And Then There Was Darkness

• Thread starter Charlie Vasilyev
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
JANE

Jane jerked her knee away when Jason rested his hand on it, after her panic attacks jane could go into a don't-touch-me mood. She ran her hands over her face, while she hadn't been crying she wanted to make sure there were no tears. She listened to what Jason had to say and nodded a little. She honestly wasn't too keen on having to be around other people.

Never the most social person through out the years Jane had gotten more and anti-social, mostly due to her issues, and she didn't like having to interact with people. She didn't trust enough and could be on the paranoid side. She allowed Jason to speak though. It would probably be smarter. Hooking up with a group meant more supplies, more protection, less moving from place to place. Though what they wanted in return made Jane double think. They wanted people to fight. She didn't want to fight. They supposedly wanted to open up the water front, but what if it all was a lie? What if they just wanted to take the water front for themselves?

"We can try." Jane agreed finally, mostly because it seemed like Jason really wanted to do this and she didn't want him to decide to leave her like everyone else had done.

CARVER

Tyson got up after the room filled and gave pretty much the same speech he'd given this morning about how they needed to stop being little fighting group and come together to rebuild. He talked about how they were cut off from the world with no communication so they had to rise to the challenge and instead of becoming animals we had to help one another survive in this troubling time.

After he was done Aidan took the group of people to the back room where they were going to be assigned jobs. David was helping her. He and Xavier were both in wheel chairs and would hand out equipment for each job. Aidan was mostly picking out supply runners, medics, and fighters.

Few more people were gathering in the lounge, Carver had gone back out to recruit. Pete, Dusty, and Sammi hadn't returned yet so whoever they brought would be in the second group.

LILY

Lily listened intently, sitting up some. She tilted her head, her uninjured arm raising slightly. She felt a little dumb raising her hand, but figured it was better than rudely interrupting anything. She just wanted to know the plan... They couldn't just barge in, or they'd get ripped apart most likely.

JASON

Jason stood and turned towards them.

"We'll join..."
He nodded slightly, sticking his knife in its sheath on his belt and crossing his arms.
"How many others do you have?"
He asked curiously, shifting his weight to his other foot.

JANE

Jane stood up quietly and put her backpack on. She stood next to Jason and stared at the ground her hands opening and closing around the straps of her knapsack. Her chest still felt tight from panic and she could feel herself shaking slightly though she could out that down to exhaustion and not just that she was anxious and easily freaked out.

"Right now we have around 10, but we're still recruiting...working on gathering more." Pete explained as he started to lead Jason and Jane to the community center.

AIDAN

Aidan looked at Lily...one of the new recruits. She finished equipping a supply gather and turned to her.

"What would you like?" She asked as she stood in front of the new girl.

They were in the back room so she talked quietly. She didn't want to be loud when Tyson might be talking in the other room or distract any new recruits that were gathering in there.

LILY

"Uhm..."
She was quiet for a moment.
"I'm not sure... What are my options?"
She shifted uncomfortably. "I haven't really worked in a group before.. I'm a good strategizer.."

JASON

"That's a pretty good size."
Jason said with the faintest smile. He glanced at Jane, then back to Pete.
"What do you all plan to do once you have control of the waterfront?" He asked curiously.

JANE

Pete shrugged,
"Tyson is developing a plan. Once we have a good amount of people or we stop being able to recruit he will be able to solidify an idea." He told them. He motioned for them to sit down in the lounge while he and his search group went out. Dusty sprinted off to join up with Carver so everyone had a buddy to help them if they were ambushed or hurt.

Tyson ran through his speech again and sent the next batch of recruits to the back.

AIDAN

Aidan looked her up and down. Pretty skinny probably not too good at fighting. She'd asked the question to see why the new girl was raising her hand, big she obviously had nothing important to ask because she didn't ask anything.

"For now she can gather supplies. Possibly moved later. " Aidan decided. They really didn't need strategists right now. They needed food and equipment. Most people were supply gathers to be switched at a later time.

David handed Lily a long sheath knife and a backpack.

"Your shift ends when it gets dark. Be back here by then and you might get dinner." He told her. The might get dinner wasn't a threat. It was a simple statement. They might have they might not it depended on what was brought it.
"I am the head shop keeper so to speak most supplies will go directly to me. Red, who's not here right now will take weapons and Aidan will take medical supplies.
Don't worry they'll find job that suits your skills later when we're not in so much need for stuff."
He explained to her smiling.

Aidan had already moved on to the next line of recruits. She would ask simple questions about them just too see if they had any medical knowledge to be a medic mostly.

