Assassin's Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting on a fresh set of clothes, Yvonne twirled in front of the mirror before heading downstairs to the bar. She was expecting Sebastian to have her tea by now but what she saw surprised her.

"Noooo!!" Yvonne shouted right after seeing dogs beside Wolf, her eyes filled with mixed emotions but mostly fear. "Get them away from here Van!! You know I hate dogs!!" she shouted, unable to move from her spot. Ever since she was a child, one of her father's doberman got out of its leash and chased her, almost killing her and chewing her alive. Since then, Yvonne feared dogs, even if its just a puppy.

Biting her lip to stop herself from crying, she looked at Van with teary eyes, scared that if she moved a single muscle, she'll be dead.

Last edited:
Both Teros and Lamu, tilted their head to a side as a sign of confusion when they watched the scared Owl. Both of them then looked at Van, he slowly lowered his book after closing it, looked at both Lamu and Teros, then at Owl. He couldn't understand such fear towards these creatures, it might be because he was raised to have no fear, but it really wasn't of his concern, as long as she doesn't try to do something to them, it's fine by Van. "Lamu, Teros…" Van talked to both dogs, without saying something else, they both walked to Van's room upstairs, they passed by Owl's side, but Van knew she was too scared to even touch them so he left them go.

Van took his book again, crossed his legs and started reading. "Yvonne… This phobia of yours… will be a trouble in the future, and you know it" dead words spoke by themselves, Van didn't even have to turn his head to look at her as he talked, he knew what her reaction was going to be, to argue maybe, or to answer a plain "No".

Hazel eyes looked to the man dubbed simply as 'Van' with a woeful smile, deep was the chuckle ascending amidst the muscle of his throat. With hat tipped upwards to the ceiling his handsome features were fully revealed. A firm, chiseled jaw covered in dark hair, high and prominent cheekbones with a handsome nose.

Turning about fully upon his bar stool, Morde's deep voice chimed elegantly. This time it was a thicker accent, akin to Russian.

"Please do not cause too much ruckus, you two. My feet are tired and my ears are just as so. If you would not mind, that is." Throughout his speech, the accent had shifted seamlessly to a charming British once more. The Dominator seemed to prefer that one above his others, simply because it sounded more charming.

A man of many talents could afford not to use one or two, if replacing them with the same amount. He rested his smile upon Yvonne, speaking softly.

"Fear not, Yvonne. They're but pups."

Yvonne's breath hitched as the two dogs walked passed her, the two heading towards Van's room. Just the scent of a canine made fear course through her veins and the very thought of dogs pisses her of. She cannot control her emotions when it comes to dogs. Sure, she can run away from them, but seeing those monsters in the same room with her? Well, that's different. She hated being trapped, especially with dogs. Did she mention that she's been chased by a Doberman inside their botanical maze? She was nearly killed and mauled if her father didn't come rescue her.

Van's words pierced her heart, like a sharp knife cutting through butter. What he was saying is true and Yvonne knew about it. It's not like she never tried to befriend dogs, it's just that she really can't do it. She admits that she's weak and pathetic because of this little phobia of hers and she didn't dare to deny it.

"I...I know..." was all she could say before sitting next to Morde, her head hanging low. The smile on his face made her smile a little, but the heavy feeling on her chest is still there. Hiding her fears behind a smile, she said "I'm fine Morde. Like you said, they're just pups. Nothing to be afraid of."

"Indeed." Rather friendly was the pat of his gloved right hand against her back, doing this in a gesture of friendship. He wore his smile like a mask, natural and unflinching. His hand remained on her back for a moment, rubbing, seeing that she was distraught before leaving her.

He then placed both forearms against the bar top and leaned over, face hovering over the top of his hat. Hazel eyes blinked rapidly and he inhaled the scent of dog to memorize them exclusively. Along with their owner.

He was an odd one to observe, and Morde would be sure to keep tabs on him if possible. With Yvonne next to himself, the handsome man's deep, accented voice chimed.

