Status
Not open for further replies.
Jinhai certainly didn't look like he was willing to answer his initial question, and now that the moment was past, Shen realized he would not be able to broach the subject anytime soon. Now the more pressing issue was... His jacket. No way in hell was he planning to give that up. That was his favourite one! Which made it especially fortunate the fighter from earlier appeared when he did - apparently he was named "Shun". With his appearance, Shen's jacket was spared the fate of being soiled with blood. Now, he would have gave it up were there not to be any other better alternative. That explained his hesitation and lack of response when Jinhai asked him for his jacket. Shen only shrugged characteristically as Jinhai shifted his attention to Shun. To be fair, the man did have a fair amount of items that would help with first aid - bandages and especially alcohol. Shen watched on silently. The man knew what he was doing and there was nothing he really had to say.

It certainly did bring back memories of the first aid that he had to administer on himself. Not pleasant memories to be sure, but Shen had to admit to feeling somewhat better that it wasn't him this time. "The girl's a real fighter at least," Shen remarked, as he glanced ahead of them. He had been feeling uneasy for a while now, but thus far there was nothing he could see to confirm his concerns. As soon as Shun was done, he added, "Yes, the man's right. We really should get going."

The concern was evident in his emphasis. He eyed each member of the present party meaningfully. Taking off his jacket, he draped it over Ming, more willingly now that she was a lot cleaner than she was before. "Let's not waste any time, hopefully we won't be stalled any further," Shen muttered as he walked on ahead so that the group would move. He eventually slowed down when he realized he didn't know the way, walking behind Jinhai to take up the rear.

Yun felt a chill run up his spine as they entered the industrial district, he wasn't sure how to explain it but the very air seemed different then the one they were just in, he felt tense just from walking around and not from the cold.
At least before Yun was afraid of getting attacked in the shadows or worse killed, here he was more worried about the fear he saw in some of the people.
He knew for a fact the last thing he looked was scary so he wondered if it was because of his present company...or if something else was bothering them.
If it was the latter he really hoped they never found out what that particular something was, he wanted to get out of here as soon as possible, this place didn't seem to have much life and that was saying something after visibly seeing people.
On top of that he had this weird feeling of being watched but he shook his head playing it off as his imagination, actually seeing a response from Ming drew his attention for the most part.

When Shun ran out the speed which Yun hid behind Shen was almost inhuman, but peeking around the large man he calmly stepped out recognizing the face.
He wasn't sure what he was holding in his hand but it wasn't pointed at them so he put it aside. Jinhai questioned Shun about some bandages and Yun's shoulders seemed to lower a bit seeing Ming's wounds being treated by the man, he didn't think she'd succumb to her wounds but in this cold he still worried what would happen. He still had a promise to keep after all, anything that made it more difficult was a bother.
"So is this thing close? I'm still hoping we're the only one's with this idea, the sooner we leave the better."

Yun didn't really care if Shun came along or not, the more people in front of him and possible threats the larger chance at survival.
His eyes moved to the rooftops of the building as he mentally planned possible escape routes if things went downhill, he was going to resist any kind of bending for a long as possible, at the very least until they were out of Shangtan.
Once Ming was out and safe he was putting as much distance between himself and this group as possible once his promise was fulfilled, it seemed chaos followed these people and he found himself a little exhausted at the matter.
"...today has been extremely long, is it always like this in this city?" Yun asked ruffling his hair. "It seems like one thing after another is following us."

@Mizos @Superpiggeh @Fieryfly @RoranHawkins

ESCAPE FROM SHANGTAN: The Tunnel

With the group fully re-united, the small hours of the morning slipped past with surprising speed; most likely due to the exciting events of the evening which has undoubtedly changed the lives of everyone present. A thick red line started to rise over the horizon, smudging dark blue clouds across the sky. As if on cue, a group of ashen-faced workers, like ghosts, passed the trio with their equipment weighing their backs down, bending them double. The sheer amount of hopelessness on their features is enough to send shivers down even the most hardy of men, as they turned and entered a huge, run-down factory. Within the hour, smoke belched out of the large chimney of the squat building. The Industrial District was waking up.

The group managed to find their way through the icy maze to the sound of the mountain, a miserable affair with crumbling rocks and botched repairs to stop the whole accumulation of snow from crashing into the houses in what would be a catastrophic avalanche. Before them sits the mine shaft - the tourist tunnel which, once before, had been used to stream in new visitors into the Industrial District but now lay as a steel-framed entrance with a multitude of boulders, rocks and pebbles tumbling out of the opening.

Signs and posters were literally plastered all over the surrounding area. "DANGER - DO NOT OPEN" "LANDSIDE RISK" "OUT OF USE" being a few of the more noticeable ones. Some of them were torn off the frosty walls, their messages pounded into the slush and ignored. The entire area looks deserted; the houses around it seem especially more derelict than usual, as if they were simply forgotten about.

The two shadowy figures sat down on the roof of one of the abandoned homes, watching the events that will unfold with hawk-like intensity and curiosity.

MING
Ming is -hardly- aware of what is going on but she doesn't seem to enjoy it. "H-hey...!" she snaps incoherently, waving her arm around in a vague fashion to try and whack Shun for tampering around with her head wound. The best she could do was thump Jinhai's back, tire herself out, and return to clinging onto Jinhai as if her life depended on it - which, admittedly, in an area like this it may well do. After being bandaged up and after she stopped squirming around uncomfortably, she seemed to relax a little more when Shen's jacket was draped over her shoulders.

She seemed to be coming around to some form of sense; At the very least, she seemed to be making a concerted effort to help Jinhai despite having a very patchy understanding on the situation. For example, the moment she set eyes on the tunnel, she tugged at Jinhai's shoulder meekly and clearly stated "Not in there. S'not safe." Her expression took on a thin-lipped grimace, that could perhaps be interpreted as nervousness, from peering at the tunnel.

Shun Min
Looking around the tunnel entrance, he noticed Ming's reclamations about their plan. Shaking his head he ignored it and stepped forwards into the tunnel. He didn't know why the rest was apparently so intimidated by the countless 'danger' signs. Life was dangerous you know? There was an estimated 100% chance of dying eventually after all! Thereby, he had taken this route twice before, but that had been years ago during his las lengthy visit to the city. He had no idea if the tunnel was still as safe as last time, as he doubted that anyone would maintain it.

"What're we waiting for?" He said to noone in particular as he beckoned them to come inside while throwing another anious look outside to see if they were being followed. "Nice'n cozy in here. Don't knock your head on the ceiling Jinhai."

Leading the way into the dark tunnels, Shun suddenly found himself in an uncomfortably sudden meeting with the ceiling, despite his previous warning to Jinhai. Muttering curses he pulled out some wick he carried for makeshift oil lamps, and used it to create a provisory tiny torch. Manouvering through the dark and windling alleys. He remembered that on his left, just about now, would be the unfortunate remains of a man being left here by criminal syndicates of the town, chained to the wall. His corpse had turned into some kind of shrunk mini-human compared to last time. Pushing it aside he was intrigued by how light the thing had become. He for a short while wondered if he'd shrink into a midget-version of himself too. Ultra-light Shun with zero sugar! Shaking his head to get rid of the distracting thought, he suddenly noticed something that could complicate matters. Suddenly stopping he felt the person behind him bump into him, much to his annoyment.

"We have a slight problem here." He said, nodding his head at the blocked path ahead. "Last time there was no queue."

A collab between Sketcher and Aliceee

[spoili]
After the trip, the ship neared land at Shangtan City. The sagging sails were being tied up as the ship seemingly moved on its own without the hint of the sound of a motor. The view of the city didn't really reflect its reputation from the harbour they were at. There were several docks next to the marina the ship had gone into. They were, of course, much more comfortable and less labour-demanding than the one they were on throughout the road. Sleeping on some sandbags was Luca, getting some rest after a long night's work. He felt a light kick in his side to wake him up. "Boy! Get yer ass up!" After the warning from one of the crew members, not clear which, Luca sat up groggily before sneaking back under. "Mei? 'You there?" he asked, yawning.

"Ssshhh." A soft whisper answered after a few moments. Hidden away, Mei waited another moment before she would appear. Pushing a bag slightly away, her head popped up. Her hair looked like a mess and it was clear that Mei wasn't in a good mood by the look on her face. "What?" She asked, though her tone not being hostile or negative.

Luca looked around frantically for a second before noting the suddenly appearing skin and hair covered skull. He recoiled upon noticing that it was Mei and heaved a heavy sigh. "We're at the docks. You can come out now," he suggested, rubbing his forehead. "I don't think that captain'll recognize someone to not be a part of the crew at this point."

Raising her hands, Mei rubbed her eyes. Would it really be true? Would this nightmarish hell ride be over? No more sleeping and hidding all over the place. Doing nothing all day. "Give me one second." Her head moved back down. Only to pop up a few moments later with a smile. Her hair still wasn't as tidy as at the start, but it didn't seem that it bothered her. "Let's get going then!" Mei said with a cheerful tone. She couldn't wait until she would be off this ship.

The boy nodded, smiling gleefully as he made his way towards the stairs. "Must've been real cramped in here, huh," he complained in her stead. His hand reached for the door's handle as he looked back at her and then back to the door. "Some fresh air'll do you some good," he said jokingly as he swung it open. There were seagulls flying around, their earscratching gawks now unhinderd by the closed walls.

