Apparently bacon, ham, and sausage can cause cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS IS CANCER AND THAT IS CANCER. EVERYTHING IS CANCER

except avocado. That's pretty safe

2583956.jpg

Then I'll just eat more and it'll all cancel out.

This isn't news. I was told told by my doctor years ago to change my diet. Because bowel cancer runs in the family. This has been known by the medical community for quote a while.

Life is a STD that has 100% likelihood of death.

Rice can cause cancer.
RICE. THE SOURCE OF MY LIFE AND SOUL ITSELF THE GLORIOUS GRAIN THAT THE FARMERS SHED TEARS AND FARM WITH THEIR BLOOD AND SWEAT CAUSES CANCER GG MY LIFE IS SHORT.

THIS FOOD CAUSES CANCER.
THAT FOOD CAUSES CANCER.
EVERY SINGLE FUCKING FOOD CAUSES CANCER THESE DAYS...

WELL I'M SORRY THAT I HAVE TO EAT A VARIETY OF "CANCER-CAUSING" FOODS EVERYDAY.

AND I'M SORRY THAT I DON'T WANT TO EAT ONLY ICE CUBES AND DRINK ONLY WATER EVERYDAY AS MY DAILY MEAL.

I'M SORRY THAT I HAVE TO EAT FOOD TO SURVIVE.

SO SHUT UP AND LET ME EAT MY FOOD IN PEACE.

Reactions: LunaValentine
THIS FOOD CAUSES CANCER.
THAT FOOD CAUSES CANCER.
EVERY SINGLE FUCKING FOOD CAUSES CANCER THESE DAYS...

WELL I'M SORRY THAT I HAVE TO EAT A VARIETY OF "CANCER-CAUSING" FOODS EVERYDAY.

AND I'M SORRY THAT I DON'T WANT TO EAT ONLY ICE CUBES AND DRINK ONLY WATER EVERYDAY AS MY DAILY MEAL.

I'M SORRY THAT I HAVE TO EAT FOOD TO SURVIVE.

SO SHUT UP AND LET ME EAT MY FOOD IN PEACE.
This just in: Hydrogen dioxide causes cancer. More at 11.

What if oxygen is an hallucinogenic gas???

Apparently...oxygen is actually lethal to humans...but it depends on how pure the oxygen is. The purer the oxygen the deadlier it is lol

It's been scientifically proven that when humans die they stop breathing.

Well tbf, anything processed has something bad about it. But eh, still eating those. Almost everything we eat is slowly killing us anyway, so why not have some fun and enjoy?

*noms on bacon strips*

I'm more fascinated by the response to this article than the actual article, itself. Some people on the internet are getting REALLY fired up about this and thinking that a poorly reported clickbait article is an attack on all things bacon, that WHO wants to...take away our bacon. (No really, I am not making this shit up, check the hashtag SaveBacon.)

I have not seen people get this hot under the collar since the latest round of gun control clickbait and it is hilarious and sad at the same time. Because people take things that are shared en mass on Facebook as fact.

Especially since bacon wasn't really a prominent food in the American psyche until the 90s, when an aggressive marketing campaign started releasing adverts with the slogan calling pork: the other white meat. Yeah, Americans have been eating pork since before the 90s, it just wasn't fetishized to the extent today. See also the onslaught of gelatin-based recipes in post-War American cook books. That was also a similar marketing campaign so that all the companies making processed foods (like Jell-O!) for field rations could stay in business. Or the invention of the Coffee Break marketing campaign, also in the 50s, by our favorite behaviorial psychologist John B. Watson. (You know, that guy who scared small children for science.)

This has been your Fun Facts Post With Tegan.

Don't you shit talk coffee breaks. They are a goddamn religion here in sweden.

Fika is life. Fika is truth.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Tegan
No Hellis, I'm here to take away that thing you love. By pointing out tidbits of marketing history no one cares about anyway.

*Shits in a coffee cup, writes HELLIS on it*

Status
Not open for further replies.