An Exchange...

He gave her a half grin and whispered back as class started just as he was about to answer, "Hah, too often, meaning you still plan on it?" His notebook was out and turned in such a way she couldn't really see he hoped. He was working again on the lyrics from the day before, but before he knew it, the sad song he'd been thinking of about loss of a family member turned into unrequited love lyrics. Oh well, he'd not been so committed to the first idea anyways, scribbling it out rather quickly for the new ones.

She smiled cheekily and pulled her own notebook and pen out. "Yeah, I'm hoping the 'lost damsel-in-distress' will attract nice boys," she joked, blushing gently. She looked up and began jotting down notes, glancing occasionally at him.

He snorted a laugh at her response, lightly shaking his head as he kept his nose down on his own distractions. Every once in a while, he could feel her looking at him, and he would turn his head to smile back at her, or wink. Finally the bell rang, and as they gathered up their things, he decided he would walk her to the next class again.

"So, I think I already have a test coming up beginning of next week in English, you still willing to help a poor Korean boy with his pronunciation and comprehension?"

She smiled as she walked with him, fiddling with a pencil in her hand. Barry looked up at him and nodded. "Of course, would you like to meet up tonight?" Barry asked him. "You'll be getting an A on that test, is that clear?" she asked, saying the last part in English and laughing gently.

He nodded and was about to answer her when she continued, in English and his smile warped into a more sheepish grin. "Uhh...yea tonight I can do, but..I have no clue what you said after." Chuckling nervously after, "Guess that's why I need your help haha...where do you want to meet? Library, park...?" He couldn't offer his own place, no way could he have someone from school over, or they'd know instantly he wasn't what he was trying to pass himself off as.

"I said..." she stopped for a moment, smiling. "Whatever, you'll learn tonight anyway, right now is no time for an english lesson. Anyway, we could meet at the library or my dorm, whichever you think it would be easier to study at," Barry replied.

Whoa, it was seriously that easy to get her to let him into her place...Grinning he nodded as they stopped in front of her next class, "Yea, your place could work. I'll wait for you after classes are out, maybe we can stop and I'll...we'll grab some dinner." Opps, did she catch it? Hmm...

After she went in, he booked it to his next class back on the first floor, barely paying attention again, which wasn't useful since it was English.

Barry smiled and nodded. "I'll see you then. You can be my Korean tour-guide and show me nice restaurants," she joked, heading into her classroom. She was rather glad he had chosen to go to her place, it would be... Just the two of them.. Alone...

Shaking the thoughts away, she took a seat and listened as the teacher spoke. At least, she appeared to be listening. Barry was really just sitting there staring off into space. She would have to take control tonight and keep it strictly about english. He was charming though, he could easily get past any defenses she had, should he want to.

The rest of the day went by agonizingly slow for Yejun. His mind was completely on getting to spend a hefty chunk of his evening with this girl. After they had their last class together for the day, he made his way out to park bench again, near the entrance to the building, and immediately fell asleep.

Anyone walking past might think he pretending to be homeless, his hood pulled up, his body language relaxed and stretched out and those glasses, covering half his face.

Barry sat through her last class boredly, though, once again, she paid full attention. By the time her last class was let out, Barry felt tired and sore. The promise of getting to spend some time with Dae was soothing though. She pulled out her phone and sent him a message as she left the school building: Where are you? All set for tonight?

His phone going off in his pocket startled him awake again, but the message brought a smile to his face. After letting her know where he was, he waited right where he'd been for the last hour or so, adjusting his position to more upright only to realize his ass had fallen asleep too. He'd just been standing up and trying to get feeling back in it by smacking it rather hard with a fist when Barry found him.

"Hey there...uhh, so ready?" he was blushing but half was covered by the sunglasses still.

Barry smiled and walked to where he had said he would be. Surely, she found him, though, she didn't expect to find him smacking his butt. Barry raised an eyebrow and looked at him curiously. She didn't say anything, but waited until he noticed her standing there.

She nodded. "Yeah... Um..." Barry said, a small laugh threatening to come out. She cleared her throat and smiled a little. "I'm ready, where do you want to go for dinner?"

Taking the glasses off he smiled at her, "Well, that depends, do you want something to remind you of home, or to have a dinner that's truly Korean?" He stood there in front of her, thumbs hooked in the straps of his bag at his shoulders. The hood was still up, sunglasses tucked in the collar of the sweatshirt.

"cause there's a great little pizza place nearby for all the American loving foodies, but then there's plenty of traditional barbecue style places too."

Barry considered the options. She did love pizza and the thought of delicious cheese and crust was certainly enticing. Though, she could have as much pizza as she wanted back home, she had to enjoy being in Korea. What would be the point if she didn't even eat their food?

She looked at him and smiled, a determined look in her eyes. "Dae, take me to the best Korean place you can think of," she said firmly.

The guy grinned back at her, "Alright, Korean it is." And with that they were off. After walking about twenty blocks into the main center of the city, he led her down a couple more random streets until finally stopping in front of a small out of the way looking place. The exterior didn't look like much, but once inside, there was a pleasant, homelike sort of atmosphere. The hostess knew his face, so it was obvious right away he'd been here often.

Once seated, "Hey, let me order for you? I wanna make sure you get the best thing on the menu." Just before she could respond though, a short balding man came out from the back and walked right up to the table. His words were very fast, and he hugged Barry's dinner buddy instantly. Yejun looked happy to see the man, but had to catch him from giving away his real name. Finally after a couple minutes, the guy turned to her "Ahh, so sorry Barry, this is my grandpa. He owns the restaurant." he was grinning from ear to ear as his grandfather greeted the girl and then nudged Yejun with a wink.

Barry smiled when they walked into the restaurant, liking the whole aura of it. She sat down with Dae and was about to tell him he could order for her when an older man stepped over. Barry watched them, smiling and laughing a little.

"Oh, your grandpa," she said, smiling. She nodded politely, smiling. "Hello sir," Barry said. She blushed a little as he winked at Dae and looked down a little. I hope they don't think I'm his girlfriend or something she thought, though she didn't really mind all that much to be honest. "Anyway, yes. You can order for me," Barry told him, smiling.

Yejun nodded to his grandfather with a smile and without more words exchanged the old man waddled back off into the kitchen, shouting something as he went through the swinging doors. "It's going to be amazing, I promise...and it's not cause I'm biased or anything."

After about ten minutes, the old man came back out, a small younger woman following him. Both were holding a plate in each hand, the contents were steaming. The woman's plates had bowls on top and as she set them down one for either of the two at the table, it was obvious there was a soup inside. Grandpa placed his two nearer the middle of the table "Goo, you eet now." Trying his English out on Barry grinning widely and nodding. Yejun had to hold back a laugh by placing his hand over his mouth and when he finally regained composure, responded to his grandfather in Korean, "Thank you Grandpa, that's enough I'm sure."

Barry smiled, leaning forward a little to take a whiff of the food. It smelled incredibly delicious. She smiled at the old man, "Thank you." Turning back to Dae she asked, "Alright Dae, what exactly am I going to be eating? It smells pretty good."