Assassin's Pride

Do you prefer a character form or something else?

• Form

• Just a pretty picture

• A prettyful picture with a personality description

• Picture, personality, and history please

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ghost rolled his eyes with him being called gramps. It was the glasses, wasn't it? Once upon a time he thought about contacts, but the idea of putting something in his eye already had him riled up. He stuck with the glasses.
He listened in silence as the conversation drifted over the topic of newbie training and the decline of orders. Sebastiano's slip of the tongue when Crown joined the group caused a momentary lapse of focus for the guild master, though with a brief reminder of what he wanted to speak with Haze about had Ghost back on track.
He cleared his throat, knowing that his words would have a lot of weight on this subject. "Well, I was going to talk to Haze about this in private, but as it seems that the gang's all here... I've been thinking about retiring. You guys certainly haven't let me go by without a joke or comment about about my age." A small amount of humor laced his serious voice, and he continued with a small smirk. "I'm not leaving until this guild's back on track. Let's get that done so I can finally go to Hawaii."

• Love
Reactions: Banana-senpai
Looking at Face, Sebastiano grinned. It wasn't at all likely for Face to join in a sentimental vibe so Sebastiano almost found Face's boredom comical and awkward. "Yes, welcome. She can prance about for all I care as long as she does her job right. 'Cause that's what we're all here for." Which is why he learned to cook so they can all have nice meals within the guild itself.

Sebastiano completely agreed with Face's concerns too. Sebastiano loved being with people but he gets annoyed if a job isn't done. He raised his eyebrows when Face suggested taking Gwendolyn along on his next Contract. "Hey, knowing you, I'm a little dubious about the kind of take you'll be doing." He chuckled at his own lame suggestion.

When Ghost spoke of his plan however, that wiped the smile completely off Sebastiano's face. It was a rare sight. "Ghost." He managed. "Brother." He emphasized. "Che cos'è? Your health?" Sebastiano sighed. Now he wants a smoke. "How will you reintegrate yourself?" Sebastiano never considered Ghost as older than him, but always noticed stress on his face. He just didn't think Ghost would quit.

"Really?" Gwendolyn asked, watching her glide over to her workbench. She seemed to know stuff. Well of course she knew stuff. She liked the idea of teaming up and whatnot, it made her feel a lot safer even though they could [mostly her] could be exposed to some danger. Well Wolf probably was exposed to danger a lot, but Gwen, not that much as her.

"Sounds okay." She shrugged simply, playing with a strand of her hair softly. "I'd prefer not going by myself to missions all the time." She patted her stomach. Damn. She could feel a growl coming on... Too bad she 'got in trouble' before that guy came back, Sebastiano.

His attention was pulled towards Sebastiano, lips upturned in yet another smile. "Your little 'slip of the tongue' hasn't gone unnoticed," he mused. Boner. Hah, as if he expected anything else. Having an unhealthy bone fetish seemed to be of everyone's source of entertainment and amusement. He couldn't help it, though. It was true in his mind that bones made everything eminently cool, but even these little jokes and such worked wonders in ebbing his self-esteem. Being somewhat used to it by now, it was easy to dismiss. It was all in good fun, anyways.

Crown turned away from Seb, nodding to Haze with slight enthusiasm. So he was able to see the girl. How wonderful. Maybe then he could find a bit of fun in the whole situation. That surely brightened his mood a tiny bit, and before they'd leave to go and check up on her, a drink did sound rather refreshing. "I'll take a chamomile tea," he said in response to Sebastiano, tilting his head slightly. A moment would slip past before he reached a hand towards the hem of his outfit, dislodging a canine tooth from the fabric and tossing it to Seb. "Thanks for the offer."

The sudden noise of barking soon filled his ears, head turned towards the entrance just in time to see Owl walking in. "Yo! Since when did you get a dog?" Crown waved, grinning like an idiot. Well, this amused him, even more so knowing how much she disliked those mutts. "I'll go teach it a lesson, eh? No one follows my Owl around but me. His teeth will soon be mine." His friendly demeanor was soon replaced by morbid intent and bloodlust. "You guys think a dog skull could fit on me? How big is it?" Crown peered curiously at the occluded doors.

The urge to go and silence the canine was quickly cut off, Haze's concerns for the guild throwing him off guard. "Ah, well..." He removed himself from on top of the table, shaking his head in a subtle manner. "I don't feel as if I have a say in this. But damn..." Not so much big on words. Never really understood the gravity of some situations. He did realize the potential danger the Guild has fallen into, though... But any thoughts on how to resolve the issue were completely nonexistent unless he had the time to sort things out and formulate plans. However, there was one thing he could suggest pertaining to the newbie. "I could spend a bit of time with the girl, teach her a few of my techniques. Don't worry, she won't become a bone freak like me, but at least she'll learn a few... interesting ways of silencing a victim." Oh yes. That would most certainly be fun. Crown of Teeth was known for his gruesome attempts at murder. Stealth was his talent. His love for bones urged new techniques to be formed. Combine them both and you get someone adept for most jobs.

He sighed, however. Ghost planned on retiring? "Geez." He wasn't entirely all for this. He respected Ghost, yes. He did sense this topic being brought up sooner or later, just not at this exact moment. "Who cares about your age, old man?" Spoken rather friendly, aimed to add a bit more light humor to soften the subject. "If that's what you feel you need to do." Crown would only shrug. He was curious, now. Curious about the Guild's future, and a bit concerned.

"When a volcano erupts in Hawa'i, your health won't let you get away easily, Ghost." Haze grinned, albeit sighing sadly. He knew that Ghost had already made up plans to retire from the guild, and just enjoy his wealth somewhere else. Still, Haze couldn't picture a Nocturne Guild without the founder. "I suggest somewhere in Asia. That way, you only receive two seasons: summer and rain. Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan, Singapore, Philippines, China, Thailand, and the like. We'll never know." Haze suggested, shrugging his shoulders. His thoughts were filled with formulating the strategies that the veterans had offered, and with the addition of one of the hardened assassins like Owl, there could be a way to fix all of this. Everyone was willing to pitch in and help-- this was what he liked about the guild. All of them have their own agendas, but when it came to the future of the guild, they all forgot about themselves, and worked for the greater good. They were a close-knit group-- even if Face cannot face the fact that he was attached to the guild as much as Haze was.

