Animal Adventures!

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyo returns a bit later with a few logs, some twigs, and some dead pine needles. As he walks by the shelter, he glances inside, then smiles when he sees the pair.

Shade walks over to Kyo and takes some of the load from him, setting it up and starting the fire.

Kyo thanked her, then sat down right next to her, the wood a safe distance away. He wrapped his arm around her.

Shade smiled as she leaned up against Kyo, thankful for the warmth from both the fire and him.

"You'd warm up faster if you didn't have that cloak," Kyo said jokingly.

"Well I really like the cloak, I'm very attached to it." Shade replies, punching Kyo in the arm playfully.

Suddenly, the pair could see nothing but blackness. Kyo squeezed Shade against him. Just as suddenly as it had come, the ball of darkness rolled on.

"Kyo.." Shade clings to Kyo, scared, unsure if what had just happened. "W-what was that?" She asks, her voice trembling.

"I don't know," Kyo replied, "And I don't want to find out." He pulled Shade a little closer and started to rock back and forth to try and calm her down, though, really, he himself was trembling. In the back of his mind, he felt like he knew what it was, but he wasn't entirely sure.

Shade nods slowly as she lets out a nervous laugh. "I don't think anyone would want to find out." She could feel Kyo trembling slightly, she wrapped her arms around him as she started to hum softly.

He kissed the top of her head. "I can do something like that, but....when I do it, it doesn't move...." Kyo mumbled to himself, "Unless it's focused on a person...." He reached over and stroked Shade's hair.

Shade stops humming as Kyo speaks. "What if.. Do you know of anyone that has powers like you?" She looks up at him, her face masked with concern. Thinking about the possibilities, a shiver running down her spine.

"I had a sister when I was little who could do the same thing as me, but....she was murdered almost ten years ago..." Kyo replied in disbelief, "As far as I know, we were the only two who could do anything like this." Kyo reaches over to the clasp of the cloak around Shade's shoulders....and tightens it a little.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Kyo." Shade lets a soft sigh escape her. She moves slightly, readjusting to the cloak as it tightens. She stifles a yawn as she looks past the fire.

Kyo muttered a word under his breath and the cloak started to heat up. After a second or two, it was at a relaxing heat.

"How did you... never mind." Shade rests her head in Kyo's shoulder, relaxing as her body became encased in a soft heat.

Kyo laid back and pulled Shade down with him, resting her head on his biceps. Laying there, in the firelight, something changed inside Kyo. He wasn't completely aware of it yet, but it was there.

Shade curled up next to Kyo. Her eyes slowly started to close as sleep started to over take her, but soon she was fast asleep, a small smile on her face.

((Kumi's really mad at me right now. She doesn't like the way I'm RPing with you. ;-;))

Kyo looked at her and smiled. After laying there a couple minutes, Kyo carefully got up, and then picked Shade up. He carried her inside the shelter, then stepped outside to keep watch.

Kumi stands up and walks out of the barrack where Will is dead asleep. She steps outside and takes a deep breath looking up at the stars and the moon together whispering to herself "i wish I could be in the sky as a star or planet in the gallexy.. during the night I could watch people in their homes cooking a meal for their families then during the day I could watch the sky and the other stars dancing across the universe.. that'd be amazing"

Status
Not open for further replies.