I feel like the content is good, but your execution is meh. I liked his points and perspective, but with a revision or two it would be quite a bit better. I think if it focused on dialogue, it would work out quite a bit better. I tend to do that myself.

Announcement

As unfortunate as it is to say, GonzoB. will be stepping down as a Creative Advocate and becoming inactive in the roleplay until a later date. Master Zhing is being recycled as an NPC (for now) and I will begin restructure on Group Three. As of now, I'm on the hunt for a Creative Advocate again. I believe the most effective way to replace Master Zhing will be simlpy to swap her out in the group for an Airbending Monk from the Patola Mountains to be the formal group leader, then have Xue act as the representative for Master Zhing. In that case, the transition will be almost seamless. If anyone is interested in the position, please PM me. If I can find no formal replacement in the period of three days, I will restructure Group Three to be a group from the Treetop Village and work to incorporate members of Group Six into Group Three to either create a new group with a few rewrites to at least two characters and dismiss Ryver as she expressed interest in going on hiatus with the absence of GonzoB. due to unrelated reasons.

To the roleplayers that have been waiting, I apologize. I put forth every effort I could as a GM and as a writer to work out the group. At times, it just doesn't work. However, even in the face of a small failure, I will continue to work to assure that new groups will be created and that those left in the wake won't be forgotten. My first and most immediate priority is to assure Winter, whom has been on the waitlist in Group Three the longest, alongside my character Duhne and of course Xue if Ryver so chooses are given another opportunity in the roleplay. Again, I can only apologize.

In unrelated news, Group Five has a complete set of three CS's that are nearly finished (I don't know if the third friend of Aleksandar chose to stick around, otherwise the set is 3/4). In addition to that, with those CS's finished, their counterpart CS's are underway for Group Four. I am excessively pleased with the characters this group is making as a whole and I believe they are well worth the wait. Aleksander, The16thPun and Azis have been great to work with and seeing the potential in their respective characters being sculpted while also opening up avenues of creativity for their counterpart characters has been a great experience. I hope fellow roleplayers come to agree once this group is finished.

Thank you for your time,
The Forlorn Prince~​

• Thank You
Reactions: Jade
I would like to formally apologize to you all for my inability to work this RP in to my life. I'm certain I will be missing a lot in the weeks and months to come, but I'm just glad that I am no longer bogging down all of your adventures in this wonderful game.

Perhaps I will be able to return some time in the future, but until then, I wish you all the best.

Oh, a special thank you to Prince for bringing me in and fostering me as a CA; I'm sorry I couldn't/didn't live up to expectations. Still, I had a lot of fun, and you are an exceptional GM.

Thanks again, and have fun!

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
This roleplay sounds awesome! The concept is awesome! Are you still taking roleplayers? If so, I'm in.

I am always accepting, however, I am going under a slight restructure at the moment. I would suggest, if anything, not fillng out a full CS as much as making a "skeleton" of the character concept you want without fleshing it out too much, then when I have more available time for new applicants, we will together - with you, I and your respective group - work on fleshing out our characters together in a productive way.

Sounds like a plan!

[Male | 24 | Earth Kingdom - Sandbender Tribes]

Assassin.jpg

Suna is a cunning Earthbender with an indomitable will and a calm albeit troubled frame of mind. He utilises sand as his weapon of choice, being able to make weapons out it and crush rock and earth to make more sand. Like a Waterbender or Airbender, Suna isn't a melee fighter, and chooses to wait and strike rather than be fully offensive or defensive.

Personality-wise, he can be a silent jerk to others but kind to his female compatriots. His male compatriots, he acts as a stereotypical male - insulting them when insults are due. He could be, if he wanted to, serious and very observant. Suna's life and experiences moulded him to be a dirty fighter - one who is very confident, sometimes overconfident, in his skills in the battlefield, in the marketplace, and even the ladies. When he isn't fighting, he spends his time sewing, which is calming. He doesn't care if people think it's a girly hobby, but it reminds him of his family - any chauvinistic male who insults him for doing this will get what's coming for them. Some would even say his sewing is better than his Sandbending, as he can make the finest rugs, clothes, curtains, and other fabric-based products. It is unknown why, but Suna shares a connection with the different fauna of the world. Even the most dangerous or vicious of beasts do not want to kill Suna right away, as the young man has a sort of allure when it comes to animals from the smallest to the biggest. Of course there are some animals or beasts that, when hungry or provoked by Suna, would attempt to kill him. Suna is very partial to meat and desert foods, such as Camelephant meat and Cactus Juice, but has since learned to be exotic due to his time travelling. He is undoubtedly street smart and knows his stuff. Usually walking with both hands in his pockets or whistling various tunes, it is no doubt that Suna has a sort of cocky, badboy vibe. In spite of changing for the better, Suna shows a lot of his delinquent side. His biggest negative trait, however, is his materialism and apparent greed - overpricing his fabrics and stealing big bags of coin from Phoenix Forces. He doesn't admit this to anyone, but he has stolen from people of the Rising once or twice, to appease himself of his needs.

