Atlantis: Age of the Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desmond Giles

Desmond watched at the muscle head Duke smashed the door with no avail until he jumped back. It was then that Desmond saw the purple glow on Duke's hand. From there, everything happened. The sister sibling Alexandra started to glow at her legs. Bianca's hand was now covered with rocks. Aria created a strong gust around her. Achera legs sparked with electricity as the lights went out. Severin blasted himself with ice. As for Ariana, she sent basketball sized water orbs out randomly as Desmond ducked under it.

"Interesting. So emotions act as a trigger to the ability. But why did we have to be injected with all of the now deceased guardian's blood? Wouldn't a vial be more then enough?" Desmond asked looking at Phineas who was looking at Coral pinning Duke down.

Desmond decided to wing it as he fixed his mind on a wide range of emotions. A handy skill of acting that taught him to be prepared to react convincingly. As soon as he left the emotions run while, all metal surfaces bubbled as swords shot out from them blade first, embedding themselves around Desmond. He took the time to note that the swords were plain, standard swords. The result of his mind running through many emotions at once.

'So does the appearance vary on the emotion used?' Desmond thought as he tried again. This time with anger on his mind.

The results were instant as the swords in front of him reshaped into a two handed sword. Although the design looked more cruel looking then anything else.

"Very interesting." Desmond muttered out loud before a random thought ran through his mind.

"Say Phineas? Who and what is she? It is nearly impossible for a girl her size to pin down a man of Mr. Duke's stature." Desmond asked pointing right to Coral.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ≈Evërlastiπg≈
Duke was a bit shocked when Coral hemmed him up against the wall. For a tiny chick, she had a massive amount of strength. It was enough to give him pause and actually he felt his rage receding. Duke was about to give up on his pursuit of Phineas when he and Coral were blasted into the wall by a huge ball of water. Duke's head hit the window behind him and he fell on top of Coral who had been shoved into his chest. He shook his head and looked down blinking the water from his eyelashes. His eyes went wide with the sight they beheld. Coral was wide-eyed and tears ran down her face which was frozen in a silent scream. Her chest and throat were being eaten by the corrosive material which covered his hands. The shove from the water must have caused the contact. Duke looked to his hands which were back to normal and quickly got to his feet. He knelt down and lifted Coral up as if she were a beloved toy or a puppy and ran towards Alexandra. He could see the light beginning to move around her body and had remembered that she was supposed to be a healer.

Duke made it about half-way to her when a strong gust of wind knocked him over on his side. He twisted his body mid-fall so that Coral would land on top of him. He sat up and popped back to his feet, his sneakers squeaking against the floor with his movements. He saw Aria fall from several feet above the ground. It had been her windstorm; an attempt at flying, that had knocked him over. He didn't think on her abilities long and went back to trying to help Coral. Duke heard Bianca shouting various things and she seemed excited but he could not pay attention. He looked down and could see the acid peeling back skin and muscle exposing veins and tendons on Coral's neck, chest and shoulders. The color from the blue-haired girl's face was draining rapidly as the corrosion began to claim her jaw. Duke took several large bounds and was almost to the Asian girl when the lights went out. He made a jump stop and closed his eyes for three seconds. When he opened them, he could see plainly the outline of Ms. Park.

"Alexis, Alex, whatever your name is…Coral needs help!" Duke made cautious but quick steps to close the remaining distance. Out of the corner of his eye he saw lightning dancing around Achera. He heard the sound of metal crashing and cutting into the floor but he could not see what Desmond was doing. He set Coral down and looked towards the white light only a foot away from him. "It was an accident. Can you help her?" He looked around and strained his eyes against the black for Phineas. He took Coral's hand in his and supported her head with the other. He had never harmed anyone who didn't deserve it and this tiny person did not do anything to incur such a torment. Duke's face tightened as more of Coral's being disintegrated. It was only the second time in his life that he had ever felt helpless. He quietly whispered "I'm so sorry."

• Love
Reactions: Pyralithia
"Yes Mr. Park because if Coral had shown up on your doorstep and explained all of that you all would have willingly went with her?" Phineas shook his head. He had expected that the guardians might be confused at first but now it was getting out of control. He walked calmly over to the wall and hit a button on a control panel and the lights came back on. "The old guardians had to give up their blood so that it would mix with yours, we are talking about elemental powers Mr. Giles.. That takes a lot more then a simple vial." Watching the chaos erupt he shook his head again. "Yes, your powers, as you are realizing are controlled by your emotions. We will need to work on this an-" He was cut off by Ariana's water balls pushing Duke and Coral into the fall. It all happened so fast but looked as if it happened in slow motion. Phineas reacted quickly and slammed his hand onto a red button. "ICU RESPOND NOW, CASE OF POSION" His voice rang out the command and within seconds a team of odd looking people dressed in all white with red crosses on their shirts ran in. They looked over Coral before they took her from Duke's arms and rushed out of the room. Phineas sighed and put his head in his hands. Breath Phineas.. this is all part of the job.. He regained his composure and stiffened as he walked over to the guardians. He rested his hand on Duke's shoulder. "Duke.. It's okay, Coral will be okay.. she's in shock right now but we are very far advanced in medicine.. you'll see she will be okay." He said to the young man. "Now, if you will all follow me.. There are some.. things.. that are waiting to meet you." Phineas turned on his heels and walked over to a door marked Danger STAY OUT. He unlocked the door with a key card and the double doors swung open.

As the guardians would discover the hallway led to an even larger room where their dragons lay sleeping. Each dragon was sleeping, with a paper placed in front of it that read the element that the dragon was. "Please, find your element and place your hand on the dragons forehead to awaken it. These are your dragons, NOT to be confused with your "Pets" They are your equals and your partners, each with a very distinct personality. But like I said earlier, they will be the difference between life and death, and a huge part of your powers training. Which leads me to the next part. This is the wing you will be staying in. Where we are standing now is called the Dragon room, here your dragons will train, sleep, eat, and live. It has a loading dock so when we practice flying we may get to the air easily. As you can tell they are huge which makes it harder for them to maneuver though Atlantis. They have been asleep for awhile now, they know that you are their new guardians but remember they were very attracted to their old guardians, this will be hard on them for a couple days." Phineas cleared his throat and began again. "I understand this is a lot of information all at once. So I will give you an hour to start a bond with your dragon and get to know each other before we begin powers practice, please try to keep your emotions under control until I get back. If you are curious as to the other doors well, the one to the right is the bedroom for our female guardians and the door on the left is the one for the gentleman guardians. The one directly behind me is a stabilized training room. We will have powers practice there. Remember place your outstretched hand on your dragons forehead to awaken it." With that Phineas turned and walked though the middle door, the powers practice room, and left.

