Another World

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Lucien smiled at her as she walked inside. It was different living with someone but it was definitely alright with him. A shower sounded really good right now. He reached up and scooped Tumn into his hands and rested him on the railing. "You're on your own little one. If you want to wait right here I'll be right back after I take my shower." He scratched the dragon under the chin since he seemed to like it and went to the bathroom. He undressed and turned on the hot water. It felt good running down his skin, he washed the sweat from his body with the soap and washed his hair quickly not wanting to leave Tumn outside by himself for too long. He turned off the water and grabbed a towel to dry, then he realized he had no clean clothes. He turned the water back on and proceeded to wash his clothes with the soap in the shower and then he rung them out best he could.

He wrapped the towel around his waist and brought the now clean wet clothes out to the balcony. He draped them over the edge to dry just enough so that they wouldn't fall over the edge. He picked up Tumn again and replaced him on his shoulder. He seemed to like the vantage of being higher up. He closed his eyes as the breeze hit his body and hair, helping him to dry. He would need to go shopping today to get some new clothes. He didn't have any currency though. Perhaps they would barter with him. He could use his magic as a trade. It was the only thing he had really.

Leila had popped the rolls in the oven by the time Lucien came back out, and she was already in her bedroom. She didn't really need to take a shower in the conventional way - instead, she just ran her hands down her body with a water rope and got just as clean. Even her hair was nice and fresh as she shook it out and brushed the curls out smooth. She tied her hair up in a long ponytail to keep it out of her face, then rummaged through her clothes. They likely wouldn't be hiking again today, she figured, so she didn't need to dress for it.

Finally she settled on a deep purple tank top that was ruffled along the straps and a pure white skirt that hit about mid thigh and was loose enough to flutter freely in the breeze. Not bothering to add shoes, she wandered back out and checked on the buns. They were done, so she pulled them out and flicked the oven off. When she turned to tell Lucien that they were ready, she realized he was in nothing but a towel and she had to stop herself from letting her eyes wander.

"These have to cool for a minute," she finally said, looking down and placing one on a plate before adding the icing drizzle. She did one more, then pulled out a little bowl and filled it with raw steak chunks. The bowl was all she carried out to the balcony, setting it on the railing. Tumn dove off of Lucien's shoulder and tore into the meat contentedly, and Leila examined the dripping clothes. Waving a hand over them, she dried them easily and tossed the water down onto the street. "If you need more clothes, there should be some in your dresser in your bedroom. I believe they're fully stocked for both men and women," she said, accidentally looking at him and telling herself that touching him wouldn't be a good idea.

Lucien turned to the sound of her voice as she came out onto the balcony. Whatever she had cooked smelled amazing. Almost like what he'd had at home. He smiled at her when she dried his clothing. He wished he could do that. "Thank you Leila," he said as he started to move closer to her but stopped himself. He was just going to give her a hug but he was trying his hardest to behave. "I didn't think to check the room because I didn't know how long I was staying with you." It took so much effort to not just reach out and pull her to him. He had enjoyed the kiss last night so much that he had relived it over and over in his dreams.

He nodded to her and pulled the clothes off the railing, walking inside with them. He went to his room and shut the door telling himself he just needed to get dressed. He did look through the dresser and found a pair of loose black shorts that went down a little passed his knees and a white shirt that had no sleeves. He pulled both on and then walked back out to the kitchen. He snagged one of her breakfast treats and took a bite. It was heavenly, the cinnamon and sugar worked together to make it both sweet and spicy. That was what they had missed at home, the cinnamon. "This is great," he told her after he swallowed the first bite and then crammed the rest of it in his mouth.

Taking a deep breath as Lucien disappeared in his room, Leila shook her head and watched Tumn eating for a moment. It wasn't right that she couldn't keep her eyes off of Lucien just because he was half naked and insanely attractive and had kissed her the night before and.. No, no. Stop thinking about it. She knew nothing of his home. Perhaps kissing there wasn't the same as kissing here. It could mean something else. Maybe it was just a friendly gesture.. and maybe she should stop agonizing over it before she drove herself insane trying to figure it out.

She sighed and walked back inside, picking up her plate and sitting at the table with it. The roll was bigger than her fist so she plucked off a piece and munched it, then got up and poured two large glasses of milk as Lucien came back out. By the time she turned, he had stuffed it all in his mouth and she started laughing. He looked hilarious with such a big roll in his cheeks, reminding her of a squirrel. She set down his glass and sat in her own seat, shaking her head.

