And Then There Was Darkness

• Thread starter Charlie Vasilyev
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
JANE

Jane was lying on the ground. She was tired. She'd been put all day and having to work with her sister only added to her anxiety and stress and she felt exhausted from keeping it in all day.

Jane was facing the wall she was also rocking and was almost too another panic attack. She'd already had one when they first got back and had hid in the back room. Now she was having another as she lay down trying to sleep.

CARVER

Carver was eating. They'd found some food and were passing out bread and a scoop of canned chili. He was in the third round of eating some of the newcomers had been in the second round. The night shift had eaten first and were out working now. Most people were either working or trying to sleep right now.

LILY

Lily skipped eating, as she felt too nauseous. She sat down on the floor, looking out the window silently, one knee tucked under, the other hugged close to her. She sighed, resting her head on her knee and rubbing her eye. How could she screw up this bad?

JASON

Jason glanced at Jane before yawning, stretching. He figured she didn't want to talk much, so he just left her alone. He didn't want to push her, knowing she knew she could talk if she wanted, he'd always listen. He let his eyes close and started falling asleep.

JANE

Jane rocked slowly she was biting her left hand's knuckles and her cheeks felt wet. She had cried in a long time and just roughly wiped her face off not wanting anyone to see.

Jane didn't understand why her sister had left. Life was hard with their father but at least there's been two of them. After Lily had left her father had focused all his anger and everything else on her. Didn't Lily know that would happen? Did she even care?

CASPER

Casper went and sat next to Lily,
"We don't get dos alpt why aren't you eating?" He asked looking at her. She seemed upset about something. The girl who kind of looked like Lily at least in facial features was rocking in a corner.

LILY

"I don't feel like eating.."
Lily said ever so quietly, barely glancing at him. She looked down at the ground.
"It won't hurt to go another day.. I think..."
She looked up at the ceiling, slowly laying down on her back. "What was your life like before all this?"
She asked as she glanced over. "Unless you don't want to talk about it..."
She trailed off.

JASON

Jason fell asleep, but as he did, he gently rested his hand on her Jane's shoulder. He wondered if just seeing Lily upset her, or if Lily did anything. Jason was in a light sleep for only a few minutes before waking up as someone moved past them. He sighed. This would take some getting used to...
"Jane?"
He whispered, unsure if she was asleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Hey can you add a bit to that post? One liner are hard to respond too...you can do a time skip if needed...)

(Sorry. I've been having some real life issues and responding well has been hard. I can rewrite it)

(I hope stuff works out for you.)

JANE

Jane wasn't sleeping. She couldn't. She was trembling slightly as she rocked. She'd tried to slow her rocking downs but when Jason had come to sleep next to her. Jane didn't want to disturb him or make it hard for him to sleep.
"Yeah." She whispered when he called her name.

CARVER

"I lived in Jamaica with my family. I have 6 little siblings. My father and I were supposed to be getting something set up here so they could come over too and live in America. ". Carver explained.
Carver hoped his siblings were ok. Maybe whatever happened here didn't happen there. He hoped so. He didn't want his siblings to be in this type of situation.

(I hope so too. Thanks~)

LILY

Lily glanced down. "I hope they're okay.." She said after a moment. Hearing his situation made her a little less.. Unhappy. She shifted. "How do you not just feel... Depressed?" She asked as she fidgeted with the sole of her shoes. She felt nervous. Uncomfortable.

JASON

Jason sat up. "I can't sleep.. Can you?" He asked as he looked at her, biting his lip. He knew something was wrong, wasn't she usua rally asleep by now? He knew it had to be Lily that was bothering her.. Right? He wished he knew more how to help.

CARVER

Carver paused for a long time, thinking about his answer. Yes he would get upset adn sad sometimes thinking of not being with his family. He would be really worried sometimes too, but he never thought he got depressed.

"No...I don't. I mean there's no use in being depressed in my mind. If I dwell on the bad stuff maybe I would be. I get sad sometimes...but if I get depressed it ain't helping them." Carver explained

JANE

Jane shook her head. No she couldn't sleep. Normally the day was so tiring she'd fall asleep pretty quickly even if she had nightmares. Today she was especially exhausted because of the amount of panic attacks she'd had. But she couldn't make herself sleep.

"I can't sleep." Jane mumbled in case Jason hadn't seen her shake her head.

LILY

"That's good." Lily said quietly. "You shouldn't ever dwell on it.. Trust me... It's just bad." She fidgeted with her shoe a moment before looking back to him, what do you do to cheer yourself up?" She asked curiously.