Ariana watched in horror as her water balls pushed Coral and Duke into each other, resulting in Duke's poison hands to wrap around the pale girls neck. She gasped and covered her mouth. Did I do that.. She thought as she watched the doctor people rush in and remove the girl. She looked at the girls tear strained face as the look of shock had yet to leave her face. She turned to the others. It seemed that the mood had gone from confused to angry to happy to.. fearful. The others were all trying out their powers and Ari would've been impressed if not for the guilt that hung heavy around her. Watching as Phineas talked to Duke, reassuring him that she would be okay, Ari felt a bit better. This guy obviously knew what he was talking about.. right? Suddenly he mentioned that something was waiting to meet them.. Was that the dragon thing he had mentioned earlier? The doors "Whooshed" opened to allow the 10 guardians to follow the man. "Great.. more rooms.." She said as she took a look at the others before running after Phineas. As she walked into the giant room her breath caught in her throat. The room had to be the size of New York. The ceiling couldn't even be seen clearly. The thing that shocked Ariana though, was the 10 giant sleeping beasts that snorted as they breathed in and out. Their heavy wings curled onto their backs and lifted with every breath. Each one with a corresponding element. Phineas explained that he was leaving for an hour, so that they could bond.. with each other an their dragons.. Whatever that meant. And then the scum bag just left. She sighed dramatically. "So much help.." She muttered as she looked at each dragon. She noticed a muti-colored blue dragon, figuring that was her best bet, she walked over. Sure enough, the words ::Darmith:: Water Element Dragon:: Wing Span:: 400 feet ::Height:: 300 feet ::Weight:: 12,000 lbs.:: were printed neatly on the paper in front of the sleeping beast. With a deep breath in, she held her breath as she reached her shaking arm out to place her outstretched hand on the dragons forehead. As her hand made contact, it glowed a soft blue light and then a massive eyelid opened. Ariana's body shook in fear as the massive dragon's eyes both slowly opened. She drew her hand back quickly as it lifted its giant head up and inspected his new guardian. "Woah.." She managed to breath out. His head reached down to see her and Ari froze. "H-Hi there boy.." She stuttered out. "You don't have to be scared guardian.. I will protect you" She heard in her mind and she flailed as she looked around for Phineas. The dragon chuckled in her mind as she slowly turned around and pointed at it. "Y-you can talk?" She asked him. "Only to you though your mind, we have a connection now, one that is formed though the water element, of which we both share." Ariana nodded, it made sense.. sorta. Well nothing here made much sense. Ari looked over her new dragon as she said "My name's Ariana, but most people just call me Ari." Darmith nodded his huge head. "I am Darmith, People call me "AHHH DRAGONNNN" or "HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHAT IS THAT THING" But uh you can call me Darmith" Ari was giggling as her dragon made a joke, she realized she must've looked bat shit crazy as she was giggling randomly. "Hey I got the funny dragon." she said with a smile. "But I'm gonna call you Dar, okay?" she said more then she asked. The dragon simply rolled his eyes and told her. "If you must" She had enough courage to walk up to her dragon and start petting his forehead. When she touched him a small blue light started to glow again. "Does this always happen?" She asked and Darmith nodded. "Well not Always but usually, it's just our elements colliding together.." She thought it was kinda cool as the light traveled where ever her hand went. She continued to pet Darmith as she talked to him. "So can I call you Dar Dar?" She asked him. His eyes widened as she said that and he looked over at the other dragons, hoping they didn't hear that. "No no!" Ari heard and it echoed though her mind. "Pllleeeasssseee?" She asked her new friend and after a couple minutes of "PLLLEEEAASSEEE" Darmith finally gave in. "Okay Alright, you can call me.. Dar Dar.. BUT only you. Got it?" Ari smiled, pleased with herself, as she scratched behind Darmith's ear. "Got it"

The shock of witnessing someone get viciously injured by another someone who was very near, sort of creepy with a hint of terrifying acid powers, brought Bianca down from her 'awe' high, in a matter of seconds. Her rock arm that she had been happily and excitedly waving in just about everyone's face had disappeared leaving her lame regular one. She tried to bring it back into a full body shield just in case 'stitch the human' started launching acid balls ever which way, but all she had gotten were a few pebbles. So apparently her powers couldn't and didn't work correctly if she was frightened. Nice.

However, when they entered the room The Dragon Room, her earlier excitement restarted and when Phineas finished speaking, Bianca rushed over to a gigantic scaly stone with large rocks floating on both sides of it. Well at least that's what it looked like until she got closer and realized that the stone had a face and the floating rocks seemed to be it's wings. After marveling at the beast for some time, she picked up the paper resting in front of the stone dragon, and read what was written under her breath. "Hallvaror, Rock Element Dragon, wing span 393, height 210, weight 13,000 lbs. Kinda chunky." She commented, before pressing her hand against the dragon--Hallvaror's forehead. Well...She tried. The thing was huge, even though it was sleeping! She had to give herself a bit of height boost in order to reach his forehead, so she went around to his side and scrambled onto his back. Inching forward slowly, she leaned forward above his head and slipped. With a surprised scream she put her hand out, and slammed it against Hallvaror's forehead. Except the sudden shock and rush of adrenaline had triggered her powers, so her gauntlet had returned and abruptly bashed the dragon in his face.

Hallvaror's eye's shot open and he reared his head, sending Bianca flying. At the sound of her second startled scream, the dragon whirled around his tail whipping up dust, and before Bianca could hit the ground, the dragon stretched forward and caught her with his head.

"Whoa, dude." The teen gasped, as she slid down from the dragon's snout. "Thanks."

The large dragon stared at her, then at the crumpled paper that she held in her hand. His gaze returned to her face and he grunted, before lumbering back to his sleeping spot. After regaining her bearings, Bianca sauntered after him, stopping when she was about three inches away from the tip of his snout.

"Sorry about, you know. Nailing you in the face." She said, giving a 'well what can ya do?' shrug. The dragon grunted.

"Um...Well, my name's Bianca, the new rock elemental guardian," She was answered with another grunt. The only reason she wasn't getting pissed at the lack of response was because of that fact that she was talking to a dragon. But soon that effect would wear off. Could she at least get a roar or something? "and you're Hallvaror! Nice to meet you!"

Grunt.

Earth, green
Birch held stony expression through the events that happened in front of him, it seemed everyone was discovering their new powers in their own way. Some a little more violent then others....The only thing that got a reaction out of him was when he was Coral's shocked and painfilled face as Duke's acid ate on her before she was whisked away by what the looked like Atlantean EMT's. The sight of that tear filled face brought piercing pain through his heart, for a few moments a deep sorrow could be seen in his emerald eyes frowning 'I wont let that happen again...' Getting ahold of himself his expression goes back to nearly blank. Following the rest of the crowd as they follow Phineas into the "dragons den" as Birch thought of it as, he stayed towards the back of the group kind of away from the others as he looks around at the gargantuan dragons sleeping away in the much too large room.

'Touch their foreheads to awaken them huh? Easy enough....not' Those were Birch's thoughts as he found his dragon who was a mesmerizing mixture of different shades of green....but also HUGE. How the hell was he suppose to touch...Looking at the paper infront of the dragon "Vios, Earth Element Dragon. Wing Span - 880ft, Height - 665ft, Weight - 11,047 lbs. Whew, big girl arent ya?" He commented in astonishment, it wasnt a insult but more like a compliment. Taking a deep breath he walks up to the side of Vios's snout, reaching up on his tippy toes he manages to touch her forehead, a hunter green glow appears between his hand and her forehead before one golden eye opens to peer at him. Giving a sheepish grin he stumbles back a bit as Vios raises her large head to look at-or rather into him it felt like. 'So this is my dragon huh? I think I like her....so far' Rubbing the back of his neck he stares into her glowing golden eyes "Umm, hello Vios. I'm the new Earth Elemental Guardian, I hope we can get along and eventually become friends." He says softly, his tone sincere and strong

Electric, blue
When the lights flicked back on Achera blinked at the horrifying seen in front of her 'Oh shit...Talk about bad time for a power surge Ash, you big dumby!' sighing heavily she hits her forehead with her palm the electricity vanishing from her legs. Ash only half listened to what Phineas was saying, numbly following the group into the dragon room. 'I hope Coral is okay....' only the sight of the beautiful, though scary, dragons snapped her out of her funk. Her bright eyes widen in shock at the beauty let alone the size of the beasts in front of her. 'One of these dragons is mine? It felt too amazing to be real, was she dreaming??' Turning to the person beside her-Duke she thought was his name, the one that accidentally poisoned the girl. [/COLOR"Am I the only one that thinks this is some kind of drugged induced dream? I knew I shouldnt of eaten those brownies before bed..." The last part she half mumbles, looking back to the dragons she walks past a few reading the papers. 'Poison....Metal....Light....Electric!' Stopping in front of a dark teal dragon that was a little smaller than the others but not the smallest in the room she smiles, funny enough it was next to the water one that the blonde girl had already awaken. 'Yikes thats a big fella' leaning down she reads over her paper. 'Lets see...' "Lunaric, Electric Element Dragon. Wing Span - 485, Height - 366, Weight - 8,678 lbs. Hmm you look like the perfect fit for me big guy, lets see how you are awake then shall we?" She says softly mostly to herself.