"So Yvonne, what might you be in the mood for tonight?"

cooltext118969655097028.png

An inhumane screech came from the bar as Sebastiano stepped out to serve Ghost's request. This guy can be such a neat freak in the bar. He claimed it as his domain after all and he did clean it by himself; bathroom, tables and all.

"MUD! BLOOD! DOGS!" He yelled, aghast. "Oh. My." He put the plate of pasta on the bar table and massaged his temples with one hand, speaking rapid Italian. When he finally calmed, he looked at the remaining people in the bar. "Cosa? Where's Ghost? I have his order."

Ghost

"I'm not going to give you any of that information. It would be irrelevant if this were a real situation. Go by your gut, your first instinct."
His words were quiet, his sharp gaze expectant. A feeling of impatience began to work it's way over Ghost as he sat there waiting for her answer. However, his face was kept perfectly neutral. He was exeptionally curious about this woman. He wanted to get in her head and see how she ticked. If emotions were irrelevant to her, then what was her true intention in life?

Cat
Cat raised a brow when he shoved aside the fact she needed more information. How would one male a decision without the needed knowledge? Surely a few blanc spaces where allowed, but the little scene he put up was just not enough. Cat didn't make decisions based on feelings, that was just plain stupid.

'Without that information I can't make a proper decision, but since you insist on an answer it's basically flipping a coin. I'd go with die trying rather then back to the guild,' she then answered him, a slight irritation could be heard in her voice due to the fact she was answering without knowing more, 'but again.... it's not a reliable answer.'

She looked at him, her intense blue eyes (ice blue almost) had no troubles finding his in an intense stare. Her surroundings weren't forgotten either and she could tell exactly what was going on around them.

A little skeptical, Van lowered his book for a second to observe his surroundings. He didn't feel in "home", actually, how does it feel to have a "Home"? This brief thought flew by Van's thinking as he quietly looked into his guild partners. Morde seemed to be very supportive with Yvonne, but Van knew that this kind of attitude wasn't professional… at all, supposedly, a cold-blooded assassin should have a strong mind and will in order to afford any incoming missions/situations. This was the first thing he learned in his "childhood", to never hesitate, to never doubt, but hey, each dog with his bone, in the end, little did this affect to him since most of his missions were solo jobs.

Venom spoke loudly, whining about the disorder in the bar. Before taking his book up again, Van looked at him and when he mentioned Ghost's absence, he realized. Ghost wasn't the only one out, Actress seemed to be too, but again, little did he care about this. It seemed as he wasn't going to be able to finish this book today. Van heard how Teros and Lamu started howling, this was an odd thing since they normally keep silence when inside the Guild's whereabouts. Leaving the book on the table, Van stood up and went to his room upstairs. There he saw both dogs sat, as if they were waiting for him.

"What's going on?" Van patted both dog's head softly before they started to run inside the room. They weren't wanting to play or something, they smelt something. Lamu stood at the front of the door, waving his tail. "Teros, stay here" Van ordered to his pet. He opened the door and Lamu proceeded to run downstairs at the front door, exactly he was when Van reached the building. "This is… odd" He thought as he opened the door, Lamu was wanting to go outside, but why?

Then he realized, Van noticed a trace of blood close to the door. His dogs had noticed this kilometers away, but were waiting for Van to be calm before calling him to check. And so he did, it was fresh. Instead of immediately following it, he entered the building again and asked. "Who did this?" He showed a his fingers covered with blood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghost

A soft nod was all the guild master gave with her answer. "Your gut feeling is often more reliable than any information given. You guessed right." He spoke as he stood up from the counter. "Would you like to head back with me?" He asked.

The remainder of this conversation would need to be done in private. And there was no place more private than his truck.

