Are you...a Drifter...or an End?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Ms.Ezra

Original poster
Recently I have gotten back into the wonderful manga by Kohta Hirano, Drifters, and I'm wondering how much interest there is for a Redstar Group RP?

For those unfamiliar, Drifters follows the story of historical figures who, upon their death, are transported by one of two entities to another world of elves, dwarves and other fantasy creatures.

The Drifters are characters who are driven by violence, victory, and conquest; but most of them are not cruel and do not tolerate the hurting of innocents. Note: most of them. What really separates them from the Ends are unless born with them, they do not have magical abilities in this new world and are highly independent to the point of chaos unless one with sufficient charisma comes to lead them.

This is Murasaki, the one who brings them into the world.

latest

The Ends are characters who are like the Drifters, mainly composed of powerful historical figures who died under unorthodox and often violent circumstances. Unlike the Drifters, however, the Ends are revered humans that have forsaken their humanity, and are thus capable of using supernatural powers. Most of the Ends are driven completely by an intense hate for humanity for the various betrayals each suffered back on Earth. They seem to have been brought into the new world by EASY, who is at odds with Murasaki. (full disclosure, taken from Wikipedia)

This, is EASY.

easy_drifters_2_by_snakeraid-d4qkupt.jpg

Obviously this would be great for history buffs, but even if not I think we should feel free to embellish/parody historical figures. I'd prefer to keep away from the canon characters, if you please.

I, as GM, would take the role of Murasaki but EASY would be open as a kind of co-GM position.

Interested parties can post here. If we get at least four people, we can move forward to characteer creation. I'm waiting to gauge interest before trying to develop a system of stats and other things.

Of course as a Redstar RP there will be graphic language, various adult situations, and if some are feeling frisky with their characters, sexual content. Although to keep such scenes from bogging down the main RPs, I will ask that in the main threads such scenes fade to black, and participants make a seperate thread for their character alone time.

UPDATE: I will not be doing stats for this.

And this is so far the only Character Sheet we will be having:

----------------[ Basic Info ]----------------
[Appearance]
Name:
Time Period of Origin:
National Origin:
Top Skill: (Such as gunfighting, swordsmanship, diplomacy)
Worst Skill: (Same as above)
Power: (If an End or Drifter that in our world was rumored the person possessed, in this they did)

----------------[ Backstory ]----------------

Here, you would give a brief bio of their exploits before and up to their entry into this new world

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you elaborate on what you mean by "system of stats"? I'm also assuming this would be anime face claims, since you're working from the manga?

Could you elaborate on what you mean by "system of stats"? I'm also assuming this would be anime face claims, since you're working from the manga?

Yes anime face claims can be the norm, but since we are dealing with historical figures and not all have been drawn in the style, other types will be acceptable.

As for stats I was debating whether to implement stats like Strength, Intelligence etc. You know to curb OP characters. But I may not. Thanks for asking :)

Reactions: Katori
I really enjoyed what I've read from Drifters, but must admit that I have never done stats for a character before.

I'd definitely be interested! I have finals the coming week though so my activity will be sporadic.

I have an interest and a pick on who I'll be making.

Natalya Kovshova, as a Drifter likely.

Name: Hassan-I Sabbah

Time Period of Origin: 11th-13th century.

National Origin: The Middle East

Top Skill: Assassination

Worst Skill: Direct Combat

Power

Presence Concealment: Hassan-I Sabbah can vanish entirely, so long as there is a shadow to hide in at hand. In such a state, he cannot be detected by any means till he acts, whether to strike from the shadows, move from shadow to shadow or to make himself known to a particular figure. This is a nod to the story of when Saladin, the Muslim Sultan of Egypt and Syria, made an alliance with the rebel sect in order to avoid more attempts on his life. One of these attempts involved the Assassins placing a poisoned cake on Saladin's chest as he slept, with a warning note to desist from his military exploits, bypassing his entire entourage without them noticing them.

Spider Climb: There is no surface Hassan-I Sabbah cannot climb and quite unnatural it seems as well, to see him skittering like a spider on impossible looking surfaces. This is a nod to the more wildly supernatural stories attributed to them, as well as a nod to the steep mountains in which they made their base.

Angel of Death: While even someone such as he is more then a match for the average warrior, when confronting those whose legends are based on the sword, Hassan-I Sabbah knows better then to confront head on. Which makes this ability useful in such times. Replicating himself in an array of illusions, he can direct them either to all converge on the warrior and force him or her to determine which is which before he strikes, or use them as a distraction to make them all run in various directions to cover his escape. Or even merely to have one deliberately sighted, to sow rumor and confusion. This is a nod to the tactics of the Assassin Order, specializing in the confusion of their enemies.

----------------[ Backstory ]----------------

Hassan-I Sabbah.

'Old Man of the Mountain.'

Grandmaster of a Nizari Ismailis faction, which would later become known by a more infamous name. The Order of the Assassins. Based out in Alamut, the Assassins created a name for themselves, one that would send the civilized world reeling with the legends ascribed to them. About the loyalty, Hassan-I Sabbah could invoke in his followers, sending one of his own to leap to his death at a word. Or how he could ascend his chosen to paradise, allowed a decapitated head to speak from beyond of the pleasures that awaited. Immortal, deathless...In the end, the Assassins would outlive their day and Alamut would be sacked by the Mongols.

Hassan-I Sabbah would fade and only the legends remained.

The truth, is another story entirely.

Hassan-I Sabbah- The original, had died a long time ago as all men will. In his place, came successors. Others who as well, took upon the name of Hassan-I Sabbah, thereby ensuring the mystique of their founder and leader. To take upon the name of Hassan-I Sabbah meant you had to be the utmost best... A task, that the current holder of the title had failed in.

Alamut had been sacked, its treasures scattered beforehand or destroyed at his order, but the Assassins were but a shadow of what they had been during the Crusades heights. His predecessors had all performed their duty, against the Christian Invaders and what had he done? Little, if anything...He could not even save their home, nor their good name against those his order had long fought to protect and preserve.

Hash-ishiyun, they called them now. Drug abusers, rabble...Outcast. In the end, all hands were against them and the only footnote they would ever get of their deeds to preserve the Holy Land and the Sultans they served, was that of crazed men.

Though considering where he ended up, perhaps there was a little truth to it. He must be drugged, to be in a world such as this.

But those who bear the title Hassan-I Sabbah are nothing, if not practical and quietly he currently blends in as a common sellsword.​

I'm down for being an End. Though, it's been awhile since I last Roleplayed so likely can't be co-GM EASY.

Nice! Going to be on mobile rest of the day so cant do much today, but will do some physical writing in downtime for setup and such.

All right, I'm gonna go with Shigehide Suzuki, a Magoichi.

@Ms.Ezra considering the small interest so far will you be planning to make use of End NPCs? The current character I'm working on may work better as such, but I'm not entirely certain.

Yes I will for the time being be implementing at least two NPCs for Ends and others.

Is it still possible to apply? :D

I'd like to take on the role of either Simo Hayaa or Lauri Torni.

Status
Not open for further replies.