Walking up to Lunaric's snout she soon finds out it wont be easy as she thought, she couldnt reach his forehead from here. 'Great....' walking to his side she jumps up catching his horn on the right side of his head, pulling herself up a bit clumsily she reaches up quickly touching the center of Lu's forehead. A small circle of electricity forms underneath her palm crackling softly before a light grey eye-almost white snaps open. A rumble starts in his chest which could be felt even on the floor beneath him as he lifts his head. Unfortunately the sudden motion caused her grip to slip on his horn, falling through the air Ash waves her arms frantically trying to find some kind of hold to stop her descent. Seeming to notice her for the first time Lu holds his hand-claw out catching her just before she hit the floor. With a huff she blinks up at her dragon, the scales that had just been dark teal before now had glowing white runes spread over them in various areas, the runes almost looked alive. 'Wow....' Swallowing hard she gives the intimidating dragon a smile
"Hi, I'm the new Electric Elemental Guardian. Ummm....Would you mind putting me down Lunaric?" Peering at her curiously he seemed to understand as he slowly set her down on the ground with surprising gentleness. Thankful to be back on her feet she lets out a relieved sigh

Desmond Giles

==WIP==
==Will update as soon as Elyasi post==

Desmond shifted his gaze over to Phineas who suddenly started issuing commands. Desmond then looked over to Duke and Coral and found the reason for the commands. Apparently, a water ball slammed into the pair and somehow Coral was hit by Duke's hand.

"ICU RESPOND NOW, CASE OF POSION"

Desmond watched as Coral was hauled away before Phineas muttered that they were going to meet the dragons. He also mentioned their living quarters as Desmond decided to ask something.

"Say, where is the hospital quarters? I'm just curious where it is located in case some of us wants to visit the place in the near future." Desmond asked keeping an eye on Duke as he walked over to a dragon.

Phineas mentioned something about one hour to bond with their dragons before he left as Desmond sighed. Looking around, Desmond saw Ariana, Birch and Achera walk up to their dragons and started speaking to them. Desmond took the time to view the structure around them as he made his way to his dragon, sticking his hands into his trench coat pocket.

"This place is huge. How advance is their technology? If I can bring some of this stuff back to the major universities, it would advance our technological timetables by at least 1000 years." Desmond muttered as he stopped in front of one dragon.

He took the time to find out the name that was on a sheet of paper in front of the dragon. After all, he was a Metal Elementalist. The bright grey dragon in front of him was pretty much metal and energy for all intent and purpose. It didn't take a rocket scientist to say that Desmond found his dragon.

Mithrandir
Female
::Wing Span:: 375
::Height::190
::Weight:: 11,000 lbs

"Mithrandir eh?" Desmond muttered as he placed a hand on the dragon.

The dragon opened one of it's eyelid as it looked at Desmond.

"Hello there Sleeping Beauty. Rise and shine as they say." Desmond called out to the dragon as Mithrandir shuffled and stood up. A motion that was accompanied with various sounds of metal crashing to each other.

'Not the most subtle dragon. Or a quiet one.' Desmond thought.

'What do you think? I'm a metal dragon. Of course I'm not going to be quiet when I'm moving around.'

"Who said that?" Desmond stated loudly looking around.

'Me. For someone who's smart, you are pretty naive at times.' Mithrandir stated looking at Desmond now.

"Point taken. So how about we go for a test drive?" Desmond asked not aware of his own words.

Mithrandir lowered her head at Desmond and roared right in his face as from her, three metal balls shot at Desmond.

Desmond plugged his ears and saw the balls shoot right towards him as he fell backward, watching as the metal balls slammed right into the wall behind him.

'I am not a car that you humans drive around.' Mithrandir stated looking at Desmond again, this time taking a look at his attire.

'Don't tell me you go out like that?' Mithrandir stated.

"Of course not. I was on a set acting and never got the chance to change before the Alantians took me." Desmond muttered as he got up.

Mithrandir heard the word acting and decided to ask a question.

'Are you an actor?'

Desmond nodded.

Mithrandir made a rumbling sound that Desmond interpreted as laughter.

'So what do you do on the set? Is the make up trailer what it really means? Which show are you acting for?' Mithrandir asked as Desmond rubbed his forehead.

"I had to get the fan-dragon." Desmond muttered.

'I heard that. I am Mithrandir. What is your name?' Mithrandir asked.

"Desmond Giles."

Duke was starting to reach his tipping point. Hung over and weak, tired and hungry; Duke felt himself heading towards a crash. His face was a bit pale and his eyes had a few dark rings coming into view beneath them. He watched the response team cart Coral away and he sighed. He looked at the hand on his shoulder and recognized it as belonging to Phineas. The man's words rang hollow through the young man's head. As the guardians all filed out of the room, Duke mechanically fell into step. He'd spent some time in institutions for various crimes and so follow the leader was something he was used to and could ghost through with very little effort.

Once they entered the hall where the dragons were being kept, a bit of life sprung back into Duke. All shapes, colors and sizes of dragons rested peacefully in a line. Some were long and slender…like three football fields long, while others were no large than a small semi-truck. Some of the dragons were very heavy set. One in particular caught Duke's attention. He was sleeping with his claws under his head and had arms bigger than half of the other dragons' bodies. The purple and ash colored scales seemed to flash and glow. Duke started towards this beast when the dark-haired girl with the nice figure said something as she walked next to him.

"Am I the only one that thinks this is some kind of drugged induced dream?

Duke blinked. She didn't seem the type for drugs but it brought a full smile to his face. "I sure hope not, pretty eyes." He gave her a quick up down with his dark eyes pausing for a moment on her hips. "If you an'em pants are something my imagination cooked up to tease me, I might have to stab my brain with a q-tip." He held her gaze for a second and then moved on to get a closer look at the dragon. The one that caught his eye earlier was actually his! How cool is that?! Or was it more than a coincidence? Duke read over a paper that was posted some twenty feet in front of the dragon's head:
::Dragon Name:: Limba lui Diavolul
::Gender:: Male
::Element:: Poison
::Wing Span:: 450 ft.
::Height:: 180 ft.
::Weight:: 14400 lbs.

Duke was amazed at how massive this beast was. There were dragons three times longer that didn't weigh as much [he had glimpsed the other sheets as he walked to this creature]. However, when one studied the composition and build of Limba, it was easy to see that his weight was evenly distributed along his powerful looking form. Duke cocked his head to the side to try and match the angle of the sleep dragon's face. Phineas had said touch the forehead to awaken the dragon. Duke's thoughts were interrupted by the crashing of three balls shot out of a dragon's mouth; the metal one by where the professor was standing.

Duke was a bit shaky anyway just from the condition he was in but when you add being next to something so terrifying, the effects were noticeable. He took a few steps to what looked like the forehead [or at least the space between the creature's eyes. Duke could not reach from where he was sitting. Limba had a very broad skull. He took a step back and then another. Duke did a two bound leap and tapped the middle of the skull. A flash of purple blinded him and Duke fell awkwardly back to the ground. He landed on his feet but ended up in a crouch next to a claw that was about twice as big as he was. Duke stood up expecting to see the great beast come to life. He had heard the other guardians and dragons so why wasn't this one moving. A soft, quick scratch noise caught Duke's attention. He turned at the last second to see the claw next to him flick forward. It caught Duke in his abdomen, folded him in half and sent him flying.

Duke sailed through the air with a yell. "Sooon of aaaa biiit-oof!!" Duke hit the far wall of the chamber about twelve feet off the ground and crashed down to the floor in a heap. He did not move for some time. His stomach felt like he had just got hit by a speeding car and the rest of him felt like the time he got jumped by seven guys and the shit stomped out of him. He groaned softly and started the process of checking himself by moving one muscle, one joint, one limb at a time. After about two minutes, Duke was finally able to roll over onto his back. He was breathing in very shallow breaths and bleeding from the back of his head[as evidence from the blood that had run past his ear while he was face down], both elbows, both hands and a rather nasty gash on his back right calf. "Asshole." Duke coughed and rolled onto his side. He was dizzy and now very hungry. He smacked his palm against the ground hearing the sound echo through the massive room. He looked down and saw, to his surprise and delight, a cigarette! "Thank you, Jesus!" He picked it up and stuck it between his lips. He fished through his pockets and found his black Bic lighter. He struck the wheel but it didn't light. Duke furrowed his brow. That ball of water must've got the flint wet. Bics are known for their high quality so Duke struck the wheel about ten more times before the flame exploded from the tin top. He brought the fire to the Newport [menthol] and inhaled deeply. He closed his eyes and reeled in the sweet sensation that soared through his body. "Nothing like that nicotine green!" He commented to himself.

