Atlantis: Age of the Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ariana had run into Aria and later Birch as she had started off to find the others. "The newbies are here.. I think we soul welcome them.. it's probably going to be hard on them. of course it's hard on all of us.." She said with a slight depressed tone to her voice. To think a eek ago they had all been living separate lives, just to be thrown into a lost city and expected to defend the world.. and on the first day watch two of their own fall. Ariana and the others had all reacted almost the same to the deaths of the siblings, it was as if they were all connected now.. these 10.. now 8 strangers now connected in an odd sense of.. unity? Phineas had said something about the guardians being "connected in unity" or something like that. This guardian business was almost exactly like high school but with more P.E. Ariana was not the best fighter, so powers practice was hard on her, but she wouldn't give up, not yet. Darmith had been working with her on the element the two shared. Darmith had taken Ari out to the loading docks of Atlantis to watch the waves. He had showed her how calm water could be, how dangerous it was. It enchanted Ariana, how the water would move and flow around her, almost playful like. Water, Ari also learned could be combined with air and electricity to make combined attacks. Though it was weak when near earth and she felt she very off when near fire. Let's just say se wasn't thrilled about a new fire elemental guardian.

As Ariana made her way back to the dragon room with Aria and Birch she spoke softly. "Can you believe we've almost been here for a week? It feels like just yesterday we were normal teenagers.." She said, making small talk. "So what do you the two new guardians will be like? I bet they are female and male. I'm sure the fire and light dragons will be happy to finally have partners again, I also feel bad when we practice powers with our dragons." She said as the entered the room to see the two guardians standing behind Phineas.

"Ah Guardians, please come meet our new editions to the team! Tyler our fire guardian, and Neela our light guardian!"

Reactions: WarriorHeart
Desmond Giles

"Yeah, thanks, man. I think I heard that on Kick Flip Panda once. The present thing. Thanks for the understanding--Y-your understanding. Yeah."

Desmond nodded with a smile as he got up a bit. Bianca stood up after him as she pointed down the hallway to the dragon room.

"So, I think I heard something about the new guardians arriving today. We should go meet them. In the dragon room. Not that we have to go together! Not that we even should!"

"New guardians eh. I guess we should greet them and help ease them in." Desmond muttered thoughtfully as he then saw Bianca running down the hall backwards, all while waving her arms like one of those anime characters.

"I'm going--See you, t-there man. I'm going the elevator way, and there's not that much space for both of us. Usually there would be, but not today...hehe... so yeah."

"Ah wait!" Desmond called out.

Sadly Bianca was out of hearing range as he stood there confused.

"She didn't have to run off like that." Desmond muttered as he turned and started to walk to the dragon room.

Soon enough, Desmond reached the dragon room and entered it. He saw Ariana, Aria, and Brich there already with Phineas and two new people Desmond didn't know. They must be the new people.

"Hello there Miss Ariana, Miss Aria, Mister Brich. I'm guessing Phineas brought *coughkidnapedcough* the new guardians eh?" Desmond said as he looked at Phineas.

"Ah Guardians, please come meet our new editions to the team! Tyler our fire guardian, and Neela our light guardian!"

Despite his distrust of Phineas due to the general lack of important knowledge Desmond had, he decided to at least bring Tyler and Neela up to speed. He stepped forward to the pair as he smiled a bit.

"Hello Mister Tyler, Miss Neela. I'm Desmond Giles and current lead of the popular British show 'Professor Whoa'. I'll spare Phineas the interrogation in part and answer some of the most common questions here. We are in the Atlantis of Legend that was supposed to be at the bottom of the ocean if it were not due to one god who took pity on them and gave them powers along with dragons. Eight of us were brought here a week prior before you. As a fire and light elementalist, you control your respective element which is triggered by emotions. Don't ask how you got the ability to manifest. We were born with the ability to control our element. They brought us here to stop some great evil that attacked us here last week and killed two of us. The dragons are real and no matter how much I want to call this bollocks as a British or bullshit for Americans, I'm not making this up. " Desmond muttered as he looked at the two.

A light bulb lit in his mind.

"This is what I mean by ability." Desmond muttered as he put his right hand out in front of them. From the ground below Desmond, metal wormed up and around his hand until it took on the shape of the sword.

"If you have any other question, ask Phineas. I'll also let my peers speak. If you may..." Desmond said stepping back as he let others speak in their place.

[The morning when the new guardians arrive...]

Duke was pouring sweat. He had been up for hours working out at the mercy of Limba's harsh words. His every move seemed to insult the dragon or worse…inspire him with some new retort about his guardian. Duke bent over and put his hands on his knees. His chest heaved and his mouth hung open. Droplets of salty water fill from Duke's face and began to make a small puddle between the shoulder blades of Limba.

I didn't realize it was break time, Duke. Maybe you want to fight that girl again. She seems more your speed than actually doing a real workout. Deep, rasping laughter echoed in Duke's head. "Keep it up, Ugly…keep fuckin' laughin'." Duke straightened his posture and stretched his arms above his head. A few tendons popped and the young man groaned. He took off running down the rough spine of his dragon and pulled some parkour moves off of Spit's wings and the spines that covered his back. Duke pumped his muscles until they burned and then continued onward.

Once he made it to the ground, Duke sprinted to the front of the beast and directly below the snout, he dropped and started doing rapid but perfect pushups. He was barefoot and shirtless and the sweat that pooled on his back glittered in the dim light of the dragon room. "98…99…100!" Duke popped back to his feet and smacked Spit's nostril. "Ha! Faster than last time. You owe me some knowledge, home slice!" duke grinned and put his hands on his hips but he looked more like he was panting than anything else.

The dragon reared his head at the contact. Spit turned his head so that he could bring two burning eyes to stare at the whelp. Duke returned the fierceness of the gaze and didn't move. In truth, Duke was becoming immune to dragonfear. Spit seemed to want to squish everybody all the time so Duke just accepted that he may become a wet mark on the rock floor. After nearly a inute passed, Limba rose up on all fours. Very well, Psycho, your next lesson will be to figure out a way to shield yourself. In order to do so, you must visualize a tornado. Limba stomped his back leg a few times trying to scratch an itch.

"But that's Aria's thing…I'm-" Duke was cut off by a stomp from Spit's front foot that sent Duke crumbling to the ground along with a great deal of rocks all around the cave. Don't interrupt me. You control the poison…so make it swirl around you. It can dissolve projectiles and dull blades before they ever touch you. The dragon sat back down and rested his mighty head on his massive legs.

Duke thought about what Spit had just described. He closed his eyes and clenched his fists. He felt the poison materializing on his skin. He felt it thicken and fall at his feet. He opened his eyes and could not see the desired result. Well, well, what a surprise; you failed. Duke growled and began to us more poison from his skin. "Shut up, queer!" duke went back to envisioning the art form he was trying to evoke. Spit laughed at him.

Your little girlfriend with the pretty eyes will die if you don't figure this out, Duke. Duke started to become enraged. He wanted to slap the shit out of his cocky dragon but being the size of one claw doesn't give him much leverage. The idea of Achera dying because Duke couldn't shield her angered him to the point where he was shaking. After several minutes of this, duke sighed and relaxed. He opened his eyes expecting to see Spit growing or shaking his head. However, Duke could see a purple fog swirling around him and he brightened up. "Fuck.Ing. Awesome!!!"

Earth, green
Birch followed the 2 girls in silence, in all honesty he felt awkward being around the 2 females alone, like any moment they would pounce on him with questions...Or worse, flirts. A light blush comes to his cheeks as his thoughts drift a bit with that, clearing his throat he takes on a serious expression as he places his large hands on the back of his head his arms bent and sway out to the sides in a relaxed pose despite him walking. At Ariana's question he rolls his eyes slightly but a charming grin comes to his lips "Umm, for the record, I'm 22. As for the guardians, I just hope they dont get hurt by their powers like our first day....And their not so....Duke'sh?" The last part he almost mumbles, his tone calm.