"Well, I'm glad that we're all on the same page here. If this is a success, that Gwendolyn girl will have obtained each and every one of our specialties. In effect, she might become the guild's next, most powerful assassin." Haze nodded to the veterans. "I shall make a schedule for her. Each day she will be under the tutelage of a veteran assassin. For example, tomorrow, she'll be training under, let's say, Sebastiano here. Then, the day after that, she'll be training under Face. Yes, she will be driven to her limit. She will bleed, she will break, and she will cry. But then again, didn't we all when we first trained in the guild? The road to assassination elitism is not a path of roses. It's a path of needles, pins, spikes, thorns, and corruption. We all know that, don't we, my fellow veterans?" Haze's eyes were dark, almost crazed.

Then, he smiled once more. "Still... go easy on her-- for now. She needs to know that our guild isn't a hobby. You can't just waltz in here, and expect an easy tango. No. She needs to know that if she dances with Death-- she needs to take the lead. Rich, pompous, arrogant, high-class? Doesn't matter-- not while we're here. She'll have to learn that the hard way." the doctor chuckled softly and turned to Crown. "Just check if that dog has rabies... Wouldn't want that affecting you once you take on a new skeletal system."

"Well, it's time I check on her. Perhaps, a few psychological tests to make sure that she's in this guild for no problematic reasons. If she's as rich as she seems to be, we wouldn't want her bodyguards and the SWAT to burst through the roof and riddle everyone here with lead. You comin', Crown?" Haze adjusted his glasses and grabbed his white, doctor's coat from the coat hanger near the door-- ignoring the dog's incessant barks. "At least, now, you've got an admirer, Owl. I hear dogs make good lovers-- alongside the HIV thing. Speaking of HIV, with all the caves you've explored, Face, would it be possible for me to test you for HIV as well? Just to edge on the safe side." Haze laughed softly, now wearing his coat and heading towards the basement.

He didn't really like it there... It was too dark, but then again, so was the library. He tread softly through the stairs, and descended after a few seconds. There, he saw Wolf, and Gwendolyn. "Greetings, Wolf. You look beautiful, as always." Haze grinned at his fellow veteran before turning to the neophyte. "That a thing when you're somewhat bored? Twirling hair is a sign similar to nail-biting, you know? Hello again, Gwendolyn." Haze bowed lightly to the neophyte, smiling in the process.

NBdck96.png

@Mippu @AshenAngel @King of Lunacy @Cubix @DANAsaur

"Hey, knowing you, I'm a little dubious about the kind of take you'll be doing."

Face scoffed and leaned his head back until he was staring at the upside down grin on Sebastiano's face. Again...he would not have been wrong on most occasions with that statement. Face did have quite the track record...quite a few notches on his bedpost (if you know what I mean); however, Face had been dead serious when he said bringing the girl with him on his next mission. With the type of people they have been getting, it was better to just throw the girl in the fray and have her learn on the run...That was how Face had done it. He had trained himself, specializing in his quick thinking, strong fighting technique, speed, and flawless improvisational skills. He did not even need a gun on most occasions, being that his bare hands, legs, and head were much more dangerous. He was a walking death machine, even if he kept his muscle hidden under a well tailored suit. Face was an improviser, using the environment around him to take out his enemies and well as make quick escapes. One of his favorite kills had been with a single #2 pencil...the death toll had been about 30...yeah sure, he had to be stitched up a bit when he got back, but it had still be a lot of fun.

As Face brooded over this, he came back to reality, realizing he had just been staring at Sebastiano and frowning without actually saying much. He tilted his head back up, giving a dismissive wave of his hand as he growled irritably. "I bet you would like to know, eh? And where the hell is my whiskey?" It seemed that Face was not the only person wanting to take the girl on a mission. Crown spoke up, offering his services as well...and for some reason Face felt the smallest twinge of jealousy...as if he had already laid claim to the newbie. He shot his steely gaze to Crown, his voice dropping slightly, but there was still a light-heartedness to it...even if Face was feeling a sudden possessiveness over testing Gwendolyn. "Ey, ey, ey? Back off tooth fairy. I already called dibs first on training the Newbie. You can take her on the next call, AFTER me. " He gave a small cluck of his tongue He tilted his head then, watching the shorted male hop down from the bar. His attention was pulled away once Haze stated his plan of Gwendolyn's training schedule, only causing a devious smile to make its way across Face's expression. Face thought it was a rather good idea, until Haze suggested 'taking it easy' on the girl. Face laughed, head falling back once more as his gaze traveled over the ceiling. "Your ass didn't 'take it easy' on me when I first got here, Haze...Why should I give her the same luxury? "

He had not offered much comment on Ghost retiring, offering another small jab to tease him. "Finally realizing you old age, Gramps? You should leave the heavy shit to us youngsters." Face actually felt a small lump rise in his throat, his frown growing as he turned his gaze to the nearby wall. It was actually upsetting to see one of the best stepping down...It was a reminder of the actually mortality of each member of this guild. It was troubling to know that the same, quiet Ghost would soon no longer frequent these dark hall...but Ghost deserved it more than anyone. Upon Haze's offer of Ghost traveling to Asia, Face spoke up, eyeing Ghost through his peripheral. "I'd head to South Korea or Taiwan, boss. The ladies love a handsome Foreigner."

Face adjusted his seating position, glancing back as Haze turned to leave...only not before offering another jab at Face's lifestyle. It was Haze's way of being in the protective 'big brother' role that he had been when Face first came here. Like a mother hen, Haze had always knit-picked Face's choices in life, none so more that Face's frequent lovers and his smoking 'addiction'. Face rolled his eyes at Haze's comment, raising a hand to flip him off. "Kiss my ass, Doc. Hurry up and make sure the Newbie didn't hurt herself down there. You know how Wolf gets with her guns." He dropped his hand and stared back up at the ceiling. He was actually just now realizing how tired he was. His chest gave a slow rise and fall, eyes falling closed for a moment as he released a small sigh...He needed a smoke...and a drink...

He spoke in a soft mumble, mainly addressing Sebastiano as he reached his hand out. "Hurry up with that Whiskey, Sebby...I need a drink."

• Love
Gwendolyn felt a chill. She shook her body slightly, the feeling lifting from her body. Huh, weird.

Silence was broken as she heard movement, then a door being open rather far away with some steps following after. The steps were descending, someone was coming. It took a while before she was shown whom exactly was paying them a visit, so she did tense up a little before Haze entered her line of vision. She brightened immediately, however the pout wasn't wiping off, but she felt happy to see him.

