have the right to decline profiles. I'm not sure how big of an issue rich text editor will be for this profile skeleton (since I didn't build it with rich text editor on), but JUST IN CASE, I'd suggest turning it off. I've been on RP Sites that have had Rich Text Editor options and have blown up coding because some weren't made in them. It's just a precaution and what not.

Respect my mod(s). (<3 @™ T A K E N O B U)

I have the right to add/change/remove rules.

pJzsazJ.png

TAKEN
Department of Internal Resources | Interspecies Resource Representative
30 - 35 | B-Rank | Privileged Access | United Kingdom Branch​

You've been to hell and back in the 5 or so years you gave to the bureau. Sure, you could've found a middle management position that didn't stick you between juggling human resources and galactic diplomacy, but you'd miss the power and fear behind your position. As a representative of the Department of Internal Resources, you make damn sure that every agent in B.O.O. is doing everything by the book… digipad… by the rules! Down to making sure that field reports are signed in triplicate! Maybe you were assigned to the Sigma Taskforce for taking your job too seriously (or it was that no good Steve from accounting!) or that upper management thought it'd be a good idea to deploy you to the field just to take a break from reading your complaint submissions… but you're out here doing what you know: enforcing bureaucracy and work safe zones!

RAGzbvT.png

5P00NB3ND34R
Department of Investigation | Senior Investigator and Coordinator
40 | B-Rank | Privileged Access | Northeast United States Branch | Profile

In the 10-15 odd years you've worked as an agent of B.O.O., you can honestly say that you've seen some shit. You've stomped out Stygius-worshipping cults and took on a Dius single-handedly (as Steve likes to exaggerate). You even helped save the world a few times! People like to think that there's some good left in people, but you know better. Despite how many scenarios you've seen, it always plays out the same way to you. Like, this assignment. Maybe you were chosen to be one of the leading agents because of your experience and long list of recommendations? Or, could be that this was your final chance because of your actions? All you know is that you're going to be the only adult here who knows how to get things done.

QVpMUiI.png

TAKEN
Department of Medical Care | On-Site Medic
24 - 26 | C-Rank | Basic Access | Central America Branch​

All your life, you knew that you wanted to help people. Rather than use violent means, you focused on using your hands to save lives. There's a glimmer in your eyes that reveals your emotions. You are someone that holds on to hope and believes that there's always a chance to save a life. But, that doesn't mean you are unfamiliar with death. Death happens, and you feel it deep down. Feel the weight of it. In the end, it's hard for you to accept that you did all you could to save them. It's your determination that helped you make it through your first rough year at B.O.O. And, now, you've been assigned to be the medical attendee for the Sigma Taskforce. You aren't sure why you've been assigned to them other than be the "parent" of the group, yelling at the members not to touch foreign artifacts or randomly jumping into ravines.

J2VtBy1.png

H1S70R14
Department of Lore & Secrets | Historian and Eastern Asian Folklorist
21 | D-Rank | Privileged Access | East Asia Branch | Profile

Your greatest strength doesn't lie in strength or combat, but in knowledge. You've always been a bit of a fanboy when it comes to ancient history and legends. It was a nice escape from the bland and uninteresting life that surrounded you. Books was your escape for the longest time, and it helped you get into a good school because of it. You just didn't expect to become a part of a top secret organization because of it. As of now, you have been chosen to tag, analyze and record your findings in your first on-site mission. You just hope that you're not going to screw this up.

• Thank You
swj5bnn.png

D0R14N
Department of the Occult & Magic | Spirit Medium and Spirit Investigator
24 | D-Rank | Basic Access | West Europe Branch | Profile

Since you were a child, you have known that there was life after death. Just asked the ghosts you hung out with as a kid. It was just a normal thing for you, but others didn't understand. They either believed you were lying or you were nuts. You did your best to live with it, but there are just some things that makes interacting with the dead tough. However, all it took was being invited as the "honored guest" for a cult to get your life rolling. Sure, B.O.O. wasn't a real direction you had in mind, but it was better being with other "nutters" instead of being locked in a loony bin. After 6 long months of training, you have finally become a full-fledged agent and assigned to the Sigma Taskforce. All you have to do is not screw up!

hFMUeRa.png

TAKEN
Department of Investigation | Junior Investigator
22 - 26 | D-Rank | Basic Access | Russia Branch​

You're familiar with with law enforcement before you were asked to join B.O.O. Once the few and proud member of the men and blue, you know face greater responsibility of enforcing the laws of regulations that doesn't fit with the norm. Your training to assume threats and profile has been one hell of a tough adjustment, making it hard for you and other investigators to get along. This mission is your saving grace with the few months you've been working for B.O.O. Maybe, you'll be able to understand your position as a member of the Sigma Taskforce. Or, it was just a way to get you to cool your head before returning to your "real job" back home.