Duke took a second or third or fourth wind from the smoke and got up to his feet. He leaned against the wall for a few moments to regain his stability and walked slowly and a bit gingerly back towards the dickhead dragon. Staying out of the sleeping dragon's reach, Duke puffed away on his cancer stick. "Hey asshole! Not cool, man. Now get yo' ass up and let's go wreck some shit." Duke took another hit of his cigarette. Nothing happened. Duke shook his head and looked around to the other guardians. Some of their dragons were already protecting them and bonding with one another. Of course, he would get the defective one. I'm not defective, you miserable insect. I just don't like you. Duke blinked. He looked around. "Who said that?" Duke peered at the still sleeping dragon. I did. Just then, two sets of eyelids opened revealing four terribly creepy eyes of glowing purple. Duke took a step back and another hit of the 'Port. "You can talk?" Only to you in your pathetic little mind. Duke heard the dragon sigh. Such a shame you fill it with nonsense and dilute it with poisonous substances. My last guardian was a warrior of great renown and now I'm stuck with practically a retard in comparison. Duke's face flushed red. "Go fuck yourself, four eyes…" He paused not sure if that was an insult to a dragon that actually had four eyes. Suddenly, two large beads with long and deadly looking stingers crashed on either side of Duke. It was Limba's tail; he had a bifurcated tail with scorpion tips on each. Hold your tongue with me, boy, or I'll make you disappear. Defiant but terrified, Duke stood amidst the beast with a set jaw. He shook visibly as he took a final drag of his smoke.

"Good call, uh..Lim-ba. How about we start over? My name is Duke."

Aria rose from her chair, following the other guardians into the other room. She limped a little as she walked. Maybe she had twisted her ankle when she fell. Following behind at a slow pace, she noticed the final glimpse of Coral disappearing behind a door that seemed to appear out of nowhere from the metal wall. She felt bad, for Coral and Duke, the man who hit her. He must feel terrible right now. But he didn't mean it. He was angry, sure, but his powers were beyond his control at that moment.There was nothing he could have done.

Walking behind, she was one of the last to see the huge room filled with huge dragons, but she was in no way less impressed. The large dragons, varying in sizes and colors and shapes, filled the huge room, but there was still a large space in the middle of the floor where the others were walking around and trying to find their dragons. Looking around the room, she saw a smaller dragon of various shades of blue, and began walking towards it, almost as if in a trance. She crossed the floor quickly, ignoring the pain in her ankle, and examined the small slip of paper near the dragon. "Rafale, huh? You're kinda small, aren't you? I'm sure we're going to get along great." Aria spoke to the creature softly, looking him over as she put the paper in her pocket. He was definitely the smallest of the collection of dragons, and looked to be one of the youngest as well. What at first appeared to be a small row of scales along his back was actually a line of fine sky blue hairs, and the hard scales all over his body were various mottled shades of blue, from dark navy to ice blue. His large scaly head was resting on the floor in front of her, and his mouth was curved into a slight smile as he slept.

Aria reached out her hand slowly, placing her palm on the creature's forehead. One of Rafale's large eyes opened slowly, the blue orb staring at Aria as she stroked his head softly. She smiled at him and removed her hand, speaking slowly. "Hi there, Rafale. I'm Aria, your new guardian." The dragon opened his other eye, then sat up slowly and stretched his wings, showing off his impressive, though small, wingspan. He moved his head down to Aria's eye level, circling her slowly on his hind legs. It was then that she noticed his lack of forearms, and the claws at the end of his now tucked in wings and toes. She smiled wider watching him circle, and reached out again to touch his head.

Hello, Aria. You seem nice. I've decided I like you. Aria looked around startled at the voice. Finally, after realizing there was nobody near her, she looked back at Rafale. "Wait, you can communicate with me? How does that work? You obviously aren't talking out loud..." she trailed off when she heard a loud thump from the other side of the room. Looking around, she saw Duke slumped against the wall, his head bleeding. Before she could go to help him, he stood up and made his way back to his own dragon, a large, purple thing that looked a little bit ticked off. Reassured, she refocused on her own dragon. No, I don't talk out loud. I have a mind link with you. All of the dragons have one with their guardians. And you, being mine, have one with me. Rafale thought to her, standing up straighter to make himself look even larger. Aria laughed at him. "Well, you're playful, aren't you? I think I like you too, Rafale."

Earth, green
The massive green head circles around him checking him out her gold eyes curious but somehow ancient. Birch holds very still not wanting to spook a creature that could swallow him in one bite. Suddenly a feminine motherly voice sounds in his mind. "Hmm...Strong, but not arrogant, smart, but not quite wise, kind, but not weak, I have a very interesting guardian this time it seems. I hope we shall be friends as well child." The eery voice made him jump in place until he realized it was coming from Vios who was now right in front of him her snout only inches from him as she stares into his eyes. Blinking he racks his brain on what to say as he becomes mesmerized by her unique eyes, it was like a pond of gold that shimmered against the green landscape. A deep laugh echoes through his mind before a light snort comes from her snout whipping his hair back from his face slightly. "Well dont just stand there child, say something" His mouth opens to say something then shuts again before he finally gains enough control to say something.

"Can I touch you?" That seemed to make Vios smile though it was hard to tell as she nods her large head slightly. But before Birch could take a step a loud crash resounded through the room. Spinning around he saw Duke slammed against a ball with a few nasty injuries, his dragon that was next to his seemed to be the culprit as it basically glared at him. 'Yiesh, glad I didnt get spooky asshole over there." Suddenly he felt a bump on his head, frowning he looks up to see Vios standing up, her snout apparently what had bumped him as it rises into the air above him. "Watch your mouth Birch. But you are right, hes the nastiest dragon in here and my personal enemy. Well maybe enemy is a stretch....but Limba and I are not friends." She chides him before agreeing about the purple dragon that looked like it wasnt to eat Duke rather than be his companion. "Wait...you can read my mind?" He asks in surprise, Vios nods again before she looking over to Limba.

He could hear her words in his mind as she spoke to the poison dragon
"Already trying to kill your guardian Limba? Looks like somebody woke up with a thorn in his side....as usual." She says a bit sarcastically. Birch shakes his head deciding it was best to stay out of the way of 2 bickering dragons, he walks over to Duke standing a few ft to the side of him. Glancing over to the smoking man "Hey, you alright? You look pretty tore up" He asks in a offhand tone. Birch didnt fail to notice Vios had shifted her body a bit to put her more in the path between Limba and him. 'Guess I got the motherly one...'

Electric, blue
Smiling at her beautiful dragon Ash tries to ignore Duke's comment from a few minutes ago, he was a player and she knew better. Her thoughts were interrupted by sudden bursting masculine laughter her head. Frantically looking around she tries to find the source of the laugh but cant find anyone laughing. 'What the?'
Electric, blue
"Its me pipsqueak, the 8 ton dragon in front of you." A cocky voice rumbles through her mind, looking to Lunaric she blinks in surprise but smiles brighter. "You can talk? Thats awesome! Much easier than figuring out what "huff and grunt" means." She says cheerfully. Shaking his head his near white eyes seemed to be laughing at her "Yes I can communicate with you, but you only. Now lets get acquainted little guardian..."

Before she could respond his long tail whips around encircling her before picking her up high off the floor to come face to face with Lunaric at his full height. Gasping in surprise and her slight fear of heights she looks around placing her hands against the tail holding her praying it wouldnt drop her. "Relax Achera, I wont drop you....well as long as you dont urinate or throw up on me that is." A deep chuckle goes through her mind his tone was more sarcastic and playful then serious.

Her fear subsiding she made up her mind to trust her dragon, thats what this was all about wasnt it? Ash stares into his white eyes for a moment then suddenly pokes the tip of his snout which made him tilt his head slightly to the side.
"Ok I'll trust you Mr. Sarcastic. But if you drop me i'll come back from the dead just to haunt you with annoying pokes when you least suspect it, remember that." She says half teasing, shaking his head at her it looked like he was smiling.

But before Ash could enjoy the moment she was suddenly flying through the air, well not really flying since the tail was still holding her but she was still high and moving. Lunaric moves her to about a ft above his head before releasing her to land on top of his head. Eyes wide she plops onto his head right on her butt. With a huff she scowls down at Lunaric,
"Was that really necessary? A lil warning would be nice." She didnt stay peeved long though as she saw the view from hundreds of ft off the ground. It was incredible, especially since she wasnt inside some kind of protective glass or plastic.