Yvonne smiled faintly at the comfortable warmth behind her back. She was glad that Morde was somehow trying his best to comfort her but she was a bit perplexed at his behavior. Why is he acting so nice towards her? This is the first time she seen him like this before, acting so kind and comforting. Yvonne hasn't really discovered Morde's true personality is so she's being cautious around him. She thinks that men always have a superior motive when acting nice and friendly towards the opposite sex. She understands that Morde meant good but his question made her a bit skeptical. Morde asking her what she'll be doing tonight? Odd.

Million thoughts flashed right before her very eyes and all of them made her blush. Slowly shaking his hand off of her, she looked anywhere but him before replying "I'm not even sure... got any ideas?"

Crap. Did she just say that? She's letting the dominator well...dominate her? Just what is wrong with her today?

Yvonne sighed, looked at Sebastiano as he shouted, her tea and snacks still not ready. "Sebby~" she called out, hoping to catch his attention. "Can I have my Darjeeling tea and macaroons please?? Oh, and Ghost went somewhere without saying a word so.. can I also have his pasta?" she asked, giggling a little at how hungry she is.

Hearing the Wolf barking with blood on his hands, Yvonne didn't even bother to answer his question. He's the wolf, a canine, a human that associate with dogs. She's afraid that if she gives him an answer and he didn't like it, she'll be mauled and eaten alive by his pets.

Averting his attention back towards Van with a sniff, hazel eyes belonging to the one and only Morde took in the bloody fingertips without even so much as a gasp. "I believe one of us did that to some poor pizza boy, but don't take my word for it." Ever refined was the silken voice of the Russian man, a smile of fake design plastered against his countenance. His hand long since was removed from Yvonne's back, not desiring to make her uncomfortable or get the wrong impression.

His well-dressed feet kicked the air much like that of a toddler, evidently bored despite the allure of 'mystery' before him - on Van's hand. Turning around almost entirely in his bar stool, he propped one arm against the counter and perched his torso against the extended forearm and wrist, lifting one long leg upwards to cross at the knee atop the other one.

"Sebastian, might I have a buttery nipple please?" The drink, to Morde, was utterly exquisite. Sweet against your tongue and smooth as it went down into your gut, those around him could grasp he may not be a very heavy drinker considering that drink just ordered in particular was thought of as 'girly'.

Cat
Cat almost smiled when he said she guessed right, for that was all it truly was. A calculated one, but still a guess. Cat stood up from her chair and briefly glanced around before nodding, 'yes,' was all she said before walking out of the pub along with him.

Outside it soon became clear that he wanted her to step into the car and that's where she hesitated. Sure, she wanted to join the guild and there really was no reason why he would wish any harm upon her, but.... sitting in a car with a complete stranger heading somewhere unknown....

'No offense, but how about I'll just walk there wherever you where planning on going?' She asked calmly. There wasn't any blame in her voice, just a calm tone of voice really. 'I'm not one to trust people easily, you see,' Cat felt the need to explain, not wanting to insult him.

cooltext118969655097028.png

With a dramatic flip of the hair, Sebastiano's mood was alright. This kind of thing happened every time. He always cleaned up after the mess of the guild, both in their missions and in whatever they did to his precious bar. Seeing the hungry Yvonne made him worry. "Ah! Mia bambina, yes, yes. Eat this up and I'll get the rest of your requests." He reached over and patted her head endearingly. "Darjeeling today? Mm, and Buttery Nipple for Morde." Sebastiano looked at him as he took out what he needed. "You sure you don't want something to eat? I've got an entire menu now, since we had a week with no kickbacks."

He prepared the tea daintily, already knowing what Yvonne would want. "I'll have to make the macaroons, hope you don't mind." He added as he carefully infused the leaves. When done, he gave her a teacup to match the teapot and got ready to make Morde's drink.

Sebastiano really liked to flaunt his skills, and even though the Buttery Nipple was pretty simple, if he went in time with the jazz music that was still playing, it still looked like a performance. He added grenadine, thinking Morde might like it sweet anyway.

