Status
Not open for further replies.
Shen only shrugged. He certainly could take on all three, but there was no reason to do that when he was around to help out. Shen kept the thought to himself, not saying a word until he decided to do it after all. "Heh, good going, boy," he chuckled. "And good timing." The man he tripped earlier had finally got up, bleeding from his nose. Shen hadn't noticed the way he fell, but he clearly fell flat on his face. A wry smile adorned his face as he watched the man scream in rage before charging. The lady was on cue, moving around his earthen wall to swing the remaining length of chain at him.

Feeling the gust of wind subside, Shen stepped out from the earth wall, letting the man ram against it, smashing it down into pieces. The lady skillfully retracts her chain, avoiding the hulk of a man in time. Though, certainly not in time for Shen who had already compressed his metal rod back down into smaller pellets. He sent them at the lady, each one connecting with her torso, and one final one to her forehead. The impact from the blows knocked her off her feet, and she landed unconscious with a thud.

The man turned and prepared for a second charge, but Shen was already on to him. His feet stomped the ground as he adopted a neutral stance. In response, the earth under the man's feet wrapped around him, keeping him rooted. Shen smirked as he took two more steps forward, each step sending a large chunk of rock that protruded out with his movements, locking the man's arms and upper body. The man, now helpless, could only howl in rage as Shen threw Yun a glance.

He was done as well, albeit on his knees. Seeing as the air-bender was out cold on the ground, Shen knew Yun was alright. "Heh, you did great, boy," Shen said. "But you could use more work! So here, carry Ming."

He casually pointed to Ming's unconscious form. "I would carry her, but I can already hear her accusing me if I did that," Shen chuckled, turning to leave without letting Yun argue against the notion. Seeing as she trusted the owner of the Blue Box, and he in return, he figured it may not be too inappropriate to bring her to him.

Yun slowly stood up flexing his hand only to turn around seeing Shen had finished taking care of the other two, at the very least that meant they were safe for the time being. He wanted to get out of here as fast as possible before more of them came, he didn't want to take the risk of more of them showing up, especially with all the noise they made.
He looked over at Shen as he spoke to him offering a nod at the compliment but what he said next made his eyes twitch as he mentioned carrying Ming which Yun didn't agree with, more work or not he didn't like the idea and he was about to voice his complaint.
At least until Shen walked away not giving him the opportunity, he opened his mouth his eyes moving from Ming to the Shen who was steadily getting further away, a small groan escaped from him as he walked over to Ming kneeling down on one knee.
He didn't want to be left behind by Shen especially around here and going back without her wasn't an option, they did go through all the trouble to help her after all.
"I wonder if there's a way to carry her without touching her," Yun said crossing his arms. "Of course there isn't...all right let's see here."

Yun reached forward but pulled back his hand trying to figure out how to go about this, he could carry her in his arms...but he didn't like that idea. Having to look at her would just be a constant reminder of what he was doing, maybe over the shoulder...no that would just be uncomfortable and he'd look like he was kidnapping her.
After a bit of effort and ignoring how uncomfortable he was with all of this he got Ming's arms over his shoulders before he lifted her up carrying her on his back, moving his hands under her legs he let out a long sigh before walking after Shen.
At least this way he didn't have to look at her which made it a little easier, he jogged a little once Shen was in view walking alongside him.
"If she wakes up I have to deal with this you understand that right?" Yun said looking over at him. "I'm putting myself at risk here, there isn't a doubt in my mind Ming can hurt me."
Yun turned his attention forward wondering where they were going, since Shen didn't know this city either he figured they were heading back to Jinhai, at least he hoped that was the case as he didn't want to return to the Red Orchid anytime soon.
"By the way Shen, I'd appreciate it if my involvement in all this isn't mentioned. If I'm asked I'm going to tell them you took on all three. I wouldn't mind if you did the same," Yun said glancing over at him. "That goes towards Ming as well, I don't intend on saying anything."

Northern Water Tribe - Port

As the fresh crew boarded the ship, the captain checked off names from a sheet of paper, occasionally asking the members their names. At first sight, he didn't really seem like the tidy type but rather a halfwitted drunk, though it would seem that being both was quite possible. After having made sure that everyone was on board, the man climbed up to the deck and the ship started moving backwards without a hint of the sound of a motor. When it was out in the open, the man ordered the crew to prepare to sail with the pleasant wind.

Jinhai Su, peru
Jinhai might not like Ming's new friends and he might not trust the old guy much, but he had to admit, the dude could fight. Earth-bender, but on top of that he also seemed to have mastered Metal-bending pretty well. Jinhai turned Huan's head away as the child tried to catch a glimps of what was going on. The boy didn't need to see this. Jinhai himself followed all of the movements with steady eyes. First it was just the old guy and Jinhai almost considered jumping in. Three against one was doable, but not the best condition to fight in.

Ming went down. The young guy stepped in. Jinhai didn't want to let go of Huan, but at the same time he knew that he needed to help Ming. Luckily for him the young guy appeared to at least be somewhat adapt in punching people in the face. He was not completely useless then. Jinhai wondered why Ming chose this guy to trust besides from the fact that he didn't have a family either. He could understand the old guy. An experienced earth and metal-bender like him could certainly teach Ming something. But to immediately elope with them? Jinhai still was not sure about that decision.

Without his help the attackers were knocked out and Jinhai allowed Huan to turn his head back. The boy was staring with wide eyes to the people sprawled around him and started to sob again when he saw Ming's crumpled form. "Ming?!" He yelled at her as Yun picked the girl upon and hoisted her on his back. "She is going to be fine." Jinhai said before Huan could start yelling about death again. Ming was not going to die. Not from these wounds. The man shifted Huan a bit in his arms and turned to the two fighters. He made a quick decision.

"Follow me. I might have a place where we can take care of her." He said. He turned around and walked out of the alley. In the distance black smoke was rising up into the air and Jinhai's stomach turned when he realized that that was his bar. He had to take two breaths to calm down and keep walking on a normal pace. He wasn't sure if this was wise, but he had decided he would bring Ming to the house of his ex. it was the only place he could go at the moment. His own house was gone...

