And Still We Rise: The Revolution (OOC/Signups)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Ooh, this looks interesting. I think I'll just make a summon then. But I would like to ask one question about it, are they purely non-humanoid things like familiars in other RPs?

Edit: never mind, it says it can be anything so I'll go create a humanoid one now.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jessica
Ooh, this looks interesting. I think I'll just make a summon then. But I would like to ask one question about it, are they purely non-humanoid things like familiars in other RPs?

Edit: never mind, it says it can be anything so I'll go create a humanoid one now.

Alright

Gonna let everyone know that if the number of Summons starts to greatly exceed the amount of Summoners then the Summon sheets will not be accepted until further notice

Would I be allowed to make a summoner character and join you in this roleplay?

• Thank You
Reactions: Lockheart
Ok, question. I understand that summoners purchase their summon. So, will this happen in the IC, or will they be assigned here? Or do we just kind of pair up however?

Name:

Asahd Alahkir

Male

Race: (Human or hybrid)

Human

Region:

Wyvoral

Class: (Upper, middle, or lower)

Lower

Style:

Defensive Attacker - Asahd is a defensive person, preferring not to fight at all. If he does, he relies on swift movements and counter attacks.

Thief/Pickpocket

Income:

5 Silver

Talents/Skills:

Sleight of Hand
Sneaking
Urban Maneuvering
Misdirection
Fast
Agile

Siblings (if any):

None

Spouse (if any):

None

Children (if any):

None

Relationships (if any):

None

Physical Characteristics:

Appearance Picture or Description:

25f5d25ffcf2f24f453185c964f2d97a.jpg

Height:

5'8"

Weight:

171 lbs.

Eye Color:

Blue

Hair Color:

White

Skin color:

Dark Brown

Distinguishing features:

Paint lines under eyes

Habits:

Tapping feet or fingers
Sneaking off to be alone
Climbing
Drinking

Hobbies:

Darts
Poker
Sleight of Hand
Gambling

Greatest flaw:

Mistrust

Best quality:

Ingenuity

Summon(s):

How did you obtain your Summon?:

Asahd accidentally stole his summon scroll from a noble, who to this day holds a pre-existing grudge against the "street rat". One late night, breaking into his study to again steal whatever book he was reading, along with food, of course, he discovered the scroll lying upon his desk. The distraction had worked even better than usual, as he couldn't imagine why a man would leave behind such a treasure. In a lapse of judgment, Asahd took the scroll for himself, hoping that some day it would make his life easier. Maybe even provide him a way to make some legitimate change.

Weapons:

Daggers
Throwing Knives
Improvised Weapons

Strengths/Weaknesses:

Agile
Strong
Clever
Deft
Ambidextrous
Sneaky

Fears:

Imprisonment
Slavery

Motivation for joining:

Desire To Do Some Good
Blackmail

Personality:

Asahd is a fairly happy-go-lucky kind of person. He tends to distract himself from his loneliness and aggravating life situations with humor. Since childhood, Asahd has been constantly on the move, stealing what he needed to survive, and rarely anything more. His gambling tends to help keep him afloat, while also serving as a great hobby of his. Thanks to his sleight of hand skills, he's often able to take advantage of the weather members of society. He doesn't handle friendships well, as he believes everyone is out for themselves, always willing to betray anyone at any time. Because of this he tends to prefer being alone.

Background:

Ask him...

• Bucket of Rainbows
Ok, question. I understand that summoners purchase their summon. So, will this happen in the IC, or will they be assigned here? Or do we just kind of pair up however?

You can explain how you obtained your Summon depending on your social class. For instance, a poor person can't buy a Summon but they can find or steal a scroll. Middle and Upper class can buy one. You know. You'll get a summon by random abd will actually do the summon IC

Well, I'm only making a summon here so I was just wondering about it.

This looks like it has potential, I plan on making a summon since I usually play the controller type. Trying out different writing styles and such. Is the spot reservation first come first serve or decided by those who put up their CS first?

This looks like it has potential, I plan on making a summon since I usually play the controller type. Trying out different writing styles and such. Is the spot reservation first come first serve or decided by those who put up their CS first?

First come first serve

So even if I put up a cs before someone who voiced an interest in making a summon character, they would have priority if there are not enough summoner characters? (just making sure)

So even if I put up a cs before someone who voiced an interest in making a summon character, they would have priority if there are not enough summoner characters? (just making sure)
If the person who reserved is taking a while to make their sheet, I will accept yours over theirs. I begin to assume they're not interested anymore.

In short, I will accept a Summon sheet posted today over someone's who reserved the spot a week ago and not posted anything.

If the person who reserved is taking a while to make their sheet, I will accept yours over theirs. I begin to assume they're not interested anymore.

In short, I will accept a Summon sheet posted today over someone's who reserved the spot a week ago and not posted anything.