Lunaric ignores her comment only giving her a light chuckle before slightly shaking his head jostling her and causing her to cling to his horn. She could tell he did it on purpose, determined to get him back she hesitantly leans down to peer into his large eye from above. Wagging her pointer finger in front of it
"I'll do it~"

Last edited:
Hearing and seeing people laughing and bonding with their dragons was starting to make Bianca really frustrated. Even stitch the human was getting some type of interaction with his dragon! But the damn pile of rocks in front of her wasn't saying or doing a damn thing! He was just staring at her. Unblinking and totally creepy. Bianca had tried to stare him down for a few minutes but that was pretty much impossible when your opponents eyes were as big as you. So in the end Bianca just huffed angrily and turned her back to the grumpy beast.

Her mood became even worse as she watched the brown haired, blue eyed girl who had pulled a 'pikachu' earlier, ride on top of her dragon. And not by accident like Bianca had--on purpose. Turning back to Hallvaror quickly, Bianca jabbed her finger into his face. The dragon glanced down at her finger then back at her. She used her other hand to point at Girl Pikachu and her dragon pal having a blast on the other side of the room. "That could be us but you're being a massive rocky asshole!" She yelled. Hallvaror seemed to roll his eyes and turned his head. Clenching her fists, and grinding her teeth together, Bianca resumed her earlier position of having her back to the dragon.

She stayed like that for quite awhile before being hit in the back of the head with a pebble. "Ow!" She exclaimed, looking up but seeing nothing by the smooth ceiling. Shaking it off as just a stray rock being kicked up, she resumed staring into thin air. Another pebble struck her back, not hard enough to hurt, but enough to annoy her. Whirling around, Bianca caught Hallvaror in the process of flicking another pebble at her. "Dude, what the hell?" She demanded, grabbing a pebble of her own and beaming him in the forehead. The small stone shattered and fell in pieces on the ground. The dragon snorted, something Bianca interpreted as laughter. Of course throwing a pebble at something literally made out of rocks wouldn't have an effect.

Rage boiled up in her veins, and Bianca found herself grabbing any rock that she could carry and launching them at the stupid pile of living sediment. Said living sediment began lobbing his own pebbles and the two soon found themselves in a heated rock ball fight.

"What the hell is your deal dude?!" The teenager screamed, throwing a clod of dirt. "You won't talk to me but you'll throw rocks at me? You know what kind of people do that? Assholes! You are an asshole extraordinaire! The king of--"

Before she could finish cussing him out, Hallvaror dropped his claw full of rocks and because she wasn't a total jerk, Bianca dropped her armful. They stared at each other for a bit before the dragon mouth split open in a horrifying grin. Bianca retreated a few steps because she wasn't sure if the beast was happy or just prepping to eat her.

When I first met him--My first partner--we had a fight like this, minus the gross amount of expletives. It was fun. I apologize for not speaking to you earlier. I had been planning to when I'd first heard about you, but then you awoke me by striking my face.

"Jesus Chr--I said I was sorry." The girl grumbled and then it occurred to her that they were talking. Well communicating at least. Hallvaror was talking in her head. But still! They were talking!

No you just said 'Sorry about, you know--

"Okay, okay! I'm sorry! Jesus, what are you a parrot?" Bianca grumbled and Hallvaror frowned.

No, I am a dragon, I thought you knew that. And please stop called me Jesus something or other, my name is Hallvaror.

"Huh? Wait no, that was-- those are express--" Bianca began spluttering but one look at the dragon's smirking face informed her that he was just messing around. Grinning wide, Bianca gave him an approving nod. "Nice dude. Nice."

Last edited:
Ariana watched with eager eyes as she scanned the room. The electric elemental and her dragon seemed to be doing well, as did Birch? Was that his name? And Aria, the air elemental, she was bonding quite well with her dragon too it seemed. Ariana's attention was drawn when three metal balls hit the wall next to her, and then she saw Mr. Smarty pants and his dragon.. they seemed to be doing well enough. Ari continued to scratch Darmith's ear, obviously they were off to a good start, unlike the poison elemental.. Duke, was that his name.. yes Duke and his dragon seemed to be off to a toxic start. Ari giggled at her pun and then looked over to Bianca as she turned her back to her dragon and he flung pebbles at her. "Well they seem to be off to a Rocky start.. get it?" She giggled as she poked Darmith. Her dragon rolled his eyes as he replied in her mind "Ha. Ha. Very funny". She giggled as Darmith nudged her onto his back. "Let's take a flight shall we?" Darmith asked as he streched out his massive wings.

Ariana adjusted herself and she felt her heart race as her dragon got onto his feet and slowly started to lift off the ground. His wings carrying them though the air. Ari watched the ground as it got farther and farther away. Soon they were in the air and flying. Ari couldn't believe it, she was actually flying! Ari blinked a few times before she putstreched her arms and screamed. "WOOOH! I'm Flying!!" Darmith rolled his eyes at his new guardian as they dipped gracefully and then circled easily.

Ariana was out of breath when her dragon landed easily back on the ground and let her life off of him. It must of been an hour soon and Phineas did say to bond with the others. So as she hopped off of Darmith she looked around the room and cleared her throat. "So uh.. this is interesting huh?" She said, not to anyone in particular of course.

Severin had taken to the shadows in the back of the room upon Duke's accidental (or so he hopes) attack on the Atlantean girl – Carol, didn't Phineas call her? No; it was Coral he recalls. As the emergency response personnel – or that's his assumption as to who they are, a well-placed assumption, at that – shouting orders at each other, he manages to sidle away and back toward the majority of the group, not really wanting to watch the events that are coming to pass right before his very eyes. All this, everything that has happened, seems to be a mere dream, a dream from which he is not fully aware of his sleeping self. A dream so vibrant, so realistic, that he can't help but feel as though it is a new reality that he has been exposed to. But this couldn't be real… Could it? If it is real, Father and Trenton would be panicking, and all these youth from around the world would be labeled as mysteriously missing. Unless the Atlanteans did some major cover-ups, which he doesn't really have a hard time believing, in all honesty.

When all the excitement dies down ever-so-slightly, Phineas runs yet another spiel by the lot of them, but all the same, it appears that everyone listens fully. Severin hesitantly watches as the rest of the Guardians start into the room with the dragons in them, panicking a bit internally. Dragons? He had thought they were kidding about the dragons part of all this! It's just too… weird. But then again, he reminds himself, nothing that has happened today has lacked weirdness. Everything is weird, defiant to what was previously noted as the barrier between reality and fantasy. A barrier, Severin now realizes, that was foolishly set; for if one can imagine something, surely this is proof that it can become a reality. The barrier between what's real and what's not is just there to give the cowards of the world the comfort of definite boundaries, walls set up to protect them. But perhaps, if one just accepts that there's no such thing as fiction, their eyes willed be opened, able to behold the wonders of their world to the fullest. Finally, Severin grits his teeth and enters the room, for he is no coward. And behold! The barrier breaks down before him, toppling as his eyes meet a wondrously magnificent sight. Never again will he draw that line of fools and cowards, for surely this before him is proof enough of it being nothing but pure falsehood and imagination – a line that is not truly present.

His knees no longer tremble, doubts no longer consume his soul as he beholds the beauty of the sights before him. Each of the other Guardians had awakened their dragons. The bright-eyed girl is being set on the ground by a teal dragon. A grey dragon spews balls of metal toward the actor. The poison elemental trembles beneath a purple dragon. And the water elemental soared at the top of the room from the back of her blue-scaled partner. Only one dragon is still asleep, a white-scaled on that is the smallest dragon present by at least a dozen feet when compared to the second smallest.

Starting toward the slumbering beast, Severin reads the piece of paper in a whispering voice. "::Alaph:: Ice Element Dragon:: Wing Span:: 324 feet ::Height:: 162 feet ::Weight:: 9,720 lbs.::" With a small frown to himself, he places his hand, fingers spread out wide between Alaph's closed eyelids. As though jarred by the sudden touch, the creature's blue eyes flutter open, glancing around for a few moments before settling fixedly on Severin himself. The young man removes his hand tentatively, not daring to break eye contact with the beautiful beast.