LILY

Lily looked at the knife cautiously, easily slipping the backpack on her uninjured shoulder. She simply nodded to the people talking to her. "Do I start now?" She asked curiously, looking up at the one who'd given her the knife. She didn't know his name was David.

JASON

After listening to Tyson's speech, Jason looked to Jane.
"You okay?"
He asked, shifting. He seemed to ask that a lot, really wanting her to be okay. He followed the group, but didn't leave Jane's side.

DAVID

"Yeah...wait actually no...we're sending people out with at least one partner just in case they're attacked. You can get a partner from this group that's coming in now." David explained.
"Remember when delivering supplies except for medical and weapons it goes to me. I'm David." He added as he watched the next group come in.

JANE

Jane nodded slightly. She stood in line and looked around the room they were in. She frowned when she saw the people. Not because she didn't like it here, but because she thought she recognized someone. She only saw their back right now so she couldn't be sure.

There was a girl talking to a young man in a wheelchair. The girl was about the same height and build as her sister and had the same color hair. She also favored the same shoulder her sister would favor. It probably was nothing...she was probably just seeing things.

Jane didn't know what she'd do if she saw her sister again. There were so many feelings she tried to keep buried when it came to her sister. They'd been so close until Lily had left and Jane had had a severe breakdown. Jason had almost made her go to a physce ward it had been so bad.

Aidan came up to Jane and looked her over.

"Got any medical skills?" She asked Jane.

Jane was actually certified in basic first aide(she'd gotten it at her school right before it let out in case she could baby sit to earn money or something. They'd been in serious debt before the blast and her father had been forcing Jane to find work. No one had wants her babysit due to panic attacks though. ).

The middle schooler nervously nodded fiddling with her pack straps anxiously.

"What kind?" Aidan asked briskly.

LILY

"A partner? Uhm... Okay."
Lily said as she turned, her eyes glancing over the group. Wait... Did she just see..?? No... Yes? She couldn't see their faces well..

JASON

Jason sighed when Jane didn't answer his question. He glanced up as a woman started speaking to her. He didn't have really much medical expertise, but he could fight if he needed to. His eyes glanced over the previous group and he noticed someone familiar... His eyes widened and he suddenly stood still. It couldn't be..

JANE

"Um...I'm basic first aide certified." the tween mumbled. Aidan nodded. That was better than most,

"You're a medic. You will stay back with me until we get you supplied and then will go out with supply groups in case there's injuries." she told the smaller girl. Aidan moved on to the next person and Jane looked around. She now got a better look at the girl that looked like Lily. It was Lily! Jane's mouth suddenly went into a very tight straight line and her eyes darkened. She'd never gotten over her sister leaving and seeing her brought up feelings of anger, resentment, adn abandonment. She tightened her jaw and ducked her head so she was staring at the ground.

CARVER

Carver came back with dusty. They hadn't found anything yet except some clothes, but Dusty was developing a head ache(The boy tended to get really bad migraines), so Carver was bringing him back just in case. Dusty's migraines made it hard for him to think straight or even move sometimes so it best the boy went and tried to sleep it off before it got really bad.

Carver came back to the backroom to see if he could get another partner to go out with.

LILY

Lily froze as their eyes met. "Jane.." She said, a whisper under her breath. She felt frozen in place, unable to move. "Jason... Jane?" She whispered as her eyes glanced over the boy standing protectively next to Jane.

JASON

Jason knelt down beside Jane. "Hey.. That'll mean I'll probably have to go out and search while you stay here... Jane?" He tilted his head as he saw the look in her eyes. Looking over, he tensed. Lily? No way... She wouldn't have stayed this close to home... Would she? He stood, crossing his arms and slightly glaring.

LILY

Lily's eyes dropped to the floor as she saw the look in both of their eyes. She turned, starting to move only to bump into Carver. "S-sorry.." She said quietly, not looking up.

CARVER

Carver glanced down at Lily,
"Sup? You ok?" He asked. She seemed a bit off and upset at something. He looked around. What was there to be upset about? Everyone was just getting assignments and getting equipment? Sure there were a couple grumpy or surely looking people, but was that really something to cry about?

Then Carver notices the small girl and the young man who were glaring directly at Lily. The girl had kind of the same face as Lily except smaller...and the little one wasn't fair skinned. Caver frowned, but didnt say anything.

"Wait here you two. We're almost done abs need to make pairs. " David told them. David was 23 and could have quite the commanding presence when he wanted to.

JANE

The last group of people was barely a trickle. They finished the assigning placing Jason with a tall African American boy and Jane with Lily.