As it turned out as they arrived at Lian's frontdoor, it was not a wise decision at all. In hindsight Jinhai should have expected that turning up like this wouldn't exactly strike a good chord with her. After all, one of the reasons they'd split up was because Lian considered Jinhai's life too dangerous for their son and Jinhai hadn't agreed with that. He had grown up in the bar himself and had turned out perfectly fine. Lian didn't see it that way. As soon as she opened the door of her apartment Jinhai could see that same animosity in her eyes. Huan struggled out of his grip and jumped into her mother's arms, leaving Jinhai standing there with an extreme feeling off emptiness that Huan certainly had not wanted to evoke. Lian turned her accusing blue eyes on him. She had that quirck in her eyebrow that she always had when she was not pleased.

Jinhai recalled the events of the evening for her, explained what happened at the bar, what had happened with his house and with Ming, who was still unconsciouss. She needed help, he partly begged. Lian's eyebrows furrowed. "Huan could have been caught in that fire." She said. Jinhai rolled his eyes slightly. It always came down to this. "But he wasn't."

"He could have. He could have died! And then you bring him into a fight? With these people? People you don't know? Do you want our son to be dead?"

"Of course not. I didn't mean for any of this too happen."

"This is exactly what I said before. Your life is too dangerous. I mean, what are you thinking? Huan wasn't even supposed to be there. He wasn't supposed to be there after 5 pm, but you allowed him to stay anyway. He is eight."

"Lian, come on. She needs help and-"

"Go and get it somewhere else."

Huan tried chime in, uncomfortable with his parents fighting before his eyes. He understood that it was about him. Something was his fault. He had stayed at the bar and now his mother was mad at his father for letting him stay. He tried to tell her that, but Lian shushed her son with a curt handmovement.

"Well I don't exactly have a place to go at the moment." Jinhai said. He was getting angry now. The whole night had been absolutely the worst of his life. He had lost everything and had thought that at least someone would help him out here. But no, Lian had to go and dig up old arguments that they had run down for a thousand times. "And Ming can't just go to the police or something. Not with her record."

"Oh so now you are hooking our son up with criminals too. Yeah, that gives him a good basis of friends."

"Ming is not- That is not the point. She needs help-" I need some help.

But Jinhai's peruasions didn't make Lian bat an eye. She had made up her mind a while ago that Jinhai's influences wouldn't be good for their son. She hated him like this even though she could still see why she had loved him. Couldn't he see that he was going to bring their boy to ruins or have him killed? She would not have it. Nor would she deal anymore with criminals of any sort. And who knew who those two other figures really were. So instead of listening to Jinhai's words Lian took a step back and placed her hand on the doorhandle. They were done. Forever. Jinhai would never see her reason. "Please leave." she said.

"Lian...'

"Leave!" Her words became harsher. "And don't come back." She could see Jinhai's surprise in his dark eyes. Her own gaze hardened. "I will not open the door for you again." She held his gaze for another second. "Huan is safer without you." And with that she closed the door before his nose leaving the three men and the unconscious girl alone outside.

Shen shrugged. Why wouldn't the boy want to take the credit for the air-bender he rightfully defeated by himself was beyond him, but no reason to question it. Shen didn't speak of it, though he was more amused that the owner had bore witness to the entire battle and Yun's role in it. "Well, I won't say anything, but you'll have to ask that guy as well," Shen said, gesturing to the man with his amused half-smile. The small boy Ming was with earlier was promptly panicking over Ming's plight. It was mostly noise to Shen, but fortunately the owner, apparently the boy's father, was able to allay his fears.

Shen still didn't know how this man was related to Ming, and his mind was already exploring possibilities - like Ming being married to him, or Ming having had a tryst with him. He would have entertained the plausible realities had Jinhai not spoken up. Shen couldn't argue against that, being a mere tourist to the place. He simply followed, throwing the occasional glance over his shoulder to make sure Yun followed.

As they approached the building Jinhai led them to, Shen was starting to see the hesitation in his demeanor. He seemed to almost be regretting his choice at that point, but he went ahead anyway. The door was opened by a lady who was immediately exuding intense hostility. The small boy, however, readily ran into her arms. That was when Shen's earlier flights of fantasy was dispelled. This lady was the boy's mother. Shen kept silent as he tried to keep a polite distance away, but it was hard not to eavesdrop.

Instead, he tried to focus on the small boy; the poor boy, caught in the crossfire between his parents. He began to wonder if he would go on to try to better himself in order to bring the two together; if he would succeed, would he lose himself in the glory of his achievements. Shen averted his gaze, pretending to be as disinterested as he can seem. Meanwhile, the conversation between the two were clearly not progressing well, regardless. Before long, the door was slammed in Jinhai's face.

Shen sighed softly. "We could, perhaps, go back to the Red Orchid. I do still have a room there I could pay for, could get everyone a room as well," Shen offered, as he forced on an awkward smile.

Yun nodded his head in thanks to Shen who at least agreed to keep it between themselves, though it seemed Jinhai had witnessed the matter as well and he didn't like the idea of asking him to keep it to himself...but he didn't have much choice in the matter.
Putting that thought aside for now he noticed Huan approach and start showing concern for Ming, he wanted to say something to put his fears to rest but nothing came to mind that could bring comfort to the child's mind.
He was glad when Jinhai stepped forward and found the words to calm him down, and hearing he had a place they could take Ming he felt a bit of relief, the sooner she was healed the sooner he could set her down, he was extremely conscious of the person he was carrying right now.
He followed behind Jinhai towards the location, since he and Ming seemed to be close he figured he wasn't going to take them to an alley and be done with them, especially with his son here so he made sure to keep up.
Yun with a small 'hup' tried to keep his grip on Ming his hands moving up for a moment causing him to squeeze something that made him suppress a pained grunt before moving his hands back down.
".....for the love of all things decent let this person be able to help," he mumbled.
That was harassment and he did everything his power to repress everything about this moment as he caught up with the two.

When they reached their destination he glanced over at Jinhai seeing him mentally prepare for something, he arched a brow seeing this wondering what was making him so nervous. This guy ran a fighting ring full of guys twice his size with muscles that seemed to have their own muscles attached.
What could cause this man to hesitate who ran out and punched one of the guys without a moments hesitation.
When a woman opened the door Yun blinked a few times before watching Huan run into her arms.
"Ah...that makes sense," he said more to himself than at anyone in particular.
He could feel her malice from here and he took a cautious step back and averted his eyes from the scene deciding to just pretend he wasn't there, that was hard though when she pointed Shen and himself out causing him to turn his head away a bit more.
He couldn't really blame her for her words...but it kind of hurt the way she said it though he remained silent.
He'd prefer a punch from a thug then the verbal assault happening right now.

