Ataratheh: The Order of the Flowing Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LittleRedPanda

Original poster
In a parallel universe, there is a city much like the Venice in our world. It is named Benetka and it is a very dark and mysterious town, riddled with crimes stemming out from the underways, alleyways, and vast caverns surrounding the waterways. But the city has a bigger problem. Ever since anyone can remember, the people of Benekta have known to stay out of the polluted water of the canals. Why you ask? Not much was known about the creatures that live in the canals and underwater cave systems beneath the city. They've never even been seen. The only thing that has been known is that they strip the bones, of any living creature dropped into the water, of their flesh in under 10 seconds. But all that changed 5 years ago when Benetka had a particularly nasty summer storm. Three of these deadly creatures were found tangled in a toppled fishing dock after the clouds broke and their identities became known to the world. The creatures were in fact, humanoid fish. Much like what we in our world call 'mermaids'. However, these mermaids don't fit your fantasy of lovely women with fish tails. They are called the Ataratheh (uh-tar-uh-thay). These Ataratheh are animals, eating their mates like Black Widows and anything else that comes their way. The creatures have pale green flesh, glassy white eyes, and mouths that split their face practically in half, filled with rows of razor sharp teeth.

The captured Ataratheh were taken to the palace to be experimented upon. The results were promising. Ataratheh scales were found to be extremely valuable. Grinding them and ingesting the powder would cure just about any disease known to man, including what closely resembles cancer in our world. The tests also uncovered the fact that the Ataratheh have magical abilities, the extent of which, are not known. Yet, when one of the injured creatures escapes on legs she seemingly grew out of thin air, an open season is declared upon the Ataratheh by the palace: find, hunt, kill any and all Ataratheh for their scales and you will be rewarded a hefty price.

Now the Ataratheh have been hunted to the brink of extinction. If any of them are left, they are either hiding deep within the canals, or using their powers to pass themselves off as human. Yet hope for the race lives on. Recently, an underground society has been formed to save these fish people. The society named themselves "The Order of the Flowing Queen" after an old legend of a fish woman goddess. The Order built a large safe house, half submerged in the canals behind a shop front, for the Ataratheh. The Order wants to protect and study these creatures, hoping a better understanding of them will help the humans learn to not be afraid of the Ataratheh.
Rules:
1. No godmodding. If you're not familiar with what this means I will happily explain.
2. Grammar is important. I will excuse minor typos and a few misplaced commas (because even I struggle with those damned commas). If you can use capitalization and punctuation you have nothing to worry about.
3. There is nothing wrong with romance, however keep it pretty clean. This isn't the mature boards.
4. Respect myself and others. Please don't fight in the OOC.

CS's:

Humans:

Name:
Appearance (I would prefer a picture but if you don't have one, describe it very well.):
Body type:
Height:
Personality:
Bio:
Other:

Ataratheh:

Name:
Human Appearance (When you have legs. Again, pictures are best.):
Body Type:
Height:
Personality:
Bio:
Magic:
Other:
mermaids.jpg

Accepted Characters:

Ataratheh:

Eraddyn Lynne Yemaya
Airoth (Anna Rose)
Maurice Famblebanter

Human:
Marik D'angelo
Maximus Garter
Charleston Fuego

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Eraddyn Lynne Yemaya (Uh-ray-din)
Human Appearance (When you have legs. Again, pictures are best.):
Best-top-digital-girls-art-wallpapers-hd-fantasy-girls-art-wallpaper-pictures-27.jpg

Body Type: Small, yet toned
Height: 5'2"
Personality: Eraddyn is not always very welcoming. She can be sweet and innocent when she wants, but she has a temper as fiery as her hair. She's sarcastic, sadistic, and abbrasive. Yet when she gets to know you she can be fiercely loyal.
Bio: Eraddyn never knew where she came from. It was rumored that she was the daughter of Calypso, but no one, not even Eraddyn herself knows whether that's true. Eraddyn has been part of the Benetka clan of Ataratheh for as long as she can remember. She learned to hunt, fight, and hone her magic with the clan. Their ways never seemed strange to them, it was just their way of life. Yet when the open hunt began, Eraddyn watched countless friends and adopted family die. Some were caught in nets, some were stabbed to death by angry humans, some just disappeared one day. Eraddyn eventually got tired of hiding in the caverns beneath Benetka and decided it would be safest to dwell among the humans. She now lives in an abandoned, run down building, molding from the constant exposure to the water. She does what she must to survive, practicing her magic in secret.
Magic: Eraddyn can talk to fish and other animals telepathically, as well as control water. However she cannot create water, only use existing bodies of it.
Other: Eraddyn is afraid of fire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they age like humans?

Can they have children with humans?

Ataratheh -

tumblr_mjgpn2qNUB1ryzxhjo1_500_large.jpg

tumblr_mq4wclKzdo1s8xj2yo1_500.png

Name:

Anna Rose
also known as
Airoth

Human Appearance:
Small and lean, with the face of a doll. She has alabaster skin, with eyes like the sea and hair like oil. When she feels threatened, her pupils become slits.

Body Type:

Small and soft- like a child's. She's lean, however, and not exactly weak. She's built more to be able to slip through a crowd easily, or to carry herself in a quick fashion.