Though Suna can be cynical, insensitive, rude, violent, greedy, flirtatious, and willing to kill and steal, Suna is a good person at his very core. He would never betray his friends or the Rising, or sell them out to the Phoenix King for money. He wouldn't steal from his friends and hurt them, and hates when the innocent are oppressed. He is a familial young man, and misses his mother dearly. As a leader, he takes his job very seriously but is still prone to brutal honesty and criticism. This benevolence is put to the test when it comes to the Phoenix King and his forces, however, as he finds it hard for anyone to be good to come out of that kingdom, as he has a deep-rooted hatred for the Phoenix King.

Traits:

korra-queen.jpg

Sandswimmer: Whereas Toph found herself learning most if not all of her Earthbending techniques in the hands, or rather, claws of large Badgermoles, Suna found himself under the tutelage of Sandsharks, creatures native to the Si Wong Desert. Actually, he's only ever met one. He did not learn Earthbending from it, but it was through observing it, and riding along its large hide did the great predator of the Earth Kingdom accept the young man as if it was its mother of some sorts. It was also through the creature that Suna was able to master the art of travelling, hunting, hiding, stealth, and speed. Because of his beast of a friend, the Sandbender can move as fast as an average sandsailers both above and underground and has the potential to outrun even the speediest of benders.

Gaara's_Sand_Tsunami.png

Earth Disintegration: Suna possesses the ability to freely manipulate sand and is more comfortable using sand rather than large boulders and rocks, as sand is adaptable and can freely be shaped. If he wills it, Suna can crush rocks and boulders into a countless mass of pebbles, little rocks, and sand-sized grains to use in place of sand, as he utilizes speed more than the average Earthbender's strong style. He is proficient at crushing a large boulder into a countless mass of grains and sand-sized pebbles. He has developed many "capture and crush" tactics, but can also fight formidably if need be. Much like a waterbender, Suna can create tsunamis, waves, spikes, and tentacles of sand, pebbles, and soil - compacting it further to achieve a harder, more dangerous form. In spite of never having Waterbending or Airbending training, he lives by many Waterbending and Airbending principles such as adaptability and change, waiting, tiring opponents out, since he was born and raised in a very harsh environment. Many of his unique traits that are equal to the Waterbender and Airbender peoples are a result of his upbringing. In light of his stealth tactics, Suna can even break rocks and sand apart into dust-like particles to make a dust cloud. The dust cloud is a less subtle substitute for Naomi's mist technique.

snake.jpg

Shequan: Also known as Snake Boxing, or Fanged Snake Style, Shequan is one of the five archetypal animal-based fighting styles of Chinese martial arts. Shequan makes use of flat palms with all fingers pointed forward, ever moving in unpatterned, erratic, serpentine fashion with bent elbows. Strikes are painful whipping motions that cause the force of the strike to travel up the arm and exit through the fingertips. Users of the Snake Style aim for all of an opponent's weakest pressure points much like Chi Blocking, although not completely. As this fighting style's efficiency is centered around speed and precision rather than power, Suna uses this style as his most dangerous weapon being an agility and speed-based combatant. Unlike normal snakes, Suna's arm movements mimic a Sandshark's movements when swimming, hiding, hunting, and diving in and out of the sand. Suna incorporates Shequan in his Earth and Sandbending whenever he fights long range.

dragon.jpg

Southern Dragon Style: Suna's close-quarters style revolves around yet another archetypal animal-based Chinese martial art. Here, the user bends his fingers to imitate a draconic talon which can then be used to strike both hard and fast at the head, chest, and stomach, whilst still being able to strike certain pressure points. Southern Dragon Style also makes use of heavy legwork which is described as following a zigzag motion that mimics the imagined movement of the mythical Chinese dragon. This also allows Suna to use floating and sinking movements which are very important in generating power and stability, making his body calm and relaxed. Unlike traditional Earthbending Hung Gar, which emphasizes standing strong in the midst of adversity, Southern Dragon users stand strong and stable whilst pressing on and disrupting an opponent's balance. Footwork is then manifested in zigzagging steps, strong stomps, and powerful lower kicks. This style has less erratic and irregular hand strikes than Shequan, though prides itself in equally erratic footwork.

