Anonymous wages war on Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOP preparing for contested convention

Everyone cross your fingers! We might be saved!! I hate Paul Ryan, but I think he might have saved all our asses from the biggest mistake to ever happen to the Republican party.
"We'd rather destroy our own party for generations than let someone who will change things come into office."

Just goes to show how little choice we the people actually have.

But hey, least Sanders is basically history by now.

Bringing this topic back on track, Anonymous got shit done.

Or at least, something approximating shit.
"Anonymous released what it claims to be Trump's Social Security number, cellphone number and other private, albeit more widely known information about him, such as the names of his parents, children, legal representation and agent".

Hmmm.... This reminds me of something.
What was it again?

Oh yeah... That.

Anonymous: Because a faceless, all-powerful, all-seeing, unelected mob that can act with total impunity is totally the group you want protecting your freedom!
While I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but the people we have elected to protect our freedom is doing a rather shitty job of it. Such as the FBI trying to force Apple to put a backdoor in their phones. Or the NSA spying on literally every single thing you do with impunity. There are no good guys or bad guys in this world. Just shades of gray. Anonymous are people who are trying to do what they believe is right, which I can respect. Can you say the same for the fat cats on capitol hill?

While I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but the people we have elected to protect our freedom is doing a rather shitty job of it. Such as the FBI trying to force Apple to put a backdoor in their phones. Or the NSA spying on literally every single thing you do with impunity. There are no good guys or bad guys in this world. Just shades of gray. Anonymous are people who are trying to do what they believe is right, which I can respect. Can you say the same for the fat cats on capitol hill?

Nobody is perfect, and nobody is fully evil, but being good or bad doesn't require absolutes. Hitler had positive attributes, but was evil. Mr Rogers had flaws, but he was ultimately a good person.

In the case of the government: Yes, I actually do believe they're trying to do the right thing. Not only that, they also represent a legitimate, elected authority that's beholden to follow rules. The government does not have complete impunity-again, why we have elections.

Part of my problem with Anonymous is that it not only acts like a tyrannical mob, it actually behaves that way in the name of freedom. They are a mob of self-appointed autocrats. Sure, the targets of their actions tend to deserve it, but nonetheless what they do is at the very least dangerous.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Nobody is perfect, and nobody is fully evil, but being good or bad doesn't require absolutes. Hitler had positive attributes, but was evil. Mr Rogers had flaws, but he was ultimately a good person.

In the case of the government: Yes, I actually do believe they're trying to do the right thing. Not only that, they also represent a legitimate, elected authority that's beholden to follow rules. The government does not have complete impunity-again, why we have elections.

Part of my problem with Anonymous is that it not only acts like a tyrannical mob, it actually behaves that way in the name of freedom. They are a mob of self-appointed autocrats. Sure, the targets of their actions tend to deserve it, but nonetheless what they do is at the very least dangerous.
I definitely agree that a group such as Anonymous are dangerous. Although, I feel I must remind you that when it feels like it, the US government gives zero fucks about laws. I'm not so convinced the US Government is by the people, for the people anymore. Perhaps you are right and they are doing what they feel is the best for the country, but at what cost?

I don't think anyone's arguing the government is innocent.
What they're arguing is Anonymous is not the way to go about it.

Everyone loves Anonymous for targeting people and groups they don't like, but they'll be changing tune pretty quickly when the day comes they target something they support.

Everyone loves Anonymous for targeting people and groups they don't like, but they'll be changing tune pretty quickly when the day comes they target something they support.
Like BlackLivesMatter?

Like BlackLivesMatter any ideological group which posits its own proliferation through perfidious means, though most commonly through social justice (ie: mob mentality) or the violation of human rights like privacy or freedom of assocation?
Fixed.

"We'd rather destroy our own party for generations than let someone who will change things come into office."

Just goes to show how little choice we the people actually have.

But hey, least Sanders is basically history by now.
Don't count Sanders out yet. He's already stated that he's not out until the convention, and there's plenty of time for minds to change. Add in the fact that not all delegates have been chosen yet, and some won't be chosen until the convention for the states that don't have primaries.

The Republican party knows that a Trump nomination is most likely going to be a democratic vote in, at least that's what a lot of people are predicting. Yes, there are a large number of people voting for Trump, but there are people who are changing their minds every day the more they hear from the guy. Add to the fact that there's going to be a huge shift in possible minority votes, the Republicans are going to want a candidate that's going to appeal to those voters, and Trump is not it. 4.5 million people might not seem like a lot, but depending on exactly what state they reside it, it can make a huge difference.

Not every state holds a primary, and even in those that do, not everyone who votes is casting it. That means you don't really know how a state's popular vote is going to go until it actually comes time to election day. That's still a lot of time for people to change their minds, and quite frankly, if Trump continues with his threats and constant hate spreading messages that everyone deems political incorrectness, he is eventually going to lose supporters. Hate and anger are not emotions that people truly want to hold onto. They're exhausting. Sooner or later, and I'm hoping it's sooner in this case, they're going to see that the message Trump is spreading isn't how the country should be, and most of his ideas are implausible.

Take that wall he's planning on building. Do you really think people won't devise a way to get around it? And exactly how is it that he's going to get Mexico to pay for that wall? Sanctions that will hurt the U.S economy? Threats of war that no one in congress will support? The only way I can think of that Mexico would willing pay for it is if Trump told him it will keep him out of their country.

And how about tracking Muslim Americans? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was done during WW2 with Japanese Americans, or at least something along the same lines. Forget that it's a huge violation to their civil rights, in this day and age it's not going to solve the problem of terrorists, if anything it would create more and make the U.S an even bigger target. I mean, seriously? Can no one see the common sense in that?

