Ataratheh: The Order of the Flowing Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.
HUMAN

Name: Charleston Fuego
Body type: Muscular
Height: 5' 5"

Personality:
Charles' usual optimism darkens only when hunting the Ataratheh. He values life in all forms which is why having to kill the creatures leaves him hollow inside. But he knows backing out from the hunt is not an option if he truly wants to save his beloved Mistress from death. Surely the life of a human being is much more precious than an mermaid beast... right?

Despite the moral turmoil in himself, he strives to be good-natured and charming especially with the ladies, the best distraction. He perfected the art of looking innocent which is probably why he can get away with anything.

Although he is completely loyal to his Mistress, he thrills in having to defy the government. He looks down on the public institution and would rather help the less unfortunate in his own direct way. He thinks greedy people are disgusting.​

Bio:
Charles was one of the few survivors of the sunken Christina. His parents and young sister were to migrate to Benekta if it weren't for the storm that claimed their lives and the others on board the ship.

Already an orphan at eight, he was taken in by Mistress Victoria Abene, a rich widow who inherited her late husband's dye business. Although he was a servant of the Abene household, the Mistress treated him like family. Likewise, the orphan treasured her like a grandmother.

Ten years later, the Mistress fell into a mysterious illness that not even the best healers of Benekta can diagnose. All that was certain was that if not cured soon, she will die a slow, painful death.

Charles' despaired of having to lose his Mistress forever until news of the Ataratheh's healing scales reached their ears. The Mistress spent half of her fortune for Ataratheh scales only to realize that its powder only relieved her of her sickness temporarily. To keep both her life and lifestyle, she ordered Charles to hunt the creatures himself on a regular basis.​

Other:
If given a chance, he would rather steal the scales.

Last edited by a moderator:
(I derped and put protagonist.)
Hey, Miss Panda, would you mind if I played a key antagonist? Cause I have two ideas. Either a Captain or a Doctor. Both male, since theres like.....2 or 3 guys here and more women. Try and keep it even for everyone. But would that be a problem for me to play that part? I can talk things in the plot over with you if I'm worried you may not like it, or you can nudge me to do this or that if need be. :D Pwease~

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my goodness! I am so sorry about my lack of response. I haven't been getting notifications for this thread for some strange reason. Mistress, you are accepted. Osiris... Put up a CS and we'll see:P

Reactions: 2 people
Well this seems fine and dandy, I think I'll watch and maybe sign up later.

Name: Morice Famblebanter
Human Appearance (When you have legs. Again, pictures are best.):upload_2014-1-24_21-13-2.jpeg minus the umbrella
Body Type:Tall and lanky
Height: 6'7
Personality: Fun and spontaneous, often seen as just a care free. Is often smiling and only acts serious in the middle of a heist.
Bio: Morice Famblebanter is a name he gave himself when he swore to break free from Ataratheh tradition. When the hunt began Morice knew that things were gonna get bad and quick, so he quickly slipped in with the humans and lived in the slums for quite some time. This is where he learned to be a thief, the slums were a dog eat dog kind of place, and he wasn't ready for that kind of situation. He had to learn to steal so that he could eat, and he realized that his magic made him rather adept at it too. With this realization he quickly rose to the top of human society by robbing house blind, and while most people suspected him of being a thief none could ever place the blame on him.
Magic:The ability to cast simple illusions that often distract guards and make him less noticeable
Other:He has a rather fondness for walking in the rain and then drinking a hot beverage next to a fireplace in his home

and submit

EEEK YAY. A male Ataratheh that's not eaten :D

I feel like I missed either an important plot detail or a silly joke there. I'm gonna assume that that's a yes

Nothing it just means that your man must've always been single as Ataratheh mate like Black Widows in the context where they eat their mates.

I apparently need to reread that, but sure why the hell not. I just thought there needed to be at least one male Ataratheh.
Thanks for telling me.

It's cool. I just was happy to have at least one male.

I'm so sorry, but, I must back out of this role play. :(
Life has taken a turn for the worst and I can't handle the current number of threads.
My apologies and I wish this thread the best! :)

I'm so sorry, but, I must back out of this role play. :(
Life has taken a turn for the worst and I can't handle the current number of threads.
My apologies and I wish this thread the best! :)

So sorry to hear that, but I can understand.

Hope things get better. c:

I'm thinking on a...bounty hunter character. Male or female; your preference. I'll work on a CS by tomorrow, probably.

Name: Dabney Hunter
Appearance (I would prefer a picture but if you don't have one, describe it very well.):
Beggar_with_a_Lyra,_by_Svishchev-Paola_1900s.jpg

(Credit: "Beggar with a Lyra" by Nikolay Svishchev-Paola, found on Wikimedia Commons)
Body type: Slim and frail (malnourished)
Height: 5'7"
Personality: Courteous and timid. Tries to do what's right, but is a coward.
Bio: Dabney grew up as a poor orphan. When begging was slow, he would often spend a few nights in jail for stealing food. When the storm revealed the Ataratheh to the world and the hunt began, Dabney viewed them as kindred spirits despised and abandoned by society. For this reason, he will provide what little help he can to those sympathetic to their cause and use his position as an ignored "untouchable" to overhear what bits of information he can pass on. Unfortunately he's spent almost his whole life looking out for himself, and being the only person to do so. This will be reflected in his actions when appropriate.
Other: He can often be found passed out in back alleys or underways, as he cannot fall asleep himself. His mother's passing from malnutrition and subsequent burial during his denial phase has led to him developing taphophobia (fear of the grave or being buried alive) and - relatedly - somniphobia (fear of sleep).

Human {I am assuming this is all medieval/Renaissance era}

Name: James "J" Lee Bluman

Appearance (I would prefer a picture but if you don't have one, describe it very well.):
What he looks like: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/dawnrocks/Fantasy Art/Medieval_Archer_by_Son8of8Man.jpg

Body type: Shoulders are averagely-wide, and he stands at about 6' 2". Built well, somewhat wiry. Piercing green eyes,
Height: 6' 2"
Personality: To be rped, please? Not good at keeping to a pre-designed personality.
Bio:
J grew up on the outskirts of the city, where one can reach the forest and run and run, endlessly, it seems. His parents were poor, so he was poor, so everything he had, his toys, his clothing, his bed, all cheap, or home-made.

Little city problems affected James, as he spent most of his time in the forest, first playing, the foraging and playing, then foraging and crafting random items. As he grew older, he began to hunt. First he would use the cheapest weapon in his sector: A slingshot. With the meat of animals helping his family, and the furs being sold, he slowly began building up his own collection of money. Before he was 16, he was able to purchase a higher quality of bowstring, different wood-polishes, and a bit of leather, and he soon crafted his own longbow.

With his new longbow, he began building up his strength to use it completely and fully. By age 20, he was able to fully draw it, if for a short amount of time. By the time he was 22, he became known in his neighborhood/sector, and started up his own 'shop,' of sorts. He hunted for a living and sold hand-made knives, bows, or tools on the side.

So now he's saved up a bit, from making customly-awesome bows, so he can now explore the city.
Other:

I'm going to finish tomorrow, going to bed right now. Is this good what I have so far, though? Or what must be changed?

Last edited:
Human {I am assuming this is all medieval/Renaissance era}
Personality: To be rped, please? Not good at keeping to a pre-designed personality.

Same here.
When an rp begins, I find it hard to stick to a certain personality.
But once you get to know your character well, you'd get used to it.
I do those interview with a character thingies when I'm having trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.