Anyone play any MMOs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've played a lot of the bigger one, not many browser-based ones (aside from Runescape which I played for like a week before I got bored with it). Most of them I played only for a little bit before getting annoyed with things enough to stop, and some I set aside for various reasons and then just never got back to, but I still played them so I say it counts.

World of Warcraft - Played a shitload of it, probably a legitimately unhealthy amount of it. I think in total I probably got up to 1 year actual time played across all my characters. For real, definitely possible that I hit 8760 total hours played. There were many months of my life where my schedule went wake up, go to high school, come home and play WoW until sleep was required, rinse and repeat. On weekends and days where I skipped school (which were a lot of days because I was a shit) it was just playing WoW all day with breaks only for using the bathroom and getting food (which I would eat while playing). A huge chunk of that all that time played, maybe even a majority, was spent roleplaying rather than doing the normal game stuff. If not for getting into roleplaying I probably would have sunk only a few hundred hours into the game, haha. I've resolved to never play WoW again both because that kind of obsession is really awful and because the shit they've done to the game since I last played (which was around the end of the Cataclysm expansion) seems pretty shitty so I've got no real interest in experiencing it.

RIFT - Played one character up to max level before it went free to play, didn't find enough end game content to keep me engaged, never paid for a second month of the subscription. Fiddled with it again after it went free to play, but I wasn't really in the mood for an MMO at the time so I didn't do much. It wasn't bad, and the class system made for slightly more interesting progression than the standard MMO fare, but in the end it really felt like WoW with some tweaks so if I was gonna play that style of game again I might as well go for the better iteration, ie WoW itself.

Everquest 2 - Played it for a couple days after it went free to play, didn't really care for how it looked and how player movement felt like trying to steer a tugboat, stopped playing it.

Aion - Never played much of this one. Grabbed it through Steam when it was on sale, hated how slow everything felt (from movement to leveling to even crafting progression), stopped playing after only a couple days.

TERA - I quite enjoyed this one, really fun combat. I played one character up to max level and didn't really get into the end game content aside from some of the regular 5 man dungeons, then went and fucked around on some alts, and then I got distracted by... some other game, can't recall what it was, and then I just never got back into it for some reason. If I were to get in the mood to play an MMO again I'd probably go for this one over all the others on the list because fun level + no subscription fee or need to buy new expansions.

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Played it for one of their final beta weekends, didn't like how the combat felt. Tried it again later after it went free to play, still didn't care for the combat, stopped playing it.

Final Fantasy XIV - Got the re-release of it around the end of last year. The class system was pretty nice, it didn't have any of the control of combat issues that turn me away from a lot of MMOs, and the story stuff was actually pretty decent. Like TERA, it was one I liked a lot but then put aside and never got back into it. The reason for this one was that I lost my job I had at the time so I didn't pay for more subscription time, then by the time I had money again I had other things I wanted to get instead of dropping money on an MMO sub fee. If I were to want to play an MMO with a sub fee again I'd probably go for this one, because I never even hit max level on a character but even the leveling was a lot of fun, so I could probably get a lot of enjoyment out of it still.

The Elder Scrolls Online - Played it for a total of maybe 20 hours across beta tests, wasn't impressed with the combat stuff largely due to it being overhyped, but it seemed pretty decent. Might get it some day just to play through the solo content for the story stuff, because I like the Elder Scrolls world, but I don't see myself ever getting way invested into the game.

There are definitely others I've played and forgotten about, but I think that's a sufficiently big list already.

I usually play solo because when I want to give a game a try I usually just go for it rather than waiting and wrangling other people to play with me. I also get easily fed up with other people slowing me down, because when I'm leveling a character in an MMO I go as fast as I can manage (minus the time taken to read quest text and such, because that stuff keeps me engaged and is sometimes actually entertaining). However, I do usually join a guild or whatever the game's equivalent is and end up doing a fair amount of group stuff anyway, I just don't purposely anchor myself to playing with other people.

I paid for the subscription to SWTOR because a few of my friends played it, turns out I played it a lot longer than they did. But my computer is really crappy so I stopped playing it. I did like it and I imagine it had some amazing graphics but again a crappy computer ruins everything.

Aion - I like it but at the same time it's just horrible. Or it's probably just the people are horrible, lol. It's a nice set up, has a nice story mode to it and everything.

Shaiya - By God! The terrible of all terrible. I spent a good two years on this game, even became a GameSage at one point for the perks. Wasn't worth it. Became extremely market centered. Everyone who spent $50+ on the game became extremely overpowered and it went from fun to meh all within a few months. Shame though, it was actually a fun game to spend with friends. It's how I met one of my best friends.

Rift - Started it and it's just not capturing my attention like it's supposed to. I don't know if it's because I'm tired of MMO's or if it's really just a bad game.

I loved Eden Eternal when it first came out, thoroughly enjoyed being a beta tester. Game went live there were more bots than players and I just said forget it and walked away from it.