As they enter the dragon den he nods to Phineas's introduction, his emerald eyes wandering over to the 2 new guardians. Quickly looking them up and down he stays toward the back of the group keeping silent. He would let the others introduce themselves and say what they like first, he was a man of few words, especially with first meetings

Electric, blue
Ash still felt the dull throb against her side from yesterdays "battle" with Duke, sparring with a dude twice her size with a gash in her side probably wasnt her most brilliant moment. So today she was on basically bed rest, at the most persistent urging of Lunaric who she was currently laying on. Atop his scaly back Lunaric and her were listening to one of her playlists via her Samsung Galaxy, she could feel Lu's muscles tensing and relaxing to the beat of the music. Smiling she loved that her and her dragon had similar tastes in music, though if she put on anything to girly he would complain like mad.

Patting her fingers against his back to the beat she as a bit startled when Lu's voice resounded through her mind. "Ash, it looks like the new guardians have arrived. Everyone's already here, even your macho boyfriend thats getting another "lesson" from Limbo." She couldnt help the giggle that came out of her at Lunaric's obviously purpose pronouncement of Limba's name. Sitting up she grimaced slightly as she rubbed her side before looking down at the small crowd near the entrance. "New peeps huh? Wonder what these guys are like. I bet Duke's gonna make another "grand" entrance like before." She says sarcastically but her tone was light and friendly. She felt a rumbled beneath her as Lu laughed at that nodding slightly in agreement. "Well guess I should join them, wanna taxi me over there big guy? Lets show them the perks of a guardian!" She exclaims excitedly.

His teal ears perked up at that as he stood up from where he was laying "Well now you know I cant resist giving them a show Whelp. Lets give it a go!" She smiled brightly as he agreed, not minding the nickname he gave her. Holding still Lu let her climb up his neck and onto his head, using his black spikes that ran down his spine as handholds. Standing ontop of his head Ash keeps her balance as Lu takes the few steps it took to reach the group. Once he stops she looks down at the 2 new guardians with a bright smile "Hey there newbies! My names Achera Sapphire, or Ash for short. This is my dragon Lunaric, we control electricity!" She yells down at them with a wave. Lu just snorts at them his white eyes as intimidating as ever. Taking a deep breath she raises her arms out on either side of her her palms up, after a moment a few sparks pop in the air above her palms right before her whole hands erupt in violet electricity. Small orbs of electricity hovering less than a inch above her palms.

But the show wasnt over yet, after a few seconds a mischievous grin comes to her lips before she lightly stamps her foot down, not hard enough to do anything to Lu though. Just as she does her legs erupt in electricity just like her hands but this time the once dimly lit white runes on Lu's body suddenly starts to glow brightly, almost blinding. Making him look almost spectral. Laughing lightly she keeps the electricity on for a minute before releasing it and sitting down. "I think that did it" She whispers to Lu, he just puffs out his chest obviously enjoying the attention

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Aria smiled at Birch's awkward comment as they walked. "No worries. I'm 17, and I'm pretty sure Ariana's underage too. No reason to worry. Not that I would like anyone even if I was your age...no offense." She added that last sentence in quietly, hoping nobody would hear her. They eventually came up on the dragon room, where some of the dragons were dozing while others were milling about curiously. She noticed the dragons for light and fire were off alone together, laying down on the floor in sadness. Aria pitied the creatures. It had been so long since they'd had a companion, and their new friends and guardians were taken from them in an instant. After a few moments, Desmond came up to them and began to speak. "Hello there Miss Ariana, Miss Aria, Mister Birch. I'm guessing Phineas brought *cough-kidnaped-cough* the new guardians eh?" Aria nodded and smiled. "I guess so." She replied, then made her way over to her own dragon, who was slumbering quietly on the floor. His large eyes were closed and his hot breath steady. She gently placed her hand on his forehead, as she had done on that first day, and he awoke.

She stepped back and smiled. "Rise and shine, Rafale. The new guardians are going to be arriving soon." She told him. The dragon opened one eye lazily, then closed it again. I'm not interested in new guardians. Right now, I'm only interested in getting sleep. The dragon told her, although to anyone outside of the mind-link it just sounded like grunts. Aria rolled her eyes. Rafale, while generally a playful and positive dragon, could be really lazy and rude when he was tired. She couldn't dwell on it for long though. Through a door similar to the one the rest of them had arrived through, came two new people.

The girl had white and blue hair, along with pale skin and sharp features. The man was tired-looking, had long dark hair, and had a few visible tattoos, including one on his arm. "Ah Guardians, please come meet our new editions to the team! Tyler our fire guardian, and Neela our light guardian!" Phineas announced flamboyantly. Aria watched as Desmond went up to introduce himself to the new guardians, but couldn't focus on his words. She was too busy thinking about the new fire guardian. Something about his stony expression and his new element made Aria a little nervous. Something told her Tyler and Duke wouldn't get along very well... her thoughts were interrupted when Desmond began demonstrating his powers, creating a sharp sword out of the metal floor. Aria shook her head. The look on the new guardians faces were enough to tell her they were confused, and probably more than a bit scared, as they all were when they arrived. Aria walked over to the man and pushed down the tip of the sword. "Desmond, it's their first day. Let them get used to things before you start creating swords out of the floor." She told the man, then turned to face the new guardians. "Hello. I'm Aria, and they're Birch and Ariana. And, um..." she gestured around. "...welcome to Atlantis."

Reactions: WarriorHeart
Fear was coursing through Tyler's veins. And irritation was prickling under his skin. This was bullshit. Some majorly screwed up, high as a kite bullshit. And he had no time for it. He didn't want to be here. He didn't want to be no damn guardian of flames or whatever the hell. He wanted to go back to his hometown and redeem himself in society's eyes. This was seriously screwing him up. If his parole officer found out that he skipped town -- even though it wasn't his fault--he would get locked up for the rest of his life.

The people here in this so called "Atlantis" were freaky as hell. Even though that creepy guy, Phineas had assured him that all of this was real, there's was no way that he was in Atlantis, and that there were dragons running around and there was definitely no way he had fire powers. This had to be some type of extreme drug thing. Tyler wondered if he had pissed somebody off so much that he had been kidnapped and thrust into a molly popping crack house. But that was impossible. In prison, Tyler always kept his head down. He never associated with the wrong people and he never started anything with the guards.

His thoughts came to an abrupt halt when one of the guardians, a skinny brown haired white dude, made a sword appear out of thin air. Well not thin air exactly but shit that wasn't even the point.

"Whoa! Dude, fu--! Chill!" Tyler gasped, jumping backwards and nearly colliding with the girl that had come in with him. Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy--This was some intense x. Like really intense.

He barely had time to calm himself before a girl on a goddamn dragon flew in and just--All of his thought processes came to a screeching halt when the girl made her entrance. It was then that Tyler realized that all of this...was real. A damn dragon was standing in front of him for God's sakes! The creepy dude was telling the truth! All of this was real and --

Taking a deep breath, in through his mouth and out through his nose, Tyler forced himself to be calm and steel himself in front of these people. Showing fear in a new place was out of the question. If he faltered, these guys would think they could run all over him. He needed to stay calm and act like them.

Nodding at the electric girl, he murmured. "Tyler." before turning to Phineas. "So I can do stuff like that, huh?"

- -

Bianca had taken some time in the elevator to calm herself. Why in the hell had she freaked out so much with Desmond? She needed to seriously calm down. Maybe meeting the new guardians would get her back to her old self and make her forget how freaking embarrassing and clumsy she had acted five minutes ago. Geez, she needed some brain bleach and--

Wham bam thank you ma'am. Bianca thought as she spotted the potential source of her mind windex. The girl she saw before her eyes was a beaut. But not like a 'I wanna slather your face in kisses and maybe take you out for a slice' way. But more of in a 'I wanna be your friend so bad, because you look really cool, and I'm cool to so gimme a chance' type of way.

Forgetting her earlier communication blunders, Bianca strode over past Aria, skirted past the new guy--because he looked like he could strangle a bunny with his bare hands--and straight up to the new girl. "Hey there. I'm Bianca, the rock guardian and you are?"

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Desmond Giles

Apparently, Tyler was not expecting Desmond creating a sword in front of him as the poor man backpedaled as if the sword was alive and would impale him at first chance. Aria walked beside him and pushed the sword point down as Achera and her dragon landed near them.

"Desmond, it's their first day. Let them get used to things before you start creating swords out of the floor."