Gotcha, makes sense

Basic Statistics
Name: Jarl Dagon.
Race: Human.
Region: Born in second. Now in fifth.
Class: Lower class, despite being born upper class.
Style: Attacker, usually trying to outmaneuver enemies and attack from a more advantageous angle.
Income: 30,000 Copper coins.
Talents/Skills:
- Pick pocketing.
- Lock picking.
- Silver tongue (though his mouth gets him into just as much trouble as he can talk his way out of).
- Quick witted.
- Thinks well under pressure.
- Good planner.
Siblings:
- Kier Dagon, brother (oldest), upper class merchant.
- Mika Dagon, brother (older), librarian.

Physical Characteristics
mega_fantasy_avatar_by_jackdoyle94-db4btfa.png
Height: 5'8".
Weight: 120 lbs.
Eye Color: Brown.
Hair Color: Black.
Skin Color: Caucasian.
Distinguishing Features: Long, black hair that goes to the bottom of his back. A long scar running down his back.

Habits:
- Taps his foots or shakes his leg when growing impatient.
- Often fiddles around with objects in his hands when bored.
Hobbies:
- Reading.
- Used to enjoy scrapping with his two older brothers.
- Playing cards, dice, or any other form of gambling.
Greatest Flaw: Spoiled due to having grown up rich. After losing his parent's wealth and prestige, it took Jarl a long time to adjust to life as a member of the lower class. He expected things to be given to him, expected people do as he said, and expected to the exception to everything bad. He learned the hard way that he was wrong. And now, while knowing that he's just another poor commoner, he still has an attitude and a smart mouth which often gets him into trouble. Jarl still sees himself as better than the other lower class people.
Best Quality: Confident. Over confident, in fact, to the point that he often lets his guard down. His confidence allows him to get away with a lot and do what many others are afraid to try. Nothing is too daring for Jarl. Especially if a bet is made. The main reason he so confident is because he knows that, should something go wrong, he can rely on his summon in most circumstances. While he has the skills back up his confidence, he really does get himself into a lot of trouble. Despite his confidence, he really does not like large crowds of people. Furthermore, he dislikes a lot of animals. And while he handles new situations very well, he still dislikes them. Sudden loud noises also shake him.

Summon: A gift from his parents, before their death. Since the scroll was on his person during the attack, it was not stolen. And after that he always considered it too valuable to sell.

Weapons: Rusty dagger.
Strengths:
- Courageous.
- Understands upper class society.
- Knows a lot about individuals from the upper class, who is parents dealt with.
- Respects money and is very shrewd with how/where he spends it.
- Adaptable, despite disliking being required to change.
- Confident.
Weaknesses:
- Self interested.
- Uncomfortable in new situations, though he makes up for this by forming plans rather fast and adapting very fast.
- Uninterested in the plight of the lower class.
- Detached from people and very much lacking in empathy.
- Overly confident.
- Dislikes large crowds.
Fears:
- Oldest brother; Kier.
- Anything that barks, growls, squawks, roars, or makes intimidating noises. Generally any animal.
- Loud noises, after having spent a lot of time in quiet prison cells or sneaking around at night.
Motivation for Joining: Sees it as the best way to avenge his parents and kill his brother.

Personality:
Smart to the point that he thinks (incorrectly of course) other people are beneath him. Despite the fact that, at times, he can act snobby and uptight, he is still a good person. And years with the lower class has taught him at least some humility.

Background:
The Dagon family was wealthy, respected, and highly admired. But they were also hated by their competition. And when you're rich, you often find that just as many people hate you for your money as they do love you. So while Jarl grew up in a large mansion in the second region and surrounded by servants, this all changed when he was eight. Mercenaries, hire by the enemies of his parents and lead by his own older brother (Kier), attacked the mansion and overwhelmed the security. Within minutes, the mansion was ransacked and Kier and killed both his father and his mother with his own hands.

Mika, the middle brother, was confined to the library he worked in and thus evaded the attack. Jarl was not so lucky. Kier struck his own little brother down from behind. As Jarl lay, bleeding in the floor, he watched Kier kill his parents with the very same sword that he been used on him. But in his rage, Kier forgot about his little brother bleeding to death and left him alive. Jarl passed out.

When he awoke, some time later, Jarl found himself in a small room. After trying to move he discovered that his back had been cut open and, after reopening the wound upon attempting to move, was bleeding a lot. Luckily for him, and middle-aged woman appeared with what passed for medical supplies. As the woman tended to Jarl's wound, she explained to him what had happened: She had been a servant at his parent's mansion. During the attack the woman had hidden herself away inside a broom closet. After the noises stopped and she thought everyone had gone away, she left the closet and began searching through all of the dead for survivors. The only living person she found was an unconscious boy, Jarl. The woman carried Jarl out of the mansion and to her underground home so that she could save him.

Over the course of the next two weeks, Jarl lived in a small storage room. She provided what little food she could afford and nursed him back to health. When the wound was healing well and he seemed healthy enough, the woman declared that she could no longer afford to support him. So Jarl was told to leave her home.