Charismatic Marketeer: Suna makes use of his silver tongue mainly to goad people into buying his usually overpriced fabrics, which is understandable since he makes high-quality products. His selling ability isn't limited to things he makes, as he can talk about objects and people efficiently. He has a keen eye, observing objects and people. His ability to masterfully "describe" objects and people is what makes him such a good salesman. As a black marketeer for various people who aid The Rising, he is also a great contraband dealer, selling weapons and armor to people who are in line with the Rising's cause.

Sewing: Suna prides himself in his ability to sew things together - a skill he uses both to calm himself and to appear sensitive to women he fancies. A skill learned from his mother Bast, he is often found sewing rugs, mats, carpets, curtains, and even dresses to give as gifts to people.

Relationships:

ss72.jpg

Sobek: Suna's father is is a grizzled survivalist of a man. As an assassin, he was a dangerous mercenary and assassin during his time due to both his proficiency in Earthbending and combat skills. Fleetfooted and silent, Sobek wielded many bladed weapons with earthen handles. Though he knew of the Rising, Sobek did not care much about their existence. He harbored a strong dislike for the Phoenix King and his regime, but it wasn't enough for him to join the revolution against him. What drove him to attempt to assassinate Ozai was a very large amount of money offered to him by a wealthy bidder, perhaps from the Rising itself. He met Bast along his travels. As a father, Sobek was a strict albeit friendly and loving man who disciplined Suna as best as he could, in spite of the rebelliousness that grew within his son. He held within his mind many pieces of marketing information that he needed to know when he quit his job as an assassin. After Suna's abandonment, his psyche and emotional state heavily deteriorated since he could not bear to lose his son. Because of the emotional and mental trouble, his business failed and he and Bast ended up near bankrupt. He then died miserably.

diabloiii_demonhunter.jpg

Bast: Suna's mother is a silent woman who was as dangerous as her husband in her years as an assassin. Unlike her husband, whose finesse with the blade and Earthbending was somewhat unmatched, Bast did not wield a blade in the heat of battle or in the dead of night. She was a more "hands-on" type of killer - making things look like accidents, suffocations, Earthbending burial from out of the blue. In short, she hated being seen. It was both fortunate and unfortunate that Sobek saw her in one of their missions, prompting them to fall in love. While attempting to break in Ozai's castle, both she and her husband were found out by the more skilled benders and soldiers under the Phoenix King's control. When they escaped, it was Bast who forced Sobek to quit this life of darkness due to her spilling the beans; she was with child. As a mother, she taught him everything he knows about sewing, which was her passion since she was a little girl. She was beaten and was then either dragged seemingly dead to the Phoenix King's courts or killed on the spot. Suna doesn't know a thing.

latest

Ghashiun: A character from the original series and Suna's childhood best friend and one of his Sandbending teachers whom he had a falling out with. Ghashiun grew up from a gung ho youth to a rebellious thief and liar. Ghashiun was just as low here as he was in the series; he was low enough to try to turn Suna's mother Bast in to the Phoenix Kingdom for a petty bag of gold pieces. Suna's rage ultimately led to his downfall, proving to both himself and Ghashiun who the better Sandbender was. A bladed pillar of compacted sand through his stomach was what ultimately killed him.

555289-sha_mo_large.jpg

Sha-Mo and Yulduz: Ghashiun's father and mother from the original series, respectively. Yulduz later dies of a serious illness. Sha-Mo acted as one of Suna's Sandbending teachers and taught him the many differences of Sandbending to traditional Earthbending, the principles of Sandbending and how similar it was with Airbending and Waterbending, and the art of desert-based combat. He believes his son, Ghashiun, was unjustly murdered by Suna and thus forbade Suna from ever seeing him and his daughter ever again.

80e1f2f0a3fca6c51d771be27a138a58.jpg
Haruki: Sha-Mo and Yulduz's adopted daughter whom Suna had a crush on when he was a boy. Though they never got together, Suna wished they could have. Along with Sha-Mo, she ended up hating Suna, believing he killed her brother.
554021-smellerbee.jpg

Smellerbee: A character from the original series. Smellerbee is currently a prominent figurehead in the expanded guild of Freedom Fighters under Jet. She is arguably his second-in-command, or at the very least, one of the most important people fighting for the Rising. Proficient in bladed weapons, she is Suna's recruiter, mission handler, and go-to-girl. She briefs Suna and his team of any covert missions, Phoenix Forces trade markers, and informants that need to be met.