The smile was dropped for a moment as Mei threw a glare in Luca's direction. "You. Don't. Say?" She muttered underneath her breath as she found nothing funny about it. But the whole grumpy mood vanished, as snow for a desert sun, when Luca opened the door. For a moment, Mei had to squeeze her eyes to slits as she hadn't been in the open air for what? She didn't even know how many days had passed. "Great. Time to get going then." Mei mumbled, more to herself than anybody in particular. Walking with a confident pace to leave the ship and get herself on some dry land, Mei was already considering what she would do. With the money she had, perhaps she could arrange a place to sleep and then figure out where to go next.

The boy clasped his hands together behind him as he followed Mei. Among the crew flowing out of the ship, the girl's unfamiliar face was hardly recognizable. The crew only looked at their shining gold and the captain to his empty pockets. Luca turned to Mei and made a couple large steps sideways to reach where she was. "Do you have any plans or anything?" he asked, grinning stupidly and yet somewhat innocently.

At first, Mei wasn't sure if the question was aimed at her, but as she turned her head she noticed Luca walking next to her. "I've not figured it out completely yet. First I need to arrange a place to sleep and perhaps some supper. Then I might plan to go either to Viola or Ba Sing Se. Hm." She thought about it. Going to Viola meant taking the route with a ship. Only if she would, then this time she would make sure that she wouldn't take the same way as she had done before. If she would ever see the inside of a barrel again...

"There should be a few ships going out to Viola from here," Luca said as he skidded down the plank, briefly braking several times before reaching the bottom and stumbling over the rock pier only to, in a way one might put, gracefully save himself from the fall. "Port cities like this always have some. And of course, there oughta be a train to Ba Sing Se, or at least a transfer after a short boat ride."

She smiled as she saw him go. Taking it a bit slower, Mei considered his words. Using her free hand to try to tidy her hair a bit, Mei looked back at Luca. "And where are you're going to then? Home?" She asked, trying to sound as friendly as she could. The bad morning mood was still a bit present, but Mei tried to focus on more important matters than cursing her way of how to travel to this place.

Luca shook his head and rolled his eyes up, cupping his chin. "Hm... Well, I was thinking about visiting a couple of places before going back to Ba Sing Se," he said. After a brief moment's thought, he looked over to the ferries floating to the pier. "I'm not really sure about where I should go. Have you made up your mind between Viola and 'Sing Se?"

Mei wavered. For a moment she wasn't sure if she could tell Luca. He was nice, but what if he wanted to come with her? She wouldn't want to lie to him as he had helped her out after all. Placing her hand on her hip, she looked away, towards the ship they had came off from. "Sing Se is quite far away. I think I'm first going to lunch. Perhaps I can make a decision once I've eaten." She told him, considering something. "Want to join me? I still owe you one, I remember."

"Sounds swell," the boy said cheerfully. Her talking about food sounded like music to the ears. Luca looked around, trying to spot a nice place to eat when his eyes stuck on some black smoke from the inner city, young and distinguished from the air surrounding it. "On second thought... I just had an idea. The port is nearby. If we want to get some food, we could get it on a ship to Viola. Those international-ships oughta have some good food..."

She was surprised, but as Luca suggested it, Mei caught sight of what he saw in the distance. There was indeed an ominous feeling growing in Mei's stomach. "Perhaps it's just... nothing?" Mei said. She wasn't sure if she would be overreacting or not, but she wasn't actually sure what she should do right now. Going back on sea? Mei wasn't a real big fan of sea travel by ship after the last trip anymore.

"Perhaps," the boy grumbled. "But I thought you wanted to go to Viola. You know, you won't be sitting in a barrel this time." Though what he said might've sounded like a joke, neither the tone nor the expression had any hint of joyful kidding. "The city is quite beautiful, though," he added, trying to give her some more motivation.

Throwing a cautious look at Luca, as she was doubting he would want to rob her of her posessions, Mei thought quickly. She then sighed, throwing one last glance at the smoke. "I better hope for your sake that there will be some food on board." She mumbled, gesturing that he could lead the way. Pouting a moment later, she hadn't failed to notice his 'barrel comment'. That would be something she wouldn't try to do ever in her life again. Barrels, a nightmare they were.

Luca's lips stretched upwards once more as he became gleeful. "Then it's a plan," he announced, joyfully marching towards the white port. He waited for a moment and thought back to their first meeting. Something she'd said back then had bothered him. "I'll go ahead. Meet you there in a minute," he said grinning and sprinting off towards the port.

Surprised, Mei flinged her arms up. What was that supposed to be? Then it dawned upon her what he could have in mind. "Oh no you won't!" Mei started to give chase, but he had a starting advantage over her. "Luca!" Mei called him out, trying to catch up to him and stop him from what she assumed him to do. "Luca?!" Mei's tone gave away that she wasn't happy with the current situation.

"Huh?" Luca slowed down and turned around when he first heard his name get called by the familiar voice. "Something wrong?" he asked, raising an eyebrow and slightly pouting as she caught up to the standing boy. The boy gave her a strange look. Coming to a halt, Mei tried to flash a smile. "I... Well.. I just thought." She paused. She had expected him to pay for her or do something such friendly act. He had done enough for quite some time for her, in her opinion. "Thought we were going together until Viola?"

Luca slightly tilted his head to the side, seemingly confused. He smiled and hopped in his spot once. "Well, why not?" he said joyfully. The boy turned on his heel and pointed at the building. "Let us away!" he said with enthusiasm. It looked like she wasn't going to let him get ahead and get the tickets but still, that didn't seem like too much of a problem.

Glad that she hadn't look like one big idiot, but perhaps a bit of one, Mei let out a soft sigh. "Lead away then." She replied. For a moment, she was half disappointed with her choice and yet happy. A traveling companion wasn't really so bad, so far she had experienced. But she still wanted to repay his friendly gesture from before.

The boy nodded and moved towards the docks, this time only at a marching pace. On the building, there was a sheet that had the times of departures and arrivals on it. Conveniently enough, there was a ship that left in ten minutes. It was large enough to be seen from over the roof of the building. Luca ran his finger through the list before moving towards the counter. "Two tickets, please!"

"One. I can pay for myself." She knew it! She knew it! He had been planing this from the start. Glaring sideways at him, Mei wasn't happy, yet she was. "One ticket for both of us." She repeated, wanting to make sure that there wouldn't be any discussion.

"Aww... Come on," the boy said with a happy tone. "Money isn't really much of a problem for me." The woman sitting at the counter stared at them from behind her glasses, his eyes open in surprise. Although she always saw people arguing over tickets, it surprised the woman everytime. "Um... The tickets... Which ship are they f--?" Before the woman could finish her sentence the boy spoke. "First one to Viola."

"Hang on, please!" Mei flashed a sort of smile to the woman behind the counter. Turning herself around to face Luca, Mei placed her fists on her hips. "Now you listen. I can and will pay for myself." Having said that, Mei glanced back at the woman behind the counter. "One ticket for me to Viola. The first one to leave."

"But--!" "No! I told you that-" "Come on; it's not like it'd be a problem--" "It is a big problem! Do I look like some poor beggar to you, do-" "Of course not! It's just mone--" "Money that I have as well, I-" "Wait, wait! Look!" The boy turned to the counter. "How much is a ticket?" The woman was watching them, startled. It took her a few moments to flip the pages and remember the cost. "Oh...! It's 250 gold to Woduhe, where the first ship goes."

"250 gold?" Mei asked, surprised and a bit startled. That was for her a gigantic price. But what other choice had she? Staying in the city that gave her a bad feeling? Or perhaps trying to hide herself in barrels, again? No. No, that never ever again. She bite her lip, feeling a bit defeated and bitter. "When is the next ship going?"

"In... Five minutes." Luca's eyes widened. "Mei, we'll miss the ship!" he said in an alarmed state. He quickly dug into his pockets and pulled out a small checkbook that he'd borrowed. He quickly wrote on it 500 gold and copied a handwriting he'd memorized, writing the initials F. C. "She'll forgive me for this," he muttered to himself, thinking of the name he'd written. He slammed it on the counter. "The tickets, please!" The woman placed the tickets on the counter. As he grabbed it, his other hand went towards Mei's wrist, hoping to be able to drag her before she could object. "We're gonna miss it!"

She kept staring at the woman behind the counter as she made some weak attempt to stand still, but Luca managed to drag her away. "But... but.. but.." She muttered. 250 gold dragons? That was one huge amount of money! If she had that, then she wouldn't have any trouble with finding a room in any city. Or trying to arrange transport. And he had paid it like he was used to it. "250...gold... gold... gold.."

Luca looked over towards the ship at the edge of the port, his eyes becoming filled with determination. His legs grew stronger. "Snap out of it," he said, feeling like one of those action heroes running away from an explosion, and though the scenario was a bit different, the analogy seemed in place. "We're almost there...!"

She didn't want it, but Mei managed. She didn't want to believe that he could pay so much money with just a check. How was that possible? She thought people like those were staying in palaces and breaking bread with other fancy rich people. Was he such a person, she wondered. "How did you manage.. to pay that?" She asked in a soft tone, sounding serious and a tad worried.

Once they'd reached the ship, the boy leaned on his knees with his palms. "Well... Huff... Technically, I didn't," he said, sighing. He straightened his back up. "I don't really have much money myself. I had some inheritence but I used a lot of it several years ago. I just copied my sister's signature..." He said the last part with a rather shameful grin. He wasn't proud of it but he found it quite funny.

Mei's brow was furrowed as she heard his answer. "So.." She thought over her words. "You're stealing from your own sister? Or did she alllow you to spend 500 golden...500..." It only dawned upon her that the prize was even doubled. 250 golden dragons per person. It was double the prize! What she could do with such an amount of money was beyond her current wildest dreams.