He complimented Wolf shortly before turning to her and talking to her about her habit. She was slightly taken aback, but she's already noticed this guy comments on a lot of medical stuff she was only faintly familiar with. Guess it was just normal for the male. "Yes, I always do that." Gwendolyn replied. Even she was little she'd play with her hair frequently. "Hello Doctor." She chirped daintily. "My apologies, I was just about to sate my hunger... You smell of cookies?" It was wafting off of his clothes very faintly. She tucked her hair behind an ear as he bowed.

Inside, she was kind of dying. She needed some food. He wouldn't recognize that though, through her pouty poker face.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Thanks Sebby..." Yvonne mumbled as he put a coaster in her cheek. "I think chamomile tea sounds nice, and cake. But can I also have the scones?" she asked hopefully.

She then turned her attention to Face, mumbling nonsense "I'd rather be chased by a dog, than be chased by you." she said, her face not leaving the counter. "As for you Crown, I'll hate you as long as you got a dog bone. You know how I despise dogs, even if its just a bone." she muttered under her breath. She can feel a headache coming up. She stayed up all night observing her victim, then that goddamned dog chased her, draining every last drop of energy in her system.

With a sigh, she listened to their conversation, talking about some newbie and Ghost retiring. "Huh. Good for him" she mumbled.

She was always worried for Ghost's welfare ever since she joined the guild. She saw how hardworking and determined he is and he's willing to go great lengths just to build up the guild. He seems like the kind of person who wouldn't stop until the work done. This is what worries her.

It's great to hear that he's retiring but she's worried about the guild "What would happen to the guild?" she asked all of a sudden, sitting straight and looking at the group "I mean, I'm glad that you'll eventually retire but what about the guild? Does that mean..." she can't finish her sentence. The very thought of the guild breaking up sent shivers down her spine. Shaking her head she placed her head back to the counter, sobbing "I..I d-on't want to lose a family..."

"Tch, calm down. Not gonna take the spotlight off you, Romeo." Crown raised his hands defensively, staring at Face with a droll look. "First call's all yours. Go and have your fun while it lasts." Was that jealousy? Having known Face for a long while, of course it was. This neophyte seemed to be a pretty big deal, which only furthered his desire of going down to see her. Shouldn't be long now. And it wasn't. Crown straightened himself as Haze stood up and grabbed his coat, allowing for the medic to pass by before he followed after. He paused as soon as a step was taken, head turned to face Sebastiano once more.

"Mind delivering my tea down there when it's finished? Thanks. And pfft, Owl. You can make an exception right? I look pretty badass when accompanied with canine bones, you've got to admit." He raised his brows at the girl, laughing softly. "Well, I'll be back." With that, he continued walking towards the basement where Haze had disappeared into.
So. New girl's picking out a weapon? That could have been the reason why she was rushed into the basement in the first place, especially if Wolf was the one to do the ushering. It could also do with the fact that it would lead whatever 'fight' was about to take place down to a close. He had only just gotten there when she disappeared, so what did he know? Of course, their doings have been mentioned earlier, but he wasn't too keen on listening most of the time.

Making it into the room, he stopped just beside Haze. Wolf was there, as expected. And the girl. Crown furrowed a brow, scrutinizing the neophyte for a mere moment before offering her a smile. "Well hello," he bowed, the bones adorning his garb rattling against one another with the sudden movement. "So you are the girl everyone's been talking about." Oh. She looked like a fun one. Promising. Crown only hoped to spend a bit more than a little time with her during her stay. And, what he failed to realize at the moment was his lack of greeting towards Wolf. Rude, but the newbie had claimed his full attention much to his own surprise.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Haze smiled as Crown arrived after him. It seemed that every veteran member was ecstatic to meet a recruit. Only this time... this recruit would be the unlucky one. It was rare for all the top dogs to train a single recruit, and it just so happens that this was the woman they would pick on. Crown was apparently dazed and hypnotized by the neophyte's charisma, but Haze wasn't really on the same boat. She had spunk and an attitude, but those two won't be enough to survive in the guild. With Ghost not in his prime, it was up to Haze to make sure that every recruit was the sharpest knife in the drawer. It brought him back when Ghost recruited him into the guild. He was one of those kid geniuses, and accelerated through college pretty fast, and while many would see Haze as the epitome of medical success, the lad chose another path. Ghost showed him the truth of the world, and then, his eyes opened. Back when Ghost was at his prime, Nocturne was the most feared assassin guild, and with Haze's addition, their reputation only increased.

Ah yes, he remembers his assassin days--- Woah, woah! Don't go back to the dark. Haze thought to himself. That box has to be sealed.... permanently. He would do what he must for the guild, but to resort to opening that box was off-limits. Yes. He had to train the neophytes. He had given up his days of the holding the teacher's stick (or knife), but this time... he had to. For Ghost; for the Nocturne.

"Gwendolyn, dear, I see you're getting the best weapon training from none other than the weapon specialist in the guild, Wolf." Haze winked at the assassin before going back to Gwendolyn. "I do hope you have eaten or something because it's really unhealthy for our stomachs to be empty. Our hydrochrolic acids inside will--" Haze shook his head, realizing he was babbling on and on.

Haze inhaled deeply. "Supposedly, Ghost would be the one to deliver the orientation, but since he's not in top shape, I'll be the one to do so. I wish I could be kind, dear, but too early of a comfort only breeds weakness." Haze now spoke in a calm yet cold tone. "The Nocturne Guild; we are an assassin guild that deals with the type of dirt that no one else would touch. I do not know, and I do not care why you joined this guild or what made you abandon your past lifestyle. Frankly speaking, none of us here care about who you were or who you are... what we only care about is who you will be. Your 'slip-of-the-tongue' behavior, supposedly, would merit a severe beating from the assassin concerned, but since we were all in a good mood, you got out without as much as a slap. I assure you. That will not happen again." Haze drew nearer to the neophyte, his eyes boring into hers-- as if to show that he was dead serious.