"You're utterly ridiculous. There are several more, help yourself," she said, gesturing to the counter and taking a bite of her own. "So, what do you plan on doing today?"

Lucien finished the last of the sweet roll in his mouth before grabbing another one and speaking. "I was thinking we could check out the market today if you want. I don't have any currency but I would like to try and figure out a way to get some. Back home I worked in the hospital and they gave me coins enough to live in my home and buy food and clothing. I'm hoping I can do something like that here." They had an odd way of healing but he could get used to it. The way he healed left no room for error and no scars left behind. "Oh and didn't you say something about getting a blue tattoo? Do they do that here?"

He was excited to be exploring. And he hoped he could still include her. She seemed to be ok this morning albeit a bit tired. He wondered just how much sleep she had gotten last night. Probably not much. If this kept going on like it was he was going to have to tackle her to her bed or something so that she could get some good sleep. He knew Tumn slept beside her but he didn't think the little beast would mind if he was holding her. It seemed that the dragon liked him and he was just fine with that. It felt good to have a dragon around again, one he could trust. He only wished he wasn't so small.

Leila held back the urge to yawn and took another bite of her roll, nodding thoughtfully. Stop thinking about how tired you are or you're going to pass out right here. There was a hospital here that she was sure would employ Lucien if he went and applied. New workers were always needed in settings like that. She doubted that he had a doctor degree though so it probably wouldn't be the type of job he was looking for. His next question interrupted her thoughts and she blinked in confusion before remembering their conversation up on the mountain.

"Oh, actually, they're usually.." she began, then paused and tried to decide how to explain it. "They aren't normal ink tattoos. It's more a marking of who you are and what you mean to people. Each one is unique. They're made by somebody with the water power, not by a tattoo pen," she explained, leaving out the fact that it was sometimes considered quite intimate because that wasn't how she had meant it originally. "I could do it for you," she added with a slight shrug. Tumn toddled in, his small belly full as he flew up and stuck his head in Leila's milk.

Lucien smiled at her. She wanted to do it herself. Maybe he was making some ground with her. "I'd like that very much Leila. What kind of marking were you thinking of? And where would you want to put it?" He wondered what she thought about him. He knew it would be reflected in the marking. He knew what he would put on her. It would be something that reflected the sunlight and beauty. He couldn't help but see her like that. He wondered what it would feel like. Before he met her he had never come across anyone with her powers. He wished he could learn but thought it was pretty much impossible.

He watched Tumn come in and walk across the table with his fat little belly and quickly covered his mouth to stifle a laugh at he plunged his head right into Leila's milk and started slurping. The animal didn't ask permission or anything he just started drinking. He looked up at her again, noticing the starting of bags under her eyes from lack of sleep and he started plotting a way to get her to take a nap, even if he had to force her into his arms and lay down with her.

[Sorry about the lapse in posting, busy busy weekend.]

"I don't get to decide. It's hard to explain. What happens is that the person doing the marking lays a hand either on the chest or forehead of the person who is getting marked. There's an incantation and a lot of concentrating, from what I've heard. The markings just sort of.. appear. Some people think that they're a reflection of what the person doing the marking thinks of the other. There are a few markings that are the same on certain people. Markings of a certain family and such," she tried to explain, giving a slight shrug as watched Tumn slurping away at her milk.

"You could have just asked for your own," she chided, poking the little dragon in the side. He chittered a reply at her and gave a snort that sounded suspiciously like laughter. Leila rolled her eyes. "I am not," she argued, then looked up as somebody knocked on the door. Sliding from her seat, she wandered over and opened it, but there was nobody there. Instead, there was a flyer taped to her door. Pulling it off with interest, she nudged the door closed and scanned the paper as she wandered back to the kitchen.

"Apparently there's going to be a big festival in the town square tonight. Lots of dancing, drinking, and all around celebrating the move to the city," she said, then glanced at the bottom. The party wasn't supposed to start until sundown, and it was barely midmorning. She was going to pass out whenever she finally made it to bed. Oh well, she might as well just deal with it. "This will be a good opportunity for you to meet more people and show off your new markings. You'll blend right in," she said, looking up at him with a smile.