When the conversation concluded, which he regretted listening too seeing the result, Yun hesitantly looked back at Jinhai, she wasn't going to help Ming...and Jinhai seemed to have lost something else today.
No words of comfort were going to resolve what just happened, Yun wasn't sure he could muster it up anyway so he just remained silent.
Shen spoke up and recommended the Red Orchid, Yun's eyes twitched at this but he just shut them clearly not pleased with the idea...but he opened them and looked at Jinhai then back at Ming.
He sighed as it didn't matter whether he liked it, this wasn't a situation to be selfish in and they had no other place to go.
"Yeah let's go to the Red Orchid," Yun said. "A good cup of tea might do us all some good..."
Yun glanced in Shen's direction before offering a small shake of his head.
"Please inform the girl not to come within five feet of me if you're buying," Yun whispered to Shen.

Jinhai Su, peru
Jinhai stared to the door. Behind it he could hear Huan's voice drifting away from him. Lian's calm voice answering his questions until they had moved out of the little hallway and Jinhai couldn't hear them anymore. The wood before him had suddenly become this insurmountable object. He vaguely mentioned that the two people behind him were talking about going back to the Red Orchid. Jinhai was still staring at the door when suddenly it got through to him that, of course, the Red Orchid was Ming's home. For so far you could call that place a home. He didn't know what he would deem a better place to grow up, a fighting club or a brothel. A frown spread over his face as he tried to pierce the wood before him with his eyes..

"No," he said to both of the men. He shook his head and turned around. "No." Going back to the Red Orchid was probably a good idea because there were people that knew Ming, people that could take care of her, but somehow it didn't feel right. Ming had been serious about leaving. She had really wanted to go. Jinhai looked at the face that was resting soundly on the young guy's shoulder. She would look almost peaceful were it not for the bruises and cuts that were covering her.

He took a step away from the door which cost him more effort then he would like to admit. "Ming wanted to leave the city. She told me she wanted to leave the city with you guys and asked me to come along..." He took a couple more steps so that he stood next to Yun and could examine Ming. "If we bring her back to the Red Orchid, she is never going to leave. She will be home again. And she will regret it." He dared not to look back at the door behind him, though the alternative was looking forwards to the smoke that had been his bar. He couldn't... He couldn't handle all of this right now. So he turned his head sideways. There he was between the ruins of his life and suddenly the city smothered him. Everything reminded him of what he now had lost.

"Let's leave." The words felt strange coming out of his mouth. He was opting to do the same as Ming had suggested to him before, the same thing for which he had ridiculed her. He opted to leave with two strangers. He was fleeing. Running away. He knew it. But who the fuck cared. What was here anyway for him now that everything had burned now? He turned to the two men. "You guys were planning to leave anyway right? So let's go. I can carry Ming," he offered Yun as he saw how the boy was slightly struggling. Besides he needed to have something still familiar around and so far Ming was the only thing he had left.

Reactions: RoranHawkins
Mei and Luca - Moving South

On the second morning of the ship's departure, just as the sun set, the waves deliberately hitting the ship from behind weakened and eventually stopped. Luca's eyes baggy eyes were revealed with the first light. He let out a yawn and made his way down to the lower deck with a tuna sandwich in his hand. He had only slept a few hours during the time before the sun had set the day before. He hoped to find a drink down there that could help him down the bread and fish. According to the captain, one of the barrels had some ale. He didn't really like the thing but it wasn't like he had much of a choice.

This whole plan was stupid. Why had she even thought this would be exciting? Why hadn't she been way more careful or deciding a more comfortable manner to travel? Cursing herself mentally, Mei started to however think about another problem. How would she get something else than apples? How would she get access to clean water? Clenching her hands into fists, Mei was growing more discontent about her decision. This was her worst idea ever. Even more than when she had thought she wouldn't need any training to ride on a horse. That plan had ended terribly, but it wasn't as bad as the current one.

The boy started to mutter a sea shanty as he started opening the lids of the barrels to find the liquid clear. "... Fish... Fish... Water?" He sniffed the liquid and dug his hand into it. "Salt water with fish... Fish... Bread... Mei... Fish... Bread... ....!" He froze in his tracks as he was about to close the lids for the bread barrel. He took a few steps back and opened the barrel in which he'd seen the girl, raising an eyebrow. He shut it again, sighing. "I need some sleep..."

Her eyes were big and wide open. Her mouth had even lowered, but no sound came from it. But as she feared what would happen, the lid was closed. Blinking several times, Mei still stared at the lid. That was it? Though having turned a bit pale, Mei wasn't sure if she was dreaming or not. Had that person just ignored her? Was it something usual, people traveling in barrels? Confused herself, Mei started to grow worried. What if she had managed to get into a smuggle of humans? What would happen if they would sell her later as some sort of slave? Panicking, Mei wasn't sure if it was wise to stay in the barrel.

Luca had taken a bite from the sandwich right before he stared back at the barrel. Wait.... His mush brain started working as he got his nourishment. He quickly walked back to the barrel and opened the lid again. He stared in for a good few seconds, squinting his eyes until he could actually discern an image. "...Mei?"

She flinched. Slowly looking up, Mei looked back at a face that was quite familiar. Squinting her eyes as well, Mei wasn't certain of anything anymore at this point. It was probably due those apples. They were poisoned, she was certain of it. Clearing her throat, Mei reacted back. Trying to sound cheerful. "Yeeess?" Trying to smile, Mei wasn't certain if he would buy the act. "What a nice weather, isn't it? And a nice surprise to see you here. Also on your way.... euhm... Luca? Right? Yes!"

The boy raised an eyebrow. "You've been in here since we left?" he asked, seeing how he hadn't really taken notice to her presence earlier and how she was hiding inside a barrel, all cramped up. He couldn't help but snicker, walking backwards, away from the barrel in order to get more room to laugh in as quietly as he could. A day and a half in that thing.

She tried to shrug, but it wasn't really something she could pull off. It felt very uncomfortable. "Perhaps. Have you been on deck since we left?" She asked back, trying to be funny. Only to give up a second later. "Could we please, keep this between us?" She asked, trying to pull herself out of the barrel. Only then she noticed how annoying it was. Getting in wasn't a problem. But staying stuck in a barrel for some time and then trying to get out was an annoying pain.

"I wouldn't imagine telling the captain," he said. "You must be hungry, huh?" He took a large bite from his sandwich, some of the bread stuffed out of his mouth, before holding the rest out to her. "You can have this if you'd like. There's plenty food upstairs." Swallowing the bite, he flashed a smile as his hand hung in the air.