"There are three fundamental rules to the guild. One, do not speak of the guild without regard for respect and safety. Two, a mission is a mission. Complete it or do not accept it. Lastly, and the most important... Should you fail in your mission, and you are being pursued; do not come back to the guild until not even a fly is following you. In short, these three rules conglomerate to one idea: Do not destroy the guild due to your own recklessness. From now on, you will be trained by the guild's best assassins. Wolf, Crown, Face, Venom, Owl, and the like; they will all train you to become the best that you can be. They will train you starting tomorrow. Face will be your first mentor, so, respect is needed. Respect begets respect, Gwendolyn." Haze stopped in front of the neophyte, eyeing her with much apathy.

"Ghost might be kind to the neophytes, but I assure you, put the guild on a knife's edge, and I will personally dissect you." Haze smiled-- obviously, not the one that most would be pleased at, rather, a smile that his veteran-brothers would know so well. "Welcome to the Nocturne Guild, where your new future begins." Haze chuckled, patting Gwendolyn's head.

Haze spun around, nodding at Crown. The threat was necessary, or else, Gwendolyn would never learn her place. Now that Haze was the villain in the neophyte's eyes, she would be more than willing to comply with the other veterans-- she'd develop deeper bonds with them; not him-- Haze didn't mind anyway.

Haze resurfaced to the bar with a chuckle. "She's all yours."

Gwendolyn sensed it once more, the movement, the door opening and the foot steps. But the footsteps somehow seemed different this one time around. Haze must have a different walk from this other guy whom she hasn't seen just yet. She tried peering over Haze's shoulder, but that didn't work due to height and she just leaned over the side awkwardly.

Once the other surfaced, Gwendolyn blinked her eyes, shoulders raising. It was someone she didn't seem to know, apparently. She fixed her posture, pout intensifying unintentionally. The pout that made others question about her attitude. Dark hair, pale features, b-bones?-- Oh. Haze began talking to her, first, a light hearted comment.

"Not just yet." Gwendolyn answered shortly. Okay good, he was now aware that she was kind of dying. In secret.

After a while of listening, Gwendolyn spiraled into an unknown type of panic. What she found was a nice, comforting doctor was secretly someone she did not take much of a liking to. Someone stronger than her in numerous ways. There were times she had to tip up her chin and smiled brightly at this man because, wow. He was a blunt fucker. Having her ego and all, it was harsher jabs than normal. Maybe he did not mean it, maybe he was just being brutally honest. Regardless,

Gwendolyn receded a large amount of future attention from this man.

It reminded her of her father- He reminded her of her father, too much of a mess or a calculated disorganization to delve too deep into. Gwendolyn was going to have a hard time holding her tongue. She's always have, but she'd be damned if she'd let this Doctor lay a harmful hand on her. If she feels if she is being disrespected, she'll retaliate. Being warned, she'll have to think. Or become a lot more swift with her words, or else.

Maybe she grew scared of him, maybe she felt offended, but her face began to turn awfully red. Not the normal pale that happens when fearful or ill, just red. She couldn't answer to herself as to why she was blushing. Much more of his words seemed just like a blur after some type of spell he'd cast on her emotions, her state of mind. She felt flurried, she wanted to walk away from his presence when he was talking. But she didn't, because her feet was glued a mile into the ground for her.

Snap.

She had just tugged a strand of hair from her head on accident, signalling the final decision with Doctor. Do not get to know him so well. Hearing the last phrase, she threw her head back and giggled a clipped laugh. Disgust hidden in her voice.

"You'd find I am only full of glitter, money, hair products and makeup, Doctor."

She felt in a empty state of mind currently, feeling her head pet. She let her lips curl into a smile, eyes smiling along as they twinkled. Even though this lunatic was caressed the top of her head, she felt a strange sense of calm and dread mixed together. It was like darkness had crept through his veins, and when she was touched, she could feel it. No. She didn't like this feeling. Please, keep it to yourself, it made her ill.
"Why, I am not a kitten! However..." She gave a neat crooked grin, cupping a space around her mouth with the back of her hand as if sharing a secret with him. "Extra hands when touching my hair does sound very luxurious."

Another clipped giggle. "All that flipping does pay off." She flexed her right arm energetically, hair swaying along with the sudden force of movement, strands falling off her shoulder and falling to her back.

She really had hoped she kept all her mixed, distorted emotions within her. Fortunately, she has! Her face didn't change expressions until the end. That didn't mean what Haze said to her was any less worse, however. She rubbed her hands together, shivering faintly. It got colder, a similar tremble running through her body like earlier.

Probably wasn't anything.

Now, onto Cubone. Gwendolyn couldn't lie, she was a tad bit appalled, being proper and what not, it's not everyday you see someone walking around actual bones. She wrinkled her nose cutely, body language or pout not changing the slightest. They probably smelled, unless he was some-- not weird-- but eccentric bone collector of sorts. She's in no place to judge, but she will anyway. Go rich people.

"Hello there!" She chirped even daintier than before, nose relaxing. She gave a fancy wave, fingers rolling quickly and touching the butt of her palm softly. She squinted her eyes, a goofy smile over coming her lips. After hearing that she was supposedly talked about around, her face immediately light up a few shades darker, filling her ears as well. Flattering, but also embarrassing. It could go both ways. "Talking? Talking about me?" She flipped her hair over her shoulder grandly, closing her eyes and upturning her nose for a moment, exposing him to her high class aura. Then again they could just be shit-talking about her. She'll just take it as a compliment anyways.

"I am, indeed. Gwendolyn, I am pleasure to meet your acquain-" She coughed.

"I am Gwendolyn," What the hell? It's like someone is intentionally making me fuck up my greetings. "Pleasure."

She held out a sophisticated hand, emitting a whole new world from her close proximity of the new, somewhat polite stranger. This made for good material to forget whatever hell that Doctor exposed her to, tainted her mind to.

"And you are?" She let her lips part, waiting for an answer. Okay but, hold up. Why does everyone have code names and she doesn't just yet? Was there a type of ritual? Did she just chose one? Face? Venom? Ghost? Those weren't names, those were aliases. She might ask later. She would've asked Haze, but haha. Just gotta wait until she recovers, probably dose herself with some holy water and wash her hair out with the blood of a lamb.

• Love
"Your little 'slip of the tongue' hasn't gone unnoticed," Crown said with a strange smile. Sebastiano laughed. "Hush now, I love your bones."

"Thanks Sebby. I think chamomile tea sounds nice, and cake. But can I also have the scones?" Seems Yvonne appreciated the coaster. "Mm, and have some Devonshire or butter or whatevs you like." He pushed the plate of warm scones closer to Yvonne and caressed her hair a bit. He put the sauce and a jar of jam nearby the plate and added a pastry fork. He was pouring her tea when Crown spoke up.