The sad truth is, the majority of the people who are supporting Trump now are not educating themselves. They're taking everything he says as absolute, without investigating. Do I think that we need to secure our borders to Mexico? Yes, but I think that there is a better way to do it that would not only create jobs, but it would also help those who are actually trying to come here to do something positive. No one wants that though, because people like Trump are feeding into the idiotic mindset that the Mexicans coming over here are stealing jobs away from Americans. I've got news; the jobs they take are the jobs most American's don't want to do, and the only real people taking American's jobs away are the big corporations that are sending them over to India.

Trump is an eye opener for the Republican party, that's his only real purpose in this election. The party isn't going to just give him a nomination with a hand shake, not when there are people inside their own party that's distancing themselves from him. I mean, how is that going to work exactly with a president in office that half of Congress won't support? He'd be fighting against not only the democrats, but his own damn party. I can see him getting a whole lot done when there's only a few hands raised to support anything that he wants to do, and the majority are giving him a big old 'fuck you'.

This entire election is nothing more than choosing the lesser of two evils. I'm not a Hillary supporter in any way, and quite frankly I'll be pissed if she's the one I have to vote for just to keep Trump out of office. I'm not the only one who's feeling this way either. Maybe if the Republicans hadn't spent the past four years trying to make Obama look bad by blocking him in everything, they wouldn't be in the position they're in now. Everyone wants to blame Obama for everything, but he's not the one with the power. He can't make laws, that's Congress' job. If people want a change they need to vote the next time a representative or senator is up for election. They need to pay closer attention to what their state Congress men and women are doing and how they are voting instead of worrying about the guy who's pretty much sitting pretty in the White House for everyone to shit all over. That's where the change comes, and it's been said for years. You want a better politician, than you need to get rid of the ones that you have now, starting from the ground up. Remember, Congress doesn't have a limited number of terms, the presidency does.

Don't count Sanders out yet.
Even if you don't count the Superdelegates, Hillary has over 300 more delegates than Sanders does and they're more than halfway through the Democratic Party selection. Unless there is a sudden shock turn where Sanders sweeps the next few states as complete landslides, Hillary will win. Even if it's tied 50/50, at this point, she will win. Hell, even if Sanders gets 60-70% of the next delegates, Hillary still wins.

Sadly the Democratic primary is pretty much done, and it was decided the moment over 300 super delegates swung toward Hillary Clinton right off the bat. Combine that with winning the progressive vote through identity politics and the black vote through her family name (more identity politics) and regardless of how you feel about it, Bernie was pretty much spectacularly fucked. His only chance was Super Tuesday and, go figure, he lost there.

So...

Yeah.

Speaking realistically? It's like, 95% chance Hillary now.

Even if you don't count the Superdelegates, Hillary has over 300 more delegates than Sanders does and they're more than halfway through the Democratic Party selection. Unless there is a sudden shock turn where Sanders sweeps the next few states as complete landslides, Hillary will win. Even if it's tied 50/50, at this point, she will win. Hell, even if Sanders gets 60-70% of the next delegates, Hillary still wins.

Sadly the Democratic primary is pretty much done, and it was decided the moment over 300 super delegates swung toward Hillary Clinton right off the bat. Combine that with winning the progressive vote through identity politics and the black vote through her family name (more identity politics) and regardless of how you feel about it, Bernie was pretty much spectacularly fucked. His only chance was Super Tuesday and, go figure, he lost there.

So...

Yeah.

Speaking realistically? It's like, 95% chance Hillary now.
True, but I meant he's not 'officially' out. :P He's pretty much said he's in till the convention, so it'd be kind of silly to count him out until he says he's out.

Sort of related to the topic in that it's about what could legitimately allow Trump to win if he surpasses the Republican nominations.

Trump Presidency Is a Global Threat, Economist Intelligence Unit Warns

If Anonymous can prevent that, then they can hack whoever the hell they want to make it happen. Hell, they can hack me if they need to, and I wouldn't care. X_x The more I read about the possible aftermath of Trump becoming president, the more I want to start digging out to build a bunker in my backyard....

Trump Presidency Is a Global Threat, Economist Intelligence Unit Warns

If Anonymous can prevent that, then they can hack whoever the hell they want to make it happen. Hell, they can hack me if they need to, and I wouldn't care. X_x The more I read about the possible aftermath of Trump becoming president, the more I want to start digging out to build a bunker in my backyard....

My point is they're the ones deciding who's a menace or not. Sooner or later, it may be something you support and believe in that gets targeted by them. Literally nothing is stopping them from turning their ire toward literally anything or anyone. Whether or not they're "heroes" depends on how you feel about who's being targeted. Trump is controversial and he's saying a lot of awful shit, but he hasn't actually done anything unlawful or wrong. This is literally targeting a man for nothing more than his words, which are protected. Freedom of speech doesn't just apply to people who say nice things; assholes don't face jail time for being mouthy shits.

How would you feel if they targeted Sanders or Rubio? The Pope? Edward Snowden? The thing is, there's no line in the sand. Anoynomous can be anyone and that means they can believe in or do anything. This should be concerning to anyone.

How would you feel if they targeted Sanders or Rubio? The Pope? Edward Snowden? The thing is, there's no line in the sand. Anoynomous can be anyone and that means they can believe in or do anything. This should be concerning to anyone.
Truthfully? I don't necessarily agree with what Anonymous does, but there isn't really much anyone can do to stop them. I don't think that they should release sensitive information like Social Security numbers, address, or phone number. However, in this case, this is someone who is running for office, I don't think that they should be expecting privacy. There's always going to be someone looking for dirt, and as for some of the information given away like his cell number, and the name of his family members, that's pretty much public information if someone wants to look it up.

As for Sanders and Rubio, it wouldn't bother me if they dug dirt up on them either. I'm not a supporter of any of the candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.