History:
Suna was born to Sobek and Bast, two Earthbending assassins turned fugitives after a failed uprising against the Phoenix King and his oppressive regime. After their failed attempt on Ozai's life, Sobek and Bast became two of the many criminals that the Phoenix King wanted dead or imprisoned. Indeed, the hunt for the Earthbending runaways was relentless, but the two assassins were too sly and crafty for the former Fire Lord's enforcers. Escaping to the Misty Palms Oasis, Sobek and Bast led completely different lives, turning away from their old profession and becoming carpet and fabric merchants instead. It was in these dull years of Sobek and Bast's lives that Suna was born, giving the young Earthbender a pretty boring childhood filled with naught but learning the simplest Earthbending techniques like how to geokinetically lift earthen materials, playing with the local children, enduring Sobek's physical training sessions, and even learning how to sew fabrics and sell them. In spite of the tediousness of those years, Suna learned many necessary traits in life, such as valuing hard work and family, whilst retaining the happiness of his childhood. At the age of six, Suna grew up to be an average Earthbender, but a proficient marketeer - being able to sell many of his parents' goods for a very high price. He was a child with a silver tongue for business, using his adorable youth to his advantage.

One night, while Sobek and Bast were closing their shop, they witnessed a ruined sand-sailer traversing the great dunes of the Si Wong Desert, parking in the outskirts of the small desert town just in time to escape a Si Wong Sandshark. Benevolently, Sobek rushed towards the ruined sand-sailer and offered the man, his wife, and his two children, Sha-Mo Yulduz, Ghashiun, and the adopted Haruki, some food, water, and a place to spend the night. It was Sobek's kindness that garnered Sha-Mo's trust and almost instantly, the adults and their children became good friends. The next morning, Sobek offered Sha-Mo a thick and strong fabric for the Sandbender's sand-sailer. While the two fathers repaired the vehicle, the two sons were sparring in the centre of the town. The match was far from being stalemate, as Suna could not fight lest he chips pieces of the town buildings - relying on his innate speed and agility, as well as his basic melee skills instead. Ghashiun defeated Suna almost immediately, being experienced in the art of Sandbending combat. After the two men had repaired the sailer, Sha-Mo and his family left the Misty Palms Oasis. Visiting the Misty Palms Oasis then became a recurring event for the Sandbending family, as Bast's fabrics were the best in the town. These visits were also important, since Suna learned the ways of Sandbending in the heart of the desert from Sha-Mo and his son, and their tribe. He learned that Sandbending was akin to Waterbending or Airbending, using more fluid-like motions and following change-based principles when using the art. The child of the former assassins was quick to adapt to this desert-bending. Suna, whose Earthbending was unexceptional at best, excelled in this new type of bending.

Suna, Ghashiun, and Haruki spent their seventh year venturing out into the desert, playing and sparring from days on end. Suna and Ghashiun's relationship flourished into a sort of rivalry, always knocking each other down using sand and other earth materials. They laughed about the most shallow things and helped each other grow in their combat skills. Suna also had a slight crush on his friend's non-bending older sister, but tried his best to hide it from them. It was, however, pathetically obvious. One day, after venturing too far out into the desert, the three children were attacked by a vicious Sandshark. While Ghashiun and Haruki ran, Suna stayed behind - unexplainably drawn by the beast's movements. In return, the Sandshark was drawn to Suna. For some unknown reason the Sandshark and Suna locked eyes as if drawn by each other's spirits. Ghashiun and Haruki could do nothing then, but stare in awe. What was happening was a phenomenon that none could explain. When they returned home, the three children talked to their parents about their experiences in the desert enthusiastically. This was the beginning of Suna's desire to sneak out at night only to meet his animal friend. These nights often had Suna hunting wild jackalopes to give to the sandshark for it to eat, regardless of its size. In return, the giant beast would allow Suna to ride on its back as it dove and swam underground - perhaps the best type of adventure, according to Suna.