Runescape I played back with a few friends, they kept playing and I just sort of left it because it seemed ridiculously lame. Not sure how it made a comeback recently but hey whatever floats their boats. It just seemed overly ridiculous to me.

PWI was probably another one that I played that I enjoyed that seemed overbalanced.

I don't remember the names of all the games I've tried, just way too many to count. I don't know if I'm bored with them or they're boring because I have no one to play with.

It would be nice to play a game that has a balance so no one is too overpowered but apparently that's asking for too much. I considered getting myself a gaming laptop for Christmas and splurging on myself, but then I realized there's no point now because I can't find anything that I can actually get into. PC related anyway.

WoW I have NEVER played but with the way everyone talks about their unhealthy obsessions with it I really want to try it. But I can't imagine sinking $40-$60 into a game every time an expansion comes out. That's how that works right? Pay a crap ton for the expansion and then the monthly fee or? I never actually looked into it honestly. A lot of friends play but I wanted to know what I was getting into before I played it.

Everquest
Everquest 2
Dark Age of Camelot
Planetside
Guild Wars
Final Fantasy XI
World of Warcraft
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Rift
Final Fantasy XIV

WoW I have NEVER played but with the way everyone talks about their unhealthy obsessions with it I really want to try it. But I can't imagine sinking $40-$60 into a game every time an expansion comes out. That's how that works right? Pay a crap ton for the expansion and then the monthly fee or? I never actually looked into it honestly. A lot of friends play but I wanted to know what I was getting into before I played it.
Yeah, that's how it works. They just recently made it so all but the newest expansion comes free with purchase of the base game (which they seem to do regularly a little while before new expansions come out, in order to lower bar to entry and hopefully entice new players and re-hook players who quit 1 or more expansions ago). If you wanted to play it now and have all the content available you'd have to pay about $20 for the base game and $50 for the newest expansion, then the subscription fee after whatever free time you get with the game purchase (a month, I think). Pretty sure the expansions have all been $50 on release.

Really though, if you want to just try it out to see if you actually like it or not you can do so easily with just the $20 base game. It'll take you some time to level a character up to the point where you'd need the newest expansion to progress farther, and by then you ought to already have a good idea of whether or not that level of investment is worth it for you.

World of Warcraft. I play that one all the time.
I also occasionally drop on by the wonderful and beautiful world of Guild Wars 2.

Before NCSoft disenfranchised a small legion of extremely dedicated fans by unceremoniously killing the title, I also played City of Heroes/City of Villains. I made some killer friends in that game, some of whom I remain in close contact with today.

@Khoro Yea Eden Eternal was good while it lasted. It kept me pretty engaged for a couple of months until I just got seriously bored with soloing. I checked it again after they revamped it and got a character to level 32 before quitting again.

@Kestrel For Elsword I mainly just stuck with Eve through the whole game and never really stuck with other characters until Add came out (I practically played day and night to get his level up to my main level 30 something char).

I used to play City of Heroes but after it went away I went to my room and cried my heart out. There was also Champions but that wasn't as great as City of Heroes in my opinion. I played EverQuest 2 for a while, although not very long because my life got swamped with school. I've also been pretty indecisive about playing Elder Scrolls Online...

Did someone say "MMO"?

tumblr_m8upb4Quen1rvcjd7o1_250.gif

Aaaaaanyway, I mostly solo, but sometimes join guilds.

And now my gaming history.

Played Fiesta before Outspark closed. Got to level 25 on a gambit before getting tired of the grind.

Played Grand Fantasia for months, and leveled by main to 50 or 60 something, eventually quitting after getting tired of my dead guild sometime in 2013. Tried playing it after the server merge with a new character, but didn't get so far. Might try out my old char again sometime.

Played Eden Eternal after I got bored of GF, and enjoyed it until I got to 40 something and it got really grindy. Eventually stopped playing after the patch that limited the unlimited dungeon runs.

Played Aura Kingdom, enjoyed it. Lost interest for reasons I forgot. Apparently liked it enough that I made gameplay/commentary videos on YouTube before getting caught up in TERA and roleplaying.

Played Allods Online while it was still on gpotato. Got bored after about 13 levels of soloing.

Played Aion for a while. Got bored of soloing after 15 levels.

TERA was love. TERA was life. Until a few weeks ago, when I screwed up my time management. Currently trying to catch up with my friend on a different server.

Tried out FFXIV for a week or two, but messed up my time management while trying to balance it with TERA.

And that's about it.

Back_away_slowly.gif

Did someone say "MMO"?

tumblr_m8upb4Quen1rvcjd7o1_250.gif

Aaaaaanyway, I mostly solo, but sometimes join guilds.

And now my gaming history.

Played Fiesta before Outspark closed. Got to level 25 on a gambit before getting tired of the grind.

Played Grand Fantasia for months, and leveled by main to 50 or 60 something, eventually quitting after getting tired of my dead guild sometime in 2013. Tried playing it after the server merge with a new character, but didn't get so far. Might try out my old char again sometime.