After scrounging in the dirt for a week, Jarl realized that an eight year old boy had no hope of surviving underground. He was too young and injured as well. It was impossible for him to do any manual labor and earn at least a small living. So he left the underground tunnels (where the poor resided) and made his way up to the surface. The world he found up there was vastly different. He could understand this society of the overly rich and the mercenaries. But he did not yet understand his place in it. His first attempt to give orders to a mercenary saw him being simply ignored. His second attempt saw him being kicked aside. It took a while. But Jarl learned not to talk to people. If he wanted something done, he would have to do it himself. And right now he wanted to eat. His only option was to steal food since he had no money and no way of making any.

After a few months of robbing markets and making quick getaways, Jarl was growing confident in his ability to survive this cruel world. And he always longed for his old home and family. One night, he decided that he would steal something worth far more. He planned to break into one of the upper class houses. And steal any and all valuables he could get his hands on. In fact, the job went according to plan. And he made a clean getaway with a lot of jewelry, art and money. The very next day he tried to sell the jewelry. This is when he was caught. The merchant he had tried to sell to was a relative of the one he had stolen from. The one-of-a-kind jewelry had belonged to a very prominent (and rich) family. Hired mercenaries responded to the merchants orders and Jarl was seized. Along with all of his stolen goods.

Jarl saw the inside of what passed for a prison cell. For over seven months he resided inside a barely functioning jail. There were only a few other inmates - Jarl surmised that many were beaten to death for their crimes instead of actually being arrested. Over the course of a few years, Jarl bounced in and out of prison. During his time he picked up useful skills from the other inmates. Furthermore, he learned what mistake he had lead to him getting caught each time. During this time he slowly learnt to use his summon. Until by the age of eighteen he was released from prison and had never been caught since.

Three years of stealing, robbing and burgling from the rich. Moving around from one region to the next whenever rumors about him would start to spread. When he heard about the rebellion. Jarl saw this as his chance to strike back. Not against the tyranny and injustice of the rich. But against his oldest brother. So he did everything he could to find information on the rebellion. Finally, he found himself in the fifth region, on an island. From here finding and joining the rebellion took very little time.

Now it has almost been an entire year since he joined. And he is still no closer to getting his revenge. But he has been helping people, mainly the poor, and made a small profit on the side.

I hope everything is okay with this character sheet. If there is anything that needs to be changed, then just say and I shall do so immediately. Parts of his background feel cliché but I had to make changes to my character so that he would fit in your universe. Personally, I like the way that he turned out and look forward to playing with all of you!

• Bucket of Rainbows
What would you say your posting expectations (how long we have to post/ how long the post has to be) are?

What would you say your posting expectations (how long we have to post/ how long the post has to be) are?
The minimum is a five sentence paragraph that's legible. I don't expect novel length posts, but I just want everyone to try.

As for posting frequency. I'd like at least 1 or 2 posts a week. The more the better.

Alright. I'm not entirely sure if I will be able to carry this out, but I'll make a summon anyway.

Basic Statistics

Name: He-Who-Takes-Blood, (aka Blood)
Race: human
Region: Summons Realm
Talents/Skills:
Blood magic
Hand-to-hand combat
Tracker

Style: Attacker
Siblings (if any): She-Who-Sees-Bones
Spouse (if any): none
Children (if any): none
Significant Others/Crushes (if any): none

Physical Characteristics:

tribal_shaman_by_butteredbap-d6wwvnh.jpg

Height: 6 feet 3 inches
Weight: 205
Eye Color glowing white
Hair Color: black
Skin color: tan
Distinguishing features: His glowing white eyes

Mannerisms:
Blood is an almost feral individual, and often acts more bestial than civilized. He often growls or makes other guttural noises to show his displeasure.

Habits:
Paces when impatient
Sometimes mumbles to himself

Hobbies:
fighting
cleaning his weapon
experimenting with blood magic

Style: Tribal

Greatest flaw:
His arrogance

Best quality:
His drive to never give up

Weapons:
One tribal blade
Blood magic

Strengths:
Fighting spirit
determination
Excellent attacker

Weaknesses:
Working with others
Thinks lowly of the weak
No supportive abilities

Summoner: ?

Personality:
Blood is a warrior at heart, he takes great pride in his blood magic and fighting skills. While not as old as other summons, he still acts dismissive of others. He sees humans as weaklings who only use their summons because they cannot fight for themselves. But, if someone proves themselves to him through either fighting or bravery he will begrudgingly respect them.

Background:
Blood is one of the tribal twins. He embodies strength, cunning, and ferocity. He also prides himself on his fighting prowess with both blade, hands, and blood magic. His sister is the more gentle of the pair, and is usually the one who keeps her brother in check. Without her guidance and support, Blood can cause trouble quite easily. His last summoner used Blood to intimidate and hurt others. This left Blood with a bad impression of humans and does not think highly of them. He spends most of his time with his sister as he does not see the point of getting along with others.

Blood has his name both from his use of magic and fighting ferocity. Blood uses magic that relies on the use of fresh blood to power the spells. Therefore, the more Blood fights (and kills), the stronger he becomes. His sister is a seer who uses bones of the dead to see prophecies, contact spirits, and raise the dead. The two of them form a strong team and love each other very much, when separated for long periods of time, Blood gets increasingly agitated as he worries about his sister who can not defend herself.

Additional Notes on This Character: