Animalia

Garrett stared at the girl in the black jumpsuit. His jaw dropping just a hint and his eyes widening. Her body was amazing. The curves just flowing and .... Garrett realized he was staring and quickly shut his mouth. He hadn't even noticed that Kendall had uncurled and gotten down from his arms until he heard her question.

"Uh... Yeah, just who are you?" He asked the mysterious woman. "How did you get here?" He wondered at her, hoping that she was one of them, but at the same time a little afraid that if she did join there might be a problem. Kendall looked like she was ready to pounce on this woman even though moments ago she was curled up in a cute little ball in his arms, terrified.

Her eyes scanned the people around her and the snake like slits looking over the others. For a moment she stayed absolutely quiet, and took a long pause before answering the obviously frustrated number 4. Leaning her head back slightly she tilted it across to the side and it clicked in several places, before bringing it back up her hands lowered from her hips down to her side and she walked up to the people eyeing them up and down looking to how they have adapted and changed before turning around and pressing the ear piece further into her ear and tilting her head in conversation. "You said they had exceeded... They barely look any different... This is ridiculous Jason."She sounded tired and agrivated like she'd been sent on a wild goose chase to find this group of people. Her back facing them with the muscles in her shoulders blades and the outline of her curvaceous behind on show she let out another sigh to the reply and spun around finally to answer them. "Name's Cecile." she hissed lightly and then her head twisted in another direction biting her lip in wonder of what to do now. She should walk away, and leave them to develop further but this could be considered rash. Perhaps there was another way around this. Perhaps she could propose to take them now, and they would finish their training along the way and in the institute, or she could just walk away and come back later when they might have developed more.

Ruby groaned and opened her eyes, finally waking up. Her body was entirley covered in feathers and her hair had turned into hawk feathers as well. She wondered if she could fly. She sat up, pressing a hand against her forehead, which pounded like a drum.

"Welcome back to the land of the conscious," he murmured dryly, slanting a gaze over to her. "You're in a tree, several metres up, so I wouldn't move too much if I were you. How do you feel?"

"A terrible migrane but otherwise I'm fine. I think. What happened to...Kendall and Garrett?" She wondered.

"If a migraine is 'fine', I dread to discover your definition of 'unwell'." He arched an eyebrow at her. "They're down there somewhere, we split up because we two are better suited in trees, which dogs cannot climb. Shall we rejoin them? I don't hear the dogs anymore."

Kendal tapped her bare foot impatiently against the ground, crossing her plated arms across her plated breasts. "You've got to be kidding, you expect me to trust a snake? Sorry chick, i'm from the rodent family..." Kendall turned her body around and walked further back, looking for Caspian and Ruby, who were in the trees somewhere.

Garrett was unsure what to say or do. When Kendall started walking away he went to grab her but his eyes lingered on the new girl, Cecile. He stayed facing Cecile's direction, grabbing her attenion.

"We need to find our friends. They were running from the dogs and men as well and we need to make sure they're ok." He said to Cecile. "Do you have any information that could help us?" He was hoping he could calm the tension between Kendall and Cecile. He didn't know where she was coming from but she looked far more prepared for a fight than they were, and thought they could use any help they could get. He glanced to Kendall.

"Do you see them, or anything? I can't see a damn thing."

Ruby stood slowly and looked at her arms, which were more like a hawk's wings. All she was really missing was a beak. God what a freak. She thought, but gave her arms a flap. Instict took over then, and she ran to the edge of the branch and dived, extending out her arms. She flapped for several beats before gaining controll over her flying. She flew as fast as she could, feeling the wind ruffle her feathers. Not being able to see very well, her flight ended when she dived down and landed on Cecil.

Relaxed her face kept on the mans, and she raised her eyebrow which was in shape and elegant around her wide feminine eyes. Stroking the high cheekbones on her face after she blinked once or twice, she rotated the mechanic device from out of the suit and looked down to the two dots which were showing on the screen. Their 'friends' weren't very far, in fact they were right next to them. Her hand lifted to the direction they were in and she spoke softly. "Relax, they're only over there.. Besides, nobody's going to be coming after you. Not whilst I'm here." Her tone of voice still hissed and she noted down the refusal to co-operate by Kendall, in lifting her head up her hand raised slightly to another little button she carried around with her. "Although I must inform you, that if you do chose to retaliate. You'll be blown to smithereens." Her eyes still fixated on Kendall as she stood in the open ground from head to toe in the combat uniform.

" seems like something totally civil to do to someone you drugged, experimented on and completely traumatized..." Kendall couldn't hold back her anger. She walked right up to the snake and pushed her, tightening her armor around her body.

"blow me up because i'm confused, I dare you!" She challenged, puffing up her chest in contest.

Her eyes came to a narrow and she began swinging the incredibly sharp katana over towards the girls face before the loud shriek came through her earpiece. "Cecile! Don't!" It was her father. Cecile's eyes squinted tight and then she slashed the katana aside, catching the armor as a warning sign. Showing it's weakness against the tungsten metal of her sword. She grinned before blurring into the area with her enhanced speed, as well as the camouflage over-covering her body. As she passed the young male she whispered in his ear, "See you soon handsome." Lightly placing a kiss on his cheek, the slither of venom around her lips causing a slight numbing sensation on that point of his cheek. She had disappeared before the others had possibly taken time to notice. On her way back in returning to the institute a scowl spread along her face, she was stopped milometers before having that girls head on the end of her blade. When she could hear her feet reach the hard stone of the deserted wasteland she wondered on their thoughts. Looking down to the device which was tracking them wondering if they were following after her, she looked up again and entered the cylinder which took her down into the office of her Father instantly.

She could have been their only way out.

Caspian tensed as he sensed her coming closer, fully preparing to get hurt again, but nothing could have prepared him for what Cecile did do. Eyes wide with shock, he raised a hand to touch his cheek, staring at the light sheen of venom on his fingers before slumping back against the tree, mind working frantically. He couldn't feel his cheek anymore-- well, he could, with his hand, but all feeling in his cheek and fingers was rapidly fading, rather reminiscent of trips to the dentist. Maybe it would fade? He hoped so.

Ruby watched as the girl left, not liking her one bit. Ruby sighed and walked up to Kendall and Garrett, her head still pounding like hell. "Are either of you hurt?" She asked.

Garrett started to go after Cecile as soon as he saw her pull out her weapon yelling for her to stop.

"No!! Kendall!" He screamed, afraid she was going to be hurt. He leaped toward her, ready to fight Cecile, when she abruptly stopped, making a small cut on Kendalls arm. He still ran up to Kendall and grabbed her in a giant bear hug, stopping any blood flow with his t-shirt.

"Are you OK?" He asked Kendall, concern dripping from his voice. He would get Cecile back for this. No one hurts his pack.

'No one hurts my pack? What am I? What are we really? ARE we a pack?' He thought to himself, now unsure about what they were, but absolutely sure he would not let any of them get hurt. He looked toward where Ruby "landed" to see if she was OK as well. She was walking up to them, looking like a full fledged bird without a beak. Weird but interesting.

'Where's Caspian? He better have been taking care of Ruby and not betraying us.'

Her head lifted in her father's presence and then she glanced down to his hands which were tense around the corners of the table. His eyes looking a little worried to her state and he began approaching her, her brow furrowed and her head was tilted confused. "What is it father?" she said inquisitively and looked up at his face as it was shaking.
"Cecile, your temperament is beginning to frighten me.. I told you not to harm the experiments." Her eyes rolled and she dropped her weapons onto his desk and she stroked a ring of her hair in the ponytail around her finger with a shrug, it was like getting a telling off from a teacher. He continued to speak, "I don't think we're on the same wavelength, Cecile. Do you understand what these experiments are for? You are aware if you agitate them, there is no getting them to co-operate at all. Violence is not the way, Cecile. We need these people for the safety of the people of the United States of America. Cecile, please tell me you understand or.. or else I'll personally have to relieve you from this project." At that her head spun up and looked to the professor who had seemingly grown attatched to this idea that these beings will become something great. She let out a grunt of disgust at him.
"Father" she said, "I think it is YOU that does not understand. If the experiments are a failure in their survival and do not know when they need to bow down, then they need to be eradicated. They aren't of our use if that is the case, and that girl was-..." She was cut off by a heavy bang on the table, Taint's fist began to ball up on the desk and it started to shake under it.
"Do you not listen to me child!? Listen to yourself! Listen to what you're saying! You discuss this girl as a failure, but you TOO are a failure, Cecile!" The words cut her deep, and she stood looking at him in complete recoil of horror... Silence struck the office, and there were faces turned outside at the monitors looking to the man insulting the one thing that was so precious to him, to this project.

"Who was that?" Ruby asked, walking up to them, messaging her tempals. Oh man did her head hurt. What the hell did they put in that stuff?

"I believe that was the enemy." Garrett told Ruby simply. He didn't want it to be true but it was. She had tried to hurt Kendall and there was no way someone hurting Kendall was going to be his friend.

"Where's Caspian?" He asked Ruby.

Caspian sat in the tree for a few more minutes, still rather stunned at what just happened, and not only because the strange girl had somehow... poisoned him? He didn't seem to be feeling any adverse effects other than the numbness. She'd called him handsome-- him, skinny, geeky Caspian, handsome.

Well. That was... kind of cool.
He touched his cheek again, poking it roughly, and sighed in relief when he felt something. Whatever had been on the girl's lips didn't last long, then; that was good. Ruby had taken off before, quite literally, but he could still smell her nearby.

He jumped from the tree, landing on his feet near the others, before wincing as his leg twinged in protest. "What happened?"

Kendall withdrew herself from the group, walking toward the trees.

"I need a moment..."

She got to a hill and curled up, letting herself roll down in a ball. She rolled her way into the forest and uncurled, finding a rock to sit on.
"What a bitch!" She spat.