"Right Miss Aria and Miss Achera with her dragon is going to help them calm down." Desmond stated sarcastically as he dropped the sword.

The sword didn't even clatter onto the floor as it melted away back into the floor. Desmond stretched a bit, wincing at his injured shoulder as Bianca walked passed him to see the new people.

"At the very least, their first day is a lot better then ours. Speaking of which, I hope you have some sort of defense grid set up to prevent future attacks Phineas." Desmond muttered as he walked to pass Tyler.

He stopped beside him and smiled a bit.

"Don't worry too much Mr. Tyler. As long as you watch our backs, we'll watch yours. That being said, feel free to ask us anything." Desmond said as a loud clanking noise was heard.

Desmond looked to see Mithrandir landing beside Achera and walking over to him.

"We should practice more on your abilities. You already have your basic manipulation down. I'm going to help teach you the finer details of your ability." Mithrandir said as Desmond sighed.

"If you need me, I'll be off to the side here." Desmond said as he and Mithrandir walked over to an empty area.

"So what do I need to learn?" Desmond asked.

"You can form weapons from the metal around you. But sometimes you won't have the right kinds of metal to create a battle worthy sword. In that case, you need to take heed of some of the special properties of metal as well as the types of metal. Copper for example is a great conductor of electricity. If you use your ability with copper along side the Electric guardian Achera, you can guide her bolts so her attacks will not miss or attack some poor soul. Lacing your swords with a veil of Mercury will inflict poison in the form of sensory impairment up to death. If you can manage to create heat from metal, you can create some rare earth metals like neodymium." Mithrandir stated as Desmond closed his eyes in thought.

"So that means I have to figure out each particular metal's special properties and use them to my advantage." Desmond said looking at Mithrandir.

"Correct my favorite actor. It's nice to see an actor that can think for himself and hold a intelligent conversation." Mithrandir replied with the laughter like rumble.

"Right. What about metals have comes from smelting, like steel?" Desmond asked.

"Very perspective. Those metals can't be created easily since you have to mix in additional elements. That's why if you can manage to create heat from metal and find an abundant source of the mixing materials, you can create smelting metals. Just remember that most of the metal that is not apart of a building will be too small to be of use right away. You will have to gather them while dodging enemy attacks or even while on the move. That's why I'm even more helpful to you Desmond. I can breath metal and that metal can be turned into any weapon you need." Mithrandir said.

"Interesting. So I'm limited by amount of metal around me if I was conscious about the buildings around me." Desmond muttered as he looked over to Bianca.

"You seem to have an interest in the stone guardian there." Mithrandir said looking at said girl.

To that, Desmond coughed a bit, trying to ignore the words Mithrandir said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ariana looked over at Birch and laughed a bit. "I'm 19, it's legal. Buy me a drink sometime sweetie and then we'll talk" She said, flirting shamelsssly with the guardian hoping to get a blush from him. Ari was a well known flirt at her high school. Why not show her true colors around these people, they'd have to know the real her eventually. As the three approached the dragons' den once again Ari noticed Desmond walk up to them. Ariana had to smirk at Desmonds comment on Phineas kidnapping the new guardians. She noticed that the group had gathered rather nicely for the meeting of the newbies. Ariana stepped up to say hello and then ducked as Tyler freaked out for a second. "Woah dude yourself." She said brushing herself up as she stood up. "Hey I'm Ariana, but you can call me Ari! I'm the water guardian. My dragon is over there, his name's Darmith" At the sound of his name the large blue drain lifted his head and then settled down when he saw Tyler and Neela. "My specialty includes something like this" She said as she closed her eyes and opened her palms as water began to form and flow in her hands. Closing them, the water disappeared and she winked at Tyler. "Good luck beating me fire boy" She said teasingly to the fire elemental. Turning to Neela she gave the girl a smile and waved. "Hey, I love your hair, super cute!" Ari flashed her signature smile to try to reassure the guardians that this was real.. and not as terribly scary as it probably seemed.

Duke had left the dragon den for a while to get some water to drink. Fresh out of cigarettes and having been sober for several days, he felt oddly ok with it. He moved through the corridors and whooshy doors back to where Spit was apparently napping. Duke smirked. The big ugly bastard was starting to grow on him and was even, though Spit would never admit it, beginning to treat Duke with some respect. The young man took off at a full blown sprint not making a single sound; being barefoot had its advantages. He wheeled to the right and came up towards the side of his dragon's head that was closest to the ground and leapt with a strong bound from his right leg. He arched his back and rolled mimicking a common technique used in the high jump. He sailed through the air and felt an elation whip through his being because it seemed like he would make it. Unfortunately, this feeling did not last long. Duke jumped a couple of steps short and the arc his body was traveling peaked too soon. "Shit." Duke crashed into the side of Spit's head with his shoulders and tumbled to the ground landing awkwardly on one leg and then collapsing down onto his hands and knees.

Limba roared and shook his head coming to stand to his full height and leer down at his guardian with all four of his creepy glowing purple eyes. What insanity are you up to now?! Duke laughed and stood up slowly. He stretched out his back and arms while turning to look into the maw of his beastly mount. "I wanted to see if I could jump on your head. Calm down, crabby patty. It's not like you got hurt or anything." Duke smacked Spit right on his lip. "I wanna run the gauntlet again so get ready." Duke walked past the massive face and underneath to about the exact middle of Limba's form. The dragon seemed to sigh but dropped his tail down like a ramp and staggered his huge legs so that both right ones were close together and the left ones were far apart. If you insist on constantly training, we're going to have to improve your diet. These Atlantians don't favor much beyond what is in the sea. Perhaps we could escape and hunt some real game.

Duke was listening to the grumbling voice in his head but only in passing bits. He was plugged in to his phone and ready to go. He had switched his playlist up due largely in part to something Achera had said during their spar yesterday. He closed his eyes and shook out his limbs while regulating his breathing to a precise rhythm. His dark eyes popped open and Duke took off at a fast stride. He headed for the right legs where they came together and hopped into the crevice formed. He spider crawled up until he came to the first knee and then climbed up the rough scales until he was on top of the joint. He gauged the distance and leapt on Spit's front leg then began to climb up the huge arm leading to Limba's shoulder. Duke moved with seemingly little effort but was quickly covered in sweat that ran in rivulets along the lines of his well-formed muscles. Up the arm, across the shoulder blades, weaving through the spines, down the other arm and then back up the only limb he hadn't touched yet. This was always the trickiest for the simple matter of fatigue but Duke was doing well. He was only on his third song whereas earlier he was at five songs by this point. Reaching the lower back of the immense creature, Duke easily maneuvered down the tail to the ground and then sprinted back to where Spit could see him. "Whew!" He put his hands on his head and interlaced his fingers. His breathing was twice as fast as when he started.

Not bad, Duke. Now…miasma. The voice in his head hissed. Duke looked up at the purple eyes and was about to complain when he saw Ash flying overhead with her dragon. His eyes followed her and he turned on his heel to see what she was up to. Duke's lips curled in a grin at her bravado. "That chick's somethin' else, I tell ya." He caught sight of the group and several new faces. Spit did not appreciate being ignored and stamped his front foot shaking the ground. Miasma, rodent! Duke turned back to his dragon and smirked. He forced his concentration remembering the day on the platform when he was nearly overwhelmed. He remembered how it felt to release the toxic gas. He closed his eyes and let his hands stretch out to his sides. Soon, a dense purple cloud began to seep from his skin and surround him in a fog. Good. Goooood. Now absorb it back into yourself. Duke lifted and eyebrow. "How am I supposed to do that?" Just imagine it in your mind. All corruption that you create is under your control. If you have enough will, the poison will adhere to it. Duke spent a good five minute surrounded by the foul-smelling gas before it finally began to recede back into his body.

Now he was really tired. Duke was huffing a bit and covered in enough sweat that he looked like he just got out of the shower. He smacked Spit on the leg and started towards the assembled guardians. "Be right back, ya beast." Going to greet your little girlfriend? That's weak. Duke chuckled. "If she heard you say that, she'd try to fry your big ass." Spit reared his head and narrowed his eyes. Ha! I guess you're not the only vermin that thinks they can wrangle with a dragon. Foolish children.