Lucien smiled as she argued with Tumn. It was refreshing to see that she still had enough wits for that. He poised himself in the defensive when he heard the knock on the door, a habit he was sure was not really needed here. But when she pulled the flyer off the door and told him about it he relaxed. A festival would be a great way to meet people, if she wasn't about to fall over. He needed to work quickly if he was going to get her to take a nap. "Sounds like a lot of fun. Why don't we get this marking done. Don't know how long it will take." He stood up from his chair and started backing to his bedroom. "We should probably go somewhere comfortable just in case."

He flat out walked to his room then, not giving her the choice. Maybe after he could wrap her in his arms and have her go to sleep in his room. She seemed to be comfortable enough sleeping on him during the bus trip. He left his door open and sat down on the edge of his bed waiting for her. He could use a bit more sleep himself. He pulled off the sleeveless shirt and folded it, setting it on the night stand. He didn't know where she was going to place her hand but he wanted to cover all the bases.

Leila nodded and was about to say something when he walked to his room. She put her hands on her hips and frowned, glancing at Tumn. Well, this was a difficult situation. She couldn't really protest because her reasoning would give her away. If she sat on his bed or got too comfortable, she'd probably fall asleep and he'd know she got nearly no sleep the night before. Plus, she didn't know how much energy markings took. Maybe she could normally do it no problem but now that she hadn't gotten enough rest, it'd be too much and she'd pass out. She sighed and followed after him, deciding that she had to do it or he'd get suspicious anyway.

"I don't know if this hurts or not, but everybody says it doesn't. Apparently it just feels like warmth. I got my first ones when I was too young to remember it and I've only got tiny ones, so don't ask me," she said, sitting on his bed since she figured if she passed out she shouldn't hit the floor. She tapped him to turn him to face her, recalling the incantation in her mind. Laying her hand gently on the center of his chest, she murmured the ancient words and focused on him entirely. Her mind was filled with a very odd sort of power, and she stared in amazement as markings began to appear.

[Feel free to choose where and how much x3 Keep in mind they're abstract swirly-type]

Lucien kept his hands on his lap as he turned towards her. He wanted to keep himself ready in case she fell over from exhaustion he would be able to catch her. He listened to the beautiful language she spoke, his eyes widening as he saw a marking appear on his right bicep. The blue contrasted well with his dark skin, and it didn't hurt. It was just a warmth that flowed through him creating swirls that wrapped completely around it. He felt that warmth on his back as well, right down the center on his spine. He would have no clue how to look at that one but it felt like it spanned the entire length from neck to pelvis.

The third marking was curiously placed right over his heart. The swirls branched out to cover his entire pectoral and he could almost see little hearts in the design. He wondered what it all meant. He didn't wait to see them all finish though, he was more concentrated on her. He waited until the warmth died down, waited for her reaction, ready to catch her. He was sure the markings were beautiful and he was glad he asked her to do them for him. If they were truly meaningful about how the person that gave them felt about the person they give it to, then he would soon find out the answers to his questions.

Leila watched the first marking appear, recognizing one that was sort of similar to one she had seen on one of the elders. After that she just focused on concentrating until it felt as though she was done. She pulled her hand away slowly and shook her head a little to wake herself up. All of a sudden she felt even more exhausted, and she rubbed her eyes without really thinking about giving herself away. After a moment she examined him, stunned to see the one that lay directly over his heart. It was said that any markings on the chest or back only appeared when the marker was.. No, no she wasn't. Impossible.

"There. Now you look like you fit in more. Clothes, markings, and you already can pretty much use water like we can. The soldiers won't be able to tell the difference and none of my people will care," she said with a smile, looking up into his eyes. She had to look away and yawn, clasping her hands over her mouth. So much for keeping it a secret. "If you want to go shopping and explore, we should leave now before it gets too hot outside," she suggested sleepily, shifting to stand up since his bed was just way too comfortable at the moment.

Lucien smiled and faked a yawn as she stood suggesting shopping. She was absolutely not in any way going to be able to walk around town right now. "I figured we could walk around town later at the festival. Right now though, I need a nap and I think you do too." He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him, having her straddle his lap. Tilting to the side, he pushed her back onto the bed and held her there lightly. If she really wanted to get up she could but he really wished she would just stay. His markings are still a little warm but they weren't unbearable.

He nuzzled his face into her neck and nipped at her playfully. His fingers ran up and down her sides checking to see if she was ticklish. More than anything he just liked the feel of her skin. He was so busy just trying to make her stay with him that he didn't realize the positioning of their bodies, with him on top of her between her legs. They were both clothed but if anyone walked in on them...