"I'll take a chamomile tea," Crown added and threw Sebastiano a tooth. Serves the bartender right for his dumb joke. Sebastiano instinctively caught it, fumbling a bit from the suddenness and nearly spilling tea. "Thanks for the offer." Crown finished as Sebastiano examined the tooth. "Yuck," he managed. "Something new to play with." he mused, keeping it in a breast pocket. On Crown's comment on the dog skull, Sebastiano shrugged as he poured some tea for Crown and said, "Dog skulls are too cute." As long as Crown washes them (Sebastiano wasn't sure, but at least in his mind, it's what he'd rather believe) Sebastiano didn't mind the get up.

"I bet you would like to know, eh?" Face said, sounding annoyed. "And where the hell is my whiskey?" Sebastian winced. "Oh shit. Sorry. Coming." He went back to his chem lab/kitchen and got a new bottle. He had run out the other day. He took it with him and balanced a secondary platter of cookies.

When he came back, there was a new topic. "I shall make a schedule for her. Each day she will be under the tutelage of a veteran assassin. For example, tomorrow, she'll be training under, let's say, Sebastiano here." Haze was saying. Sebastiano raised his eyebrows. When the doctor finished, Sebastiano shrugged again. "Pretty darn sure Face wants her, uh, to do her, um, to take her. I don't think I can teach her much, she seems to have a different way with things. And someone's gotta feed you hungry kids." Besides, when he wasn't babysitting the other members, he would do the recovery missions to pick up after people's mess and to make sure no witnesses are left behind. Tedious work assigned to him alone.

Face's hand was out and he spoke in a low mumble that surprised Sebastiano. "Hurry up with that Whiskey, Sebby...I need a drink."

"Sure, bello mio." Sebastiano said in mock sweetness. This is how Sebastiano showed his love: blatantly. Even to people like Ghost and Wolf. He poured some whiskey for Face and put it down.

Sebastiano looked at Ghost again. He sighed a heavy sigh. It was rare to see his mood suddenly so off because no matter the situation, he usually had the audacity to joke about it. But he's known Ghost for as long as the guild itself existed, he couldn't accept what Ghost said. He was at a loss for words and he had no jokes on Ghost leaving but not wanting it to show, he managed to say, "Sheesh, Ghost. Don't go into the light so soon, damn it."

For the first time ever, he lit up a cigarette and smoked. He broke his own rule. "Merda," He muttered.

Reactions: DoomyCakez
Ghost frowned with seeing Sebastiano's happy demeanor flop with the news of his retirement. To hear Owl sob over the uncertain future of the guild made him feel even worse. "God, I am not dead yet, so put out that damn cigarette and quit acting like it's a funeral." He snapped, a bit cross with it actually. First off, Face was the smoker in this guild, not Sebastiano, and second off, Owl really wasn't the type to sob on a bar counter.
He blew out a soft sigh and rolled his shoulders, getting an audible pop from the joints. "May I please have a chamomile tea as well?" He asked, reminding himself not to go for that third beer. Just because he was going to be relaxing - for once - didn't mean that he would be spared of Haze's healthy living criticism.
A wave of anxiety came over him, though it never showed. He would have to find someone to take his place as the guild master. Haze had a level head and kept an eye on all the members, and could seriously destroy someone if the need ever presented itself. But Ghost didn't want to pull him away from his job as medic. Sebastiano would also do well, as he was used to a tedious amount of work and he always seemed to be around, and proved himself as a deadly adversary. His only concern was whether or not he could handle the added work along with acting as the bartender. He would just wait and see, and hopefully his insticts would steer him in the right direction for that matter.

NBdck96.png

@Mippu @Cubix @AshenAngel @DANAsaur

"Ick. Please, you're not even my type, sweetie. Take a joke and get your panties out of your ass." Face lightly clucked his tongue against his pearly white teeth, thick lip rolling back slightly in an annoyed sneer. He had literally no idea what he had done to Owl. In fact, he had once thought they had gotten along rather well...It seemed rather apparent now that that may not have been fully true. It wasn't like Face was a bad guy...Sure, he was a womanizer, but did that mean to be so catty? Yes, he could be an asshole, but he prided himself on being a lovable, efficient asshole...Hell, he was never mean to Owl...well...except for when she had first arrived her, but he was like that with all Newbie.

Face shook his head, rolling his eyes as he felt the icy touch of his glass against the back of his hand. Face took it, bringing it to his lips and taking a long gulp, draining the glass in one swallow. The smell of fresh cookies wafted into his nostril, causing Face's mood to lighten...only slightly. He reached back, taking one and toying with it between his fingers. When he went to take a bite, it was only then that he noticed Sebby lifting a cigarette to his lips. Face gave a light smirk, eyes darkening slightly under his brow as he gave a fake pout. "Always quick to tease me for lighting up, eh? Told you it's calming." Face actually found himself wanting a cigarette as well, watching Owl in his peripheral as she laid her head on the table and started to sob like a toddler. His eyes narrowed, face reddening only slightly. He never liked to see girls cry, even if they were annoying at the moment. He sighed, placing his cookie between his lips before he leaned back and reaching into his jacket pocket. He fumbled around for a moment before pulling out a red, monogramed handkerchief and holding it out to Owl.

"There's no need for tears, he ain't gone yet...." His voice softened, slightly muffled from behind his cookie, but he was being kind. Sure, everyone had their differences; however, they all looked out for each other, even if they did not like each other. Face's frown deepened as Ghost grew rather cross. He could understand where he was coming from, to be fully honest, being that everyone was already acting like he died or some shit. Sure, Face was sad to here that his mentor was leaving; however, he also understood that Ghost was not getting any younger...This business was not kind to age. It took any weakness and would eat away at the person...chew them up and spit them out. It seemed that at this moment, Face was the most logical of the three, glancing over his shoulder at Ghost to see the sudden look of discomfort cross the man's face.

hmph...seems like he finally realized, eh? Face asked himself as he watched the wave of anxiety cross Ghost's slightly exhausted features...Ghost would have to pick a nre leader...it was an obvious choice to pick Haze; however, with the man having retired himself and confined himself to the walls of the guild's infirmary, Face no longer saw that as likely. Who was next in line? Possibly Sebastiano..or even himself, since he and Sebastiano had joined at the same time...Face knew his limits. He was confrontational, too radical and unable to keep his own biases hidden. He was reckless, even if he was one of the best in the guild...Face knew he would not be a good leader...He usually lacked good people skills, usually coming off as a total asshole and not being able to actually rally people or motivate them...Hell, be barely had motivation for himself...so maybe Sebastiano was a better choice as leader...But had being the guild's bartender made Sebby soft? Face had no comment on that, being that he could see that sadistic old glimmer in his eyes as well.