"It's not stealing...! It's... It's borrowing," he said, coming up with the perfect word. The boy muttered something afterwards. "In any case, I doubt she'll actually notice something like this..." He walked towards one of the doors leading to the inside of the back of the ship. "Come on, then! Let's get some food. I still have the money the captain gave out so I can buy my own food~."

"So you're going to pay her ba-ba-bak.." Mei suddenly grabbed the boy by his shoulders to make him stop. "Hold on, just hold on!" She said, tilting her head a bit as she frowned again. "Now, let's make this very clear, okay? I am just a commoner. I don't want no fancy son of a lord or rich person to pay everything for me. Nor can I repay such... a huge.." 500 golden dragons.. not...something to notice? Mei fell silent as she thought about it. How much gold did his sister have to not such an amount?!

"What? Of course not!" he said, startled by the question. He continued to speak with a grin. "I'll just ask her if she could... overlook my little blunder." He frowned, raising his index finger between the two. "And don't get confused! I'm pretty much broke," he said. "I myself don't have any money other than what I carry. It's just that my sister is... a businesswoman, I guess. She's helpful, so she overlooks some... travel expenses of mine."

Mei managed to stay focused. Taking a step back, she thought about his words. She would remember it. Yet, she felt bitter and somewhat defeated. She didn't owe him now, but his sister as well! A person who she had never met or not even knew her name, yet she had provided for her. It made her feel a bit ashamed as she hadn't even utter a thanks. "Thanks.. I.. I am not used to being helped out like this. Shall we go?"

"We shall," the boy said with a childishly happy tone, sliding the door open and hopping inside. The seats were basically half-turning armchairs next to windows. There was a small shop right next to the door that sold some meat sandwiches, toast, and even some sweets. "Ooooh, I love the smell of fresh bread in the morning!"

Walking next to Luca, Mei liked the smell as well. But she wasn't that thrilled. Another travel over sea, just after that horrible last one wasn't much of her liking. But she wasn't sure if there was any other way to travel to Viola. She had after all no wings or anything with wings to transport her there. Stuffing her hands into her pockets, Mei threw some glances at the other passengers. Her eyes caught an easy to pick wallet. And the person it belonged to was a rather plump looking lady. An easy target, Mei thought, but the timing wasn't right. Memorizing the woman, Mei would continue. "This is a huge improvement from the last time."

After a few impatient taps on the armrests, the boy flung to his feet. "I'm gonna get something to eat. Be right back," he said, rushing to the small shop. Before long, he returned with three chocolate bars in his pocket and a nice wrap in his mouth and hands with a satisfied visage. "Dis's really good," the boy tried to say, his mouth full with the delicious meat and bread.

With Luca heading off, Mei went to check for free seats. Finding a nice spot, Mei stared in the distance. She was considering something that just came up in her mind. With Luca returning, apparently having bought three chocolate bars, Mei shook her head lightly."You're crazy." She said, a smile playing on her lips as she gaze off again. Another sea travel..

Unfazed by the comment, Luca gulped down his wrap before long, his hand now going to one of the chocolate bars. "Gimme a break," he said, pouting and taking the first bite from his chocolate bar. "I haven't had anything like this in about a week. I have earned the right to eat some!"

The ship left the port without much tardiness, flowing towards Viola with haste.[/spoili]

Jinhai Su
Of course, Shun came through with the bandages and, how unsurprising, with alcohol. There were not many times when Jinhai would admit that alcohol would make a situation better, but this time - what would you know - it actually did. Luckily Jinhai knew that Shun had patched up enough of his own wounds to be somewhat capable of first aid. Somehow though that also made Shun part of the team, something Jinhai didn't quite understand but what the others did not seem to question overly much. Why would Shun want to leave the city all of a sudden? He could think of enough reasons in general to leave, but why now?

His question was left unanswered as the group decided to move on. It was probably for the best because frankly Jinhai didn't need to know any more information about Shun's life. It was probably miserable and pitiful. "No, it is not always like this," he said to Yun as they started walking again. His tone was harsher than it should have been, but really he couldn't care less.

Before long the group arrived at the mine Jinhai had intended to use. He wondered if Shun was a mind reader or just knew him really well. Regardless the mine looked like a mess. The signs were clear: do not go in or you might not come out. If Jinhai had his hands free he would now rub his eyes. But he hadn't, so he didn't. Instead he took a deep breath. He had made his decision and as always he was going to stick with it. He didn't turn back on his own promises.

Ming spoke albeit still incoherent. Yet her muffeled words were true. It was probably not overly safe. Shun didn't seem to care though. He barreled forwards without a care in the world and entered the darkness that loomed in the cave. Without much of hesitation Jinhai followed.

And promptly hit his head painfully against the ceiling just as he heard Shun's remark. He let out a string of cursewords, but stomped on this time making sure he ducked low. He could already feel the welt on his head growning and it annoyed him already. If he even took note of the corpse laying around he didn't make any mention of it. Instead he simply turned to Shen as Shun finished speaking. "We have someone to clear the queue I believe." He took a step to the side to let Shen past. "I suggest we get moving..."

A warm homecoming!
Part II

A collab done by RedFox, Chromehound and Lesli.

Summary :

Aiko, Hayate and Kaen meet after a long time. Little do they know it is a gathering thah will change their lives.

I hope you will all enjoy reading this just as we enjoyed writing it!

[spoili]

Kaen glanced arround, and he felt a worried for his friend. Living in a place like this is surely hard for Hayate. The air was filled with the poverty and uneasiness of life. Yet, as Kaen glanced arround, he could see smiling faces. The people living there found strength in the situation they were, something Kaen found admirable."I don´t know, Aiko. We will have to ask him before we introduce him into the arts of Sakébending. But ... if I may ask you for a favor?" Kaen was worried. His gut feeling was telling him something was not right." Can we hurry to his workshop, please?"

Aiko wondered why the hurry was as they would turn around the corner. She was about to ask him, trying to tease Kaen a bit, if he was really jumpy and eager to meet Hayate again. But as she opened her mouth, she noticed a few people rushing into the shop they were heading towards. Coming to a halt, Aiko wasn't sure of what to think of it. "Seems it is going to be busy, hm?" She mumbled. Shifting her weight from one leg to another, Aiko pondered quickly. "You know... I hate to wait in long lines. After you, Kaen."

Stepping backwards, Hayate was stuck in the corner. "Look... um... Guys, I'm sure this is just a misunderstanding. We can sort this out I'm sure... just-" He was cut off by a sudden loud screech.

The men all looked up towards the source of the noise, and Hayate used the momentary distraction to dart forwards. Grabbing two large scrap pieces of metal, he hurled them towards the two nearest men. The first man glanced back down, managing to react in time to shift to the side, avoiding the hunk of metal. The second man wasn't so lucky and was struck hard in the temple by a piece of scrap. "Ronin, run!" Hayate yelled towards the Red Howler who had caused the much needed distraction. There was still too many people in between him and the door and Hayate's mind raced furiously, looking for a way out.

"Yeah ... you´re ... I guess you are right, Aiko." Kaen picked up the pace, heading towards Hayate´s store that was now in sight. From the distance he saw, it was fully crowded."Or maybe my gut feeling is playing me. Maybe he is being overwhelmed by customers." As he was approaching the store, a Red Howler landed on his shoulder - and it looked panicked and scared. Kaen sighed."Or ... maybe not." A few seconds later, he opened the door for himself and entered the workshop.

Hayate was driven into a corner, with several thugs standing between them. He held the door open for Aiko to enter and then, he turned to them."You know, Hayate ... why am I not surprised to see you like this?" His voice was friendly and cheerful, one could almost hear laughter in his tone. For the next words, his tone changed to a more strict, serious one."What´s the matter here, gentleman? What are your dealings with our friend here? If you come to purchase his goods, carry on. If not ... I want answers."

Silently Aiko followed Kaen, a bit surprised to see what was going on. Or what she assumed. With a playful smile, she nodded towards Kaen as he held the door open for her. For a moment, Aiko wondered where Tiriel was, but the main concern should be Hayate and the thugs. With Kaen adressing to the thugs, Aiko leaned a bit to the left, while holding her hands on her back. She tried to catch sight of Hayate and once she had managed, she would wink at him. Straighten her back, the woman stayed however silent. It was rude to interupt a friend after all.

Turning to face the newcomers, the large men looked unimpressed. Sneering at the pair that now stood at the entrance, the first man spoke. "Get out of here kids. This isn't your concern." Gesturing to the entrance, the 'leader' turned back to face his target. One way or another, he was going to bring this kid back to his father.

Spotting his friends at the entrance to his shop, Hayate's eyes widened, filled with surprise. Glancing around, he looked for something to help, his eyes coming to rest on one of his minor inventions. Lunging for it just as the man was turning around, Hayate managed to grab it and hold it out towards the man. "You'd better leave now! Or else... or else I'll be forced to use this!" Trying to hold the item menacingly, Hayate hoped he appeared threatening enough.

At the same time, the two thugs that were closest to the door, turned and pulled out short clubs. Tapping the weapons against their hands they grinned wickedly at Aiko and Kaen.

Kaen rolled his eyes and turned to Aiko, imitating their words in a grumpy, yet comical tone."Not your business kids. We better leave now, kids. We will be forced to use this ..." He also added the gesture as they touched their weapons with. He then turned back and made a few steps forward, stading before one of the thugs - and though tall himself, the thug was still towering above him."Look ... kiddo. Hayate is our friend. Whatever business you have with him, we are part of it to. Now, I am going to ask it again. And I want answers. What is your business with him?"