Personality:
Anna is cold and manipulative, a complete contrast to her childish appearance. She wants nothing more than to restore her race to it's previous glory, and will do what she has to accomplish that goal- even if it means consorting with the humans and wearing their horrid skin. She considers humans to be of the lowliest creatures- killing for their own pleasure, and defying the natural order. The murderers of an entire species. Anna is yet to meet a human that proves her wrong.
Bio:
Anna's mother had been the leader of a clan called Shogun. Of course, back then, her name hadn't been Anna. Then, she had been known as Airoth- the serpent of the sea. Shogun was one of the more well known, dominant clans that existed then, and the Ataratheh where always fighting for more territory. More territory meant more food. Airoth had been a wrathful thing- feared. She tore at any opponent, whether they be Ataratheh or Human. However, her mother was never proud. After all, Airoth had been conceived while her mother was tracking prey in human form. She was courted, and saw it as an easy meal (in both terms of the word). However, she grew round with child shortly after. Her mother never said anything about the fact that she had fornicated with a human man- Airoth would have been considered an abomination. But she knew. The way her mother had looked at her, even after all her accomplishments. With disgust.
Even though she knew the truth completely, Airoth never really considered herself anything besides Ataratheh. She loved the bond between her clan-mates- they were her family as well as her friends and hunting partners. She loved the essence of the hunt; the feeling of dragging a human down to the depths of the sea and drowning them. It was all so natural to her- embedded into her very being.
Then it all changed. Her mother and two other scouts had been out hunting during a storm- they shouldn't have been. But they were. They got tangled up in the nets. They were found. Everything changed after that. Everyone was either killed or scared into seclusion. For the longest time, Airoth tried protecting her home, insisting that they stayed. That they could fight off the humans. But there were too many of them, and the Ataratheh valued their lives. They weren't stupid.
So Airoth became Anna Rose.
She used her magic on the humans to get what she wanted. Soon, the story of the poor orphaned rich girl spread throughout the city. No one really knew where she came from, and no one cared to ask. Those who did disappeared and never again returned.

Magic:
Manipulation of thought and emotion. She can also interpret what someone feels or is thinking and influence it to suit herself.

Other:
n/a

Last edited:
That was very well written. I enjoy your character a lot. Accepted.

Name:
Andromeda "Andro" Syria Osodo

Human Appearance:
22043-anime-paradise-white-hair-anime-girl.jpg

Body Type:
Slender in build, yet curvy and toned.

Height:
5'9"

Personality:
Andromeda is very withdrawn, seeking isolation and privacy whenever possible. She refrains from socialization and often enjoys nothing more than swimming deep beneath the waters and diving so far down that only darkness and the faint reflections of light are visible. Ironically, her hair, skin and eyes are all extremely bright and attract a lot of attention when she is transformed into a human. She normally tries to avoid becoming human, feeling much more secure as her natural form. Andromeda is very silent and doesn't speak unless absolutely necessary.

Bio:
Before the hunts began, Andromeda lived happily in the ocean and never once thought that her life might be ended so prematurely. However, after witnessing several of her close friends being murdered mercilessly, Andromeda soon realized her blissful lifestyle was coming to an end. She was always one to stay deeply hidden in the water's depths, but within time humans managed to dive down there as well.

Having no other choice, Andromeda surrendered her natural form and took on a human's in hopes that she would be safe living among them. Andromeda managed to find herself a small cabin along the beach, at least she could feel somewhat connected to her beloved ocean. She has currently been living in coexistence with the humans for about six months and although she sneaks off every night for a swim beneath the moonlight, no one has suspected anything.

Andromeda is skilled in the arts of Healing and Herbology. She can cure, fix, repair or even prevent a majority of diseases and bodily damages. However, she does not allow this magical ability to be known outside of her own kind. The humans believe Andromeda is merely a talented woman that has studied the medicinal effects of plants and herbs...which is partly true, anyways. She is peaceful and dislikes violence of any sort, including her own species's customs and traditions of consuming human flesh. Andromeda is considered to be extremely weak, because she refuses to partake in the beliefs of her own kind. All she wants is a life of peace and serenity, no violence or pain.

Magic:
Healing & Herbology

Other:
Rumors have circulated that she is the daughter of mixed breeding, but these speculations have never been proven. However, her pacifist attitude and easy adaption to a human's lifestyle is a key factor in the other's beliefs that she has human heritage in her blood.​

Accepted. I'm thinking we now may need a few humans and most definitely some males.

I'm flattered that you enjoy her. ;u;

I would like to say that the link I previously had for her name was not supposed to be another picture of her. Well, it was, but I used the wrong one and now I have lost the one that I meant to use. I apologize profusely.

I don't mind taking on a second role as a human male, if needed?

Same here- I think playing a male (human or Ataratheh) would be fun.

You both could if you want to. I submitted a request for a banner when I made this. So hopefully that will be up soon and will attract a few more people.

Okay.

I still think it would be fun to play a male human, so I'll make a profile later. ^^

I don't think I might.. Couldn't come up with something that pleased me so.. However, I did add some more pictures for Anna. ouo

Last edited:
If you still need more characters, particularly male, I can put in a character sheet tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.