When Haze resurfaced from the basement, Face turned to look at him, a small smirk tugging at the edge of his lips. "Hope, ya didn't scare the kid too bad, Haze." Face knew just how heartless and relentless Haze could be...Gwendolyn thought Face was the bad one? Face was the scariest only in the field... He would break you physically, testing your body to its true limits until you would collapse from exhaustion... but when it came to psychological torture, Haze was the true expert.

Last edited:
Yvonne "the Owl" Mckenzie
Still sobbing at the counter, Face offered her a hanky, which she gladly took and wiped away her tears "Thanks... I know that he's not gone yet...It's just that...I don't want us to break apart..." she sobbed, her tears leaking out again.

Yvonne never had a decent family. Her parents were always at work and her brother never bothers to visit her. She was always lonely when she stumbled upon the guild. Her once colourless life was filled with magnificent splashes of colours as she joined the guild. She was happy and contented. For her, they were her family, and the very thought of breaking up is too much for her to handle. She doesn't want to go back to her old self, she don't want that.

She profusely wiped away her tears, her breathing getting normal as she calmed herself "I'm sorry I snapped earlier, the dogs just gets on my nerves." she mumbled, ashamed to look him in the eyes.

She hated to cry and be seen on a weak state, she even hate it when she lose her cool. She's the Owl for Pete's sake! She was supposed to be silent, emotionless and deadly. Letting out a sigh, she gave Face his handkerchief back, now soggy and wet and turned her attention to Sebby. "Thanks, Sebby" she said with a faint smile and sat up straight, "You do know you're the best right?" she stated as she spread the Devonshire and took a bite of the luscious pastry.

She then heard footsteps from the basement. Expecting that it would be Wolf, she whipped her head around but saw Haze. She was a bit disappointed that it was Haze.

"Oh, hi Haze..." she greeted, returning her gaze to the scones and sipped her tea. "What were you doing down there? And where's Wolf? I heard there's a newbie, is she downstairs? Ugh, my headache..." she rambled on, her usual self coming back, although her headache is getting worse.

Goodbyes or the prospect of it was often quite difficult for Sebastiano. Mostly it was because he could not picture out the guild minus Ghost. "I..." he turned to blow smoke and rub his temples, then he turned and crushed his cigarette in a stylish ashtray on the counter which he set near Face.

"Always quick to tease me for lighting up, eh? Told you it's calming." Face said with a little pout. Sebastaino ran a hand through his bangs which fell perfectly back into place. "I never condemned you, I just don't like the smell on my clothes and hair." It didn't at all take much to tell that Sebastiano was a little vain, specially with his stylish clothes, well-maintained skin and hair. It does good in his missions where he has to gain trust, which is his speciality. He's best known for his wide network of contacts and informants and was often deployed in VIP cases.

Thinking about those contacts, he went a little closer to Ghost to serve his chamomile tea. "Added some lavender, helps with sleep." He said, picking up his own mood. I have contacts in Japan whose business extends to Hawaii. They'll do me favors, so tell me if you'd like some help on living conditions." He smiled.

His smile became even more cheery with Yvonne's comment. "Only for the best." He replied, with a wink. He came closer to her, took Face's handkerchief before it reached him and dabbed a dry corner on the tear stains and Devonshire sauce spot on her cheek.

He took the empty plates and glasses and put them on the sink, turning back to clean up the small spots on the table before going back to the sink to wash them. His thoughts were on the guild's future. No one can ever replace Ghost or the calm demeanor he had as a leader. That was what made people stick to the Guild. No one was pressured into anything but everyone strived to improve. No one can ever compare to Ghost's quiet wisdom. Come to think of it, if the Guild was a company, Sebastiano was the HR. He is the contact person for prospective clients. He would then report these to Ghost. Assassins report to Haze when the job was finished, for medical check ups. Then Sebastiano would feed them and let them talk about their experiences.

More appropriately then, if the Guild was a family and their pensive and collected Guild Master was a father, doting Sebastiano was the mother who never wants more than what would keep the assassins physically and emotionally strong for the job and would do the recovery missions that would pick up the mess that a Contract would leave.

Perhaps, Sebastiano mused, This family can stay standing with the two uncles Face and Haze as joint leaders. He put away the cleaned plates. Joint. Leaders. He chuckled to himself. But it could work. Their rhyming nicknames is a good sign. They can be the mama and papa.

He didn't notice that he was laughing as he hung the glasses to dry.

"That look on your face signals your disappointments, Owl." Haze grinned, noticing that Owl's eyes seem low upon seeing him. "I was just giving the newbie an orientation. Nothing really different. Wolf's there as well-- though, she seems preoccupied." Then... Haze smelled it... SMOKE-- mother effing smoke! Haze's eyes darted to the veterans, and his smile grew... it was Sebastiano, this time. The doctor grinned darkly as he slowly approached the table. Suddenly, Face remarked-- hoping that he hadn't scared the neophyte too badly. Now, that was a good question. Did he scare her? Nah! Of course not! That was far from what Haze was before... Speaking of which...

The dark halls of the library were illuminated by a single, flickering lamp that hovered over a rust-coated dissection table. On top was the corpse of a female; the latest of Haze's research subjects. This dreary sight was the very first spectacle that the recruits back then encountered. This was the batch that Face belonged to. During this time, Haze wasn't fully retired to the infirmary-- no, he was still the spectre that haunted the memories of those who lived to tell the tale.

The recruits stood motionlessly in front of the table; the female carcass opened up from the throat until the cervix. Then, as the smell of methane and ammonia became incapacitating, a man who was wearing a white, doctor's coat arrived and stood in front of the recruits. The man spun around, revealing a young man with glasses. Haze didn't have his headset back then... nor the metal plates on his cheeks. He was still... young.