With the playful smile still plastered on her face, Aiko would however drop it as she thought about it. At the moment when Kaen talked back, she realized something. "Kids? Wait, a moment." She threw a confused glance at Kaen. Who would call a tall person like him a kid? And what about her? Her right hand slowly crept to the hilt of her weapon. "I beg your pardon, but I'm twenty one! I should at least be a... No, that wouldn't work." She turned her head a bit away, looking confused. Quickly taking a look however, she was able to notice that nobody was behind them. Meaning that if it would come down to a fight, she and Kaen wouldn't need to worry about somebody attacking them in their backs.

Everything that happened next, happened in a brief flash. The leader leapt towards Hayate, confident that he could wrestle the object from the boy's hands before he could use it. At the same time, the two men closest to the door leapt forwards to attack the two insolent kids that dared stand up to them. The man closest to Kaen brought his weapon around in a vicious arc, aiming for his head. The second man aimed a punch towards Aiko's midsection, planning to use his club to hit her with a follow up shot.

As the man leapt towards Hayate, the boy had to act fast. Pulling the release lever, a large stream of confetti shot out, followed by a bright flash. The confetti and the light blocked the man's view of Hayate, and he used that to his advantage, dodging out of the way. The man crashed down into Hayate's display shelf, causing it to come crashing down under his weight. Hayate hesitated for a moment, a look of utter sadness in his eyes as he watched his creations being destroyed. Turning his attention towards the door, he hoped his friends were still doing okay.

Kaen´s reflexes allowed him to easily duck under the swing that was aimed at him. He thought about reaching for his fans, but decided against it - he seen no threat in these thugs. Using both of his hands to strike his knees, he achieved what he wanted - the thug lost his solid footing and was headed downwards, against the knee that Kaen was bringing up in his groin. Hitting it as hard as he could, he brough down his leg and gave the thug a roundhouse kick aimed more at his neck, making sure to put enough strength into it to push him down with his feet."You were warned, kid. I don´t mess arround when it comes to my friends."

Aiko's fingers slowly wrapped around the handle of her weapon. She noticed how the 'leader' leapt towards Hayate and she wanted to aid her friend, but was forced to evade a punch. Stepping aside, Aiko would draw her blade and slash the stomach of the man in the same movement. With a quick glance, it was clear that the man had bigger troubles from not letting the cut she made rip further open. It would be very bad for his internals if that would happen. Trying to spot Hayate, Aiko saw only the man crashing down and confetti. "Hayate?" Keeping watch of any of the other bloke's attacking, Aiko was more worried about Hayate. If she could get him away, Kaen would be able to beat up these thugs.

Popping out from behind the workbench, Hayate made his way quickly towards the door. He had managed to snag a small bag of essentials in the confetti distraction, and swung it over his shoulder. Relieved to see that his friends were alright, and that they had taken care of the two goons at the door, Hayate made his way towards them.There was still one large man somewhat blocking the doorway in an attempt to move towards Kaen and Aiko, and Hayate barreled into him from behind. The momentum was enough to shift the man slightly off balance, though Hayate also fell to the floor. Crap He thought to himself, shifting so that he was out of the man's grasp.

Turning his head as he heard a noise behind him, Hayate realized that the man who had lunged for him earlier was getting up and preparing to come after him again. Cursing to himself, Hayate pushed himself off from the wall, sliding past the man at the door and finally managing to reach the street. Rolling onto the ground in a mess of flailing limbs, Hayate picked himself back up and brushed himself off. "Thank goodness for you guys! It is good to see you again Aiko, and you Kaen." Throwing a glance around him, Hayate hoped to catch a glimpse of Ronin.
[/spoili]

Besides knowing how to fix wounds, Shun apparently knew the way as well. Either way, Shen could care less. As long as they were moving, it was significant progress. Whoever followed from behind was still persisting on their present course, and there was nothing Shen could do about that for now, but moving onward might just be the thing they need to do to avoid them. Or perhaps they'll be seeing them soon enough. Looking ahead at the dark tunnel, it seemed the perfect place - lots of earth, no vision. Unless the stalkers were Earth benders who have mastered some degree of seismic vision like himself, they would be blind. Shen followed after the group, still taking up the rear as he kept cautious throughout. At his height, the tunnel's ceiling was not a significant problem, though it seemed to be the case for the others. Nevertheless, he crouched lower as he moved just to be safe - a bruise on his bald head would be especially obvious after all.

It was when they reached the "dead end" that Shen stepped in front of the group. He turned back, throwing a glance behind them at the darkness of the route they just took. "Well, damn, whoever's following us is still outside, but from here on out, I'll be digging and sealing our path behind just to be sure," Shen said, before turning and assuming a stance.

Stretching his arms out, he began to pull them apart. The earth moved accordingly, forcefully revealing a path forward with the ominous sounds of rocks shifting. As if to frighten even Shen, some soil from above him began to drop down around him. That was when he realized this digging process was going to be a delicate one. One wrong move, one slow reaction might just see someone getting buried alive. Fortunately, it seems his seismic vision might just do the trick, helping locate specific pockets of earth that was a little weaker. However, that also meant whoever followed would be blind to him while he focused on the task at hand. Sighing aloud, he turned to the rest of the party.

"Okay, guess I can't seal the path behind as we move. I'll be careful to dig and not have the tunnel drop on us, but you guys must keep a lookout behind us, a'ite?"

He didn't bother to wait for their affirmation - there was no need. Shen turned back and began walking into the newly opened path, assuming the stance once more to ripping the walls open once more. It was no tiring affair, just tedious. Shen would be at it for quite some time.

The longer they went on the more worried Yun became trying to keep his head low as they walked through the tunnel, he didn't offer a response to Jinhai's response mostly sensing the harsh tone behind it. After everything that happened today he couldn't blame the guy though so he just remained silent and followed behind the others. Though when Ming herself decided to comment on the lack of safety in the tunnel he took a second to look behind them wondering if it was too late to leave, but that feeling promptly faded seeing Shen's form was cutting off his escape route.
Granted he already had reservations coming into the place with all the signs, he was really putting his faith in Shen here. If he died he hoped he came back just so he could haunt him...well if he didn't die too.

After a while Yun calmed down a little and keeping his head and body low followed after the group, he was a tad grateful Jinhai had taken Ming at this point and from what he could see no one else was in the tunnel, so aside from being possibly buried to death there wasn't much to fear.
At least that's what he thought until he saw the dead body a few feet away, his mouth opened wide but no audible sound came out as his eyes rested on the chained up mini-man. Using every ounce of willpower he kept himself from screaming and just turned back around continuing deciding to just ignore it.
He's seen dead bodies before though it wasn't something he expected to get used too, but that...that was a possible fate that could befall him if this all went down hill.

When the group stopped in front of him Yun leaned to the side to see what was causing Shun to stop, seeing their way was blocked a heavy sigh escaped from him.
Did that mean they were lost? He wondered if he should have left some bread crumbs or something along the way.
Seeing Shen step forward he let out a small 'oh' remembering he could take care of it, resting his hands on his knees he watched Shen as he went about moving the wall, however as he mentioned someone following them he looked behind them.
"We're being followed?" He questioned.
Though his mind was pulled from their potential stalkers as he felt soil land on top of his head, lowering his head he put his hands on top of it and clenched his teeth as his whole body shivered.
"Aw man! This is it!" He screamed before he heard the walls get pulled apart ahead causing him to open one eye.
He straightened up at least as much as he could before looking up seeing it hadn't collapsed.
Clearing his throat he rested his hands on his knees deciding to just pretend that didn't happen.
"I-I can watch our back," Yun said turning fully around. "I'm a bit nervous looking ahead anyway."

Shun Min
Turning around to give the taller scrawny guy an annoyed and skeptical look, he mentioned the group to continue. "Keep it down princess." He said as he stepped in front of Shen again, leading the group along the winding path. The texture of the ground, while solid rock at first, slowly became covered in loose dust and sand, making the path even more treacherous than it already was. The ample light generated by his makeshift torch didn't do anything to improve the chances of not accidentlly breaking a leg, or worse. After a while however, still without incidents luckily, Shun lef them towards a crossing. Without a doubt he took the right path, leading the group there. Yeah, he thought, Shen was right. They were definitely being followed. While the consequences of being caught wouldn't be nice for their gorup, Shun knew that they weren't after them at all. It was his neck they wanted danglnig from the gallows, not Jinhai's or Shen's. Especially not the little brat's head.

Suddenly however, only a few meters deep into the right path, he turned around and quickly made way towards the middle path instead. He remembered the last time he had come through there. Shun wasn't afraid of heights, but that gorge was something he'd rather avoid this time. As time slowly trickled away and the endless repeating pattern of dark, rocky walls kept passing his eyes, Shun suddenly felt really weary. The years of his youth lay behind him, and this skullduggerish sneaking through caves had never been his hobby anyways. Was he growing too old for th-... Shun suddenly stopped, mentioning the rest to do so aswell. Had those been footsteps he heard echoing through the cave behind them?

"I suggest we pick up the pace."

A warm homecoming!
Part III

A collab done by RedFox, Chromehound and Lesli.

Summary :

Aiko, Hayate and Kaen meet after a long time. Little do they know it is a gathering that will change their lives.

I hope you will all enjoy reading this just as we enjoyed writing it!

[spoili]
The thug in front of him was done for - at least, for now. In a corner of his eye, he spotted Aiko holding her own. He even felt a drop of sweat appear on his forehead from the efficiency and ruthlessness she used.No stupid things in front of her, Kaen, he though for himself. It could end ugly for him as well. Turning around for the last thug, he saw him struggling to regain his balance - no doubt thanks to Hayate, whose words he was now hearing. Using this window of opportunity to close the gap between them, he started with a low sweeping kick aimed at his knee, giving him no hope to regain his footing. Using the motion he gained, he placed his hand on the back of the thugs head and pushed him against the ground, resulting in a hard hit into his head." Now ... I know it hurts, but you asked for it. Kind of. As soon as my friend is done with your friend, we are going to have a talk. A simple one. I will ask, you will answer."