6ovGuru.png

TAKEN
Department of Military Operations | Tactical Unit
24 - 28 | C-Rank | Basic Access | East Europe Branch​

Combat isn't something new to you. Rather, it feels like you've always been fighting your entire life. Whether it's just something in your blood or the way you were raised, you're always constantly fighting something. Before B.O.O., you served your country with honor. You just had the unfortunate encounter with something unexplained. By the time help arrived, you were the last to survive. You watched your comrades' unbelievable fates. In the end, you were offered a position in B.O.O. due to your background and deadly encounter. You took the job in order to prevent history from repeating itself. You've been with B.O.O. nearly 2 years and have become comfortable with the strange populous. And, now, you wonder why you were placed in such a cushy and easy going mission. At most, you feel like this is just going to be too easy with most complaining about the snow and cold. The cold never bothered you anyways.

QwpFjSK.png

R070M
Department of Science | Research Assistant of Technology
22 | D-Rank | Restricted Access | West United States Branch | Profile

You didn't know when it started, but once you got a taste, you couldn't stop. You grew up with an interest in robotics and a dream: to create a giant robot to take on your bullies! Well… the dream evolved into creating synthetic life you can hang out with because they can be programmed to like you. But, you just couldn't find the technology. Even after you enrolled in a prestigious school, the required tech wasn't there just yet. You took it upon yourself to figure it out. But, your researched ended with the "men in black" finding you and arresting you on the spot. Turned out, you got your hands on alien technology. Rather than end up in their version of Guantanamo, they offered you a deal: work for them instead. So… you joined B.O.O. … while on probation for your minor crimes. At least your first mission would be the proving point: do what you need to do and become a full member.

PROFILE SKELETON​

cBlMZ1w.png
[fieldbox="C 0 D 3 N 4 M 3 6 0 3 5 H 3 R 3, #a0a0a0, solid, 1, Tahoma"]
STRENGTH ██████████ PERCEPTION ██████████
STAMINA ██████████ WILL ██████████
AGILITY ██████████ POWER ██████████
SPEED ██████████ LUCK ██████████
[/fieldbox]

• FULL NAME_
    first middle (optional) last name
    NICKNAME & ALIAS_
    a general list of nicknames and/or alias (if applicable)
    AGE_
    refer to the role's information for acceptable age range
    DATE OF BIRTH_
    refer to the IC's date for accurate dating
    PLACE OF BIRTH_
    city, country
    RACE_
    not ethnicity! this section is to determine if your character is human, "kind of human," or inhuman. state what your character is. keep in mind that I will be not accepting certain races into this thread. feel free to ask me what's aight and what's not.
    ETHNICITY_
    your character ethnic background. this would be for human/"kind of human" characters.
    GENDER_
    male, female, etc.