"Greetings, neophytes. Don't think you're out of the blue just because Ghost gave you the thumbs up. Ghost has grown soft over the years, but you'll find out that more than half will be eliminated from you scums. Look to your left, then to your right, then behind you... then in front. Those are not your friends-- they are competition. They're just hiding knives behind their backs. Don't you scums forget it." Haze grinned insanely as he drew nearer to the trembling neophytes. "My name is Dr. Xion Trevor, but you can call me Haze. Why Haze? You know the feeling when anesthesia is inserted into your system? The light-headed, floating feeling? I like to give my victims a dose of it-- just to see them suffer a wee bit longer. After all, what's the fun if they die instantly? The feeling of anticipation of pain... the feeling that any moment now... you will feel the agony of having your arms amputated... one nerve after the other. That's why I'm Haze-- confusion and anticipation of what's to come."

By this time, the most of the recruits were beginning to regret coming here. Their stares at one another... should they run? Should they outnumber the doctor?

"You might think that you're big and bad; that you're the greatest assassin to ever walk the Earth. Well, let me tell you this. Combine every crime you committed, and that's merely a minor offense compared to what I've done. You think you've got blood on your hands? Wait 'till you get organs and intestines on them. You're all mere shadows compared to what I am, and you're all mere specks of dust compared to what Ghost is. Remember your places, filth." Haze spat as he now eyed the recruits one by one. "I'm gonna ask you all a question. Say, you were being chased due to a failed mission. You're being chased by the law. You're wounded, starved, and exhausted. What do you do? A. Go back to the guild and ask for help to complete the mission or B. Die with a failed mission? What say you?" Haze now smiled at the males and females.

The recruits didn't answer immediately, and so, Haze got to them one by one; asking each and every one their answer. The recruits sputtered and stammered until one particular recruit refused to answer. Haze's eyes were filled with fury. "What's your answer, scum?"

The recruit didn't utter one word. "GIVE ME A FUCKING ANSWER, DAMN IT!" Haze roared, pulling out a scalpel, and launching it at the corpse-- embedding the metal blade inside the corpse's skull with a sickening sound. "If you don't give me an answer, I'll make sure that the next scalpel will ease its way into your cerebral cortex. THREE. TWO. ON--"

The recruit blurted out A, and so, Haze moved on. Most of them now were pissing their pants, and after the inquisition was done, Haze stepped back. "Those who answered A, get out of my sight. Apply again when I'm dead." the ones who answered A began to grumble, and when a recruit made the great mistake of attacking Haze, the doctor grinned, and twisted the man's arms and tackled the fool to the floor. "Perhaps you'd like to be my new test subject? Let's see what's inside that brain of yours for you to try to attack me." Haze licked his lips and pressed another scalpel to the man's crown. The recruit flooded tears and pleaded for life. "Get out of my sight, and if I see you again... I will carve my name inside your corpus callosum." the grumbling stopped instantly.

The failed recruits filed out of the library-- never seen again. To the remaining few, Haze addressed them. "In this guild, missions are missions. If you fail a mission, you're putting the guild at a disadvantage. No one would trust our services again. Either you accept a mission, or you don't. In times where plans do not fall into place, and we do fail, we must make sure that we are not followed anymore or we're not hot on the radar. If you return to the guild while being followed, the authorities would know our HQ... and that would be our end. DO NOT ENDANGER THE GUILD BECAUSE OF YOUR RECKLESSNESS." Haze continued as he now led each one into another sector of the library where the chosen recruit was shown a blindfolded guild member.

"In this guild, you need to remove one to add one. Hence, if you want to join this guild... kill this useless member." Haze instructed and handed the recruit with a knife. The answer was simple... but only one got it correctly. That last one... was Dominic. The recruits weren't suppose to attack the bound member... and when Dominic succeeded, Haze explained why:

"In this guild... more than just assassins, we are a family. We look out for one another. A brother's pain is the pain of the entire guild. We are like a human body-- if one joint is hurt, the rest of the system suffers. Hence, we never raise our hand against a brother... because in a guild of shadows... we have nothing but each other to count on." Haze explained as he left Dominic-- now full-fledged assassin. "Once you leave this library... you must think of an alias as your identity. This alias is not because we are afraid of being discovered. No. If we are as good as we claim to be, there is no need to hide who we are. Rather, this alias is for our identity to be imprinted on the field of assassinations. Your alias will be your calling card-- so that when people hear your alias... they shall tremble in fear and remember that DEATH, indeed, has a name." Haze turned to Dominic. "Welcome to the Nocturne Guild. This is where your new future begins." with those words, Haze left the library.

The doctor snapped out of the flashback as he turned to Sebastiano who had just extinguished his cigarette. "Good thing I was distracted, Sebastiano. If Gwendolyn is scared of that orientation, then, she doesn't deserve to become an assassin. You know of who I once was, Face." Haze grinned as he looked at the veterans. Who would be the replacement for Ghost? He couldn't imagine anyone being the guild master if it wasn't Ghost. "Quite a pickle, this is. Sebastiano, one glass of red wine for me, please."

• Love
Reactions: AshenAngel
Ghost smiled when Sebastiano gave him his tea. "Thank you." He sighed, his previous frustration leaving him a bit tired. His mind had been racing since his return from Siberia, though now that he'd announced his vague plans he just wanted to head to his room and think... And pass out in the process.
He picked up his tea and took a small sip, not without noticing the old scar that ran across the palm of his left hand. An old Latin phrase sounded in the back of his mind. Sanguine fratres. A feeling came from deep in his gut, something wasn't quite right. He took another sip of his tea, hoping that his gut was wrong. Of course, it was never wrong, but one could always hope.

((The OOC thread is up! Check the first post!))

Last edited:
Haze eyed Ghost who was examining the wound that left a mark on his palm. With a smile, the doctor advised the leader to take it easy and let his body relax for a while. "Ghost, you'll need to rest first. I can't have you coughing up mucus and blood everywhere. The infection will be real." Haze grinned before adjusting his glasses. "Besides, I think we've had enough of remembering the past. I have to check on something. Just a hunch. You, guys, take care." Haze excused himself with a smile, and exited the guild without as much as taking any mission order. Haze had a goal in mind-- to find the root cause of what was reducing the mission orders for the guild. Without mission orders, there was no money. No money equals no guild. No, it wasn't world peace. There's no such thing as peace-- peace is a fairy tale. Something or someone was interfering with their operations, and Haze intended to find out what or who was doing so.