What just happened? Aiko frowned. One moment she had been standing on her own feet, trying to see if she could spot Hayate and keep any of the thugs from getting away without a reasonable punishment. And now she was sort of half stacked under some thugs. Pushing herself away, Aiko frown lessened a bit. "One.. moment." Feeling something tugging her back, Aiko heard the familiar grunting of her companion. "Took you long." She uttered the complaiment in a soft whisper, getting back on her feet. Dusting her clothes, Aiko threw a glance towards Hayate, pointing to the two men on the street. "What was all that?" She asked, sounding quite displeased. "I mean, they called me and Kaen kids! How.. I.." Sounding confused, she threw an offended look at the two thugs.

Still looking around for Ronin, Hayate turned back to face Aiko. Shrugging, he was not entirely comfortable answering with the truth, and so he decided on a half truth instead. Aiko and Kaen were friends, sure, but Hayate still didn't know them well enough to tell them the whole truth about his background. "I'm not sure. Those guys just came into my shop looking for something that I don't have. When I told them I didn't have it they were about ready to trash the place and then you guys showed up. Thanks again by the way, pretty sure those guys would have torn me apart if you two hadn't have come when you did."

Inside the shop there came a loud roar as the leader of the thugs saw what had happened to his men. Approaching the door where one of his men appeared to be at the mercy of those bloody kids. "Stop!" He shouted, his rage barely in check. "We came here for the boy, not for a fight. If you give him up I can assure you that he will not be harmed, and you will be rewarded handsomely for your cooperation." The man hoped his words would talk some sense into the pair, and he hoped to avoid any further bloodshed.

Kaen turned his head to the thug who was now talking. He stood up from him, turning to Aiko."Can you believe those guys, Aiko? Not only they want to drag away Hayate ... they don´t even have tact. Tsk tsk." He then walked up to the thug who was talking, calmly, as if nothing in the world was happening arround them. He started to imitate the voice of the thug."We came for the boy, kids. We did not come for a fight, kids. Cooperate and be rewarded. " Kaen laughed up and stood up to the thug, still shorter than he is. When he spoke up next time, his voice was cold and serious."Who sent you?"

Staying silent as she paid attention to what the leader of the thugs informed them that they were here for Hayate, Aiko wasn't surprised. What did surprise her was that there was apparently a price on the boy's head. Glancing at Hayate with a neutral expression, Aiko wondered what the boy had done. With Kaen dealing with the leader of the thugs, Aiko deemed it wise to not aid him. Kaen would be able to deal with the thugs if they would try anything. "Hayate." Aiko softly said his name as she would continue on a soft tone, not wanting to alarm the thug leader or distract Kaen. "Stay close. I want a word with you after this, okay?" Flashing a smile, Aiko hoped that he wouldn't start running or feeling threatened. Turning her attention back at the thug leader and Kaen, Aiko thought of something.

Hayate turned with wide eyes towards Aiko, growing nervous. He knew they would want him to explain things afterwards, and that wasn't something he was ready to do. Unsure of his next move, Hayate was about to take a step backwards when he felt a sudden pressure on his shoulder. Turning, his mouth open and ready to scream, Hayate breathed a sigh of relief as he saw it was simply Ronin. The animal looked at him with its head cocked to the side, its large, intelligent eyes filled with concern. "It'll be okay Ronin, friends are here now." Sighing, Hayate turned back to Aiko and nodded. He would figure out a way out of things later, if it proved necessary...

Looking down at the man in front of him, the large thug sneered. The urge to simply pummel the guy to death was strong, very strong, but the man was intelligent enough to know that he would get his ass handed to him. Better to live and fight another day. "My employer would prefer for me to not use his name. I will repeat my offer one last time. Give the boy to me, and I will ensure that you are be compensated for your troubles." Waiting for a response, the large thug looked around, most of his crew was in a bad shape, he was going to need to get better help in the future...

Kaen turned to Aiko, a smile on his lips, then he turned to Hayate. He wanted to talk with his friend as well, but that had to wait for now. They had to know who the man sending them was, otherwise it would be pointless to fend them off. He did not prefer this method of talking, but when all other options failed, he had to turn to it."Very well." In a blink of the eye, Kaen´s hands reached for the fans, hanging on his belt. He used the grip side and pushed the thug against a piece of wall behind his back. Unfodling the second one, he placed it on his neck.

"Perhaps you overheard me? I am not going to sell out my friend. Never. Ever." Leaving his arms open was dangerous, but Kaen was prepared to deal with those as well."I am a patient man. I really am. Or at least I hope I am. But the idea of selling out my friends makes me snap. Now, I am going to ask you again - who sent you? Give me the answer ... and I will ensure that your cooperation will be compensated for."

As she kept smiling, Aiko nodded once more to Hayate as she had heard him saying that friends were here now. With Kaen dealing with the leader, Aiko glanced at the other thugs. It seemed for now that they wouldn't form much of a threat. Glancing around them, Aiko wasn't too sure about if they could expect more trouble from others. Gesturing to Hayate, Aiko nodded towards his home. "Let's leave this to Kaen." She suggested. Sheating her blade back in its scabbard, Aiko waited for Hayate to head back inside first.

Shaking his head, Hayate wasn't ready to go back into the shop. Not until he was certain that the men were gone. He couldn't stay here anymore either... If they had found him, it meant... Looking down, Hayate said nothing. He didn't wish to appear weak in front of his friends, but he would remain outside until he was sure it was safe.

Feeling himself being thrust backwards against a wall, the large thug groaned. Shaking his head, the man's sneer never left his face. "Perhaps you didn't hear me the first time. My employer prefers to remain anonymous, and I am not about to give that information up." He had been surprised at the other man's speed, but the large thug had seen his fighting skills and didn't fancy trying anything. "Way I see it now, you have three options. You can either give me the boy and let me go, and nothing bad will happen to you. You take the kid yourself and let me go, but I promise that I will find you again, and that will not go very well for you. Or, you can kill me now. Just know that I am not the only one looking for that boy, so if you want my advice, you should get away from him while you still have the chance."

Kaen sighed. This was not going how he wanted to, and he could not see any results from this talk."Thank you. You are generous, indeed. Now, to my options. I am not selling out my friend. You get that? Good. " He applied a bit more of pressure on his chest."I am not a killer. So option number three is crossed out as well. Lucky for you, kid. " He withdrew his fans, placing them back on his belt."Give your boss my kind regards and a promise of a meeting. Now ... go." He said the last words in a stern, cold voice. He hoped the thug will not push his chances.

A bit worried, seeing that Hayate wanted to stay, Aiko kept watch of the surroundings as she still was wary of any sudden back up for the thugs. Though she wouldn't argue with Kaen's choice as she noticed that he would let the thug go, Aiko wasn't fond of ending their lives as she didn't had a contract to do so. Eyeing the leader of the thugs with an emotionless glance, Aiko threw a glance towards Hayate. "Seeing your place is a mess, how about we pack some stuff? Then we could... find a place where you take some rest from this." She suggested with still a soft tone. Truth be told, she wasn't sure what the plans were going to be. It seemed that a friendly reunion wasn't going to be the case.

As the large thug was released, he simply shook his head. "Suit yourself kid. Just know the offer stands if you finally come to your senses." Gesturing to the remaining thugs, the group left quickly. They could return when they had more time to prepare...

Biting his lower lip, Hayate nodded. In a way he was relieved that the thugs had left and he could get his things from the shop. Not wanting to answer any questions, Hayate hurried past his two friends and entered the ruined shop. Standing amongst the mess, Hayate felt a pang of sadness. This had been home... This had been good. Shaking his head, he felt Ronin snuggle up to his neck. Scratching the creature behind its ears, Hayate went about packing his things. It didn't take him long, as there wasn't much left of use. Leaving the building, Hayate looked at his two friends. "So... what now?"

Kaen stood silent the entire time Hayate was packing things. Hid mind was processing the events, and also working on possible solutions, no matter how temporary ones. He threw a few glances at Aiko, most of them worried ones. He was afraid that their friend might be invovled in something that simly grew over his head. And he felt saddened by it. He always tried to protect his friends, but he realized that travelling the world, just like he did with Matsukaze, was not the best way to protect then. He turned to Hayate, with his hands crossed on his chest.

"I would suggest that we should be on the move. Even if only in Viola, but we cannot stay at this place. I am sorry ... Hayate." Giving Aiko another look, he turned back to his friend and walked up to him, placing his hand on his shoulder. "You had me worried here for a moment, my friend. If it would be up to me, I would leave this city right now but ... we have to wait for a moment. I guess we should keep a low profile and wait for Feng. And in the meantime ... Hayate. I am sure this is not comfortable for you right now, but ... please. We need to know why they were looking for you if we are to help you." He gave his friend a reassuring smile.

With Hayate heading inside, Aiko felt something at her right leg. Giving her heads, Tiriel sat next to her. Glad that her companion didn't decide to make any fuss or cause any problem, Aiko returned Kaen's glances with her own. Though she was quite calm, she wasn't too sure about the situation. With Kaen heading inside, Aiko decided to remain outside. Resting her right hand on the handle of her blade, she calmly looked around. The fight that had erupted within Hayate's store hadn't attract much attention. But if there would be some police force going to investigate the cause and trouble, Aiko wasn't sure if they would be able to get away without getting into trouble. After some moments, Aiko decided to throw a look over her shoulders. "We should get going." She called out, hoping that they would get the hint. Already Aiko started to think where they could take a low profile and plan on where and what they would do.