"H-Hello there," he says quietly, hands shaking slightly. Alaph backs away a bit, looking over the youth before him with a quizzical, almost fearful look in his eyes. Severin lets out a thin breath in the realization that this magnificent beast is just as afraid of him as he is of it. Drawing closer to Alaph, Severin reaches his hand out, keeping his voice low. "Please don't be scared, Alaph," he coaxes, not daring to break eye contact. "I'm your new partner. I wouldn't hurt you, even if I could." Alaph's eyes still appear wavering, so he continues. "My name is Severin," he tells the dragon with a slight nod. "I'm the new Ice Elemental."

Finally, the white dragon ceases his retreat, but even so, he draws no closer, and suspicion still veils his bright eyes. "How do I know you're not like the first one?" a voice seems to threaten his mind.

Severin stops his onward trudge momentarily, shaking his head as though to clear it. "L-Like the first one? Whatever do you mean, Alaph?"

The dragon places his head right near Severin, turning his neck as though assessing his new partner. "He was cruel," the dragon responds simply, as though unwilling to elaborate. "But I see now that you are unlike he. The ice in your soul has not frozen your heart as it did to him." The dragon looks down in apparent shame. "At least, it froze his heart toward me."

Jaw dropping slightly in disbelief that anyone could shun this creature, Severin reaches out to touch Alaph's scales. "I wouldn't do that," he says in awe. "Not toward you, not toward anyone. Maybe we could be friends as well as partners?"

Alaph draws away further. "I haven't much experience with friendship, Guardian. I fear I would let you down."

Severin draws closer once more, stroking the timid dragon's neck in what he hopes is an encouraging manner. "You won't let me down. Honestly, I lack experience in that field as well. But perhaps… We can learn together."

Desmond Giles

'So, Desmond. How long have you been an actor?' Mithrandir asked as Desmond looked at one particular dragon that was flying around.

"Roughly around six months if you don't count the training time. Say how about we fly a bit. If we are going to fight together, I might as well learn how to fly on you. My life may depend on it." Desmond pointed out.

Mithrandir nodded as she laid flat on the ground while Desmond climbed up onto her back. As soon as Desmond was on her back, her wings expanded as she took off into the air. Around the group of dragons Mithrandir flew as Desmond looked around, enjoying the experience. After a while, Mithrandir angled downward, signaling Desmond that she was landing as she landed beside Ariana and her dragon Darmith.

"So how is your guardian working for you Darmith? I hope she is up to your standards of a guardian." Mithrandir asked Ariana's dragon as Desmond slowly eased himself down of Mithrandir.

"So uh.. this is interesting huh?"

"That I can agree with. If we can get news of Atlantis out to the academic community, almost everything would be rewritten in our world. But I bet anything they would laugh us out for saying Atlantis is real. So what do you do for a living? Any part time jobs you holding?" Desmond muttered as he looked at Ariana while putting his hands in his trench coat.

Duke watched as Limba brought his massive arms underneath his body and lifted his intimidating form into a stance like a pitbull. "Wow…you're a frickin' beast, dude!" Duke was studying the lines of muscle that formed beneath the thick, scaly hide and how they rippled and twisted with every movement. He wasn't the smartest guy in the room but he knew a great deal about physiology and the skeletomuscular system. Lord knows he has spent his fair share of time in the gym. Limba lowered his head and looked down at Duke giving him a very scrutinizing gaze. The dragon was slightly impressed with the stature of his guardian. Once Limba had glanced around at the oher humans, he quicly gained some appreciation for having one of the finer and more fit specimens.

Duke was about to say something to his dragon when he was interrupted by the pretty boy coming over to check on him. Just then, Limba rumbled deep in his chest and it vibrated the floor. The large head and four eyes were pointed at the super long green dragon with golden eyes. Bite your tongue, Vios, or I'll rip it out and feed it to you. Duke took a step back and looked over at Limba one more time before acknowledging Birch. "No homie, I'm good." Duke flashed a charming grin and then reached to touch the blood coagulating on on the back of his head. He stared at the sticky red goo and gave it a lick. "Hn. If a vampire bit me, they'd get drunk." He chuckled and held his bloody fingertips up towards Birch. It would not be surprising to catch a wiff of alcohol.

Limba stomped his right front claw twice. His four eyes has come to settle on the two human men. The dragon was growing impatient with having Vios and her guardian so close to him. Duke looked up and met the gaze of the fierce creature. "What's up, big guy? You gotta sneeze?" Duke chuckled and punched Birch in the arm. The laugh turned into a short cough that brought Duke to a stand still. His head was bashed with pressure and it made him pause with his eyes closed for a minute. A soft beep echoed from Duke's pants pocket. The young man's dark eyes shot open. He dug into his left pocket and found nothing, he then searched the right one and his eyes widened. "Ah-ha!" He yanked out a Samsung Galaxy S4. "Out-fucking-standing!" He began to flip through the screens searching for something. The beep was caused by a low battery. "Hey pretty boy, you think these folks have technology enough to charge this for me?" He looked up at Birch while continuing to search through his phone for something.

Duke's face stretched into a yawn. The dragon lowered his head and brought it close to his guardian. What are you doing, worm? What is that device? Duke smirked and lifted his head. "Listen, chief. You want my respect, you'll have to show me some. Feel me?" Duke went back to paying with his phone. Limba rose up and craned his neck to look down over his guardian at the thing he held in his hand. The shadow of Limba's head completely covered Duke in darkness. Feel you…that must be some kind of colloquialism. Fine. The dragon brought his snout level with Duke's face. I will respect you so long as you don't aggravate me. Duke grinned. "Good, I have a surprise for you, homie." Duke plugged in his blue tooth and hit a button on his phone.

The first song to come on was 'I Think She Ready' by FKi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7obAoSbOyg0 Limba's face contorted as if in pain. What is that noise? Duke made a face of slight irritation but switched songs anyway.

The next song was 'This is the Time' by Nothing More. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znvAJ5d_7ZM&list=TLBacxN798Qg6vzCBBX4elsVDrRTONkQaD Limba listened for a moment but didn't seem too impressed and turned his eyes on Duke. What else do you have? Duke chuckled and moved on to another song. "How about this?"

Duke selected 'Worldwide Choppers' By Tech N9ne.
Limba puffed a hard breath through his notrils. Next. Duke laughed and raised a finger to his dragon. "I got something for you." He sorted through several albums and then looked up to Limba. "You're gonna dig this." Duke picked the final song and knew he had a winner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGPD0ZBiMs0 'War Pigs' by Black Sabbath. The large dragon raised his head and seemed to be feeling the sounds playing through his guardian's brain as if it were something floating through the air. Duke looked to Birch. "Music to soothe the savage beast, right?" Duke walked over to Limba's front leg and tucked his phone in his pocket. "Coming aboard, big fella." He started to climb up the rough spikes and scales. It took him some time and effort. Duke's muscles bulged and twisted as he went hand over fist up the front leg of Limba. After some time the young man finally made it to Limba's back. At this point, Duke could hear the deep baritone voice of his dragon singing along to the music. Duke rolled his eyes. "Catchy tune, huh?"

Aria laughed at her dragon, who was jumping around her and asking her questions about her life. Where do you live? How old are you? How did you get here? I bet that girl from earlier brought you here, right? Aria just smiled and answered the questions, happy to be bonding with the creature. "Well, I live in Seattle, which is in America. I got here...well, I'm not sure exactly. I was out cold for most of it!" She chuckled, but had to start paying attention when Phineas walked in.

"Alright, guardians. I see you've had a chance to get yourselves acquainted with your dragons, and that's good! We will spend more time with them later, but right now we need to split up to do some extra training. As was shown before, most of you don't yet have a handle on your abilities just yet..." He trailed off and looked at each guardian in return before continuing. "...so we will divide and continue to train in small groups. Ariana, Aria..." He pointed them out as he spoke. "...Alexandra, Flynn, and Achera will go up to the surface and work on their powers. The rest of you will stay here until they are done and get further acquainted with your dragons. Alright then. If I called you, please come with me." Phineas turned and beaconed to the guardians, motioning for them to follow. Aria looked over at Rafale. "I guess if better go. It was nice meeting you for the first time Rafale." She smiled, then followed Phineas along with the others.