As the years went by, Suna's bending and combat skills were on par with his best friend's, being able to defeat Ghashiun on some occasions. It was even through Sandbending that Suna was able to further realise his normal Earthbending, combining the two styles and principles to compress and harden sand and systematically crush pieces of rock to create more makeshift sand, as well as form sand-made constructs. Also, thanks to his nights with the Sandshark, Suna also learned how to swim in sand and earth as if it was water. At seventeen years old, Suna was an able-bodied fighter, bender, and even the best fabric-maker and salesman that the Misty Palms had to offer, thanks to his parents and friends. In these years, the adolescent Suna became more of a rebellious teen rather than the obedient son that Sobek and Bast once raised. Due to the many nights sneaking out to meet the Sandshark, fighting Ghashiun, and being with Haruki, Suna found himself ditching his shifts and spending the nights in the desert. Suna's familial relationship wavered during these years as he yearned to be more independent from his parents who grew tired of him always spending his nights with Sha-Mo's tribe. After a heated argument with his parents, Suna ran away from home, grabbing his sewing tools and some fabrics, stealing some money, packing his clothes. Before leaving, he met up with Ghashiun and Haruki and they shared one last night together. He confessed his feelings for Haruki, but said he did not wish to stay. Suna attempted to get them to come with him but unlike the rebellious teen, Ghashiun and Haruki wished not to abandon their family.

The seventeen year-old ventured throughout the Earth Kingdom, spending his days and selling his fabrics in Omashu, Kyoshi Island, and other small, unnamed villages. Of all the villages he's visited, his favourite is Gaoling because it is there that Suna's combat skills greatly improved. He became an avid fan of the Earth Rumble tournaments, cheering loudly for the Boulder, who was then the champion. He trained and honed his Sandbending for a year in order to be strong enough to fight in the tournaments and, one day, he defeated the Boulder using cunning evasion and surprise attacks with his sand, utilising its adaptability to whatever situation. Against the Boudler, who fought using basic "strongman" tactics, Suna's smart and impromptu way of fighting, as well as his sandswimming technique, earned him an Earth Rumble Belt and the winnings. The fans baptised him as the Si Wong Ghost, since Suna wore his white cloak as his wrestler's outfit. From ages nineteen to twenty, the Sandbender became Earth Rumble's youngest champion twice, as his skill was unlike any other. Being the champion of the tournament made Suna an arrogant fighter whom the ladies loved. Still, he could not let go of his childhood crush. It was during these years Suna began missing his family. Still, his pride prevented him from returning to the Misty Palms Oasis. The longer he stayed in Gaoling as the Earth Rumble Champion, the more depressed and detached he got. Upon reaching the age of twenty-one, he lost to another Earth Rumble participant, as his head was not in the game that tournament day. He still had some fans and amassed a small fortune due to selling his fabrics and winning the Earth Rumble two times.

One night, after a fight in the arena, Suna walked towards Gaoling and encountered a man that looked extremely like his father, only slightly older. Upon seeing him, Suna's mind was filled with memories of his adventure-filled childhood, his nights with the Sandshark, the times he and his family bonded over their business, his training sessions with Ghashiun, his small encounters with Haruki, and his life in the Si Wong Desert. In spite of the harshness of the environment, the vision of his father reminded him of his home and his life back in the Si Wong Desert and, without thinking, followed him into the Foggy Swamp. As it turns out, it was an apparition that led him to the Banyan-Grove Tree. After about five days lost in the swamp, the Sandbender met a tribe of Swampbenders who explained that the Foggy Swamp was a place of spiritual escape as many of them had achieved spiritual enlightenment underneath the tree's leaves. They explained that enigmatic weather patterns and visions of the past, present, and future were commonplace in the swamp and seeing a vision of his father could mean that the real Sobek needed him. The Swampbenders taught Suna to sit down and meditate, to focus his emotions and spirit into the roots of the Banyan-Grove Tree. Since Suna did not have seismic sense, he could not see what was happening in the Misty Palms Oasis. He could only feel the despair of the people and the chaos that has befallen the little town. At once, he returned to Gaoling, packed his things as well as money, and left. With his mastery of Sandbending, Suna created a platform of makeshift sand from the rocks and flew forth to the Misty Palms Oasis.

