And Still We Rise: The Revolution (IC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Vermilion
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She had been minding her own business, more or less ignoring the large Summon until he threw the keg, hard enough to smash a bit of the boat. Vermilion instantly rose, visibly angry. "Are you insane?! If you destroy this boat you will sink us all and every last bit of resource we have for this rebellion." Vermilion did her damnedest and controlled her tone to the best of her ability. Yelling would only make him defensive. "Save your anger for the real enemy, not your comrade-in-arms." She told him, hoping to talk some sense into that head of the orc.

@Tank2Crate
Kami
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sheesh. From listening to happy flute tunes one second to a bird lady scolding an orc almost twice her size. Kami wished she had some peanuts or some fruit to watch the scene unfolding. After so much silence and barely any talking, Kami had gotten up to help regarding the kitsune's request. Seeing what was happening made her nervous, and it showed. The bird lady was right. They were comrades. Wouldn't be no good if they started fighting each other too. "Oh boy... Haven' even started the revolution and the big boy's about to get everyone to turn on him." She said more to herself but loud enough for Kia to hear.

@Silver

Last edited:
Shirou frowned as a keg of ale was thrown and landed just in front of him. "Seems the brutish orc does not wish to get out of this god forsaken sea... No matter, would anyone else like to be a tad more friendly than our near drunk companion here?" Shirou sat down on the bow, his tails fanning out for balance.

Xuthakag turned and looked at the lady and lowered his head a little. "My apologize miss temper gets the best of me sometimes." He sheathed his axe. "Please how can i be of assistance on the rest of this horrible trip." Xuthakag asked for he had a small soft spot for women when it came to war time. Xuthakag always made sure his female comrades were taken care of and any female opponent was ended quickly. "You have great courage as well for stepping up against someone twice your size dear. Please anything you need let me know." Xuthakag said with a slight bow.

Vermilion
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"An apology to our friend and helping us row the boat would be an excellent start.. Thank you." She told the orc. Vermilion was glad that the outbursts were over as quick as it started. She didn't like the idea of this Summon endangering everyone around him simply because he had a little too much to drink. But he seemed to have a good heart underneath his muscle. The muscle that could be used to row the boat.

"Speaking of which." She turned to Shirou. "If you like, I could scout ahead and estimate our arrival time. I'm sure we're not too far away." The large wings on her back weren't just for show after all.​

Xuthakag nodded his head and turned towards the fox looking man. "My dearest apologizes please drink on me whenever you need on." He told him then turned towards the winged lady. "Indeed ill be on my way down there." He said walking back down to one of the rowing stations and took over a whole oar himself to row.

"Bahhh, ignore them," Jarl said. "It's their problem if they don't like us drinking."

And then his attention turned to Shirou, petitioning them to row. He made a convincing case that rowing could get them there sooner. But it was a lot of effort. Yeah, the waiting was boring, but they would get there eventually.

"If your problem is waiting, then you should do something to pass the time," he called out to Shirou.

He followed Xuthakag to the rowing oar and sat down beside him, cup still in hand. He made no attempt to assist in rowing. Not his idea, not what he wanted. Besides, Xuthakag could probably row even a boat this big on his own.

Shirou blinked in surprise as the orc apologized. Maybe he shouldn't have been so quick to call him 'brutish'. Or the bird lady had persuasion powers. Either way, he should probably not jump to conclusions in the future. Then the orc offered a drink on him... Shirou didn't usually just drink. It was normally used to dull pain at the end of a fight when he was wounded. That might be interesting though, who knows? Then Vermillion spoke, asking if it would be helpful to scout and see how much longer this ride should be. "With your summoner's permission, yes that would be quite helpful. And thank you for your part in easing that bit of tension just now."

The Little Warrior sat next to its master, head down, more or less unmistakable from a simple clothing display for children. From the darkness that was its head there was a pale green, and the Warrior leaned weakly with the rocking of the boat. It had been many years since he was last on a ship, enough time to forget that he absolutely hated sailing. He didn't feel stable standing and grew progressively more worried with every creak of the ramshackle raft. He fiddled with his current trinket, a modle to resemble a paper birds that his and the Fox's previous master made, and glanced at the most worrying of his fellow passengers. A large summon dressed in bones, a sinsiter air hanging around him and his wicked blade. The Warrior made sure his war hammer was at the ready, and then fell over from the shock of the water suddenly splashing against him. His new summoner was a odd one, she seemed to pack her energy together only to let it out in short, quick bursts. He looked at the water, attempting to glean how it was as 'cool' as she said, still glancing back at the wicked looking summon.

The Tiny Fox awoke from its usual perch atop its friend's straw hat when he fell over. The spirit rolled off of its former bed and stood up to sleepily to trotted over to the water. 'Yeah I remember, this makes you more thirsty if you drink it!' It messaged back to its summoner, proud of it vast knowledge of this strange world. The Fox was trying to get a feel for its new summoner as well so it tried starting a conversation. 'So I was sleeping while you guys were talking about what we're doing,' which was entirely true, 'Why are we going to that place with the cannibals again?' When the summoner started playing her flute The Tiny Fox couldn't help but bob up and down to the music, 'You're very good with that!'

Reactions: Silver
@Takashi

Vermilion
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She waved her hand a little dismissively towards the kitsune. "Please, there is no need for thanks. I will check with my Summon then take flight should he agree."

Vermilion did just that. She approached and asked Tristian for permission to go ahead. The teen didn't look like he found the others untrustworthy, nor did he look the type to want to hold anyone back. And she was right in her assumption. When the permission she needed was granted, Vermilion stepped towards the front of the boat and outstretched her fiery wings. With a strong gust of wind beneath her, Vermilion shot upwards and began her flight. The bird woman disappeared into the distance within a few moments, gone almost as quickly as she had shot into the air.​