OUT OF CHARACTER Avatar, Bending Unleashed (OOC)

Moose

Spider-Buddy
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Fire. Air. Water. Earth. With mastery of the four elements the avatar was a symbol for world peace, the bridge between the physical and the spiritual. In year 228 it was finally too much for Avatar Korra, from the mercury poisoning, losing and regaining Raava, and all her other rough adventures... She died.

Avatar Genji was born and it was truly a new era as Vaatu began to emerge within Genji, whispering in his ear as he grew up, corrupting his thoughts and dreams. Genji was truly power hungry, an effect from growing up with Vaatu inside him. By the time he was sixteen he was a fully realized Avatar, bypassing the records of all Avatars who had passed before him other than Aang. He wanted more. More power, more influence, more everything.

Genji traveled to Earth nation provinces, going to the local leaders of the Fledgling democracy and convincing the locals that things would be much better if they went back to a monarchy, doubly so since Genji would be in charge and he was the Avatar. He made a single pass over all the provinces, the ones he could agree to join him peacefully he used to pressure further and further ones. When diplomacy stopped working to get the people to work for him, he revealed his true colors and began using force.

Genji would show up to battlefields alone, harvesting spirit power to strengthen his Avatar state, his eyes glowing purple from the light of Raava and Vaatu. He would decimate his opponents and make sure that his victory was known to be absolute, and belonging to him alone. Genji finally announced to the world that Kuvira had a nice idea but her ambitions fell short. Republic City would rejoin the Earth Nation, and then the Earth Nation would consume the other nations and become the Avatar Nation.

What remained of the White Lotus came up with a plan, they needed the Avatar to be defeated, simply to show it could be done. Four benders were carefully selected to fulfill the duty of taking down the Avatar, all were ultimate masters of their element, the greatest there ever was. If they could not defeat the Avatar, there was no hope.

Ok, so if the way we are recruited leaves a sour taste in your mouth we can workshop it, it was the first thing I thought of. We can already be friends, we could form internally and so on.

Definitely depends on what we all have in mind on our characters.

I got the basics and skills mostly thought out but the actual backstory I haven't gotten to. 😂

Do we have a sheet btw or are we free to make our own? 🤔

Free to make your own. I will be making one tomorrow if you guys want to crib off my work.

Reactions: Monbon
It's been too long since I gotten to making any fancy sheet, so perhaps I'll wait and see (and steal). Meanwhile, any preferences on the style/type of faceclaims, etc. and the like? (IRL FCs or drawn... AI-generated?)

Reactions: Moose
I figure preference would be drawn since avatar is a animated series.

I'm in too if that's okay.
I always loved Avatar the Last Airbender and Avatar Korra.

Sorry, the RP is full. I would appreciate it if you could delete your additions to the characters thread.

Sorry, the RP is full. I would appreciate it if you could delete your additions to the characters thread.
Okay. I got them off.

Reactions: Moose
I figure preference would be drawn since avatar is a animated series.
In case it matters to you, are AI-generated references acceptable?

Yanjiang is gonna ask Lei to teach him that flick technique

Why did no one tell me Yanjiang's height conversion was off by a foot? He's been a foot shorter than he actually is for a week.

• Haha
"It's pretty simple, actually. You start off by finger punching holes in trees..."

Damn, Yanjiang is massive. 😂

1699857352990.png

Reactions: Miracleist
He is one inch taller than P'li

never noticed how many tall characters there were

I only remember two that were massive on that scale, P'li and Kyoshi

Will get my character up tomorrow, hopefully! Sorry for the wait.

Has anyone else seen the teaser trailer for ATLA real life version? 😍

• Love
Reactions: Moose and Monbon