"I..." Looking down, Hayate sighed. "Thank you both... honestly, I don't know what I would have done if you guys hadn't shown up. But I don't want to get either of you in any more trouble. We should... we should probably go our separate ways here. You heard what those guys said. They're going to come back, and I... Look, I should go. I'll find my own way... somehow." Shifting his pack up on his shoulders, Hayate turned to leave, a feeling of guilt and sadness hanging over him.

[/spoili]

[fieldbox=Jinhai Su, peru, solid]

Jinhai didn't appreciate the shower of dirt that was dripping down on him and Ming. The whole situation felt unsafe and the specks of dirt that krept up his collar didn't make him feel better. Good thing he was not claustrophobic or for that matter, scared easily. He shifted Ming slightly on his back and followed the group. Shen's earthbending was impressive, his presicious even more so. Yun seemed less impressed with being underground. In fact he seemed more jittery and scared than he had been in his bar. The dead guy in the beginning of the cave probably had something to do with it. But man, he was loud.

Neither Jinhai nor Shun seemed to like the screams that came from Yun's mouth, but before Jinhai could voice his thoughts and concerns Shun beat him to it. As tactful as ever. Speaking of Shun his way leading begged some questions. Questions such as: did he really know the way? which really was a rather important one when you were stuck in a cave.

One thing was more important though and as they walked Jinhai tried to focus on that. Someone was behind them, tracking their footsteps from the shadows. But seeing as both he, Shun and Shen had noticed it it seemed that they weren't doing such a great job of being silent. There was a sudden stop in which Jinhai tightened his grip on Ming. If anything he would have to make sure to protect her. Shun spoke words that contradicted his previous actions. Jinhai understood that they had to be wary, getting caught was not an option after all, but cowering in fear wouldn't help much either. Was Shun nervous, Jinhai found it difficult to tell. Somehow it wouldn't surprise him if the footsteps belonged to someone who wanted to off the scrawny man. Maybe he had drabbled with those drugs again.

"Just get going." His own voice sounded far less hollow than Shun's. "Waiting here for something to happen is going to do us any good." He started to walk again, forcing the group forward because he had been the one closing the line. He eyed Yun. "If something happens," he mumbled towards the boy, "I want you to take Ming and hide further up in the cave until we have taken care of stuff. You can do that right?"

[/fieldbox]

ESCAPE FROM SHANGTAN: The Crumbling

The tunnel, as it was once known, used to be some sort of tourist highway straight through the mountain at a slight upwards gradient. The walk itself probably took a couple of hours, and at regular intervals were completely abandoned "Mountainside Cafés" and souvenir shops from a time lost to the ages. The cause of the downfall seemed to be the uphill climb, which would've deterred the lazy ones into going the longer way around, and perhaps the fact they opened up in the scummiest part of the City wasn't all that enticing either.

Before its use as a tourism trap, as Shun rightly recalled, the tunnel was actually the original mine of the Shangtan residents and because of this there were a myriad of side tunnels leading to even more dangerous places. Usually, rusted signs with brightly coloured arrows pointed towards the entrance which the group came from, a way of herding the stupid into the right path, whilst some of these side-tunnels were just sealed up entirely. Now that the original landside was completely cleared, the tunnel itself was large and airy, but also very, very dark. It was impossible to truly see where you were headed, just a pitchy fog before you, and a pitchy fog behind you.

The only way to tell which was was the right way was to go in the opposite direction of the crunching footprints of the strange and mysterious followers behind you.

MING
Ming was, as ever, being an endless fountain of aid in these dark times. She made a little grunting noise as she was gripped onto even tighter in the cave, followed by a quiet "ow." as one of the many bumps and bruises she harboured was bumped into. This kept going on for a little while in relative silence, not really stringing together a proper sentence but instead making little noises to just affirm that, yes, she was still alive and awake in this situation. More importantly, she didn't quite like it.​
Ming kept tugging at Jinhai's clothes for a while in an attempt to get his attention, before finally speaking up. "We gotta turn back," she warned the group. "Go the long way 'round, s'not safe in here." She fells into a semi-silence again, distracted by the ruined appearance of one of the various souvenir shops carved into the mountain. Then she made an urgent noise and tugged at Jinhai's collar. "We gotta turn back..." she repeated.​
"...Y'know, 'cause of the Boar-q-pines?"​
"REEEEEEEEEEE!"

Suddenly, two massive, hairy shapes stumbled out of the ruined souvenir shop and staggered around in the dark, huge nostrils flaring out clouds of steam. They crashed through cheap ornaments, practically crunching them into gravel as four dark, sunken eyes lock onto the group in the dark.

A boar-q-pine is just as scary as it sounds. The tunnel, huge as it is, could barely hold two of them side-by-side as they thudded into each other half-blind in the dark. Their thick snouts kept twitching as they snuffled the ground eagerly, split hooves scraping the floor as they prepared to charge. Even in the dim light, the mass of quills upon their back became evident as they spiked upwards angrily, and the saliva over their thick, yellowed tusks seemed to sparkle with cheap glitter and sequins. Were they...trying to eat the souvenirs?

There was hardly any time to discern whether or not this was the case, as the larger of the two makes another groaning squeal and started to lumber towards the group at full speed.

"Oh hell no," Shen hissed as the sound of crashing echoed into the tunnel they dug. "That can't be good." He gulped as he continued to focus on his task, forging on despite the sound behind. This was different from what he had expected; it was much more primal... More animal-like. A strange notion, but also one that held more frightening prospects. Shen tried to make haste, but the small pocket of dirt that dropped down on him warned him against doing so. It was a terrible situation to be caught in. With the earth around the group so loose, he was effectively unable to contribute significantly in a real battle. Though as he tore the wall open once more, the jingle in his pocket alerted him to another possibility.

The coins. He could bend them, merge them into a mass of metal that he could use as a weapon. It would be a pity to use this much money but against the prospects of having the tunnel cave in on them, it was really the only option if push came to shove... Which it clearly was about to be. The squeal in the air chilled him to his bones. The words of his Earth bending master rang out in his mind.

"The badgermoles were the first Earth Benders, and they taught us their art. Powerful creatures in their own element, you would do well to respect them."

Shen wasn't sure digging around would count as respect... Or what even constituted respect to the creature. Or if respect was even the right thing to do. His mind went into a state of overdrive. It may not necessarily be a badgermole. Perhaps, something else? Shen had never seen a badgermole or any other creature around this parts, so it was really going to be a first, even for him. He shook the thought out of his mind as he dug open a small pocket of earth just enough to fit a couple as he walked to the back of the group. "Well, damn, we have to deal with this before we go on," Shen sighed. "But you two must do most of the work. I need to stay back to make sure the tunnel doesn't cave on us while we fight."

He briefly met the gazes of Shun and Jinhai before he looked back at the way they came.

[fieldbox=Shun Min, #ff6600, solid]

Shun nodded as Shen halted their group, mentioning them to stop whoever was chasing them. Even Shun knew that the cav was far from safe to traverse, especially in this failed tourism area. Vandalism and criminal activities didn't help much to preserve the place nor its integrity, and it was probably better to take out whoever was chasing them in an ambush rather than having to worry about them possibly bringing the cave down on them.

Grabbing his personal firebender he manouvered himself into a position slightly behind Jinhai. Once again he felt as tiny as ever behind the tall man of steel muscles, and for a moment was brightly reminded of their first few meetings...

[fieldbox=In the Beginning, orange, solid]

20 years ago​

Shun groaned. How'd he get in this situation anyways... Sending a look at the drugdealer who got him sent into the ring, he already began figuring out a way to escape. Well, actually, if he could just win this fight, he was free. That was the deal. Well, not really the deal, he never really agreed to anything, but his opinion didn't really matter in this case. If only he hadn't been caught! Now he was stuck fighting one of the big boys here in the Blue Box to repay his debts to the drug dealer. But both of them knew that the small, scrawny thug wasn't that much of a fighter. Sure, he could beat the crap out of someone, but he had never trained or anything. Unlike the monstrous, hulking, mean fighting machines that walked around in here.

As he got pushed into the box, he knew there was little chance of escaping. He was in plain view of the loud horde of men, screaming for his blood, or his opponent's, and getting out would be pretty obvious. To escape here without being stopped would mean that he'd have to magically teleport out of the box past the entire horde here somehow. He'd have to fight this guy, or he would have to improvize. And that usually didn't end all too well.

Several guys already stepped foward to take on the whimpy kid, but were silenced when another kid pushed his way through and stepped out before anyone else. He gave Shun a cocky look, already considerably taller than the nineteen year old; but clearly younger. Nobody in the crowd stopped him from walking forward, though snickers spread through the crowd. They knew who he was: the only son of the owner of the Blue Box, Jinhai. He was only a fifteen year old kid, but around the fighting ring he was pretty known. Not for his fights, mind you, his father always kept him away from the fighting. Yet Jinhai was pretty much always there. He wanted to be in and today his father was not stopping him.

He walked another couple of steps forward so that he could tower over the other guy. "I will be your opponent." He tried to sound confident. He was confident. He was going to beat this guy up and then his father could not keep him out of this fighting ring ever again.

Well. He didn't know who or what was watching over him, but he thanked whatever it was. This arrogant brat would be easy as pie to take down. Shun grinned cruelly as he winked at the drugdealer behind him, who let out a frustrated sigh. "A deal's a deal, right?" Shun said on a sweet tone as he turned to face his opponent again. Cracking his knuckles and rolling his shoulders, he stepped forwards. "Alright, brat. Show me how pampered you are."