Played Eden Eternal after I got bored of GF, and enjoyed it until I got to 40 something and it got really grindy. Eventually stopped playing after the patch that limited the unlimited dungeon runs.

Played Aura Kingdom, enjoyed it. Lost interest for reasons I forgot. Apparently liked it enough that I made gameplay/commentary videos on YouTube before getting caught up in TERA and roleplaying.

Played Allods Online while it was still on gpotato. Got bored after about 13 levels of soloing.

Played Aion for a while. Got bored of soloing after 15 levels.

TERA was love. TERA was life. Until a few weeks ago, when I screwed up my time management. Currently trying to catch up with my friend on a different server.

Tried out FFXIV for a week or two, but messed up my time management while trying to balance it with TERA.

And that's about it.

Back_away_slowly.gif
First things first, I love your gifs xD and same here for Aurora Kingdom. I really enjoyed playing that MMO when one day I didn't log on which spanned to a week until all of a sudden it became a month since I last played.

As for Eden Eternal the ever changing class system really got me to stick along with it but eventually I did get tired of the never ending side quests which consisted of just killing monsters over and over again. It was fun while it lasted though and I thoroughly enjoyed it :)

I've joined a guild as well hoping to find a group of players that I can quest with. I think I've come across some nice gamers in Aurora Kingdom but I've only really got a chance to play with them once or twice a week because of the huge time difference. Unfortunately we fell out of contact though after my four month reprieve.

Recently I've been playing Lucent Hearts (an MMO that I had made a note to join but never really did until now). The aesthetics are far more simple than EE or AK but the game interface was easy to understand. What kind of kept me away from joining it during its earlier release was the in-depth dating system they had. Apparently it encouraged interacting with other players by matching them up with "Soulmates" after being paired up by "Cupid".

I usually only play solo since I'm not great with wrangling up random people to form a party and the lack of gamer friends I have in irl. That and I just suck at socializing in general.

I currently play :

Void Elsword

Aura Kingdom

League of Legends

Smite
==================
I used to play : Rumble Fighter, WoW , AvA, Gunz 1 & 2, Lucent Heart , DFO, ESO and some others.

I currently play :

Void Elsword

Aura Kingdom

League of Legends

Smite
==================
I used to play : Rumble Fighter, WoW , AvA, Gunz 1 & 2, Lucent Heart , DFO, ESO and some others.
How did LH go for you?Also what chara are you using for Void Elsword?

I have a level 65 Infinity Sword, a level 41 Grand Master, a level 47 Rune Slayer , a level 47 Mastermind , a level 33 C:Electra and a level 41 Reckless Fist on Void

Lucent Heart was nice!~ But it is reallllllllllllllllllly boring without people to play with :)

I have a level 65 Infinity Sword, a level 41 Grand Master, a level 47 Rune Slayer , a level 47 Mastermind , a level 33 C:Electra and a level 41 Reckless Fist on Void

Lucent Heart was nice!~ But it is reallllllllllllllllllly boring without people to play with :)
and me with a level 32 Code Exotic ^^;;

True! I've been considering using the cupid system but I'm not that bored yet.

and me with a level 32 Code Exotic ^^;;

True! I've been considering using the cupid system but I'm not that bored yet.
Yeah, depends on what version of Elsword you play :)

Void Elsword I consider the better version than the rest of them because it's just more balanced and general and requires A LOT less grind! So that's why I have a lot of higher leveled character.

Also I never really got into the cupid system, mainly because when I played Lucent Heart (It was in closed beta I believe) I was lost a lot and didn't know what anything did ; w ;

Yeah, depends on what version of Elsword you play :)

Void Elsword I consider the better version than the rest of them because it's just more balanced and general and requires A LOT less grind! So that's why I have a lot of higher leveled character.

Also I never really got into the cupid system, mainly because when I played Lucent Heart (It was in closed beta I believe) I was lost a lot and didn't know what anything did ; w ;
Lol that was me but with Grand Fantasia xP I started playing it yesterday and the game interface was pretty easy to understand since it was kind of similar to Eden Eternal. I'll just keep leveling then until I get bored.

The only one I play at the moment is Guild Wars 2. I dabbled in Archeage, but have uninstalled it. I just couldn't get into it.

I played some Neverwinter (for the combat, not the world/lore), but it hated my laptop, so I had to stop. I tried Elsword for a little bit, but it wasn't my cup of tea. I'm moreso into the MMOs where I can make my own character. Because of that, I find myself playing Eastern MMOs less and less due to how limited their customization often is. >:|

The other MMOs I've played aren't worth mentioning. :shiftyeyes:

I played Runescape for years.. and then it became horrible and I quit. Played Fiesta for awhile.

.. That's about it. Where do all you people find your MMO's because I can't seem to find good ones >.<

I used to just use Google, but now I use a combo of Steam F2P searches and some MMO-centered Youtube channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.