Managing to get out of the barrel, Mei looked surprised at Luca's direction. Sure, he had seemed pretty nice and friendly before. But she hadn't considered him to be this helpful. If it were up to her, she would've probably blackmailed him if things were the other way. Accepting the sandwich, she glanced past him. "There is?" Taking a small bite, she quickly started to think. Clearing her mouth, she would ask him something. "I know we don't know each other for a long time, but mind to help me out? I'll try to pay you back later."

"Sure," he said with a grin. "I'll bring you some food now and then so that you don't die of hunger, though I hope you have a stomach made of steel. There's really nothing but tuna sandwiches." He thought for a moment before detaching the pouch wrapped around his waist. He opened its lid and gulped some of the water down and then lent it to Mei. "Here, have some water. Don't finish it though; that's all I have."

That went surprisingly easy, she thought to herself. Not sure if he was just gullible, Mei found herself actually liking the fact that he was willing to help her without much of a second thought. Smiling, she nodded. Accepting the pouch, Mei stared it for a moment. Then she took a sip from it. It was strange how nice water was if one was surrounded by apples for a long day. Letting out a loud sigh, Mei took another sip, this time a bigger one. "Thank you very much." She said, her tone however a bit soft. "By the way, where is this ship heading towards?" Mei asked, trying to start a more comfortable conversation.

The boy took the pouch and attached to his belt before turning back to her and replying. "To Shangtan," he replied. "I was thinking of going to the Fire Nation but there was a ship, and I've never really been to Shangtan, so..." He thought for a moment. "How about you? How did you end up in that wooden barrel?" he asked, bemused.

Shangtan. Mei thought about it. The city didn't really attract her personally, but her curiosity grew. Perhaps it would be a city where she could fill her wallet with money and then not need to do anything shady to fill them again. Disturbed from her thoughts by Luca's question, Mei blinked once with her eyes. "The barrel?" She threw glance towards the doomed object. Not a particularly happy glance. "I was running low on money. So I decided to take a cheaper way. Not really my best idea, I can assure you of that."

Luca chuckled a bit, seeing how the captain was the one who would be the one paying up once they arrived at port. "I guess that makes sense," he said, the sound of amusement still hinted in his voice. He felt that it was best not to mention that at this point. "Do you have a plan or a route once we arrive at Shangtan?" he asked curiously.

We? Mei was confused for a moment. She hadn't considered to travel with Luca. It made her waver and then shrug. "I've not thought about it. I have several places in mind." Thinking about her list, Mei smiled while she stared in front of herself. "I've been wanting to travel to the far east of the Earth Kingdom. To the Southern Water Tribe and of course Viola." Mei looked at Luca, her smile growing. "I've heard that the culture there is diverse. People from every nation has settled there, making it a sort of mix. I'm very curious for that particular place."

"Well, it's not a very adventerous place," he said, sighing. "It's stable, peaceful and even decent but it's not really a place where mischief is commonplace. The authorities there are quite strict..." Luca paused for a moment. "East Earth Kingdom... Y'know, I live there," he said, grinning. "In Ba Sing Se. Normally, at least. I don't plan on going back home for some time, though..."

That didn't indeed sound very interesting. Even a bit disappointed, Mei had to admit. "At least the culture would be interesting." She mumbled to herself. She still wanted to visit the place. It had something alluring. "You lived there?" She was surprised. He had lived in Ba Sing Se? She had heard stories about it, but couldn't believe them. "Is it true that there are huge walls, so high that they touch the clouds in the sky?" She asked, but directly asked another question. "And is it true that it is so huge that it is almost a nation itself?"

"Well, I never actually climbed it," he said jokingly, chuckling. "And sure, the city's large but... It's not that large." A smile grew on his lips as he thought up something. "I know the place pretty well, though. If you ever need a guide there, I can help." Luca put one hand on his back and flicked at the lid of the pouch.

For a moment, Mei was lost in her day dreams. She was still wondering about the rumours she had heard from several traders. Of course some stories and rumours were a bit 'too much'. Sighing softly, Mei returned to the present. When he implied he wouldn't mind to act as guide, Mei frowned and looked a bit amused. "Are you now suggesting we should travel together, Luca?" She asked, on a friendly tone. It was an interesting thought. And one that made her waver. She had been on her own and had came to like the silent and peace. Nobody else to watch over or knowing what one liked or disliked. But then again, some company would be nice.

Luca was a bit surprised at the question. His eyeballs rolled up for a moment as he thought. "Hm... Well, I haven't really thought about it but it would be pleasant to have someone around when travelling," he said with a grin. "If you're also looking for a travelling companion, I'd be glad to fill that role." He looked back at Mei, his eyes gleaming.

Looking surprised, Mei had thought he had made a suggestion. Suddenly she let out a soft laughter, trying to surpress it. Holding a hand for her mouth, for a moment, Mei managed to reply after that. "I'll consider it, I trully will. You seem decent and capable of being useful." She winked, saying it in a teasing tone. Placing her hands on her lap, Mei thought about it. "What is your plan then? Are you going to another place soon after Shangtan?"

"I don't really have a plan, to be honest. I was just thinking of going to the nearest city," he answered with a pleasant tone. "Though I might visit home. For a brief while, at least." His answer made her consider her decision already. He thus meant to travel back to Ba Sing Se, which was one of the places on her list. It would be nice to have a companion, cause then she would have somebody to rely on if something nasty would happen. "I'll sleep a night over it, but seeing you've been helping me, I think it is my turn to make sure I can help you back."

"Oh, that's right!" Luca jumped in his spot. "It's morning now. You might wanna catch some sleep now, if you're planning on getting any at all. At night, not many people go out of the quarters. Well, except me, but, that's my shift...." Sighing the boy glanced at the door. "I oughta get some sleep too. I've been up all night. It's tiring work..." Sighing, the boy took a few steps towards the door. "You can find me on the deck, at the stern of the ship, if you need anything like food or water once the lights are out."

Mei nodded, to show she understood it. "Thanks a lot, Luca. Sleep well." Looking around, Mei wasn't sure where she could sleep without having a too huge risk of being discovered. Perhaps she should try to hide back into the barrel, but the thought made her shiver. It wasn't really something she enjoyed. Deciding that she would look for a place where she could hide herself and yet lay down, Mei smiled towards Luca, rising up. "And thank you. I owe you one."

