Another Gang RP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CaribbeanGirl

Original poster
So, just like the thread title implies, yes, this is another gang related RP. However, I don't want to make the plot a serious, dark and violent driven. I was thinking of a more fun, hilarious take on a gang, more like the anime style. Yet, it is my first time ever suggesting a plot and waiting for others to join, since I am more of a passive roleplayer. I tend to let other take charge on what the plot is going to be, however I really want to try making a group RP myself. Also, I am not very skilled on roleplaying fighting scenes, so I want to use this to improve that.

So, I want to make the roleplay about a girl who is the leader of a gang, yet her looks and personality is quite the opposite. She is a very sweet and cute looking girl, but she has inhuman strength. At first she is not taken seriously but then she earns the gang members respect and care. But soon, a rival appears and tries to take over the gang and she will have to fight for her new family.

That is what I have for now, but I am hoping that those interested help me develop this more.

I can see this being a fun alternative to the RPs I usually do

If you're taking influence from anime, you should have the "starter villain" of the RP be something like a rival gang; for added anime-ness and a chance to improve writing on fight scenes, consider the rival gang to be a "thug dojo" (think the Cobra Kai from Karate Kid). it could lead to a harmless tournament-style arc or just fisticuffs in the streets with a reliable level of threat. and after a few fights, defeated villains become friends, as per the "Defeat Means Friendship" trope often seen in such scenarios

I'd be Interested in playing

I think it sounds cute. I might be interested.

This would interest me greatly, however i will be a bit more dark with my OC/OC's.

Thanks to all of you for the interest! @Lady Turquoise Heart @CRiTiCAL ERR0R @S@lt @Razilin

I like your idea Razilin and I would like to make it more of a dojo style rp! I'm sorry that I haven't replied sooner, I have been very busy and unfortunately, I can't write with a stressed mind. So I've been having a bit of problems in regards of creativity and plot thinking. However, if any you have any ideas or plots that you want to suggest feel free to do so. I am still working in things and I'll have a post up on that soon. Thank you!

PS: Lady Turquoise Heart... You can make a dark character just as long as it doesn't take away the funny and cute aspect of the RP.

Thanks to all of you for the interest! @Lady Turquoise Heart @CRiTiCAL ERR0R @S@lt @Razilin

I like your idea Razilin and I would like to make it more of a dojo style rp! I'm sorry that I haven't replied sooner, I have been very busy and unfortunately, I can't write with a stressed mind. So I've been having a bit of problems in regards of creativity and plot thinking. However, if any you have any ideas or plots that you want to suggest feel free to do so. I am still working in things and I'll have a post up on that soon. Thank you!

PS: Lady Turquoise Heart... You can make a dark character just as long as it doesn't take away the funny and cute aspect of the RP.

Well if you're having problems with creativity, then rely on standby tropes to serve as a springboard for more original material

For example if you want the RP to start off with a girl with inhuman strength trying earn the respect of the gang, why not begin with the gang she joins actually forcing lyrics recruiting her because she or her family owes them?

As she learns about the gang, she discovers that the gang is actually a family of choice, a bond just as important as a family of blood. Characters could be other members of the gang who welcome or challenge her as the newcomer.

Later, being in a rival thug dojo pushing into the gang's territory, a battle that culminates in the girl and her gang finally clicking as a family

So, guys I know I have given many excuses about how I don't have time in RL due to my work and that I have been low on creativity but, if you guys can bear with me and are still interested in this RP, I have a few ideas I want to mention in relation to the plot. I really like the suggestion and help of @Razilin and I want to incorporate some of them.

1. I really like the dojo inspire anime style he suggested, so I'll be putting that in the plot.
2. I want it the setting and characters to be in a Small Town/High School settting.
3. Here is somewhat of what I brainstormed for the plot.

My character is a new student from another town or city. She has inhuman strength and fights really well, yet she tries to use her skills as a last resort or something along those lines. The thing is that she is very sweet and most people don't take her seriously when she gets mad because they think it makes her look cute or something. Lets say the old leader of the gang left or moved away to another place and left the members without any leadership, which made them act wild and bad just like normal gangs and thugs. When in reality they should be the ones that are supposed to maintain the order and peace of the town/community. On the day my character arrives she sees one of the members of the clan/gang making trouble and she stands up to them and that is how everything starts, I guess....?

I know is a lot of rambling and it needs some polishing but those are the ideas I had in mind when it comes to some of the plot. Let me know what you guys think...

@Razilin @Lady Turquoise Heart @CRiTiCAL ERR0R @S@lt

here's an idea:

I can play a rival gang member who runs into your char because he's trying to recruit her forcibly because your char's family owes the gang. Right out the gate, you can have your char demonstrate her strength and fighting skills, but also a glaring flaw: that not all battles can be won by fists alone

I will totally think of a character angle when I'm not gonna fall asleep XD

I do have a female gang character that I've used that can be either the current leader before your character takes over.
@CaribbeanGirl

I would totally be up to making one of the gang members. Probably a more brutish one, but I'll have to sit on the idea a little bit more.

Yikes sorry for the late reply, been busy lately.
I have a character that I can modify for her to be the smart allic, a-hole who is kinda the brains for the gang.

Status
Not open for further replies.