Duke ignored Spit for the time being and unplugged his earbuds letting them drape over his shoulders. He walked briskly up to everyone singing Volbeat, "Counting all the assholes in the room, I'm definitely not alone. I'm not alo-o-o-one," and moved in an arc along the outside. He was pretty dirty and could use a hot shower. He nodded at Tyler who was talking to Phineas. Duke wasn't sure why but he felt like he and Tyler might have something in common. "Sup bro? I'm Duke. Corruption's my thing." Duke extended his hand to shake Tyler's. "So how was your kidnapping experience?"

Neela, for the first time in her life, felt completely out of her depth.

It was all too surreal and if she didn't know better, she would have assumed she was on drugs. But those days were over, yet here she was surrounded by dragons and... people riding dragons? What was this about being a light guardian? What was a guardian anyway? Was she expected to protect something, like the goodness of the world or something equally strange? She had so many questions and no answers at all. Phineas had said they were in Atlantis, the ATLANTIS that had captured her imagination as a child! She purposely distracted her mind from her predicament, admiring the architecture of the hall she was in and the lighting that was eerie but rather cool. Her meandering thoughts were interrupted by a smooth English accent that rang a bell in her mind.

A bright grin overtook her face as she saw who had spoken. "Yep, I know who you are! My little sister is obsessed with you. And thanks for the information, was definitely feeling out of my depth here!" As the earth rumbled and groaned, letting a steel sword form into Desmond's hand and she let out a whistle of appreciation. "Nice one, looks good. Try putting weight on the hilt to make it balanced though. Just a tip!" She couldn't resist, she was unfortunately a little forward with her knowledge of weapons. She was about to add something until a frickin dragon arrived in front of her and she could only gape as a girl made her way down and flashed a bright cheerful smile in their direction. Achera, as she introduced herself, then also showed them the powers that Desmond had mentioned. Electricity looked fun but she couldn't do it, that amount of energy would just be terrifying in her hands.

"Uh, yeah. Hi there, nice... show! And very pleased to meet you, Lunaric." She was as polite as possible when dealing with the dragon, knowing that in the legends they were ferocious and prideful creatures. Personally, she really didn't want to get eaten by a giant electric dragon on her first day! A trio approached a few seconds after and she was beginning to feel inundated by the amount of people around her. She hated to be surrounded in a crowd, you had so little control. "Nice to meet you all. What element do you guys use?

A darker skinned girl headed straight over to her, her hair just as awesome as hers and she grinned at the girl's exuberance. "I'm Neela, apparently the light guardian now. So you're the rock guardian then? What can you do?" She was inundated once again by Ariana, smiling at the compliment on her hair. " Hi, nice to meet you and your awesome aquatic abilities. Yeah, it's really weird. My hair was really dark brown and it's started growing light blonde all by itself. It was so weird but I love it now, suits me much better. Maybe it had something to do with my powers?" She smiled around the group and then noticed she and Tyler had to yet to figure out who their dragons were.
"Hey, Phineas! Do we get to meet our dragons anytime soon?"

Phineas was smiling from ear to ear. Tyler might have been a little defensive but who wouldn't be. "These two are taking it much better then you all did." He teased the group. "As for your question Tyler, yes you can. You both will have quite a bit to catch up on but I'm sure these guy won't mind helping you out." He smiled and addressed Neela's question with a nod. "Well, now actually. You see this is what we call the Dragon's Den. As I'm sure you can already tell, each guardian has his or her own dragon partner for each element. Neela, you're dragon is over there, next to Birch's dragon. And Tyler, your's is next too Darmith, Ariana's dragon. As you can probably tell they both have yet to be awakened. It's simple all you have to do is place your hand on their forehead to awaken them." He smiles and nods to the rest of the group. "Alright guys let's give them some space. Everyone in the powers practice room in 5" He said with a clap of his hands as he walked towards the powers practice room.

Reactions: ≈Evërlastiπg≈
Aria watched the new girl talk to everyone excitedly, skimming right over her. Aria wasn't phased, as this was to be expected. She was usually ignored at school, but this was how she preferred it. The less attention she got, the better she could just blend in. She then listened to Phineas as he gave them their next directions, instructing the group including the new members to be in the powers practice room in five minutes. Looking down at her sleep attire, Aria realized she wasn't properly dressed for the practice. Walking back towards her room, she murmured to nobody in particular that she would be back in a few minutes and left.

Changing back into her jeans and shirt, taking in the quiet in her private room, Aria felt at ease. She could think here. So, she thought about the new guardians. The male, Tyler, seemed to keep to himself and observe from a distance. Even when the other guardians made their way up to introduce themselves, he let the other new guardian, Neela, take the lead and just watched. And despite the hostile aura about him, she felt they could probably be friends if he opened up.

And then, there was Neela. She seemed confident, upbeat, outspoken, and completely unlike Aria in every way. She seemed like a nice person, but Aria couldn't really tell right now, as her first impression of the girl was that she was too full of herself to even acknowledge Aria. She could be completely wrong, of course, but she had to get to know her a bit first.

As soon as her thoughts concluded with Neela, a horrible image crossed her mind. The old fire and light guardians, pale and bled out, lying under a dome of transparent, rock-hard ice. This was the image that had kept her awake for the past few nights, and she couldn't seem to shake it. How Phineas had found these new guardians so quickly was beyond her, but it irked her that they were so replaceable. What could have happened if all of the new guardians had perished in that first battle? Could they have all been replaced, just like that? In a matter of days, could there have been completely new recruits, new bodies ready to be thrown into the same carnage they faced only a few days ago? The thought made her sick, so she pushed the vision out of her mind and finished dressing, heading for the powers training room.

On her way, she remembered she hadn't seen Severin around much since the battle. Other than the required powers practice and dragon time, he had been absent. "Wonder where he was this morning? I didn't see him at the dragon room when the new guardians arrived... Maybe he was hiding?" She mused out loud as she walked. Approaching the practice room, she was grateful to see she was first, and therefore alone. Sighing in relief, she began practicing alone, feeling the gusts of wind from her hands wind their way around her body, the air streams weaving their way through her unruly hair and giving her an overwhelming feeling of calm. Aria was even able to forget her earlier thoughts, concentrating only in the currents of air swirling around her.

Original Recipe or Extra Crispy?, blue
Ash waved down at Tyler and Neela hoping she didnt freak them out too much. She laughed lightly at Neela's "nice show" and Lunaric huffed when she addressed him but she could tell he was liked being respected. The runes on Lu begin to dim once more to their more subtle state since Ash wasnt using electricity anymore. Seeing the others start to chat with the new guardians Ash leans back against Lu's scaly head, there would be plenty of time to get to know the newbies she didnt want to suffocate them. Sighing softly she adjusts the black long sleeve collared shirt she was wearing, the first 2 buttons were undone exposing the upper part of her chest. She was wearing dark gunmetal grey jeans with zip up pockets on the side that clung to her legs nicely, and purple/black sneakers with it.

Lu rumbled beneath her "Hey kid, looks like loverboy is doing another run around with 4 eyes." He announces with heavy saracasm. Rolling her eyes she turns onto her side so she could look down at Limba and Duke. Duke seemed to be using Limba as some kind of giant living gauntlet and Limba looked irritated as usual. She watched the muscle head do his exercise in silence for a moment, she could appreciate his strength though she didnt know why he was working so hard when they had no plans for battle anytime soon. At least she didnt think they did, but with Phineas who knew. When Duke summoned forth a dense purple cloud she grimaced, that stuff looked nasty and she was again glad the man hadnt used his powers in the spar, it would of been a real bitch for her.

While Duke absorbed the cloud back into him Ash patted Lu's head lightly signalling for him to let her down, lowering his massive head to a height she could jump from she slides off to the ground landing on her feet despite the protests from her side. "Thanks Lu, I'm gonna head out with the rest of the guardians. I'll catch ya later big guy, I'll bring your favorite snack too!" Nodding Lu flies back to his place where he circled before laying his large form down. Smiling she turns to see Duke singing along to another random song before introducing himself to the fire guardian. Shaking her head at him she slowly sneaks up behind him, putting her finger to her lips in a signal for the others if they were paying attention to keep quiet. As Ash gets within a foot of his back she suddenly leaps forward tackling him from behind and attempting to put him in a playful headlock, of course she was using her uninjured side to do this

Earth, brown
Birch's eyes went wide at Ariana's shameless words, a light blush succeeding in rising to his cheeks as he clears his throat looking away. "Err umm, sure..." He mumbles as she goes to greet the new guardians. Shoving his hands into his pant pockets with his thumbs out he waits for the others to make their "introductions". Noticing Aria leave pretty early he watches her leave with a slight frown but decides to leave her be, she problay wanted some space.

Once everyone was done with freaking the noobs out he walked over to them with a small but friendly wave. "Birch Guardian, Earth Guardian. Yes I realize the irony of my name." He says lighthearted and slightly husky voice. Looking to Phineas he nods but stays silent

Last edited:
  • Love
Desmond Giles

"These two are taking it much better then you all did."

Desmond heard that and shot off a retort.

"Those two have us to ease us in. All we get is Your Shininess and a mad woman trying to turn us all into pin cushion. It's so nice to see that we are replaceable." Desmond retorted sarcastically as Mithrandier chuckled a bit.

"Your Shininess?" Mithrandir asked.

Desmond shook his head as Phineas call out for power practice as Desmond stretched a bit. He saw Aria already leaving for the practice hall. He followed her up to the practice hall as he watched her utilize her ability to manipulate the winds around her. She looked calm. What Desmond would give to have that calmness right now. Perhaps that's the reason he started to lash out at Phineas more. Nah. Desmond decided to try and work on what Mithrandir said with forged metals. Quickly summoning up some copper and tin, Desmond decided to try to create bronze. Focusing on the two molten metals, Desmond clashed the two together as the metals made a loud crash before it started to rub the opposite way. Desmond kept this up for a few minutes before both metals started to merge into one. Smiling slightly, Desmond quickly mixed the two together quickly and rapidly until the metal no longer looked two colors. He then stopped the metal and spread the metal thin as to cool the metal down before he solidified it.

"Well, I guess friction could be one way of creating the needed heat. I need a faster method though." Desmond muttered as he looked at the bronze at his feet with a slight frown on his face.

Duke and Achera's Spar (yesterday)
Achera, aqua
Achera rolls her eyes at Duke shaking her head slightly at his "supersized" comment. "You know when men brag about that, its usually to compensate for something." She teases a mischievous gleam in her azure eyes as she walks onto the mats cracking her knuckles, still only wearing the gloves. As the music starts playing she tilts her head slightly with a curious expression "Not bad, but why should that be my theme song?"

She asks as she takes a defensive position, her feat were placed with one foot in front and the other behind but a bit off to the side. Her body is on a sideways angle making it harder to land a hit. One fist was raised in front of her face below her eyes while the other was pulled back slightly so it was parallel with her shoulder.

With a grin Ash opens the fist in front of her to make a "come get it" gesture. "Dont worry I wont aim for your ear, I dont fight dirty." She states confidently

Duke, purple
Duke smirked. "If you ask my old man, he'll tell you it's compensation or being half a retard." The bitterness in his voice was not disguised very well and Duke's face darkened wishing he hadn't said anything. He started to walk casually in an arc to his left giving him a chance to size her up. [It's not like he hadn't been checking her out the whole time anyway.] Duke paused and turned to face her. "Are you serious? It because you have lightn-" He put his hand on his face and shook his head. "Nevermind."

He went back to his circling. He kept his hands moving up and down along his body. His footwork was exceptional giving him various angles and stances as he moved. It was subtle but in the process of moving around her, the radius to Achera was slowly shrinking. Duke rolled his head around allowing the tendons to pop in his neck. He grinned at her 'come and get it' wave. "That's cute." He teased. He pushed his lips off to one side and shook his head."You better aim for my ear, Sweet Buns. In the real world, there ain't no such thing as a fair fight."

By now, Duke had made almost a complete circle around Achera. They were roughly six feet apart. Duke made a couple feint steps to test her reactions. After a two of these, he turned and matched her stance. He made two quick steps forward and brought his right up in a rising arc as if so slap her across the face. Duke's hands were not balled up into fists. He would slap box with Achera because he didn't want to hurt her should he land any strikes. His left hand was waiting by his cheek in case he needed to defend himself

Achera, aqua
Ash rolls her eyes at Duke rolling her shoulders to loosen up a bit as he circles her, her azure eyes never leaving him keeping her eyes keen to his every movement. She raises an eyebrow at his "sweet buns" comment, making a "pff" noise. "Good I live in my own world then, huh?" She counters with a bit of sass.

When Duke feints she tenses her muscles but doesnt move from her position waiting for him to get in range first. When he goes to slap her a small smirk comes to her lips. Holding still till his hand is less than 4 inches from her face Ash finally acts with surprising speed. Grabbing his wrist with the hand in front of her face before he could slap her she holds onto it as she turns so her back is now to Duke. Simultaneously she slips her leg behind Duke's right one as she keeps hold of his wrist so he cant pull away. Using Duke's weight against him coupled with her momentum she pulls his leg out from under him and pushs back against him causing them both to fall back. With her free arm she elbows Duke in the ribs as they hit the mat.

A grin comes to her lips "I aint your sweet anything bud. And I never said we were just boxing." She says confidently before releasing Duke and rolling off him onto her knees if he let her

Duke, purple
Duke wraps his arms around Achera once she turns her back to him. He squeezes and pulls her against his chest and takes a deep breath. "Damn, you smell good." Back they go. His shoulders land on the mat first and that's fine except her elbow lands in the hole left where one of those things bit him. That didn't feel so good. Duke loosens his grip and Achera tries to roll away. Duke extends both arms in a snap motion catching the collar of her tank top and sports bra in his left hand and the waistline on the back of her pants in his right. His fists grip tight and yank her tiny frame back twisting her body so that she is across his chest. He bench presses her rapidly a few times with ease making sure to use proper form and 'pop' the last inch or two before full extension. "You should really learn to take a compliment, chica." When he goes to push her up a fifth time, he releases his grip at the height of his arms' reach throwing her skyward. He rolls out of the way to his left and bases up into a four-point stance. Just as she is about to hit the ground, Duke dives forward with a balled fist and a solid forearm aiming to catch her on the collarbone and slam her to the mat

Achera, aqua
When Duke caught hold of Ash's waistband and tank she expected him to throw he back against the mat or put her in some kind of lock. She totally didnt expect him to easily lift her above him and start bench pressing her like she was 50 pounds instead of well over 100. Growling she tries to pry his grip lose but fails miserably. "You. Are. So. Dead. DUKE!" She said with each time he pushed her up, shouting at the end as he tossed her into the air leaving her to free fall to the mat. 'Why you lil....'

At least Ash thought he was gonna let her free fall but she glimpsed him take a four point position with his fist balled. Twisting so she wouldnt land on her back she saw Duke rushing her just as he leg touched the mat 'Oh dont you even...' Yup he did, he totally slammed her to the mat knocking the air out of her via a way too strong forearm.

Glaring up at the brute Ash forces a few deep breaths to catch her breath. "Well then give me a compliment I can take." She states sassily giving him a wink before her right fist strikes out punching Duke right in the space between the side ribs and the hip. The hit packing more heat than expected. As hes distracted with that Ash quickly bends her legs up to kick Duke off, her knees pushing against his chest first before he feet push off his abdomen.

Before Duke can make a comeback Ash makes a "time out" gesture with her hands. "Hold up Buster, my turn for the tunes." She says with a smile before hopping up to her feet which succeeded in getting a faint grimace from her as her side throbbed something fierce. She ignored it though, she didnt want the fight to end just yet. Walking over to where she put her phone by the punching bag she jogs back to the mat while scrolling through it.

Pausing the music on Duke's phone she sets hers beside his just as her playlist starts. Looking up at him she smirks slightly before going back to the same position she had been when they first started their "tussle" but instead of the fist right in front of her face, her arm is outstretched toward Duke still in a fist playful light in her azure eyes.

Duke, purple
[I love the mashup song!!]