"Not at all," Luca said as he turned one last time before walking outside onto the deck. A few minutes later he briefly opened the door and threw in a large, red blanket, big enough to consume and conceal Mei. It hit the ground as the door quickly slammed.

First scared, Mei looked over her shoulder. She was trying to look for a decent place, but then saw the blanket slowly falling to the ground. Blinking several times, she wasn't sure. Walking towards it, Mei stared at it for a long moment. Picking it up, she was still surprised. Throwing a glance at the door, Mei would turn around and find a place to hide and sleep. With a smile on her lips.

Yun looked over at Jinhai as he declined Shun's idea his brow arching a bit at this, Ming needed help right now and he was pretty sure they had some medicine there, he only carried a little on himself due to previous mistakes but he was pretty sure it wasn't going to cover all of these wounds.
When Jinhai explained his reasoning though Yun could see where he was coming from, both Shen and himself heard that argument earlier, her wanting to leave was common knowledge to them, they expected her to return there anyway.
If they took her back on the same day that'd be incredibly embarrassing, Big Bo at least gave her a couple of weeks.
Yun wasn't sure what to think about the situation, Ming needed help...but for the sake of her pride was it okay not to return her there...though if he was put in the same situation he wouldn't want to go back...granted it was a brothel too but that was another matter.
"...well let's at least avoid her getting hurt more then," Yun said shaking his head. "I don't keep that much medicine on me...not that it would really help with this anyway."

Yun looked over at Jinhai as he spoke of leaving, a sentiment Yun was all for after everything that happened today. It had been a while since he had been surrounded by this much chaos in one day, it seemed never ending and he feared this brief respite would be interrupted by something if they stood here too long. Maybe the city had five serials killers, they apparently already had one, he could be standing in the spot he always killed people in right now as some sort of sick pleasure, he couldn't doubt it completely.
Yun took a small step to the left before answering Jinhai as he mentioned carrying Ming.
"Oh...I appreciate it but I got her. I mean you-"
Yun cut himself off and stared at Jinhai for a moment, he couldn't read the man much less what he was thinking but he felt declining his offer wasn't the right thing at the moment, after everything that's happened he felt saying no to this, even if he was doing it to avoid one less burden on him, was the wrong move.
"...okay you can carry her," he said. "However I have a favor to ask before that though, when Ming wakes up if she asks about what happened please leave my involvement out of it. From the fight down to carrying her, I don't care if you say I hid in a barrel nearby or cowered behind a crate just please don't mention me doing anything. I'm just going to say Shen beat all three of them up and you carried her."
His peace said Yun gently set Ming down and moving his arms under her lifted her up in his arms before stepping forward holding out to Jinhai.
"Here...please take her cause I can't hold her like this for long. I'm not sure how exactly we're getting her out of here. I'm leaving that all to Shen and his Earthbending, I'm just going to offer moral support on that."

Shen folded his arms, staring in the distance contemplatively. What Jinhai said made sense, though Shen was thinking 'what good is pride'. As far as he was concerned, as there was need to find room and recuperate, why not return to the Red Orchid? If she cannot leave after staying there once, then her resolve to leave was pathetic at best. However, he noted not everyone will think like he did and so he kept his thoughts to himself. Instead, he watched Jinhai struggle with his emotions. Behind him, a wife and child to leave behind, and before him a livelihood lost. Shen could not say anything seeing him this way. When he finally spoke, Shen chuckled, hoping to lighten the mood. "And so our party grows," he mused, as Yun passed Ming's still unconscious body to Jinhai to carry. "Though I don't really understand why wouldn't you want to take credit for defeating that air bender."

Shen looked over to Yun, baffled. "But whatever though. How shall we leave anyway? Dig a tunnel out?"

Although he said the latter idea in jest, he had to admit it was a fairly sound one. Unlike with any of the Earth Kingdom cities, it was unlikely there was going to be authorities that were exceptionally skilled in earth bending enough to detect the tunnel being dug right under them. "Heh, sounds like an idea, doesn't it," Shen remarked, looking to the group for their approval.

"Long is the way and hard, that out of Hell leads up to light."

NEW EVENT: ESCAPE FROM SHANGTAN

And the city of Shangtan stood before them, no longer lightheartedly dangerous and warm, but instead with the ominous feelings of hostility and cold; The Blue Box was burnt down, and the Red Orchid remained a reminder to both Ming and Jinhai that some people are trapped and remain forever behind the soot-stained walls of the metropolis. Unspoken, yet acknowledged by all, the truth rang clear in the mind of the new group - if they returned to the Orchid, they may never leave.

Even in the night, the Downtown district was alive with light and colour still - raunchy music wafted from the sleazy brothels, whilst the sound of drunken men and women hollering to each other assaulted the ears of many from the various bars. If one strained to hear, they would listen to the sound of the unfortunate and unwary, of fist meeting flesh and bodies crumpling to the floor.

If Ming's description of the City remained true, then the worst was yet to come, but perhaps under the cover of the dark and seemingly endless night would the trio be able to find a way out. A tunnel, perhaps, would be interesting to pull off; but the assumptions made are very risky. What's not to say that the guards of the Emissary - who, doubtless, deal with powerful benders of all types in order to protect their foreign guests - will not notice them, or will be merciful and avoid crushing them under the earth and rock?

Stealth is undeniably an option, however there is more than one exit from the City...For deep in the bitter chill of the mountains overshadowing the Industrial District, a long-forgotten mine shaft lies buried under rubble - no Earthbender had yet to visit the tunnel due to rumours of it's hauntedness. (Jinhai would know of this tunnel, but it is unlikely that the other two would be able to recognise or know of it if they aren't locals.)

Time is running short, however - the swiftly darkening night warns of the daytime, and on top of that, thin and warm trickles of blood escape from Ming's wounds, slowly ticking away the time she has...

A warm homecoming!
Part I

A collab done by RedFox, Chromehound and Lesli.

Summary :
Aiko, Hayate and Kaen meet after a long time. Little do they know it is a gathering thah will change their lives.

I hope you will all enjoy reading this just as we enjoyed writing it!

[spoili]

"Here we are again ... Viola. Would you believe that I am back where it all started for me, Aiko?"

Kaen asked this as they walked through the city gates of Viola, the place where his journey started. He had mixed memories from his life in the city, but as he thought about it, he was glad things went as they did. Just as Matsukaze taught him, everything happened for a reason."Viola, a place where the rich care only about getting more rich, and the poor struggle about not being any more poor. But at least the Elemental nations and their politic have no power here."