"A nap?" she repeated, not realizing that he was tired. Before she could really think about the coincidence of him being tired when she was beyond exhausted, he had pulled her back on the bed and spun her around to straddle his lap just like she had on top of the mountain back home. She blinked and tapped his nose, then squeaked as he tipped over and they rolled until she was 'trapped' under him. "Well there. That's one way to get me to take a nap," she said with a smile, amused by his antics.

His fingers made her squeal and laugh, squirming around as she attempted to fend him off. She was extremely ticklish and giggled uncontrollably as he teased her. Wrapping her legs around his waist, she rolled hard and laid on his belly instead as he was suddenly beneath her. It wasn't until she made a face at him that she realized she was very, very close to being able to kiss him from where she was. She slid down to his side uncertainly and pushed those thoughts away, tired and confused. It would probably be a good idea to leave, but then again she knew that if she slept in her own bed alone, the nightmares would come back.

"Tell me another story?"

Lucien laughed right along with her, surprized when she was able to flip him over. She was so close, he could see it in her eyes that she might...maybe...no. She instead laid beside him asking for another story. He tried to not let his disappointment show. He smiled at her, "Another story huh? I can probably come up with another one." He started wracking his brain, searching for anything that might both entertain her and help her go to sleep. He wrapped his arms around her and snuggled close.

"Once upon a time there was a beautiful sapphire dragon who had the ability to shapeshift into a beautiful human maiden. None of the other dragons could do it for it was taught to her by a very old mage. She would shift and travel into human cities, meeting people and making friends just like any human would. One day she met a farmer. This man lived off the land, he was a rugged and hard man. Never socialized with anyone in town, he would only talk to them when he needed to barter for supplies. But as soon as he saw her, it was love at first sight. She saw him as nothing more than a working man and couldn't be bothered with him. He saw her as an angel sent to him from heaven. He tried day after day to woo her with beautiful flowers he grew on his farm, the freshest and sweetest of his produce, and he even tried to ask her to dinner. She took the flowers and the fruit but denied him of his request for any type of courting.

Now while all this was happening her family was looking for her. They knew she took trips but she had been gone for an awful long time. So they started looking for her. A few weeks passed and the maiden tired of him asking her to dinner every day and figured if she went once he would quit pestering her. The farmer being so happy he took her to his farm and cooked her the most elaborate dinner he had ever made. She had to admit it was a great dinner. And he wasn't so bad, he could make her laugh. Right after dinner though, three large sapphire dragons showed up in his fields. The farmer not knowing who she really was, stood in front of the maiden to protect her from them. Her parents asked her why she hadn't been home in so long. In a panic she told them that he was holding her captive, not wanting to face the wrath of her parents. Her parents were so angry they burned his entire farm to the ground and almost killed him when they grabbed her, dragging her home. She pleaded with them to let her stay and help him but they wouldn't listen.

When she got home and they had finally left her alone, she fled to the old mage and asked for his help. It was her fault that his farm was destroyed and that he was injured. She said she would trade her shapeshifting ability with he could go back in time and erase her ever meeting him. He said he would think about it. He left her and went to the farmer. He lay on his death bed. He told the man of her plea and he told the mage that he would rather die a thousand deaths than to never have met her. The mage nodded and disappeared. Taking pity on them both, he went back in time and changed it. The sapphire dragon was born a human and found the farmer. She had no ability to shapeshift. And when they both grew old and died, their spirit was reincarnated, they were born human again, they found each other, and fell in love and spent the rest of their lives together. This cycle repeated itself one thousand times."

Once he finished his story, he kissed her forehead and closed his eyes. He didn't want to push her into anything she didn't want to do. He would find out soon enough what his markings meant. Even if she wouldn't tell him, he was pretty sure the townsfolk weren't shy about talking about markings. And he didn't plan on wearing a shirt. He liked them and wanted to show them off.

Leila listened happily as he started telling his story, but she honestly didn't last very long. He was holding her so close and he was so nice and warm from being both shirtless and freshly marked. She nestled in close against him and yawned, closing her eyes as she wrapped an arm around his side gently. That same odd sense of being safe washed over her as it had on the bus, and she recalled him saying something about protecting her. What was it? No, wait, maybe that was in his first story. She was too tired to remember. Just before the halfway point in the story she fell asleep, curled into him comfortably.