Duke saw how hard he had brought Ash down against the mat and sucked in a breath. He hoped he didn't hurt her. His head popped up exposing his side and she winked then busted him right next to his bite wound. He grimaced after being hit in the same wound twice already. Her next move was not totally unpredictable and Duke was able to play into it. When she tucked her legs up to kick him off, he settled his weight down. With her feet in his lower abdomen and her knees in his chest, he wrapped his arms outside her legs and gripped the top of her mid thighs. He pulled back with his arms keeping her legs folded for a moment and pushed forward with his legs bringing his face over hers. He smiled his signature grin and locked eyes with Achera. With a bright twinkle behind his brown orbs, he let a few thoughts having a lot to do with her body being folded and her legs in the air run past his mouth and through his mind. "A better compliment, then. Alright. You're the only woman I've ever met who makes me care what she thinks about me."

[If'n you want ze drama; ask about his mother]

Duke released his grip and allowed himself to be kicked away. It was more just a big hop backwards with some assistance. Achera called timeout and said something about changing the music. Duke shrugged and swung his arms around stretching. He watched her move around and noticed the grimace on her face when she got to her feet. Duke found himself drawn in by the subtle grace of Ash's movements. He'd never sparred with a chick before; had never even considered it. After seeing Achera go ham sammich on the soul suckers, he felt she deserved a chance to get whooped on by the Psycho. Plus, there was always the not-so-hard-to-pull-off 'accidental contact' which Duke still planned to implement if given the right opening. His ears perked hearing her music choice. He curled his upper lip in a 'blech' pose. "Techno's only cool if you're rollin' but" he shrugged his big shoulders "if you want your ass beat to it, I will oblige." The biggest smart-ass grin he could muster crawled across his face

Achera, aqua
Achera rolls her eyes at Duke's "better" compliment, not believing it for a second. She knew his type, the smooth talker that went from bimbo to bimbo faster than a tom cat. Only finding true interest in the girl he cant have, which at the moment seemed to be her.
Achera, aqua

Hopping from foot to foot slightly to get her blood going she laughs lightly. "Thats not real Techno. And I dont wanna hear your remarks to my taste in music Mr. Beefed up version of Slim Shady." She quickly retorts, a teasing light in her eyes. "Besides, my playlist is a little more random than yours." As she says that the Techno song ends and Invincible starts, a grin comes to her lips.

Her eyes watch Duke's movements intently as she starts to backtrack in a semi-circle around him. Once she gets about halfway around she suddenly rushes forward with a punch aimed for his cheek. Just as she would make contact with either his cheek or his counter she suddenly stops and drops down smoothly making a swiping kick for Duke's legs aiming to knock him to the mat. If Duke looked at her leg he would see small sparks of electricity surrounding it

Duke, purple
Duke let his arms swing back and forth and shook out his hands. He tossed his head back and laughed then leveled his gaze to her eyes. "Ok. You figured me out, sweetness." He started to match her circling with a mirror step. "Except I don't work out to Miles Davis or the Beatles or any of the other hundreds of artists that I listen to…but yeah, you nailed it." He gave her a very sarcastic look. Duke had to admit, he was very much enjoying himself with this girl. However, he was anticipating at some point, one of them would get mad because a punch landed too perfectly.
Duke, purple
Duke didn't dodge the shot to his cheek. He wanted to see what sort of power she hd and for a woman her size, she packed a punch but it was barely enough send a shock through his well-beaten jaw. He saw her shoulders drop as Ash began her leg sweep. Thanks to a few street fights with Asians, Duke had the perfect counter. He dropped to the knee of the leg she was aiming for. The kick would connect with his thigh but be ineffective except for the mild shock he received. His arm would come down to try and wrap around her calf. His other hand would snake forward in an attempt to grasp her same side arm under the shoulder. If he is able to get both holds, Ash would find out what it's like to be flung across a room

Achera, aqua
Achera gnashed her teeth as her kick connected with his thigh instead of his ankles like she aimed for 'Guess he knows a few tricks of his own...' Ash let him grab her calf preparing to kick him off with her other leg. But she wasnt expecting him to grab her arm on the same side. Frowning she was gonna give him a nice right hook to the jaw with her free hand but before she could she was suddenly being thrown through the air 'Fuck!'

Landing hard a couple yards away from Duke she was face down but her forearms were against the floor so she didnt face plant. But that didnt help much when a sharp molten pain shot through her wounded side completely overriding the aches from her fall. Instinctively she presses her left hand against her side gritting her teeth as she faced the ground. Her tank was wet, her palm quickly turning crimson. 'Shit...shit...That does it!' Growling low in her throat she pushes herself up with her other hand forcing herself to her feet.

Ash was panting lightly her face a little pale as she kept her left hand against her side. Suddenly red electricity starts to spark around her before scarlet currents start to swirl tightly around her limbs, Ash was pissed. In a flash of speed she suddenly rushes forward straight for Duke, she starts to throw a punch aimed for his gut but at the last second shoots her first skyward in a powerful uppercut aimed for his chin

Duke, purple
Duke grimaced when she hit the mat. He didn't mean to throw her that hard and when he saw the pain shoot across her face; Duke felt really bad and started walking towards her. "Hey, maybe we sh-" He stopped when she started cursing and took a step back. "Oh boy…" He braced himself for a rage-filled attack from Achera. She rose to her feet and Duke saw the blood seeping from her tank top. He dropped his guard but not completely. "Let me take a look at that." He motioned towards her open wound but she didn't hear him.

Red lightning began to crackle around her arms and legs. Even though it was incredibly sexy, Duke knew better than to let himself be distracted. He was going to have to be careful not to fry himself and not to get angry and expose his powers, too. When Achera charged, Duke sat his weight back in preparation for the impending onslaught. The simple strike was easy to block, he crossed his arms down in front of his chest so when she converted to an uppercut, her arm was wedged between his. The electricity filled his body making his hair stand up. Duke held her arm and tried to twist her around so her back would rest against his chest. His other hand sought to capture her free arm. "Ash! Chill! Timeout!" Duke protested and struggled with her. His muscles clenched and spasmed mildly but he fought through the pain. There was a slight enjoyment on his face for a while but as the struggle continued, he began to weaken and feel the strange machinations develop. Prolonged exposure to electrical shock creates rolling numbness, loss of muscle control, lock jaw and eventually disruption of vital functions such as the brain and heart

Achera, aqua
Achera was too pissed and in too much pain to really pay attention to Duke's words before she rushed him. When he caught her arm between his she struggled against him to break free but the big brute had some series muscles. Growling she goes to sucker punch him but suddenly his other hand clamps onto her wrist thoroughly restraining her arms as her electricity sizzled and popped around them.

Finally Duke's shouted words got through to her as she realized she was electrocuting him, which she really hadnt meant to do. In an instant she stops struggling and her electricity starts to recede before fading completely. Ash was panting hard her back against Duke's chest since he still had her arms locked down. 'Oh crap...' Looking back and up at Duke she wasnt glaring anymore, in fact she looked worried. "Ah Duke im sorry! I didnt mean to fry you, I wasnt....Sorry. You can let go now, are you okay?" She starts off worried and apologetic but ends in a low mumble as she hangs her head. The adrenaline was starting to run out as her vision started to blur around the edges. Ash suddenly felt ice cold but to Duke she would feel unnaturally hot

Duke, purple
Duke was burning up inside but his skin was cold and dry. The electrical current had frayed his nerves and was causing him to shake. He could not let go of Achera (not that he minded). His hands and parts of his arms had blisters and second degree burns from thee intense exposure to her power. Duke forced a smile as his eyes drooped. "Don't act like you don't like being in my arms." His voice was soft and crackled from dry mouth.

An intense spasm shook him to his core and his hold tightened around her. Duke had long ago perfected the art of playing dead. (that is a story for another time.) He looked into her cool blue eyes and saw the concern she held. "It's like my arms were made to hold you...Pretty...Eyes..." Just like that, Duke passed out. His slumped into her neck and then his muscles relaxed. When his arms fell, he slid off of her shoulder an's into a heap on the mat. His breathing stopped and his heart beat would not be foundthrough his thick chest

Achera, aqua
Frowning Ash looked at Duke's arms around her, seeing the blisters and severe burns she felt a stab of guilt in the pit of her stomach. 'What did I do...' her concern overrode her guilt as Duke spoke right before his arms tightened around her in a spasm. Looking up into his deep brown eyes she didnt know what to do "When your fried up like a Eggo waffle thats been in the toaster way too long, ya I can. You need help!" She responded with obvious worry and guilt in her voice.