Kaen´s robe that he always wore was partially open, revealing his figure and some of his magatama tattoos on his neck. His fans, together with kunai and medical pouch were hanging on his waist, together with a small puch used to store liquids."Do you have any memories about this city, Aiko?"

Her hands were down, her thumbs only stuffed into the pockets of her pants, Aiko had a playful grin on her thin lips. She eyed her companion, Kaen, sideways. "If I remember it alright, it was also the place where my first failure happened." Though it had bothered her for some time, Aiko didn't remember that event with any ill will towards Kaen. Walking by his side, she threw a glance around. Her memories about the city? "I've some of them. But nothing really special. Wait, no." She frowned, thinking about one. "I do have you... and two others. Other than that? I don't really remember any other special memories from the city." There was a moment when Aiko thought about her childhood and the memories that were followed up by that. But the woman managed to push them away. Those weren't meant for friendly talk as they would only lower down the mood.

While Aiko walked next to Kaeon, her toan, Tiriel, followed her. Though Tiriel was quite a mischievous creature, it seemed he at the moment listening. Much to Aiko's relief and joy, as she threw a glance over her shoulder.

Leaning over the workbench, Hayate was deep in concentration. A bead of sweat fell from his forehead, landing on the heated metal below and causing a quick hiss of steam as it evaporated. "There!" Standing up, Hayate lifted his goggles so that they rested on his forehead. Wiping the sweat and grime from his face, or at least attempting to, Hayate looked down at his work. "All finished Ronin. Maybe this one will pull us in a decent sum."

Ronin glanced down from his position, hanging upside fown from the roof. The small critter gnawed on a large cabbage leaf, looking over Hayate's work with intelligent eyes. Stuffing the rest of the leaf in his mouth, Ronin clapped with his now free hands.

Grinning, Hayate turned to look back at his latest invention. He was proud of this one. It had a little more elegance than some of his prior creations and its simplistic functionality would appeal to the wealthier market, or so he hoped...

"Probably your last one, ain´t that right, Aiko? You know ... you managed to get quite a reputation in Viola. Not only in Viola. The Si Wong Desert heard about you ... the Patola Mountain Range. I would not be surprised by Ba Sing Se knowing about you. " He returned with a grin of his own. He was not having any sort of similar reputation, he avoided the events of the large cities way too much for that. He actually felt a bit uncomfortable in them, but this time, he had to come."Ah ... us two. Yes, this city has given me the pleasure to get to know you, Aiko. That´s something big. Very big. "

After a brief pause, he continued." You were one of my first friends after ... you know ... he passed away. After I met you, I had the pleasure with Hayate, Feng ... yeah. You all changed my life. Like ... a gust of wind can change the fate of fire. " He once again silenced himself for a few moments, before turning to face Aiko." So ... what do you except from meeting with Hayate again? Last time, we got involved in ... certain interesting things. I am sure you remember it as well as I do."

Kaen made Aiko think. "I think so. Though I hope not that I'm that well known." Lifting her left arm up, to rub her neck, Aiko didn't care for fame. Neither money. Both weren't important for her. The game was. And though she wanted to tell Kaen that she had made more mistakes and had more failures with contracts than only with the one where he happened to be there, causing her to fail at that contract, Aiko decided to not tell him of that. Besides, she felt a bit ashamed of it. "Expecting? I expect that he will probably have invented something small that will be either fun or perhaps, I don't know." Aiko let out a short laughter. "I always am expecting him to make something explode. I don't know where that came from, but he just... gives me the idea that one of these days we'll hear that he has made something that went completely wrong." Though Aiko said it in an amused fashion, she had a high opinion of Hayate. She respected that he kept doing what he liked to do, even though she wondered if he would ever succeed into making a wealthy living with his current occupation.

Sweeping off the bench, Hayate began cleaning up. He placed his latest invention on his display shelf, throwing the scraps of leftover metal and wiring into his pile of... less succssful work. Stretching out, Hayate hadn't realized how stiff he was from spending so much time hunched over the workbench. Smiling up at the Red Howler, Hayate asked, "So what now Ronin? Shall we get ourselves cleaned up and see about selling some of this stuff?" Gesturing towards his display shelf, where he kept his more successful work, Hayate waited to see what his friend would do.

Ronin made a bit of a squeaking sound as if insulted that he should have to clean up. Grinning and shaking his head, Hayate tossed the animal another cabbage leaf. Pulling one off for himself, Hayate began chewing. That cabbage remained the last of their food, so hopefully he would be able to sell some of this stuff soon.

"Ah, yes. You can expect everything from Hayate ... well, I think that in the end, he will do the right thing. And he will do something great for this world. Inventions are a great way to do so. And he is great at inventing ... stuff. Guess what, Aiko. If that something goes wrong, who will have to stop it?" He asked and chuckled. He was sure that one day, it will have to come." Anyway, his workshop should be just arround the corner, shouldn´t it be? I can´t wait to see him."

She smiled. That was indeed the best way to describe it. To expect everything from him. Hm, perhaps not everything, she thought. But it didn't matter much to her. When Kaen asked her who would have to stop it in case something would go wrong, Aiko let out a soft chuckle. "I do hope you mean the two of us. Or better, everybody who could be present." As reaction to his other question, Aiko nodded. Though the block they were walking through wasn't that great, but a rather poor part of the city, Aiko felt great to be here. Or, that wasn't really the way to describe it, she thought as she saw some buildings. She was eager to see how Hayate was doing. After all, she had brought him a little gift. "You know," Aiko started. "Do you think that Hayate is old enough now to learn Sakebending?" Aiko asked, winking.

Using his grease cloth to wipe his face, Hayate sighed. Throwing the rag aside, he cracked his knuckles and looked around, wondering what he could do. Hearing a sound at the door, Hayate smiled. A potential customer! Preparing to launch into his well-practiced spiel, Hayate had already taken a step towards the door when it burst open. His eyes widening in surprise, Hayate took an involuntary step backwards. Several large men burst into the tiny shop, somehow making the situation even more imposing.

Confused as to what was happening, Hayate was already thinking of a way out. "Um... " He started, stammering. "Welcome to my workshop, h--how can I help you today?"

None of the men's faces held any expression, which scared Hayate more than anything. After a brief pause, the man in the center stepped forwards. "Are you Hayate Kyozu?" His eyes widening, Hayate glanced around, hoping to see another exit that he knew wasn't there...