Although she didn't let it show, Aria was glad to be going back up to the surface. Being underwater for so long with people she didn't know made her a tad bit anxious, and she was eager to see the sky again, to feel the sea air move through her hair. As the elevator surfaced, they all stepped out onto a large platform. It must have been raised out of the water, because the surface was wet, the night stars reflecting off of stray water drops still on the platform. They all circled around Phineas for their instructions, exchanging varied glances with each other. Phineas clapped his hands.
"Alright. Now that we can practice in the open, let's get to it. Achera, will you..." Phineas was cut off when a black mist started clouding around them, engulfing them in the cloud. For the first time since being here, Aria was worried. What's going on? She thought frantically, coughing as the black mist entered her lungs.

High above Atlantis, white teeth gleamed in the darkness in a cruel smirk and each time the wings of Tiamat buffeted the air, her army descended upon the great city. This was a test, one she had planned since she had heard about the Guardians from the ancient writings. The shadows ascended from the ground as she cried out in a battle cry that shook the air around them, awaiting the first move by their leader.

It had taken years of her life to do so but the unflinching loyalty of her army was useful, easily the most useful trait among them. She had to train and kill and raze worlds to find that loyalty and she loved it. This was her army, her family and everything she would fight for. She planned to take down as many as they could down, perhaps kill a few for demoralisation and injure a few. She wanted to destroy them, make them feel the pain had driven her into this state of near insanity. Deep in the recesses of her mind, she knew that she was probably going insane but she couldn't care.

They were amassed on a high platform, all in a circle. She counted six, only a small fraction of the Guardian forces but it would do for now. She wasn't planning to kill them all in one go. She wanted to crush their spirits, to cause misery and malicious pain to their hearts. A broken race would never rise up again, if she could deprive them of hope.

Readying her bow, Tiamat descended from the clouds like a nightmare in life and dived steeply, before angling up before they hit the ground and coming to level with the platform. They were children. Mere children.... She shook the thoughts from her mind, steeling her resolve. They were just children, and ones that needed to die in order for her race to live.

There was Phineas, the leader of this place, who she had met when they had first landed near Atlantis. It had been a terse, tense meeting with some bloodshed and much anger. She grinned maliciously at the man, with defiance in her eyes and her bow aimed at the group.
"Phineas.." She hissed out lazily, her eyes never leaving the group. "How... nice to see you again. I don't suppose you want to step out of the way do you?"

The leader of the other group snorted, disdain in his eyes. "It's certainly no pleasure of mine. And no. I don't think I will."

With a dramatic sigh and a rolling shrug, she scanned the group for targets and saw two siblings if she had ever seen them before, standing close together and obviously seeking comfort from each other.

"Aww... Phineas, you leave me no choice then. Sibling love is so... Despicable!" She lifted her bow and fired in the blink of an eye, one arrow after another until two dying children lay on the platfrom, riddled with shadow poisoned arrows and she felt a tug on her heart. Yet again, a family was torn apart and it was with her own hands, which had cradled the bodies of her family in a similar way. She once again steeled herself and summoned up her spirit. She fired arrows once again but the wind had picked, sending some loose into the city below and most only superficially wounding the four remaining people on the platform.

She knew there would be reinforcements soon but she fired arrows non stop, as her targets avoided them and ducking behind the pillars that enclosed it. Her mocking laugh rang through the night and it rose to bone-chilling laugh.

"Come, Guardians! Where are your warriors, Phineas?!"

Ariana was sitting gracefully on Darmith's large leg as the two talked mentally, with Ariana letting out a small laugh every now and then. She hadn't expected a reply but when Desmond spoke up, answering her random thought she felt a small smile tug at her lips. Her body shifted so that she could look at Desmond as they talked. "I hate to rain your parade Desmond, is it? But I do not think anyone would believe us, nor would Phineas allow us to speak of this place for fear of attacks or scientific research on the ancient ruins. And.. I don't think we will be going home.." She said the last part softly as it sunk in that this was their new life. Here in Atlantis, fighting for the world, which would never know how much they sacrificed to keep the world safe.

His next question surprised her a bit. A job? Ari hadn't decided what career path she would want to take, although photography was definitely on her mind. She shrugged and rubbed her left arm awkwardly as she replied "I'm only 18, I was a senior at my local high school.. I had a part time job at a photography studio in my local mall, I made edits and helped make the babies smile for portraits and such. Small stuff, but it helped pay for college.." She said as she trailed off. "What do you do? Obviously.. Well I mean I hope you don't dress like that.. So maybe you're a model or an actor by chance?" She questioned. Unfortunately her attention was drawn back to Phineas as he ended back though the middle set of doors. He quickly explained that they would be working with their powers again and called out names. Ariana's ears perked up as her name was called first followed by Aria the air guardian and Achera the electric guardian as well as the two Park siblings. She regretfully got up and smiled to Desmond. "I guess I'll have to go, Though it was nice getting to know you Desmond. I guess we'll have a lifetime to talk some more, I look forward to it." she said as she gave a small wave and then looked over to her beautiful blue dragon and kissed his nose goodbye. She walked over to Phineas as the small group gathered and then followed the man into the powers practice room. Once inside he ushered them into an clear elevator that lifted them high into the air so quickly Ariana hardly had time to admire the beautiful scenery that was the city of Atlantis. "Don't worry you will have time to explore the city more, after all it will be your home from now on." He said as the clear doors opened to the top of the city.

Ariana walked out with the others and took a deep breath, the fresh sea air hit her and she could see the Atlantic Ocean's wave crash against an invisible barrier that probably protected the ancient city. She started to give her attention to Phineas as he started to say "Alright. Now that we can practice in the open, let's get to it. Achera, will you..." but was quickly cut off by a black mist and then suddenly a voice hit Ariana. She turned around to see a small army gathering in the skies. The leader was a small black looking creature that spat at Phineas as it spoke. It's voice rang out and it seemed to be quite feminine in nature. "She" quickly got to the point of her visit and began firing off arrows. Ariana watched desperately as she aimed at the two siblings, her hands covering her opened mouth in pure shock. Watching as both arrows pierced their hearts and they fell to the ground as blood poured from the wounds. Ariana watched again in horror as the scene played out in slow motion, her feet glued to her spot. Phineas and the others too were watching and then quickly began to hide behind the pillars. Ariana looked to the skies again and saw an arrow flying at her. She did what any logical human would do, she ran and screamed. She didn't sign up for this shit!!! "PHINEAS WHAT DO WE DO?!" She screamed as she hid behind a broken pillar, watching the arrows zoom by her face. "ATTACK, USE YOUR POWERS I'M CALLING IN BACK UP!" The man screamed back from behind another pillar as he began barking orders into a walkie talkie. Ariana looked from behind the pillar and began focusing, trying to create the water balls again, unfortunately she was too scared for anything to go her way and the water balls looked like petty water ballons and as she tried to fire them off they went wild, missing almost every target and hitting maybe one or two of the enemy. "Shit.." She swore under her breath as she looked around, desperately praying for the back up.

Electric Pariah, blue
Ash had just hopped down off Lunaric's head as he laid it against the floor for her to climb off when Phineas came in, pouting she turns to look to her dragon. "Sorry big guy, looks like our times up for now. Ill catch ya later tho k? Be prepared, im gonna get you back for that nice scare!" She teases the beast with a carefree attitude, totally uneffected by his size of ferocity. He chuckles before bumping her lightly with his snout causing her to stumble back a few steps "Sure sure pipsqueek, whatever you say. Now go on and practive your powers with your fellow guardians, we'll "play" later on." Smiling she gently strokes his snout before nodding. Hearing her name called for the first team she pats Lunaric once before jogging toward the group heading for an elevator, waving bye. "C ya soon, Lu Lu!" He grunts at her new nickname for him, obviously not appreciative of it but that just made her smile all the more.

Once inside the elevator she fidgets a bit nervously looking around at the mostly girl group 'Interesting selection...' glancing at the water guardian-Ariana she gives the blonde a confident smile and thumbs up.
"I hope this is more fun than our last "test" of our powers." She says lightheartedly, trying to give the group some confidence. Once the elevator doors open Achera runs out looking around with curiousity, happy to be out of the cramped box and eager to learn her powers. That was until a black cloud surrounded them, within moments some chick inside the cloud exchanged a few words with Phineas that Ash didnt really catch and before anyone could react 2 arrows lodged themselves deep in the chests of the siblings, light and fire....Gone just like that. 'What the hell?? Was this apart of their practice?!' She guessed not as Phineas ducked for cover along with Ariana.