And when Duke collapsed against her she felt like she just felt into a glacier, the cold dread washing over her in waves as memories come rushing back to her like stabs in the dark. Right before the hunk of muscle hit the floor Ash caught him against her, thought not for long as the giants weight was too much for her. Determined not to let him fall and get hurt anymore she slowly lowers him to the floor on his back.

Quickly Ash put her hand in front of his lips to check his breathing 'No...no no no...' her eyes tearing up she presses her ears against Duke's chest looking for a heartbeat. 'He cant....' Sitting back up her hands clench into fists. "Duke you big ass brute you better not be dead or I'm gonna bring you back to life just to geld you!" She shouts in anger and sadness before an idea comes to mind. Reaching down she presses her index and middle finger against the inside of his wrist desperately searching for a pulse. For a few seconds that felt more like hours there was nothing, until a strong beat pushed against her fingers.

The rush of relief was too much, the only thing that had been keeping Ash upright was the fear and adrenaline of Duke's life in peril. Now that she knew he was alive her body refused to obey her. With a heavy sigh of relief she collapses on top of Duke's chest/abdomen. Her mind felt sluggish and her vision was more shadows and blurs than anything tangible

Duke, purple
Duke felt her small frame catch and lower him to the ground. It was very hard to remain in character. A piece of him felt horrible that he was playing this joke on her. The sadness in her voice, the concern, made his chest ache. Holding his breath, his cheek muscles began to twitch but the ruse had worked as the shadow of her hand passed over his face. Her curly hair tickled him through the thin material of his shirt. The feeling of her head laying upon his chest had a strange impact on Duke. He couldn't explain it or even think about it. All he could do was feel; revel in the moment and hate himself for the childish prank he was playing. Once her fingers wrapped around his wrist, he exhaled the breath he had been holding and inhaled sharply; Achera's scent filling his brain with more conundrums of self-worth and loathing.
Duke, purple
He opened his eyes to see her slide down over top of him and started to grin but stopped. No perverse thoughts rushed into his mind's eye, no cheap banter bubbled to his lips nor did his body react the way he would expect when in such an intimate moment with a beautiful woman. Duke's mind was calm and his body was still. He stared at her and felt like something inside of him; deep down where no lights dare to shine, was broken. He shifted his arms so his elbows came to his sides and lifted himself into a propped position. He twisted his torso so his weight rested on one arm allowing the other to wrap around her shoulders and cradle her against him.

"Hey." Duke voice had a static rattling inside of it. He realized he was dying for a drink of water [perhaps that's what happens when an electric current of untold power burns through your body]. He cleared his throat before continuing. "I'm sorry if I scared you I…" The pause was not to decide if he should tell her the truth but if now was a good time for it. "I'm gonna take you to get some stitches, Achera." Even though he was weak, he still had enough strength to lift her arm around his neck. Duke hesitated. That was first time he had ever said her name and not used some smart-ass phrase. All of his movements were slow and deliberate. Duke slid his body out from underneath her creating a base that he could use to stand up. His arms gently positioned behind her knees and under her arm and around her back. He rose and felt the burning signature of a Charlie horse in his legs. Duke ignored it and was soon on his feet with the nearly unconscious girl in his arms like a drunk girlfriend or a sleeping child. He arched his back until her head gently rolled against his chest and settled into a spot where she wouldn't be affected by any change in direction.

Duke started to walk away and then remembered his phone and turned to see it sitting next to hers. "Fuck." It came out as a harsh whisper. He strode over to the devices and knelt down allowing his raised knee to support Achera. He quickly pocketed both phones and rose again taking a firm hold of her once more. He made his way to an elevator and hit the red cross button.

+++++​

Duke sat on the outside of the curtain that separated him from Achera and the medical staff who were taking care of her. He had refused treatment several ties for his burns. The last time, his eyes flashed purple and no one had been back o talk to him since. He stared at the blisters and destroyed skin and idly picked at it with acid-tipped fingers. The way he saw things at present, he deserved the pain and mild disfiguration. He was weighing when he would tell her about his idea to play dead. He had single earbud in and was listening to his guilty pleasure of emotional and sad songs

Achera, aqua
Achera felt like she ran a 20k without a drop to drink then picked a fight with the Undertaker and lost. 'Undertaker....' Speaking of giant muscle men, one seemed to rise back to life as Duke sat up and apologized. Her mind was too foggy for her to really understand the situation or why he was apologizing so all she did was give a small smile. At the mention of stitches she groans giving him a petulant but somewhat comical pout. She was gonna protest to him carrying her but soon found she couldnt move a muscle let alone walk.

Which gave her a strong sense or vulnerability, embarrassment, and helplessness as Duke easily collected her and started for the elevator. Despite those feelings tho Ash couldnt help but feel safe and....Warm? In his strong arms, it helped with the fact her skin was highly sensitive right now, most likely due to her electro-fit.

"Fuck." The sudden harsh word brought her out of her half-conscious state for a few moments as she blinks up at him. "Wha-" She croaked, her throat felt bone dry. But her question was answered as Duke picked up both their phones. Blinking hard Ash tries to stay awake but her thoughts kept drifting, she couldnt seem to keep a hold of one for more than a second, it was like trying to hold onto water but it keeps slipping through your fingers. Soon after her vision went completely dark, the last thing she thought was Duke smelled really nice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Achera came awake to a whole jumble of voices around her along with a whole truckload of pain. Gritting her teeth she groans and theres suddenly multiple hands tugging at her clothes. A sound of scissors snipping through something and suddenly she was shirtless. Finally she forced her azure eyes to open only to be blinded by a bright fluorescent light. Squinting she looks up to see a bunch of Atlantean nurses working on her along with what seemed like a doctor. They were asking her questions but she didnt pay attention, her mind was focused only on one thing.

"Duke! Wheres Duke??" When they kept on telling her to relax and let them take care of her she sat up wincing against the pain in her side as she felt the familiar warmth of blood running over her skin. "I wont let you treat me unless I know Duke is alright!" She nearly shouts though her voice was hoarser than normal. With obvious aggravation the doctor pulls the curtain back just enough to let her see Duke on the other side listening to music in one ear. Making eye contact with him she lets out a sigh of relief but frowns seeing he was still injured. Her relief soon turned to anger as she glared into his brown orbs. "Duke let them help you, if you do-if you-you-dont..." Her words were becoming slurred and her eyes felt heavy, she couldnt seem to get the words out as she collapsed back against the bed. A nurse moved away from her IV tossing a syringe into the trash as she did so 'Ah hell....' and just like that Ash was out, the nurse knocked her out with a good dose of Morphine
[/fieldset]

Duke, purple
Duke sat still in quiet contemplation of everything that had happened over the last few days. Sure, he had been kidnapped and whisked away to a world he never knew existed; a world that was relying on him to save it. Yeah, it was weird and different and a bit unnerving. However, he was informed he had super powers, gets to ride a frickin' dragon and to top it all off… there's a really hot chick that doesn't need to be hammered to like him. In truth, Duke had no real reason to want to go back to his old life. He had a few friends but no one who needed him. As the song played out, Duke cleared his throat and cemented the decision to accept what was going down, be a team player and if necessary, he would do it by himself. Duke did not want the last part to ever happen. A lot of the guardians seemed to be pretty cool and he had grown rather fond of Achera (and not just because she was fun to look at).
Duke, purple
As if she knew he was thinking about her, he heard her voice, tired and raspy, call his name. He sat upright half rising to his feet before the curtain was pulled back which halted his action. His eyes went wide for a moment seeing her in just a sports bra. "Wow." He finally gets off the bench and to his feet. He takes a step towards her but her stare catches him and he stops in his tracks again. Hearing her threaten him, Duke just smiles his signature charm and tilts his head as she dozes off. "Poor firecracker, all doped up and no music to dance to." He steps forward pulling her phone from his pocket. He stretches the earbuds out and starts towards her when a nurse shoves him in the gut. "You can't be in here." Duke frowns and holds up the device. "I just want to give her this; it'll keep her relaxed longer." The nurse frowns and pushes his chest but Duke refuses to yield even an inch.