"Uh... No. He just left, I'm... his assistant?" Hayate's words didn't even convince himself and thoughts of how many ways this guy could snap him in half began flashing through his mind. Sneering, the large man shook his head. "Your father paid us a very good sum of money to bring you home. So, how would you like to do this?"
[/spoili]

Jinhai Su, peru
Ever so careful Jinhai took Ming from the younger guy and held her in his arms. She looked frail and small. She was frail and small, especially if you compared her to him. Normally however that was compensated by the loud mouth she carried and her capability to actually pack a punch. But now unconsciouss she looked more like a tiny girl then she had ever been. Carrying her would not be a problem. She was not that heavy.

Before him the old dude and the young guy babbled a bit. Jinhai was about to dismiss it when he caught the word "tunnel." First he wanted to snort and shake his head. What a stupid plan. As if they could just tunnel out of the city like that. If they could then the whole ground would be swamped in tunnels. But his snort managed to be cut of midway as he realized that perhapse there was actually a way to make use of a tunnel. He shifted Ming slightly in his arms so that her head would rest more comfortable against his shoulder.

"Actually..." he started, "That might be an idea. A tunnel." He looked pensive to the two. "You are a pretty adept Earth-bender I saw. So we might have a shot. Quite a while ago there was this problem with the mines in the Industry District. One of them collapsed, caused several deaths. The news was all over it. Thing it, it was never opened again, but if we could open it we could use it to get out. The mine tunnels through the complete mountain so if we make it we would be out and free."

"Besides,"
he shot a glance to the sky, taking extra precaustion that he would not look at the smoke on his right side that was slowly drifting away. "It is perhaps the only thing we can reach from here before the cover of night stops hiding us. Agreed?" Jinhai hardly waited for a reply. Instead he turned around while trying to figure out in his head what would be the best way to walk. After considering some options he started to walk out of the street. Though he knew it was not true he could swear that somewhere he could hear Huan's voice. His jaw tightened. He would be back. And he would see his son again, one way or another.

@Superpiggeh @Fieryfly @RainyDays

Yun didn't go into how happy he was that Jinhai was actually taking Ming, having to feel that constant warmth on him was actually getting to him a little, he rotated his shoulders his whole body seeming to relax a little before he crossed his arms over his chest.
Yun remained silent as Shen questioned why he didn't want to take credit, just offering a shrug as that was something he didn't want to go into, seeing he was willing to leave the matter alone a small relieved sigh came from it.
When Shen mentioned tunnels Yun tilted his head bringing a hand to his chin, well it was better then trying to run out the front door with Ming he liked the idea.

When Jinhai spoke saying there was actually a tunnel Yun's attention went right to him hearing this particular news, his eyes widened at Jinhai hearing the possibility of an exit. Shen was a pretty good Earthbender, even if he wasn't he at least knew how to which meant they had a chance of escaping, the part about escaping before night fall pushed Yun to accept every part of this idea.
Minus being potentially buried alive underneath a tunnel that had already collapsed, he didn't like that part but it was a chance to escape or a horrifying end trapped under rubble, he couldn't think of any other option...well one where all of them escaped.
He had promised Ming he'd help her get out of the city so just leaving them behind wasn't an option...that and the more people between him and violence was fine by him.
Watching Jinhai already leaving he sighed, they could have discussed it as a group first...but their options were limited anyway.
"We should go Shen, I'm trusting you on this. This place has already collapsed once, I can't bend so it's all on you. Let's hurry before we're left behind."
Yun walked ahead slightly jogging to catch up with Jinhai, a chance to escape the city, he wasn't going to let that pass.
"Here's hoping someone else didn't have the same idea," Yun said.

A smug expression crept on to Shen's face as he listened to Jinhai relate the news about the mines to him. It certainly wasn't what he expected, but being the one to offer a viable solution to their current predicament made him feel somewhat proud of himself. Yun, on the other hand, decided not to respond to his query about his preference to hide his own talents. Instead, he offered a shrug that suggested he was not willing to talk more about it. It was a shrug that annoyed Shen somewhat, but he respected Yun's privacy... For now at least. "Well, whatever, boy. When push comes to shove, you'll probably have to do your own thing," Shen said dismissively. "I am good, I won't deny that; but I can't protect everyone at the same time."

Shifting his attention to Jinhai, he began walking after the man. He was about to resign himself to a silent walk when Yun's remark got him speaking once more. "Aw, boy, if someone has the same idea, that's when the fun begins," he guffawed. His eyes wandered to Jinhai's back, and immediately he could feel a sense of... profound sadness. Shen was not the sort of person overly inclined to show empathy, but he couldn't ignore what he saw in Jinhai. Keeping in pace beside Jinhai, he tried to broach a new subject to take his mind off the recent events. "So... Whats your story?" He probed, though as he did so, a quick glance at Ming compelled him to change the subject as quickly as he spoke. "Hm, we best hurry, the girl's not going to be well if we don't make it fast."

He gestured over to the blood oozing out of her wounds. "Might want to fix that as we move," he suggested as they walked.

Fang Lei

Home coming,
At least, sort off...

He sighed as he would get off board. The travel towards Viola hadn't been a fun one. Ever since the events that had transpired in Omashu, Fang had to be double care before he would make a move. He had seen some posters and suspected it was the work of the one who had murdered the king of Omashu. The amulet of the late king was in his shoulder bag and not for one moment had Fang not let it get far from him. He suspected that coming to Viola he would be able to get a light breath pause before he would need to make plans in order to get things back to 'normal' again.

Shoving his hands into his pockets, Fang's lips were tugged as he wasn't happy with the developments in overall. He had yet to sign a letter to brief his order what had happened. And just before he would possibly be relocated, just his luck. But it could have been worse, he tried to reason with himself. For what all could happen was that he could've been murdered already. Though Fang was doubtful if he had ever something as a guardian angel or divine luck. Perhaps just a fool's luck, but he just couldn't believe in such things.

Deciding that he first would eat something and take a nap, before he would attend to his duties and trying to form some security, Fang decided to head over to an inn that he was familiar with. Wondering if the owner, the old grumpy Ping, was still working or one of his sons having taken over, Fang had a slight grin appearing on his lips.

@RoranHawkins @Superpiggeh @Fieryfly @Mizos

ESCAPE FROM SHANGTAN: Industrial District

Eventually, the team's aimless wandering towards the industrial district brings them away from the bright lights and raucous laughter of the Downtown district. Instead, their footwear crunches and slides on filthy grey slush trod down by countless other feet, as the biting wind becomes more prominent and the night becomes a lot colder, and more hostile.