Jane tried to tell them she couldn't be paired with Lily, but couldn't. She was angry at Lily, but not enough to get the rest of these people mad at her. Jane didn't want to be the subject of the groups anger on her first day. She already felt her palms and sweating and her chest tighten. She wasn't sure if it was a panic attack though. It felt different.

Jane have one last desperate glance at Jason before she was handed a medic bag and told to get with her partner.

CARVER

Carver held his hand out to the young man who was to gather supplies with him. It was the same guy that had been glaring at Lily a minute ago.

"I'm Carver." He introduced himself.

LILY

Lily shook her head ever so slightly, quiet. She couldn't bring herself to speak. When she was paired with Jane, she suddenly felt panicky, light she needed to get out. Her eyes sting and she felt slightly dizzy.

JASON

Jason grimaced as Jane left his side, but he noticed he was being paired with another person.
"Jason."
He said calmly as he looked up at Carver.
"It's nice to meet you."
He said calmly as he shifted uncomfortably.

JANE

Jane put the small medic messenger bag on and then slung her own backpack on. She gripped the straps of the bag tightly as she and her sister walked out of the building. Jane said nothing, she didn't feel like she could speak with blowing up or something. She waited for Lily to choose the direction they went in since after all she was the supply gatherer.

Jane glanced around to checked or dangers and at the ground, never once making eye contact with Lily.

CARVER

Carver grinned at Jason,
"Let's get going." He said as he headed out. He looked at Jason seeing if he wanted to hear any particular direction. Carver could lead of needed, but he also wanted to see of the new guy ha dang ideas on where would be a good idea to look for gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DJae Writer Chick
LILY

"Jane... I'm sorry.."
She whispered, her voice shaky. She didn't know what else to say..
"I'm so sorry.."
Lily glanced around before leading the way to a small store she'd been looking at. It hadn't been completely ransacked, there were still a few possibly good supplies... She hoped.

JASON

Jason glanced around as the exited the center.
"There might be some supplies on the north side of town... Most of the stuff down here's been ransacked, even the useless stuff."
He stated calmly as he cautiously looked around.

JANE

Jane just gritted her teeth. She followed behind Lily and looked around the ransacked store. It was an old clothes and shoe store, they might find some nice stuff, no food, but good shoes or something.

Jane didn't care that Lily was sorry,,,or said she was sorry. That didn't change the fact she left her with her father to take the full brunt of his wrath. She shoved her hands into the pockets of her overalls silently.

CARVER

Carver nodded. It was a good idea they turned and head up towards the northern parts of town. They had to watch out and avoid being seen by any gangs. North wasn't as dangerous as near the water front, but it still wasn't a safe area to be. Though to be real no where was safe anywhere.

"So Jason, why'd ya join up?" Carver asked to make conversation.

LILY

Silent now, Lily paused outside the door, nudging it with her shoulder. As she slipped inside, she glanced around cautiously and then started rummaging through the rubble and junk to find anything worth any use..

JASON

"The young girl I was with.. I promised her older brother I'd protect her, and I thought it might be easier if we were in a group." He said quietly. "I would be devastated if anything were to harm her." Jason shuddered. "What about you?"

CARVER

Carver shrugged.
"When stuff hit the fan I figured a group would be better than alone so I traded some cigarettes and alcohol to join. They were a lot pickier right after the Blackout about who could join. " the boy explained.

JANE

Jane silently helped search through the rubble. She wished they hadn't joined and that she'd never seen her sister. She wished she could go back to this morning and say No to if she wanted to be with a group. Why had she ever sai yes? She didn't like people most of the time it didn't make sense for her to suddenly start liking them now.

Jane hoped night would come quickly when she would not have to be around Lily anymore.

(Sorry about being late! I thought I had already posted O.o)

LILY

Lily searched silently, every once in a while rubbing her eyes. They stung a little, she assumed because they were trying to tear up, but she wasn't going to cry. At least.. Not in front of anyone. She cursed silently as a mouse scampered over her foot and she knocked it away from her and Jane before she kept searching. She found some warm clothes and two cans of baked beans. Not much, but it was pretty good for the condition the shop looked to be in. She glanced at Jane. "Found anything?" She asked softly.

JASON

Jason nodded. "I'd be more picky too if it were my group." He said as he noticed a nearby barber shop. "Wanna see if we could salvage anything? A lot of people might not have gone for the supplies there."

(Sorry. I've been traveling and this slipped out of my alert box for some reason.

Can we time skip?)

(It's alright. Yes, we can time skip to whenever you would like~)

Status
Not open for further replies.