It Haze a few good hours to get to the city that thrived beneath the mountains that the guild was located on. It was pretty... scottish. There was nothing really different. Still, it's been a while since he was out in the open. Usually, he was always inside the guild-- specifically, inside the library. The doctor strolled through from block to the other, and noticed nothing unusual. The place was as hustling and bustling as it was years ago. Sure, there were cops here and there, but it was nothing but normal. Maybe... the guild's time has just passed?

Apparently not.

As Haze strolled through the town, men in black... they were eyeing him. No, not the usual 'hey, it's a doctor' glare... a gaze that sent a shiver down Haze's spine. Of course, he didn't want to rouse suspicion, and so, he walked ever so calmly. Going back to the guild was not an option now with those two goons trailing him ever so obviously. What the hell was happening?!

Ghost... A thought entered Haze's mind. Trouble is brewing...

Hither and thither Haze went about the city, trying to lose the stalkers. However, with each and every corner he ventured in, another goon would appear trail him. Suddenly, Haze understood... they were cornering him-- boxing him like a mere toad ready for dissection.

Down the alley Haze went, and with the shadows, he hid himself whilst trying to plan his way out. Suddenly, a goon appeared beside him and with a swift motion, Haze blocked the leg that had tried to kick his sides. The doctor gripped the leg, and reached into his coat-- pulling out his favorite weapon, a scalpel. Haze drove the scalpel down the man's leg and quickly pulled the blade out, and with reflexes like lightning, Haze incised the scalpel into the man's jugulars. Before the blood could splash him, Haze immediately backed off, eyeing the quivering foe with apathetic eyes.

"For whom do you work for?" Haze inquired, his voice grim and cold.

The man didn't answer, and after a few seconds, he breathed his last.

"I shouldn't have aimed for the jugulars. I always forget that they die so easily." Haze mumbled before inspecting the corpse of his foe. Then, he came upon a tattoo that was embedded on the man's wrist... a red flower, wreathed in blood droplets with a sword plunged in its core. "Sanguine Fratres..." a glint of fear sparked in Haze's eyes. I ain't gonna make it out of here... the horrid thought entered Haze's mind as he heard an audible sound of gunshot that rung in his ears. They had caught up to him!

Haze dashed once more, trying to elude his pursuers. Haze pulled out another scalpel, and used the two weapons to his advantage. As one goon after the other appeared in the alleyway, Haze fought them by himself. He launched one of his scalpels at a nearby foe, embedding the weapon in the man's skull with a sickening crack. At the same time, Haze spun around, taking hold of another's arm, twisting and breaking it in the process. Another foe appeared, brandishing a Glock 22 and unleashing a few rounds at Haze. The doctor used the man whose arms he had just broken as a shield, and pushed the same goon towards the gunman, toppling him. Haze dashed forward and threw the last scalpel at the man's wrist, disabling the fool from grabbing his gun again.

The doctor took hold of the gun and hid behind some boxes to evade some of the reinforcements' bullets. He fired back a few rounds before ultimately realizing that the pistol was out of ammunition.

Ghost... Face... Venom... Wolf... Crown... Owl... If only I-- No... Reinforcements ain't coming. The life of an assassin is to be Death itself... and to accept the consequences. Ain't that right, Ghost? If I am to sleep now... then, I won't be falling asleep alone.

Haze smiled to himself, now pulling out a medium-sized spherical object. It was an anesthesia... Only this time, it was similar to a smoke grenade. Haze threw the grenade over to his foes, and after a few seconds, a gas of anesthesia formed. The doctor sprinted away from the battlefield with the sounds of gunshots as his musical symphony.

The rain poured hard, now. The grey skies were weeping as it seemed. Haze, now, walked slowly. His arm to his side. He had been hit by the first instance of gunshot, and now, his blood was pouring like a crimson waterfall. His glasses were broken, and his hair soaked by the rain. His eyes looked up to the crying heavens, and like a rag doll, he fell to the wet pavement. His blood melded with the waters, creating a grisly canvas of blood and pain.

His breathing was erratic, but no... he had to leave something for the guild if he was to sleep... Exerting every last bit of his strength, Haze dragged himself to a shaded area somewhere in the alleys. Then, with his own blood, he wrote a message on the wall that Ghost would inevitably understand...

Sanguine Fratres... Enemy... Guild... Fight...Live... Face... no smoke... I kill y(with the blood smearing downwards in a vertical fashion)

Haze's finger dropped to the ground as his breathing became erratic. "I... don't want to... sleep... ye--" the darkness threatened to claim him, then again... should an assassin have the right to be afraid of the dark?

Ghost finished his tea, offering a small smirk at Haze with his comment about him needing to rest. "Don't have too much fun in the city." He called after the doctor as he left the building. His gut had him wishing that Haze had stayed here. Though, there wasn't going to be any stopping the doctor. "I'm going to go to bed." He stated as he finally stood from the bar.

--------------------------------------

Ace Furden

... Now, what's going on here? Those idiots are seriously ganging up on one of Archie's kids? Damn fools.

Silently watching the whole exchange was none other than good ol' Acey, moving across the rooftops as the pursuit continued. He didn't interfere, knowing what would happen to him. Soon the conflict was over and Archie's boy was moving slow, leaving a trail of blood. But Ace remained up on the rooftop, knowing better than to approach. He'd be viewed as an enemy. So, Ace, ever patient, waited as the man slipped into unconsciousness. Carefully climbing down the fire escapes, the redhead was soon at the man's side. He pulled a playing card from his breast pocket, an ace of hearts, and placed it against the wall beside what the man had written.
Next he pulled out a few bandages and tightly rapped them around the wound. Fortunately his temporary home was right around the corner. There might be a chance of saving him.
Ace carefully positioned himself so that he could pick up and carry the man.
"Geeze... You weigh more that you look." He grumbled as he slung the man's arm over his shoulder and lifted him up.

God, I'm out of shape...

Soon they arrived at his temporary home, a small two bedroom apartment. Thank the lord for elevators. One of his neighbors looked frazzled upon seeing the two. "My mate 'ere got a wee bit too thirsty at a zombie walk, it's alright." He explained as he fumbled with his keys. He got into the apartment and laid the man out on his coffee table.
He began to rush around the apartment, gathering up his many medical supplies that went a little above and beyond what an ordinary person would own. He began to hurriedly treat the man.

Last edited:
  • Love