The closely cramped Downtown district, with its warm lights and smog, provided some sort of protection from the freezing temperatures of the mountain to which Shangtan is inevitably clinging to like a parasite. However, it's undeniable that this warmth does not stretch as far as the Industrial district, as the slush soon hardens into ice in the night and the buildings seem to crumble in and become more derelict the further into the maze of factories.

Here, the area did not attempt to look cheerful. Cracked and boarded windows glowed only faintly with dim candlelight, and the silence within is pierced by the crunch of snow on boot, the occasional fit of coughs and the faint, despondent wails of a crying baby. The very atmosphere itself seems to be trying to draw out the happiness from you as the icy winds drift through your clothes and the dark haze of night throws indistinct shadows over your vision.

Here, there were not so many night lurkers. On the odd occasion, you would pass a couple of men or women, talking lowly amongst themselves, who would regard you with fear and scurry back into the cracked stone buildings where they rested. However, there was a constant, which became more apparent now that you had left the Downtown district...

...Two smallish, shadowy figures appear to be jumping from rooftop to rooftop, sometimes creating ledges for easier movement, whilst keeping a close eye on your group. You are being followed.

MING
The fragility of the young girl reaches its limits when she is in such a state. Before, Ming had an aura of what could only be called 'self confidence to the point of invulnerability' - always ready, as it were, to pick a fight and always seeming adamant in her belief that she would win. But now, with the wounds she had suffered at the hands of an unfair three-on-one battle, she really did seem as young as she ought to be, slumped carelessly over Jinhai's back.​
The cold and bitter wind played a part in reviving Ming back into consciousness; for she shifted her weight a little whilst being carried, and pressed her face into the crook of Jinhai's shoulder in an attempt to keep warm. Dully, her golden eyes opened once more and blearily took in the surroundings, without really seeing.​
It wasn't really surprising - after all, a horrid poppy bruise has started to form upon the side of her face where the thick iron chain struck her temple. The effects of a concussion were easy to spot, especially by the unfocused look in her eyes. The pallor of her skin also betrayed the signs of blood loss - whilst some of her wounds have congealed into thick scabs, others still seep blood into the silken fabric of her clothes.​
She let out a small groan and mutters something incoherently about it being cold, whilst she tightened her grip on Jinhai to avoid falling. She seemed, at the moment, content with trying to either gain her bearings or be lulled back into unconsciousness, depending on which happened first.​

Shun Min, orange
Running out of an alley, his personal firebender resting lightly yet firmly in his hands, he suddenly encountered the person he had out of all possible persons, considered the least likely to encounter. Jinhai? In the slum districts? Well, considering the strangeness of today, he could not say he was that surprised. Looking around hastily to see if he could still see the police tracking him, he stepped towards the group and-... They were carrying that arrogant girl? She was injured? Serves her right, he thought. Wait, that was the thin guy and the short buff guy! Why were they travelling here together of all places? With Jinhai...?

"Well amongst the things I did not expect to find here at his hour you are just a tad less unexpected than a beached whale." He greeted them, but Jinhai in particular.

Jinhai Su
As they were walking Jinhai wondered what the relationship between the two men was. From their conversation - Jinhai himself wasn't talking, he didn't feel like he had anything to say - he understood that the older man was named Shen. Shen and Yun. But it didn't sound like they knew each other very well. Had they just met? As Jinhai mulled over these thoughts they entered the slums of Shangtan, as he liked to call them. Everything was glum here and Jinhai was very glad that he was not livin- (He had to correct himself) that he had not been living in this part. If Huan had to grow up here there was no telling what would become of him. As they walked Jinhai's eyes shot around alert for any possible danger. The three of them could take care of themselves, of that he was sure, but it would do no good if they were attacked by a gang.

The old man - he had to start remembering names now - came over to him and asked a question. One that Jinhai didn't particulary feel like answering at the moment. Luckily Shen seemed to understand that Ming situation was probably more dire and more worth their time then talking about which hole Jinhai crawled out off.

As if on a cue Ming shifted and groaned. Jinhai's attention was immediately on her. Her words were hardly distinguishable, but it was clear that she was cold. Not only from her words, but from the way she looked for body heath. "Sshh," Jinhai tried to turn his head so he could see her. It didn't quite work. "You are going to be fine Ming. We are leaving Shangtan, just like you wanted. It... will be great." He was pretty sure that she would not be able to understand him, but that was okay. He shot Shen a look. "Could you spare your jacket. I think she is freezing."

Suddenly another guy, one that Jinhai had absolutely not expected, appeared before the group. Jinhai halted and stared to Shun. Did that guy live here or something? Somehow that would not surprise him. Jinhai saw his chance. "Shun," he started, cutting off whatever other things the scrawny guy was going to utter. Whatever Shen was going to say, it was not going to be important. "You're carrying any sort of bandages on you? She needs them. I don't really have time to explain, but we are getting out here. Now. I know you are generally carrying around random shit."

Shun Min
"Random shit? It's all valuable, just so you know! But bandages? Uh, yeah, sort of?" He replied as his eyes glanced to the barely conscious lady in Jinhai's arms. While usually he would not care less about such folks, especially after they had dared to treat him like that, he was aware that she needed help, and that Jinhai was a friend of hers. He'd best help her out, all things considered, if he ever hoped to tag along with them out of the city. Well, if that was what they were doing here that was. He couldn't think of any other reason for Jinhai to visit this particular section of the slums, so close to that one mine he had intended on using.

"But we don't have much time." Shun said as he grabbed a few dirty-looking but mostly clean rags out of one of his jacket's pockets, along with some alcohol. Looking at the few people present he reasoned his first aid skills were as good as anyone's, and for a moment the horribly ugly scar thigh. Well, he was still alive, wasn't he? And he was more skilled than that time now too! She'd have to live with an averagely ugly scar then. "This might sting." He said, after wiping away dirt, mud and blood from the bleeding wound with a generously soaked piece of bandage, ignoring the girl's complaints. Somewhere in his mind he wondered howmany times he had dressed wounds to scantily clothed ladies such as this example, but decided that that was a bad train of thoughts at this time. In no time the wounds were rudimentally cleaned and bandaged, at least good enough untill he could do it a little bit better. At least that's what he always said to himself, to discover an ugly scar a few days later as he finally found some time to take a better look.

Standing up from his handiwork he anxiously looked around, and picked up his personal firebender again.

"We should really get going."

Status
Not open for further replies.