HEIGHT_
    feet & inches only
    WEIGHT_
    pounds only
    PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS_
    does your character have any particular physical attributes that makes them stand out? any body modifications like piercings and tattoos? plastic surgery? distinctive birthmarks and scars? if they're "kinda human" or inhuman, what makes them stand out? do they have a cloaking or a humanoid look they use to hide their identity. feel free to hot link examples. this section can be written as comfortably as you like such as listing with short descriptions or paragraphs.
    HEALTH_
    what kind of health conditions does your character have? any allergies? perfect health? have anything that must be treated? refer to the above in how this section could be written.
  • POSITION_
    copy/paste the role's position here
    CLASS RANK_
    copy/paste the role's class rank here
    ACCESS RANK_
    copy/paste the role's access rank here
    BRANCH_
    copy/paste the role's branch location here
    SKILLS_
    the character's combat and passive skills that would be useful for B.O.O. keep in mind that each character has at least received up to 6 months of training in basic hand to hand combat, weapon use, basic police investigation, maintaining security, B.O.O. protocol, and interspecies relationships (diplomacy). use this section to list or write out (in paragraphs) the main skill set that pertains to the role. an example would be the historian that has a specialty in ancient and "unknown" history of eastern asia. it would be expanded, listed out, etc. here among other skills that would fit said role. you don't have to take days and days and days to list the very basics that B.O.O. agents should know already.
    POWER_
    humans do not have powers! only those that fall under the "kinda human" category (psychic, mix breed, mages, evolved human, cyborg, etc.) and inhumans CAN have powers. powers should correspond to what they are and make sense as a whole. an example of this is someone that can wield fire. if it's a mutation that resulted in this, what kind of setbacks does it have? can they create fire? do things with fire? are they resistant to fire? characters will have a "theme" to their powers which means I don't want to see a character walking around with all the powers. an example would be someone that can manipulate fire AND ice without a good reason (aka backed up by said race and shit). please read profiles that have this section filled out for examples. if you need help, ideas, have questions, please ask! go to the q&a thread.
    WEAPON_
    along with the standard issued 9mm, is there a particular weapon they carry with them? keep in mind if they do have an offensive power, it's highly unlikely that they will go beyond the standard side arm. their role would also determine how "armed" they are. keep this section realistic as well in what your character would carry around.
    TOOL_
    along with the standard issued gear ("smart sunglasses," universal audio translator, COMM device), is there any other tool they carry with them? keep their role in mind when adding tools to this section. feel free to ask what's aight and what's not for the thread.
  • PERSONALITY_
    feel free to write as comfortably as you like. you can do paragraphs, blurbing, listing, etc.
    HISTORY_
    a minimum of two paragraphs, write your character's history. how they developed their skills, powers, met up with BOO, and all that jazz. feel free to ask questions and what not in how characters get to BOO and all that jazz.
    FAMILY_
    feel free to write as comfortably as you like. you can do paragraphs, blurbing, listing, etc.
  • the following tab is any and all extra information and what not that you like to say about your character. if your character is "kinda human" or inhuman, use this section to briefly describe what they are and all that jazz so I can get an understanding of them. aka sell it bby~!

PROFILE SKELETON CODING:
Code:
[div=
float: left;][img]http://imgur.com/cBlMZ1w.png[/img][/div][div=
padding-left: 20px;
height: 200px;
width: 590px;
float: right;
overflow-y: hidden;][fieldbox="C 0 D 3 N 4 M 3 6 0 3 5 H 3 R 3, #a0a0a0, solid, 1, Tahoma"][div=
padding: 5px;
font-size: 14px;
letter-spacing: 3px;
line-height: 2em;]STRENGTH  [color=#474747]█████[/color][color=#a0a0a0]█████[/color]   PERCEPTION [color=#474747]█████[/color][color=#a0a0a0]█████[/color]
STAMINA   [color=#474747]█████[/color][color=#a0a0a0]█████[/color]   WILL        [color=#474747]█████[/color][color=#a0a0a0]█████[/color]
AGILITY    [color=#474747]█████[/color][color=#a0a0a0]█████[/color]   POWER      [color=#474747]█████[/color][color=#a0a0a0]█████[/color]
SPEED      [color=#474747]█████[/color][color=#a0a0a0]█████[/color]   LUCK        [color=#474747]█████[/color][color=#a0a0a0]█████[/color][/div][/fieldbox][/div]
[div=
width: 600px;
margin-top: 35px;
padding-left: 10px;
float: left;][tabs][tab=GENERAL & PHYSICAL][div=
height: 369px;
overflow-y: scroll;][div=
padding-right: 10px;
font-size: 12px;
line-height: 1.75em;
letter-spacing: 2px;
text-align: justify;][u]FULL NAME_[/u]
first middle (optional) last name
[u]NICKNAME & ALIAS_[/u]
a general list of nicknames and/or alias (if applicable)
[u]AGE_[/u]
refer to the role's information for acceptable age range
[u]DATE OF BIRTH_[/u]
refer to the IC's date for accurate dating
[u]PLACE OF BIRTH_[/u]
city, country
[u]RACE_[/u]
not ethnicity! this section is to determine if your character is human, "kind of human," or inhuman. state what your character is. keep in mind that I will be not accepting certain races into this thread. feel free to ask me what's aight and what's not.
[u]ETHNICITY_[/u]
your character ethnic background. this would be for human/"kind of human" characters.
[u]GENDER_[/u]
male, female, etc.