From a far off distance, Suna could see naught but the vastness of the sandy desert and the lowly town where he grew up. The day was peaceful but there was a sombre feel about it. Upon landing in the outskirts of the town, Sha-Mo's tribe, his two children, his mother Bast, and some locals were holding a funeral for Sobek. They burned incest and offered fruits and hunted Jackalopes to the spirits, burying them with the corpse of Suna's father. Suna ran to the group and asked them what happened, weeping on his knees. Everyone was also shocked to see Suna back, but the Sandbending prodigal son could not think straight. Embracing the crying boy, Bast and Haruki exclaimed that he died of depression because of Suna's departure. He abandoned his business, became violent with the Phoenix King's policemen, and drank his depression away, for what father can handle the loss of his son? Suna told them of how the roots of the Banyan-Grove Tree led him back home and it was unfortunate that, five days ago, his father was still alive. Later that night, Ghashiun, Haruki, and Suna hung out and out of sheer sadness, told the two of his parents' secret - that they were assassins who almost ended Phoenix King's Ozai's life. Now, they live in constant hiding. The Phoenix King's men still put up wanted posters of Sobek and Bast who looked nothing like their past selves as their skin had darkened and their hairstyles had changed as they lived in the desert. The Phoenix King would still pay a hefty amount for it, however. Upon hearing this, Ghashiun's eyes sparkled with greed - in the years without Suna, Ghashiun's life also went downhill as he became a thief. Thievery was looked down upon in Sha-Mo's tribe, but Ghashiun couldn't care less. He hid his pastime from his family and acted as if he was still an obedient son.

A week later, Ghashiun arrived in the Misty Palms Oasis with a troop of Phoenix King Ozai's policemen in the dead of night. He had the wanted poster of both Sobek and Bast in his hands and demanded the money. Suna, who was out in the desert to find the Sandshark that he missed so much, returned home with a weary heart, since the his great beast of a friend did not show up. He witnessed the group of the Phoenix King's men break and enter his old home and tie Bast in metal chains so she could not bend. In the nick of time, Suna arrived and bent the sand around the enforcers, trapping them in the sand and freeing his mother. Ghashiun, who was obsessed with getting the bounty, attacked Suna and exclaimed his hatred for his former friend. Ghashiun was embittered by Suna's departure, his mother, Yulduz's death, and his family's financial problems - the factors why Ghashiun turned to thievery. Suna and Ghashiun battled each other while Bast fought the Phoenix King's men. His mother, who was then old and grey, still had her skills but could not hold her own against the battalion of benders that thrashed her with everything they had. It was a flurry of elements - one that she was overwhelmed by. With her body broken and battered, the men dragged her dying body and ran off with their Komodo Rhinos. Suna, who was too caught up in his emotions, was buried in Ghashiun's sand as he failed to rescue his mother from the wicked forces of the Phoenix King - throwing the bounty in a bag of cloth for Ghashiun to get. In a fit of thoughtless rage, Suna escaped his prison of sand with his own bending. It was then that Suna and Ghashiun fought for the last time. Sha-Mo and Haruki arrived in the Misty Palms Oasis at the exact time when Suna fatally struck Ghashiun down, proving once and for all who the greater Sandbender is. The sight of this broke their hearts and, no matter how Suna tried to tell them of Ghashiun's treachery, they did not listen. Ghashiun's final words were that of anger towards Suna, telling his father that Suna attacked him in cold-blood because he had a father, and Suna didn't. Sha-Mo and Haruki believed Ghashiun almost immediately, and exiled Suna, telling him that if he ever shows his face in the Si Wong Desert again, they will surely kill him.

Suna ventured out into the Si Wong Desert once more to be greeted by his Sandshark friend. They exchanged looks before turning away from each other. Driven by hatred for the Phoenix King and sorrowful longing for his home in the Si Wong Desert, Suna found himself lost in the thickness of the woods that, unbeknownst to Suna, housed a group of Jet's Freedom Fighters. Upon seeing Suna stumble to and fro, possibly due to hunger and lack of rest, the merry men scaled down and engaged the Sandbender in battle. The Freedom Fighters were adept at their respective fighting arts, but it was through sheer cooperation and chemistry were they able to overwhelm the former Earth Rumble Champion. Though Suna put up a fight, his exhaustion had eventually taken a toll on him and was thusly captured.

After a day, Suna found himself bound and interrogated by one of Jet's emissaries, Smellerbee. It was during this interrogation did she find out about Suna, his story, and most importantly, his drive and anger towards the Phoenix Kingdom. Because of this newfound knowledge, Smellerbee eagerly invited Suna within their ranks, knowing full well he and her leader Jet could use a man like the Sandbender. Through these roughhousers Suna's non-bending skills were tested. He remembered the martial arts his father taught him, and he learned how to incorporate his blows and kicks needed for Sandbending into mere hand-to-hand fighting. He was even taught in the ways of various weapons such as, swords and axes. His favorite weapon and most difficult to learn, however, was the bow and arrow, taught to him by Longshot, who handled archery training sessions as well as went on various missions. Smellerbee and Suna began training with her faction of the Freedom Fighters for about two or three weeks before he met their charismatic leader, Jet.