Clenching her hands into tight fists that made her knuckles turn white Ash settles an icy glare on the back of the enemy archer, she was more focused on Ariana and Phineas, not getting to Ash quite yet. An untanginable fury wells up inside her, 'Who can take 2 lives like that without hesitation?! Without cause!!' She couldnt stand it. She didnt want to see anyone else get hurt, she wouldnt let anyone else die. Electricity flickers over her fists slowly crawling up her arms getting stronger and stronger the same staticy sound surrounding her. 'Ok...time to make some use of this power...' Suddenly dashing forward with surprising speed Ash holds her right arm/hand out in a straight line. A few shadow-like beings manifest in front of her ready to fight, she runs them through with her arm, her arm acting like an impossibly sharp sword as it slices through them like butter. Ash wasnt going for the henchmen, she wanted the archer with a deadly determination.

Making her way in front of the place where Ariana was hiding Ash dodges most of the arrows, those she couldnt she splits in half with her lightning covered hand before it can pierce her a fierce look in her sea blue eyes.
"Ariana you control water right? You think you can make one of those balls like before? I have an idea." Quickly dodging another arrow she ducks behind the pillar right beside Ariana, seeing the blonde was frightened to death. "Hey I got your back, I'm not letting that witch take anymore of my friends. If you can make some of those water balls I can use my electricity to electrify them before you rain them down on those bastards. I know you can do it Ari-err I hope you dont mind me calling you that." Her voice is confident and calm, quickly ammending at the end

Earth, green
Birch was very much confused on how things turned out between him, Spit, and Duke. Blinking he tries to ignore Duke's very odd way of saying he was drunk. The various music Duke decided to play for his dragon didnt help, it wasnt Birch's kind of tunes. Whatever the poison dragon said back to Vios seemed to make her bristle as she glared at him with molten gold eyes.
Earth, green
"I beat you once before, I can do it again, Lim." She retorts back anger seeping into her voice before she focuses her attention back onto her guardian.

Turning to the side with her back to Spit she opens one of her massive wings, resting it against the floor in front of Birch.
"Come aboard hun, I'll show you what it feels like to be a true rider." That succeeded in getting a smile from Birch though it was small it seemed to brighten his eyes. Just as he was about to follow her instruction a piercing crackling of a intercom echoes through the room before Phineas's panicked voice fills the ears of guardians and dragons alike.

"All guardians must come to the surface at once! I repeat, all guardians must report to the surface at once! We are under attack!"

It felt like a ice cold bucket of water had been thrown onto Birch as those haunting words echoed through his head. 'No...this couldnt be happening...not already! Was this some sick test? No...that was true panic, test or not im going.' Looking to Vios he gently pats the side of her scaly neck. "Sorry V, looks like we gotta seperate for awhile. I'll be back soon." The green dragon had obvious worry in her eyes as she leans her head down to gently nuzzle his side. "You better come back in one piece little one, stay alert theres dangers above the likes you havent seen before. Good luck Birch." Her concerned but warm voice flows through his mind giving him confidence and a warm feeling in his chest.

Giving her a confident smile he nods, with one last huff from Vios that blew his clothes along with his hair he ran for the elevator that already held the rock guardian-Bianca. Stepping inside he clenches and unclenches his jaw, impatient to see what was above. He didnt speak to the girl to focused on the battle head to make any small talk. Once the doors opened he scene before him froze Birch in place.

'Dont think about it...' Forcing himself not to think of the siblings lying on the ground in pools of their own blood he focused on the shadows and arrows flying every which way. Dashing forward he ducks behind the pillar another guardian was already at-Aria the air guardian he recognized. Now that he was out in the open and not trapped in a metal box he could feel his powers surging through him as adrenaline pumped through his veins.

Birch's piercing emerald eyes focus on Aria
"You've got air right? Do you think you can cover me a bit from those arrows while I try to reach the archer?" He asks the young girl in a strong calm voice. He could feel the earth around him bending to his will, plants and vines of all kinds start popping out of the ground beneath him, others worming their way from nearby to encircle his legs. Within a minute all but his head is wrapped in thick vines that held tight against him but were loose enough for him to move with ease. 'So this is my power huh? I look like the biggest green thumb ever...'

Suddenly wood peels off the trees nearby flying toward him with great speed, the pieces varied in size and shape. Before it could hit Birch tho the wood stops midair beside him, some of the wood attatches itself to the vines on him making thick wood armor over his body. The rest hovers around him turning into sharp points ready pierce their enemies

Last edited:
Reactions: WarriorHeart
Although she had seen the blue eyed girl--Okay so she had almost immediately forgotten everyone else's names--flying with her dragon, Bianca had opted to stay on the ground. It wasn't as though flying wasn't appealing to her, but she thought that she should become a bit more aquianted with Hallvaror before they did anything together. And so instead of taking to the air, they had played twenty questions. Well...Something like that. After the first five questions, Bianca had gotten bored and so they'd just chatted about random stuff. Cute guys, cute girl dragons, embarrassing moments in their lives, Miss Atlantian (who according to Hallvaror, was way hotter than Miss Universe.), their families and stuff like that.

They were just about to trade discussion time for a staring contest when suddenly a hideous feedback noise pierced the air. Bianca let out a surprised shriek and covered her ears, while Hallvaror growled and cringed.

"All guardians must come to the surface at once! I repeat, all guardians must report to the surface at once! We are under attack!" Phineas' voice crackled over the intercom.

Bianca's eyes widened in surprise and she whipped around glancing at the remaining guardians, worriedly. Was this for real? Or was it some sort of test? But the dude had sounded generally panicked. Either way, what choice did she have? She couldn't stay down here even if it wasn't a test! The other guardians were up there! She couldn't sit on her ass and hide while whatever it was happened!

Leaping to her feet, Bianca took a few hasty steps towards the elevator, before a solemn grunt behind her, caused her to stop in her tracks. When she turned around, Hallvaror was standing at his full height and was approaching slowly.

"Wait, dude. You obviously can't come. Phineas didn't say anything about bringing you guys. And plus you can't fit in the elevator, you're too damn big. I'll be be back. I promise." And with that, Bianca sprinted onto the elevator and desperately tried to block out whatever Hallvaror attempted to 'mind speak' to her. She only managed to block out a few bits, so what she got wasn't much but it still made her feel guilty as shit.

I will wait. You had better come back...Please.

In hindsight she should have said something more along the lines of 'I'll try to come back.' or 'Don't get your hopes up, buddy.' But it was too late now.

When the elevator surfaced, a sharp spear of horror drove it's way into the teenager's chest. There were arrows and shadowy things everywhere. The other guardians as well as Phineas were taking cover behind pillars and...Nausea made it's way into her throat when she saw the two siblings on the ground. She hoped to God that they were playing dead, but her rational told her otherwise.

"Oh my go..." She whimpered just as an arrow whizzed so close to her that it sliced her ear. As horrified as she was, Bianca fierce desire to live propelled her over to a pillar where she hugged her knees and hoped none of those shadow people would see her.

It took her about fifteen seconds to get that out of her system.

Obviously hiding was not going to help her. The arrows weren't going to stop flying any time soon. She needed to do something. She needed to stop feeling so afraid, access her powers and punch a shadowy creature in the face!

Adrenaline surged through her veins, and Bianca was relieved to see her gauntlet's from earlier returning. But not only that! More armor was forming. A breast plate, something that she hoped was a sweet looking helmet, and some kick ass greaves. Despite the fact that she was almost eighty percent covered in rock, it didn't take her long to get to her feet and kick the nearest shadow thing in the chin. As more adrenaline piled on top of the previous dose, Bianca found herself punching, kicking and headbutting the shadow things wildly. This went on for quite a bit before she lunged for another foe and instead of kicking the crap out of him, she staggered to the side and nearly fell to her knees. Panic enveloped her as she struggled to crawl as fast as she could behind a pillar and check out what the hell was going on. After seeing that didn't have any injuries other than cuts, she realized that she was just tired.

"Well, shit."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.