Jinhai grinned. This was what he had been waiting for all these years. For too long had he been standing in the kitchen cleaning plates and glasses. For too long had he been hiding behind the bar to check out the fighting. No more. He took a step back and looked around to see if his father was watching. He found the familiar figure standing at the bar, not looking at him. Well he would make him look. He turned his gaze back to his opponent.

And launched an attack. With a swift move he stepped forwards and tried to slam the boy before him full in his face like he had seen so many other fighters do.

Shun stepped backwards, surprised by the boy's enthusiasm. He really wanted his teeth kicked in! Mostly parrying the wild fist slung at his face, Shun grabbed the now outstretched arm of his opponent and used it, together with the speed of his opponent, to throw the boy over his shoulder as he turned around. The taller brat slammed into the wooden ring as Shun got up again, and lunged himself at the boy, kicking him straight in the ribs with all of his merciless, which was not that much in fact, strength.

Jinhai had always known that people got pretty roughed up in the fighting ring, but being on the outside always made it so that the pain didn't seem overly real. Now, however; as he slammed into the wood that wasn't blue anymore the pain seemed very real. Too real. It knocked the air straight out of his lungs and made his head spin. For a moment he was quite unsure where he was. He was reminded luckily by the furious kick that landed staight in his ribs and sent the air he had tried to regard away again. Jinhai opened and closed his mouth like a fish on dry land, desperate for the tiniest sliver of air.

Fuck.

That was not a good start. But he could come back from this. He could. He dug his fingers in the ground. His limbs felt heavy. He spit on the ground and raised his fist, sending a heap of dirt towards Shun's face in the hope that that might drive the guy away for a second so that he could get back up.

When the boy threw dirt at his face, Shun ignored his instinct to back off, and instead blindly charged forwards, rapidly blinking to get rid of the dirt. People usualy only threw dirt to buy time or to open an opponent's defences for an attack. The last thing they'd expect was a wild attack of its own. As such Shun stormed forwards, delivering two fast punches directed at Jinhai's face while trying to plant his knee in the taller guy's stomach or crotch.

That didn't go as planned; were Jinhai's only dazed thoughts as Shun's fists collided with his cheekbones. His head smashed sideways back against the wooden ring. His nose was bleeding, but before he could properly register that the knee of Shun found its way in his stomach. Despite his better instinct Jinhai's body buckled over. A combination of saliva and blood trickled down his lips and on his clothes. He groaned. This was not how it was supposed to go. He vaguely registered that the crowd was laughing. They weren't supposed to laugh! At least not at him. Their laughter should be because of the beating he was supposed to give this other kid. His hands clenched into fists and the muscles in his legs tensed as he willed his body to shoot forwards attempting to drive his shoulder into Shun's stomach this time. He was getting a hit in, if it was the last thing he would do.

Shun felt his feet lose connection with the ground as the kid, the stubborn bastard, launched himself into his stomach. Flinching as the larger kid landed on his chest after reconnecting with the ground, flat on his back, Shun rolled over and pinned the fuckface's arms to the floor with his knees, and started delivering punches to the unprotected face of Jinhai. The fucking brat would learn when to stop, and he would learn it now.

The more punches Jinhai received the less painful they became. The first two hurt like hell, but after a while a numbness settled down over him. Shun was still punching and it still hurt, undoubtedly his face looked the part, but his thoughts didn't even bother to register it anymore. He could only stare with half closed eyes to the ceiling as his face bobbed from right to left. Several groans that he had wanted to keep in escaped his lips as his feet made some half assed moves to attempt something that even Jinhai himself couldn't properly remember.

Everything hurt. That was the general thought that inhabited his head. But there were no specifics. Just pain. And the realisation that he had pretty much lost his first battle. The battle he had looked forward to for so long. And who had he lost it too? To some random scrawny guy who didn't even look like he could be a fighter, let alone be in this ring. Jinhai wondered what would have happened if he had went up against one of the big guys. Would he have any bones left? Even now he could feel his ribs protesting against the hits he was receiving.

The crowd was roaring with laughter; but suddenly it stopped: "The fight is over." A voice said from behind Shun's back where the owner of the bar himself had appeared.

Shun didn't come here too often; it was a fight club, and he was no fighter, but he did know several things of this place. It was led by a guy who knew how to fight, and this guy on the floor, under all the blood and bruises, did look quite a bit like the owner of the place. He also knew that a strong authoritaty voice usually was backed up by something, and before he even knew it Shun was standing next to the heap of groaning boy, hiding his bleeding knuckles as if he was innocence itself.

As Shun let him go the heap of bloody flesh that was Jinhai rolled on his side and cringed. He felt pathetic, but really couldn't stop himself from not looking pathetic at the moment. He knew who the figure was that had appeared in the fighting ring and it only made him feel worse. He had to be saved by his dad. Seriously? His first fight and he was this daddy's boy who couldn't survive without the help of his father.

"The shrimp wins," his father announced without any emotion in his voice. Jinhai closed his eyes. His nose was still bleeding. He wondered how his face looked. Suddenly his father was next to him. "Come on, you will want to walk out of here with or without my help. You want to walk out." The older man hoisted Jinhai up and forcefully dragged him to his feet. Trying to muster up enough dignity as he could Jinhai attempted to make some convincing looking steps to leave the arena that convinced no one. As he passed Shun he locked eyes with him. This was not over. He didn't know who this guy was and he didn't care, but next time things wouldn't be so easy.

The brat had grown faster, Shun thought as he rubbed his cheek. It had been a year and a half since he last fought this brat, but he had grown. He had later learned that he was called Jinhai, but he had realized the moment he had stepped into the ring that he wasn't the same Jinhai as last fight. He looked just as confident and reckless as before, but he now had an air about him which told Shun that he now had the bite to back up the bark with. He had been correct in that feeling, as even the glancing blow to his chin has made him feel dizzier than he already felt due to the 'Red Viper'.

He had always wondered why it was called the 'Red Viper', but by now, he knew for sure. Everything sounded weird and suspicious, and if you took enough of it it'd kill you just as fast as a real viper would. The only advantage of it was that the weird world you entered after taking it was so much more comfortable as the one you'd leave. Sadly, after a while you had to take more of it to achieve the same effect, and you'd always remain longing for that one moment of glorious ectasy of the first time. All the while still influenced by the drug of course. Charging forwards, hellbent on keeping the initiative, Shun tried to launch a left hook followed by an uppercut.

Without much effort Jinhai blocked the first punch by grabbing Shun's wrist and slammed the second to the side so that it missed his chin though it was only just. Was Shun even trying this time? It really wasn't that long ago since the two of them had first set eyes on each other, but this time the roles felt strangely reversed. Shun was the only that looked pathetic. Not just his fighting. He looked awful in general. Still scrawny as hell even though he had a good few years on Jinhai. But where Jinhai had grown, both taller and wider, Shun seemed to have become even less of a person. There lay a haunted look in his eyes, one that Jinhai had seen with more people in the city. He didn't like it. He wanted to beat Shun yes, but not when he was jacked up on whatever he was on. The hand that was holding Shun's wrist pulled the man closer while Jinhai lifted his leg to knee the man full in his crotch.

He saw it coming, and he had to avoid it. Being hit in the balls was something that, as a guy, you usually wanted to avoid. He turned sideways so he would miss the knee directed for his crotch, and outstretched his left and free arm, using it as a sort of scythe to mow down Jinhai's neck and throw him on the ground.

Jinhai's right arm shot out to parry the move and without wasting any time his other knee came up to meet Shun's crotch once again. As the man doubled over in pain, a pain that Jinhai really could almost feel as well and which he really did not want to share; Jinhai loosened his grip and pulled his arms back. Shun's cowering figure was right before him and swiftly Jinhai let both of his fists come down on his exposed neck.

The floor tasted bad. It always did before, yet still it was always something Shun noticed when his face was pressed into it. Rolling over instinctively to avoid more of a beating, Shun swung around his leg blindly, hoping to at least obstruct his foe as he flailed over the floor. The jerking and uncomfortable pain, yes, there is such a difference, between his legs was ignored through large jolts of adrenaline as he got up in a most elegant manner. Where had Jinhai learn- Well here of course, but... Shun just stopped trying to think of it, because he felt his brain was not really capable of such after that blow on his neck. Thanks to the adrenaline and the drugs however, he didn't really feel any specific pain. He just felt worse than usual, which was pretty bad already. He threw a punch at Jinhai, more for form than actually hitting the guy. He was seeing two Jinhai's anyways.

Jinhai took two steps back to avoid the flailing man and looked with both interest as disgust how Shun was thrashing about in the sand. When he finally did get up again - which was a slight surprising and praiseworthy feat in itself to be honest - he swung so randomly and missed Jinhai so completely that the man wondered if he had accidentaly and possibly permanently damaged Shun's brain with that last blow. He realized then that he didn't really care. As Shun tried to "hit" him Jinhai not so lightly kicked Shun in his side to send him towards the wooden ring.

There was a sudden sharp pain in the general numbness that was his mind, which quickly disappeared again. The next thing he knew his face suddenly collided with mercilessly hard wood, and another sharp pain shortly flared up. He vaguely realized that red, hot blood trickled down his face as he lay there, curled up against the side of the arena. That last blow had reduced his consciousness to his mind. Most of his senses were cutting off as he drifted away, untill all he could do was hear the crowd cheer for Jinhai's victory as he sunk in the blackness of his mind.