Suna was also amazed when, after weeks of being with Jet and his people, he discovered that many Sandbender Tribes shared Jet's goal of bringing the oppressive Kingdom down. However, Sha-Mo's Tribe was one of the many that chose peace over war, which meant that Haruki would be gone from his life, forever. This troubled him greatly, but it was because of countless nights dining and training with Jet and listening to his philosophies did he accept that love was not an issue, because they were fighting for something far greater than themselves.

One thing about Suna that Jet admired was his drive - Suna was not the strongest Earthbender, nor was he the best fighter. Suna was built for speed and cunning, rather than power. However, Suna had the potential to be a great leader and combatant, especially if rage was added into the concoction. Because when it came to one-on-one, unarmed, no bending combat, Suna could overpower Jet, especially if he was reminded of his past. As stated earlier, Suna spent a lot of time brawling. Jet wished for his new friend to focus the anger, for it was a deadly force for both Suna and his enemies. But, but focusing the unvented anger and bitterness of life towards a single target, Suna could become just what the Rising was looking for. That is why Jet referred another Earthbender named Dhune to mentor the Sandbender, as his calm exterior and collectedness could rival Suna's temper, which was as short as a Firebender's. The duo trained as well, but unlike Suna's past experiences in the field, Dhune taught him more on how to open his mental and spiritual side. Suna attempted to fast, much like how Dhune fasted, but was not as able bodied and strong willed in fasting as his fellow Earthbending compatriot. By age 24, Suna's state of mind and heart was far better than it was when he left the Si Wong Desert, though his temper and overconfidence was still sort of a problem. In the eyes of Jet and Dhune, Suna could become a leader. His skills in leadership only needed to be polished. Dhune, who was himself an Earthbender, took note of Suna's strange but nonetheless effective style of stealth and speed based bending, and remarked Suna's ability to break rocks and earth apart. Dhune challenged Suna to hone this talent more and, after about a month, Suna was able to master the art of Earth Disintegration.

Currently, Suna is a part of their cause as a thief, weapons and contraband dealer, information and arms broker, con artist, and covert operationalist who, along with Dhune and two other compatriots, pick the Phoenix King's forces in the cover of the mist as assassins, interrogators, and even saviors.
Miscellaneous:
Suna's Sandbending, though skilled and unorthodox, can be easily disrupted by extreme heat or flames. He is weak against skilled Firebenders, as sand can be easily turned to glass and thus, unbendable. His counter for this is normal Earthbending. Waterbenders also weaken his Sandbending abilities, as wet sand becomes soft and virtually useless when he intends to create weapons of compacted sandstone. He can still, however, use wet sand to some degree and efficiency. Finally, it is futile for the Sandbender to use his Sandswimming/Earthswimming technique when battling an Earthbender with the ability of Seismic Sense, seeing as they can see Suna's position right away. Airbenders can also disperse his sand, but Suna's control over sand and little earthen materials is proficient enough to withstand the influence of air currents.

Against traditional Earthbenders, Suna's Earth Disintegration can destroy rock and earth instantaneously.

Suna stands at 5'9" and weighs 134 lbs. He is slender albeit with a toned physique. He sports a black Freedom Fighter outfit and light armor (shoulder and knee pads), Sandbender bandaged gloves, and a scarf made of Sandbender cloth. He carries his father's earth-handle knives for show, but isn't skilled in them. He usually uses them to peel fruit and vegetables and carve wooden images.

He has standard green Earthbender eyes. His skin is pale despite his life in the Si Wong Desert.

Last edited by a moderator:
Announcement

As many of you have probably seen, the Third Group has finally been entered into the roleplay... after two solid reconstructions, the integration of a new Creative Advocate and two completely different characters. While it was a little stressful, the group has a great dynamic and it was easily worth it! Azis and Aleksandar are still working on the groups after these, and I'm anticipating them just as much! So, everyone, although they've been around a while anyway, go ahead and formally say hello to @Damien Kriez @Winter @Lilly -- the newest roleplayers to be introduced to the Legend Reborn!

On a sidenote, I will be busy this weekend. With that said, my last post for Group Three can be replied to twice as it takes place over a longer period of time. So, you may go two full post rotations to avoid me holding anyone up, and if that condition is met, I'll return for a reply. We should be wrapping up with Group One and their new wardrobe, then heading out to the Oasis they started in.