"Trust me." Duke gives the nurse a wink and leans forward against her outstretched arm. The tiny blue-haired woman can't stop Duke so she rolls her eyes and moves off to one side. Duke hits play on Achera's phone, a playlist called 'Chillin'' and sets it on her mattress. He then gently tucks in her ear buds. He straightens up to stare down at her for a moment before being shoved out by two nurses. The curtain closes and duke sits back down. He leans his head back and falls asleep. While he is out, they treat his burns with silver sulfide

(And now present day...)

• Love
((Grrr BB codes dont like me, well I tried lol. This is the music Duke was listening to in the hospital, it didnt let me add it to the other post))

T Y L E R █ G R E G O R Y

At the entrance of the singing dude, Tyler steeled himself with indifference. Not that he was really that interested in the guy in the first place. But if he paid to much attention to the guy, he would lose whatever leverage that he already had. Sheep don't stare at wolves, and as much as he hated to admit it, at the moment, he was a sheep. The guy fit the bill when it came to top dog inmates, and who knows? He might be the whole leader of this squad. So instead of glaring at the guy, or ignoring him, Tyler nodded at the other guy and quietly shared his kidnapping experience, but not all of the details.
"Got nabbed by some blue haired chick in a taxi."

The young man saw no reason to indulge them in where he was getting the taxi to and why. He didn't know the individual situations of these people but he highly doubted that any of them had gone to prison. Well other than the singer--Duke. He wasn't about to share his origins with a bunch of strangers. No way in hell.

Acknowledging Phineas' information on the dragons, Tyler walked slowly, and cautiously to where the fire dragon lay. It was a massive beast with dark red scales and what seemed to be molten lava flowing through it's belly. It had horns around it's head and horns on its knees--Or whatever it was that dragon's had. It's tail was forked and was laying curled behind it. A piece of paper sat in front of the creature and Tyler picked it up slowly. Even if the guy had said they were asleep, Tyler wasn't about to make any sudden moves.

"Shula, Fire Element Dragon, wing span 405, height 300, weight 9,850 lbs." He murmured and reached forward slowly to place his palm on the dragon's forehead, taking care not to accidentally impale himself on it's horns.

The dragon's eyes fluttered open almost immediately, and with slow and deliberate movements, the dragon soon sat in front of Tyler in a catlike position, with her forked tail wrapped around her. The beast stared down at the young man, it's eyes narrowed in a scrutinizing manner.

She. Not 'it'. My name is Shula, and you will address me as such. My former partner called me Lala, but as we are not close, you will address me by my full name at all times. I have only a few rules that will be vital in our partnership, so listen closely.

One, I don't lower myself to commoner standards. I don't play. I don't joke. And I definitely do not allow children to ride me like that imbecile Hallvaror.

Across the room, a gigantic brown dragon raised its head and huffed in their direction. Tyler assumed that must have been the 'imbecile'.

Two, this is a strictly business like relationship. There will be no sympathetic boohooing when tragedy strikes. I'm not going to be your emotional safety blanket.

Three, I won't have my reputation tarnished because you're a fool who can't control his powers. We will start training immediately.

The list of rules went on for about fifteen minutes, with Tyler listening to every single demand no matter how rigid and life sucking they were. Its not as though this new role was supposed to be fun. The key word is 'guardian' was 'guard' and Tyler knew from experience that guarding was not fun. Most of the time the guards at prison only got onto the career path because it paid well and they couldn't do much else or they were police academy failures.

When Shula finally finished her list, Tyler nodded and simply said, "Okay." This answer seemed to surprise the dragon, but she soon got over it and stood up a little straighter, her scaly lips curling into a smirk.

Alright then. Well let's get started. Show me what you can do, boy.

B I A N C A █ K A E L I

"Talk to you later!" Bianca called to the light guardian over her shoulder as she hoofed it to the practice room. It wasn't that she didn't want to stay and talk to the new girl--Cause she totally did--but she also really wanted to improve on her powers. The situtation with Desmond had caused her to avoid the chance of being in the same room as him, so she had avoided practicing. It was safe to say that she was a bit rusty.

Upon entering the practice hall, Bianca jumped right into forming shields. By now she knew that she could create armor, but she also new she could make shields and she wasn't very good at that. Plus she wanted to work on using the shields as projectiles. If she could make enough mini discs she could use them as throwing star type things.

"Alright," She said to herself quietly and tried to think about making a large shield, like the type spartan soldiers used. What she got was a stupidly thin medium sized plate, that crumbled as soon as she readied to toss it across the room. "O-okay, let's do this again." She grumbled.

• Love
Duke stood there a moment but had noticed that Tyler had adverted himself elsewhere when he walked up. He scowled at this but thought about it for a moment thinking back to his initial impression of the new fire guardian. It was not uncommon for people who had been institutionalized to avoid direct confrontation even if it is a healthy one. Duke's court-appointed head shrink told him that. Still, dude could've said 'Hi, my name is..'. Duke promptly retracted his unshaken hand back towards his face. He twisted his hand mid motion allowing his index finger to point after Tyler while he was walking away. "Dick." Duke said very matter-of-factly.

Duke turned to head over to the light guardian. He hadn't really paid her any mind but was about to until a weight landed on his shoulders and an arm wrapped round his neck. Duke staggered forward a few steps until he regained his balance. He reached one hand back grabbing a well-formed thigh and the other up to grasp the arm against his throat. Before he reacted violently, a familiar smell drifted into his nostrils and Duke's serious express was replaced by a bit of red in his cheeks and a smile. Duke ran his fingers along her arm and then reached back getting hold of the other leg giving Achera plenty of support. "Hey, beautiful, coming to finish me off?" Duke snickered to himself and squeezed her leg. "How's your side?"

He could feel her clothes stick to his skin and the layers of sweat that covered him. It made him shift slightly. Then he heard Phineas talk about powers practice. Duke had been doing that all morning and debated just going to take a shower instead. He spun around in a slow circle watching everyone and wondered what Ash was going to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Pyralithia
Caspera the friendl-Bzzzzz-The Lightning Demon, blue
Ash giggled loosening her hold on Duke so she was more like hugging him now, she was gonna answer him when the smell hit her, then the sweat. Letting him go she quickly backs away as she covers her nose making a childish "Ewww!" sound. "Gah Duke you stink, I swear every time you let loose that purple fog you smell like sulfur after. And your all sweaty, bleh. Off to the shower with you, shoo shoo!' She grouses though theres a teasing tone to it and a playful light in her eyes as she flicks her hands toward the sweaty hulk in a "shoo" gesture. A smile was still on her lips though, she enjoyed teasing the big guy for reasons completely unknown to her. "Ah my side? Still feels a little like I got partially sish-kabobed by a particularly angry bull named Duke." She teases playfully then shakes her head before answering him honestly. "Nah, its okay. Throbs a bit but if I keep it mellow-" Ash cuts Lunaric a pointed look that he ignored. "Today I should be fine. What about you? Hows the burns?' Her eyes show shame and guilt as she looks down toward his hands[/fieldset[

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Duke Nukem, orange
Duke was comfortable with Ash clinging to him but apparently she was not. He let her slip away feeling the air his damp skin which sent a chill up his spine. He turned to face the bright-eyed girl and listened to her rant with a half-sneer. "Listen, Loca. The smell is from Spit…he seems to ooze the stuff." He took a quick whiff of his shoulder and did also not the sour smell. He shrugged partially because he was getting used to it and also because he didn't feel like it was a huge deal. He batted gently at her hands as she tried to shoo him away with his last attempt aiming to grab her wrist and pull her close. "Hey, you mess with the bull; you get the horns." He winked and held a hand up for her to see. "All better." Duke looked down at the young woman. "About that shower… you see, I have a fear of water. Will you come and keep me safe?" He smiled a charming grin as a mischievous light danced in his eyes.

• Love
Reactions: Pyralithia
Status
Not open for further replies.