Beating Shun felt better than Jinhai really wanted to admit. For some reason he had really been waiting for this and he could feel the rush of excitement when he saw Shun slide down onto the ground and not move anymore. Despite himself he grinned and looked around. The crowd was cheering for him this time. Not for Shun. They had placed their bets on him. Not on Shun. He had won. Not Shun. And this time he was the one to leave the arena walking proudly. Not Shun. And that felt damn good.
[/fieldbox]

He was however, violently torn out of his daydreaming as a loud shriek and a crushing noise made him aware of the boar-q-pines in the alleyway. "That doesn't look good." He managed to say as their assailants appeared out of the hallway in front of them as the boar-q-pines charged them from behind. Luckily Shen's little cave could be used to hide Shen and Ming from the fight, but that didn't count for the rest of them. Recognizing which target Jinhai would have most trouble taking down, Shun lit a sigarette and opened the pan on his personal firebender, and took aim at the two charging creatures. They seemed to be mostly blind. Perhaps a flash and some sharp pain would do something about their plans of flattening him? Lowering his smoke into the pan, heavy recoil rocked his weapon upwards as a, for most people at least, lethal dose of hot lead was projected into one of the boar-q-pines, accompagnied by a blinding and loud BANG!
[/fieldbox]

Yun narrowed his eyes at Shun's comment but just shook his head and continued following, saying something wouldn't do anything. If he made him mad it'd end badly for him, if he didn't make him mad then he'd just feel embarrassed. Besides he just wanted to get out of here, he never thought he'd miss fresh air so much, being able to stretch his arms out and see the blue sky above his head.
He was tempted to clap his hands together and say a mental apology for taking being in the open for granted, also since they were being followed running away wasn't even an option, crawling absolutely...maybe if he got ahead the others would slow down their stalkers.
Yun shook his head at this pushing those thoughts aside, knowing he couldn't do that he'd feel guilty leaving Ming and Shen behind...maybe Jinhai.
He was pretty sure he wouldn't miss Shun but he'd purposely make a nameless grave for him if need be.

Yun looked at Jinhai over his shoulder as he spoke to him, he listened very carefully to the man's words his eyes narrowing a little as he caught what he had to say.
If things went downhill he wanted him to take Ming and run ahead of the group to ensure her safety. Jinhai...wanted him to willingly leave the danger to ensure Ming's safety while they took care of whatever assaulted them, he was giving him a reason to leave.
There was no way he was passing up that opportunity and keeping his pride while he was at it.
"Yeah I can do that," Yun said nodding. "I'll do everything in my power to make sure nothing happens to her till you guys can catch up."
When Ming roused a bit he arched a brow wondering if she knew what was going on around her, though when she mentioned it wasn't safe Yun's eyes twitched a little as it both answered his question and worried him.
"Is any part of this place safe?" he mumbled squeezing the bridge of his nose. "I swear I hate those guys, you could be guiding us through this. I'd watched Shen beat them up again without a moments hesitation."

Putting aside the eerie fog around them Yun's whole body flinched as a loud noise echoed through the cave, his body tensed and he shut his eyes picking up the noises coming from the creatures, though he didn't want to look in their direction right now.
He didn't know what they were but if Ming was warning them they probably weren't friendly, he slowly turned his head to see the creatures before he took a small step back seeing the quills on them, melee was no longer an option.
"No weapons and no bending here guys so have fun with that cause I can't do anything against that," he said pointing at them.
He immediately turned to Jinhai at this before pointing at him.
"This is the part where I go ahead right?" he questioned only to look back as the assailants appeared. "Oh come on really!"
He wasn't sure what to do since one of the things were charging them now, though his attention moved over to Shen noticing him aiming something.
He arched a brow before his eyes rested on the strange device he remembered from the blue box, when something flew out of the object he made a fist glad to see Shun had a trick up his sleeve, however when the loud Bang rang out he felt a chill run up his spine.
"Attack with something quieter!" Yun silently yelled.

Reactions: RoranHawkins
[fieldbox=Jinhai Su, peru, solid]

"This would be the part where you stay and hide," Jinhai confirmed to Yun as he lowered Ming and carefully placed her in Yun's arms again. "You keep her save now,. His idea to find his way through the tunnels had started to sound less and less of a good silent plan. But the point was, there was no other way. The roads out of Shangtan were controlled and they couldn't affort that. But was it worse than being eating alive?

Yes it was, Jinhai knew, because they were not going to be eaten and they were going to make it out fine.

Shun fired his magical weapon that Jinhai had always found kind of ridiculous. Only Shun would think of a "personal firebender" that forced the user to smoke a sigarette before he or she could use it. Leave it to Shun to make everything about smoking. How he even come up with that, Jinhai really did not want to know. Shun had turned to the creatures and hopefully they would be dazed by the loud sound that Shun's weapon had just produced, or otherwise by the flare. Generally creatures that lived below the ground were not so good with bright lights. Jinhai had turned the other way and adopted a thoughtful expression. He vagely registered that Yun was talking about being more silent and he shook his head.

"No, make more noise. It will scare them and give us the time we need..." He said turning his head slightly so that Shun would be capable to hear him better. Then he turned back to assess the dark before him. "Shen? Would it be possible to make another of those little holes to fit us three? I mean I have no issue fighting who ever is coming my way, but why fight if we can have these two parties dunk it out. Maybe the one will chase the other away." The more people they could get in the rampage of the boar-q-pine the better, as long as they all stayed safe of course.

[/fieldbox]

Shen had to admit to being impressed with Shun's little device. Considering he was a non-bender, this was quite possibly the closest one can be to a fire-bender without being one themselves. And the power of that device was in no way paltry. Though the recoil appeared to be an issue, and Shen supposed against a skilled metal bender like himself, that would be foregone battle. It was a pointless thought considering the situation, but he couldn't resist it. The tunnel was holding fine, regardless, much better than Shen had expected. Although he could still feel several pockets of earth that were already loose, they did not seem to shift despite the blast of Shun's personal firebender. He kept his focus on those pockets, as Jinhai spoke to him.

"Now that's an idea," Shen muttered. It certainly was. Although he highly doubted the people following them would be so easily chased away by mere boar-q-pines, it was not a bad idea to at least stall them. "Alright, hang on."

Shen turned back to the tunnel they created, tearing open the walls again as he beckoned Jinhai over. "I could close this tunnel behind us after those boar-q-pines are chased away," Shen offered, turning to wait for Shun before he would close it. Stomping the ground once more for another glimpse with his seismic vision, he looked further behind the boar-q-pines, noticing the figures following were now moving faster. On the other hand, he sensed that they were at least nearing halfway out of this hell hole. "Hurry now!"

Yun took Ming more than happy to put some distance between himself and those things, he looked at Jinhai hearing him mention making more noise and decided to just let them handle this situation.
"I'll keep her safe you guys watch yourself," Yun said nodding to him.
"Mostly cause my chance of survival is higher with you guys."
Yun looked at the girl in his arms before sighing and running towards the small cave Shen created, making sure to put enough distance to not be a target but also to keep an eye on what was going on. Kneeling he set Ming down still not wholly comfortable with the whole touching part, as he watched the three deal with the boar-q-pines and the potential threat approaching them from the hallway.
Being surrounded on both sides, in a cave that can collapse at any point in time, running with a wanted criminal.
"Starting to wonder if this is karma for something I did," Yun mumbled keeping his head low. "Maybe it's for going in a brothel."

Yun admitted Jinhai's idea was a good one, he was all for avoiding fighting whatever was approaching them, he would definitely feel guilty leaving him behind but he put the idea aside his gaze moving over to Ming every now and then. She was wrapped up but he wondered if they should get her to an actual doctor, she had been unconscious for a bit now, she seemed half awake earlier. Figuring staring at her wasn't going to aid in waking her up he turned his attention back to Shun whose actions would determine whether the plan worked or they had more to deal with.
"Here's hoping this works, I'd rather not die in a dark cave...or anywhere else but definitely not a cave."

[fieldbox=Shun Min, orange, solid]

Shun nodded that he understood. His first shot had been as succesful as he had hoped it to be. The boar-q-pines were not fond of loud, blinding flashes of light, nor of sudden invisible pain. Both temporarily halted their charge, shaking their heads vigorously, blinded by the bright flash, and one of them let out a horrible shrieking noise as a dark red spot appeared in its massive shoulders. The poor thing would slowly die of lead poisoning and infections. But not yet. It had a score to settle. Both beasts, enraged by the annoying figure that had disturbed their nearby nesting ground and then blinded and wounded them, wildly recommenced their charge. As the thunderous footsteps of the two beasts closed in, Shun was only halfway reloading his weapon, but got an even better idea.

"Run!" He yelled to Jinhai, pushing the man aside as he tore open a second paper cartridge with his teeth, dropping the leaden bullet on the ground. A crooked and slightly insane grin formed on his face as he threw both cartridges at the charging beasts, gunpowder filling the air like a dust screen. Shun began diving away as he took a last breath of his sigarette and then tossed it into the cloud of gunpowder, hoping for the best.

The result was chaos. A relatively moderately sized bright explosion surrounded both boar-q-pines as they charged past them, raking Shun in the leg with one of their shoulders, sending him reeling into Jinhai and the spare escape hole. The burned boar-q-pines kept wildly charging ahead, blind in their fury to get their assailant, charging straight into the people following them. Shun could feel a horrible pain in his shin resembling falling on a stone-tiled staircase with one's shin, and let out a pained groan as he crashed into the others. A slightly amusing side effect was that his eyebrows, beard and hair were smoking much like his jacket did, luckily harmlessly so.

"Awesome..." He grunted softly, before passing out.
[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.