Announcement
I have divided the Updates and Character Section of the OP from the content portion of it. As those pieces of dynamic information are the only ones consistently updated at this time, I felt it paramount they be moved. As of late, for whatever reason, editing the OP results in broken tag brackets, copied fieldset brackets and the random generation of broken italics tags. I have no clue why this happens; I have failed to isolate the cause and even attempted to reformat the whole OP in raw text, resulting in failure. Ultimately, the new character roster and updates post were completely rewrote by me in raw BBCode to avoid any conflicts. To do this, I had to turn all characters into raw text before copy and pasting their BBcode contents (I obviously wasn't going to write out every character sheet). Until I learn why the BBcode was breaking, I will not be amending the character sheets with any coding beyond image centering. A list of conflicts I was having:

-Image urls within image codes becoming broken, clickable links
-Generation of copied brackets, primarily fieldset brackets within tags that broke tags
-Random text coloring (oddly enough, colors I didn't even use from the palette)
-Random generation of italics brackets - sometimes in complete - and often in the middle of coding in such a way it caused it not to parse correctly
-Random left and center brackets​

I'm not for sure what caused these errors, but they made a 5 minute coding job into a two-hour endeavor. For these reasons, I split the OP in hopes that a significantly lesser amount of coding originally generating in pure BBCode without the Rich Text Editor will avoid these problems in the future. I know these seem like minor issues, but it is my stern belief that what we have should be perfected before we expand, and with the coding consisting breaking, I felt this detour was long-needed. Now that I have amended it, I will return to focusing on group work. If anyone has any suggestions, input or advice - or maybe you have an expert on Iwaku Coding beyond my normal mastery of BBCode - shoot me a PM. This was beyond frustrating as I poured ample effort into the OP and I saw it destroyed a dozen ways before reaching the state it is now. It was not as simple as cut and paste; every minor edit resulted in these errors, and a lot of actual editions had to be done in Microsoft Word to avoid unneeded edits.

So, I reiterate: the Character Roster and Roleplay Status portion of the OP are now found in the #3 post of the thread. The character roster contains, for the most part, bland character sheets without fancier editing. I know some of you, such as @Fluffy , @Cerulean , @Damien Kriez and @Valhalla put significant amounts of effort into their extra coding. I do apologize for the inconvenience in losing it during translation, but to avoid coding errors until I know why they are caused, I believe it is a necessity.​

Thank you for your time,
Prince

Reactions: Cerulean
;_;​

D12E4.gif

Reactions: Valhalla
It's no problem, Prince. Stuff happens. The prettier versions still exist in our posts. :]

Also, I will hopefully post tomorrow or the day after. I've been incredibly ill, so writing has been impossible. Doesn't help that my toddler is sick as well.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I won't be around from today until the 24th. If you need to progress, then I allow puppeteering Yoshino by the team leader, being @Fluffy.

See you all in a week and a half!

• Thank You
Reactions: Fluffy
I want to apologize for my delay, and my lack of attendance with my group. Family business as well as work has kept me busy this week, but if it's not too late, I'll have a post up later today. Sorry again. :(

I am once again present and will post once more as soon as I'm done arranging the last couple of things that I need to attend to.

Reactions: Fluffy
I'm very interested in this I was wondering if the roleplay is still open. If it is I was also wondering if you would alow me to be a "vine/plant bender."

@Taco Mako Yes, but getting to be part of a group requires a whole new group.

@My Group: It's a bit short, I know, but I've been working overtime recently. I'm drained, and fluffing up a post that basically is just a transition to combat wasn't in my list of priorities.

So. Due to some RL issues, and my son being sick yet again, expect me to be difficult to get a hold of. Shouldn't last for more than a week, hopefully. I'll check in wherever possible, but RPing does not come easily when I'm stressed and exhausted. lol

Announcement

It has been brought to my attention that my confined schedule, alongside the increasing responsibilities and conflicts arising with both scholastic and day-to-day difficulties of other players, are becoming problematic for posting. Firstly, I want to sincerely apologize for this. Second, I want to simply inform everyone that it will pass. I have been in many long-standing roleplays. The difference between the survivors and those that enter the graveyard is as simple as acknowledging the problem. There is no quick-fix to this. I will restructure what I can and the roleplay will simply stand through the storm until it passes. We will be survivors, even if that means doing little to nothing for a short period. This brings me to my last point. I'm lifting all posting schedules until further notice. I will not hound or harass anyone to post. I understand life does get in the way, but a funny thing about life is that somehow, someway, it always returns to normal. Even if normal changes slightly. I believe what we have all came to create here will survive a dry spell, and when summer comes, I life will not only surge back, but I will begin recruiting again. In summation, things have slowed down, but I am ready for this. We are ready for this.​

Well, in that case...

and-this-is-jackass_c_1620239.jpg

Reactions: Valhalla