JASON

"Is there anything you want to talk about?" Jason asked softly as he sat up. He crossed his legs, gently rubbing Jane's shoulder. "You know I'll always listen to what you have to say.."

JANE

Jane moved her shoulder away when Jason touched her. She didn't want to be touched right now. She shrugged, she didn't really know how to tell him what was going on in her head. She just felt awful and tired and emotionally exhausted from having to see her sister. Jane didn't want to have to explain all the reasons her sister's reappearance hurt her...she didn't think she'd ever be ready for that.

CARVER

Carver shrugged,

"I just don't get sad most of the time. Or I focus on something else like surviving to get my mind off of it if I do get upset." he told her,
"What about you? What was your life like before all this?" he asked her curiously.

LILY

Lily didn't answer at first, biting her lip and thinking for a long moment.
"Right before all this, things were starting to get better.."
She said quietly, debating how much to tell. She glanced over at the door.
"I had... A lot of issues with my family."
Lily sighed and looked at Carver. "I know they hate me for it.. I just wish they knew I did what I thought I had to."
She shrugged.
"I guess it's done now though." Lily bit her lip again.

JASON

Jason shook his head a little as Jane pulled away. Sometimes he wished she'd just tell him what was wrong.. But he'd never push her past what she wanted or felt like. He pulled one knee up, wrapping his arms around his leg and resting his head on his knee. Jason was quiet now, thinking. He wanted to help Jane, but if she pulled away from him and didn't talk, what could he do?

CARVER

"What'd ya do...if you don't mind me asking." He asked looking around. He'd seen the smaller girl, the panicky looking one, earlier today. Her face reminded him of Lily except she was darker.
Carver thought he spotted Jason over against the wall. He was next to someone who looked like they were sleeping. Most people were trying to catch some sleep right now.

JANE

Jane was chewing her lip. She didn't understand why Lily had left...well in a way she did, but she was still upset about. It was selfish of Lily.
Jane started to rock again knawing on her lip fiercely.

"Why do you think she left, Jason?" Jane asked. Her voice sounded very tight. She was talking in a whisper, but you could hear how upset and angry she was.

LILY

Lily hesitated a long moment. "My Uhm... Father... He was extremely abusive and..." Lily felt a wave of sadness hit her and she grit her teeth a second. "When... I had an older brother..." She got quiet for a moment, "when he passed... Father got worse... I left.." She looked down, rubbing a tear from her eye. "I-I'm sorry." She sniffled.

JASON

"I don't really know... But I know she wanted to help you. Maybe she left to be able to give you a better life when she could come back, or maybe she'd think it would get better if she wasn't there... Only she really knows Jason said softly, sighing a little and resting his hands in his lap. He hoped she would be able to sleep.

CARVER

Carver frowned. Maybe he shouldn't have asked that question. He listened to her though. Leaving didn't seem like something you'd have to say sorry for...if it's a bad situation you should leave. Maybe the other girl wasn't her sister. She hadn't mentioned having a sister at all.
"Hey it's OK...sorry for asking." Carver said a bit awkwardly, he patted her shoulder gently trying to comfort her.

JANE

Jane shook her head,
"Then she's an idiot...she saw what happened when Kyran died." Jane said through gritted teeth. She went silent again and kept rocking. She needed to try adn sleep. Maybe that would make her feel better.

[/b]LILY[/b]

Lily calmed a little. "It just... I feel guilty... B-because my sister hates me.." She rubbed her eye, shaking her head a little. "I'm probably just being a child.. The world's dying and I'm worried a little girl who hates me and has someone to care for her already.." She shook her head again. "I'm sorry." She looked up at him, a little embarrassed at her sudden breakdown. "Probably not the response you expected from a simple question..."

JASON

Jason sighed. "Yeah.." He looked down. He'd often thought the same thing.. Why would Lily leave Jane like that? He leaned back against the wall, looking up at the ceiling and hoping this would settle down soon.

CARVER

"Well family's important. Especially now if you can you gotta make good with what family you got left. Ya never know when something else gonna happen and you won't get the chance you say sorry or something." Carver advised. For the past two weeks he'd been wishing he'd had a better relationship with his father. Sometimes when he got especially upset about not being with his brother he'd think about all the ways he could be a better brother.

"I'm gonna try and get some sleep, you should to." Carver advised he grabbed a light blanket and lay down so he could catch a few Zzzs before morning.

LILY

Lily nodded weakly, shifting so she was leaning back on the wall. She hugged her knees. "Sleep well.." She said quietly as she let her head rest on her knees. She saw Jason and dropped her eyes, closing them to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.