Tumn ate the rest of the cinnamon rolls and toddled on the floor, waddling his way into Lucien's room. By the time he climbed up on the bed, he was the size of a large dog, with the top of his head coming to the same height that Leila's waist would be. He fluffed up his wings and licked a talon clean, then curled up at their feet and went to sleep too. Several hours later he stirred and started wiggling between them, trying to break them up in hopes of getting fed again.

Forest_walk_by_Ironshod.jpg

[[I absolutely adore Lucien's stories!]]

Lucien woke to the feeling of scales on his side. He peeked open his eyes to see a much larger Tumn sliding his way in between him and Leila. He reached down and ran his fingers over the dragons head to let him know he was awake. He looked outside to see the placement of the sun, it hadn't gone down yet but it was in a different place. He wondered if that would be enough sleep for her. It probably didn't matter though, he was pretty sure Tumn had at least started to wake her with his antics. He pressed his lips to her forehead again and gently caressed her cheek.

Leila looked so beautiful in the rays of the sunlight. Being here with her made the pain of having no home lessen to the point of not forgetting but it wasn't in the foremost part of his brain. He knew she was being hesitant with him, he just wasn't sure why. Was she just trying to be nice and be a friend so his romantic gestures were being shrugged off or was she having the same feelings but unsure of how to approach them? Maybe he would find out tonight.

[[Thanks. I'm just making them up as I go. Sometimes it takes me a bit to get the idea flowing but once I do its a quick write up.]]

Tumn nipped at Lucien's fingers, sure to be careful since his teeth were a few inches long now. His tail thumped against the side of the bed excitedly and Leila stirred, wiggling closer to Lucien in an attempt to cling to sleep. She gave up after a few moments and opened her eyes, rubbing them as she poked at Tumn with her foot.

"About time you got bigger. I was starting to think you were a newt," she grumbled, still half asleep. Tumn huffed as though offended and rumbled a growling reply at her that made her grin. "I'd like to see you try. I bet he'd string you up by your tail," she retorted, glancing at Lucien since he was the topic of conversation. The sight of his markings reminded her of what they meant, and she quickly looked up at his eyes instead and gave him a smile.

"Thank you for napping with me. Would you like to go shopping or just dress here and go straight to the party? I think I'm going to change clothes," she commented, glancing down at her clothes that were now all wrinkled up and not as fresh as they could have been.

Lucien raised his eyebrow wishing he could understand the little dragon's speech. "What did he say? What was he going to try? You know little man one of these days I'm going to understand you and then you might be in trouble," he said with a smile. He'd never dream of disrespecting a dragon and it appears he was going to get bigger. Judging by what Leila said he wasn't growing fast though. Perhaps he still had time to make friends with him.

"When does the party start? I wouldn't mind doing a bit of shopping if we have time to wander about. Although I won't be able to buy anything until I have money. Do they barter here? I could perhaps loan them my services in terms of payment." He really just wanted to spend time with her. He didn't care what they did. She was looking better than she had before their nap. He knew she was not fully rested but hopefully she'd have enough energy for tonight.

[[Sorry the post is so short, I'm tired as hell, so g'night]]

"He said that it had taken him a while but he could still beat you in a fight, and that you'd have no chance once he's full-grown," Leila explained with a laugh, and Tumn snorted in amusement as he butted his head repeatedly against Lucien's belly in search of pettings. Leila wiggled out of bed despite wanting to stay in his arms all day - why did she feel this way? He'd probably find a pretty girl tonight and go home with her instead, she realized. It was hard not to think about, but she managed it and looked toward the window thoughtfully as she thought about his question.

"I'm really not sure. I mean, yes they barter a little depending on who it is and what they're selling, but I've never tried trading services instead of coin. If they don't let you, you can start a city tab. They only let you get a certain amount before you have to pay it all back, but they'd give you time to get a job and such especially if you were staying in the city and trying and not just leaving the next day," she explained, then glanced down at her clothes.

"I'm going to go change, then we can go shopping. We have about two hours before the party starts. I'm sure some people have started in on the Makii already," she said with a laugh, wandering off to her room as Tumn hopped and took her place on the bed. Leila considered the party and eyed her clothes once she was back in her toom. What would Lucien.. No, no. Stop thinking about him. Impossible. She sighed and chose a dark blue strapless bikini top and a short skirt of the same color so that she could move around if needed. Slipping some money in her pocket, she wandered out and slipped the housekey on a chain and put it on like a necklace.

"Come out of your room and let's go!"

[[It's fine, I fell asleep on my keyboard :x]]