"I know I said we didn't have kickbacks last week, so!" He slid the drink in front of Morde. "None this week too?" He gave Morde an expectant look then sauntered over to Van. "Hmmm?" Sebastiano wiggled his eyebrows and pointed to the blood. "If any of you three leave something out in a contract, you know it'll be me who'll have to fix it, and no one will feed hungry members."

He nodded knowingly. "I'm pretty sure someone should be back from a mission, today. No one has reported, though."

Ghost

A small frown flashed across Ghost's face upon hearing her words. Of course he understood her viewpoint. But considering what had happened with her apparent messenger... Appearing at the guild alone was a certain deathwish. "I don't mean to sound pushy, but if you show up at the guild without me, there's a good chance that you'll be killed at the front door." He spoke simply, all too aware of the Actress being in one of her moods.

Honestly, it was like living in a house full of children sometimes. Back talkers and smart asses, the lot of them, often trying to disprove the hard-earned education that really only came from getting the shit kicked out of you time after time again. They were lucky that Ghost never thought to strike them, though there were plenty of times that he could feel his body surge with the urge to break something or someone.

But, he kept to his quiet ways. One day they would learn it, he knew that. After thirty years in this crazy field of work, he simply knew that someone would eventually get knocked down hard enough to see the flaws in their ways.

Coming out of his deeper thoughts, Ghost looked at the woman, wondering what her choice would be.

Cat
Cat grinned. She actually grinned. 'Ah... provided I would let myself be killed that easily, but you've got a point.' She was unaware of the fact that the messenger had been killed, but found it fairly reasonable that he wouldn't just give her an address. She walked over to the other side of his truck and got in.

'So.... the guild. Can you tell me more about it? I've heard rumours, but I think you know just as well as I do, that one can't always rely on those,' Cat asked once he got in, wanting to know more about them before she would actually join.

Ghost

As he got into the truck, he caught sight of her grin and merely shook his head, unamused by her little comment. He didn't comment, however, and went on to provide a little information about the guild, as requested. "The guild started fifteen years ago. There are very few enemies of the guild who are still breathing. We operate on a very private basis, and do other jobs as well as assassinations, though assassinations are our specialty." The guild master explained.

"Now, what about you? Do you have a name?" He asked, sparing her a glance. "How much experience do you have as an assassin?" He was guessing that she didn't have much experience. She simply looked too young.

Cat
While keeping a close eye on where they were heading, Cat listened to what the man had to say. It wasn't much, but she couldn't blame him for being careful. Without looking at him, still taking in the passing scenery, she shrugged, 'none.'

Cat wasn't one to easily take someone's life. 'I'm a relatively good fighter,' she said, which was an understatement, 'and I've had oppertunities where I could have taken someone's life rather often, but I never did.'

The question before that was an easy one to answer, though thinking it was unimportant she'd saved the answer for last. 'I'm Cat,' she gave her nickname. Most people assumed it was short for Catherine or something, but that wasn't true. She earned the name and it was how she was known to other now.

Ghost

"Alright Cat, if you were to join my guild, I'd probably have Boxer mentor you."
The guild master replied evenly. "You two probably would get along well enough." He spoke thoughtfully, knowing that the element of uncertainty would remain until the two actually met. After a pretty long drive, they arrived at the guild building. Ghost parked the truck in it's usual spot in the underground garage, got out, took note of the fact that the tire he'd just put on was loosing air, and wrote it off as a busted rim.

"Stay close to me when we head in. I have a feeling that almost everyone's in tonight." He warned her as he started up the nearby stairs.

Cat
'Boxer?' Cat repeated the name thoughtfully, 'oh well, as long as he's alright I'm fine with it.' She assumed atleast that it was a guy, not even imagining getting along with a female. When she thought back of it, she never really had dealt with woman, only to rob them as easy victims.

When they arrived at their destination she followed him cautiously. She didn't like the fact his crew seemed to be a wild pack of untrained, bloodthirsty, idiots. Couldn't they think before cutting some throats? 'I won't willingly let them attack me, sir,' she warned him, in all cases defending herself if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.