[hr][/hr]
[u]HEIGHT_[/u]
feet & inches only
[u]WEIGHT_[/u]
pounds only
[u]PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS_[/u]
does your character have any particular physical attributes that makes them stand out? any body modifications like piercings and tattoos? plastic surgery? distinctive birthmarks and scars? if they're "kinda human" or inhuman, what makes them stand out? do they have a cloaking or a humanoid look they use to hide their identity. feel free to hot link examples. this section can be written as comfortably as you like such as listing with short descriptions or paragraphs.
[u]HEALTH_[/u]
what kind of health conditions does your character have? any allergies? perfect health? have anything that must be treated? refer to the above in how this section could be written.[/div][/div][/tab][tab=DOSSIER][div=
text-align: justify;][u]POSITION_[/u]
copy/paste the role's position here
[u]CLASS RANK_[/u]
copy/paste the role's class rank here
[u]ACCESS RANK_[/u]
copy/paste the role's access rank here
[u]BRANCH_[/u]
copy/paste the role's branch location here
[u]SKILLS_[/u]
the character's combat and passive skills that would be useful for B.O.O. keep in mind that each character has at least received up to 6 months of training in basic hand to hand combat, weapon use, basic police investigation, maintaining security, B.O.O. protocol, and interspecies relationships (diplomacy). use this section to list or write out (in paragraphs) the main skill set that pertains to the role. an example would be the historian that has a specialty in ancient and "unknown" history of eastern asia. it would be expanded, listed out, etc. here among other skills that would fit said role. you don't have to take days and days and days to list the very basics that B.O.O. agents [i]should[/i] know already.
[u]POWER_[/u]
humans do not have powers! only those that fall under the "kinda human" category (psychic, mix breed, mages, evolved human, cyborg, etc.) and inhumans CAN have powers. powers should correspond to what they are and make sense as a whole. an example of this is someone that can wield fire. if it's a mutation that resulted in this, what kind of setbacks does it have? can they create fire? do things with fire? are they resistant to fire? characters will have a "theme" to their powers which means I don't want to see a character walking around with all the powers. an example would be someone that can manipulate fire AND ice without a good reason (aka backed up by said race and shit). please read profiles that have this section filled out for examples. if you need help, ideas, have questions, please ask! go to the q&a thread.
[u]WEAPON_[/u]
along with the standard issued 9mm, is there a particular weapon they carry with them? keep in mind if they do have an offensive power, it's highly unlikely that they will go beyond the standard side arm. their role would also determine how "armed" they are. keep this section realistic as well in what your character would carry around.
[u]TOOL_[/u]
along with the standard issued gear ("smart sunglasses," universal audio translator, COMM device), is there any other tool they carry with them? keep their role in mind when adding tools to this section. feel free to ask what's aight and what's not for the thread.[/div][/div][/tab][tab=PRIVATE RECORD][div=
text-align: justify;][u]PERSONALITY_[/u]
[u]HISTORY_[/u]
a minimum of two paragraphs, write your character's history. how they developed their skills, powers, met up with BOO, and all that jazz. feel free to ask questions and what not in how characters get to BOO and all that jazz.
[u]FAMILY_[/u]
feel free to write as comfortably as you like. you can do paragraphs, blurbing, listing, etc.[/div][/div][/tab][tab=EXTRA][div=
text-align: justify;]the following tab is any and all extra information and what not that you like to say about your character. if your character is "kinda human" or inhuman, use this section to briefly describe what they are and all that jazz so I can get an understanding of them. aka sell it bby~![/div][/div][/tab][/tabs][/div]

NEWS & UPDATES​
4 November 2016
The thread is officially open for sign ups! The Q&A thread is officially up! The IC will be closed until I have the minimum amount of roles filled (6). Feel free to chat it up in the OoC until then.

I WISH I HAD THE TIME FOR THIS DAMN IT. SO BEAUTIFULLY DONE. ;3; /bows

Aight, now I kinda wanna see if we can get all the roster images to have them all wearing glasses now. BU

Time to will myself to continue on with Bastian's profile. xD

I. AM. SO. IN.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: U.N. 0W3N
I want the on site medic role o 3 o

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
@Vio
As of now, that's been taken by fyrelily. To the left of each role is a status if they have been taken or not.

Ahhh, I need to finish Buster's profile. Dx

Status
Not open for further replies.