An Exchange...

Yejun found himself snickering at her inability to read the titles of her future assignments, though quickly stopped when her question about his class reminded him he was in a similar situation with his English class. There weren't books to read, but he was going to have a difficult time keeping up with that particular class. Of all the courses he was taking this year, that was likely the only one he'd actually find useful in his career. Keeping the grin, he shrugged "It was fine." repeating her words, even her tone, playfully. It was then the professor walked in and Yejun put his fingers to his lips like he was shushing her, but it was all entirely hammed up with the intent to get a response, not silence.

Barry looked at him, a mischevious smile creeping upon her face as he shushed her. Without warning, Barry had reached ove rand flicked his ear playfully. "Shush yourself," she told him quietly. "And since your English class went fine, I suppose you won't need me, will you?" Barry smirked a little, though her eyes showed that her words were all in good fun.

He rolled his eyes behind the sunglasses, chuckling a little when she flicked his ear, feigning an expression of pain. Leaning over he whispered back to her, still facing forward, "Alright, and you won't need help with your books either..." sitting back into his chair properly afterwards and pretending to be paying attention.

Instead of taking notes, he was writing down lyrics to one of his songs he'd just been given, hearing the music somewhere in his head over the monotonous droning of their math professor. If anyone attempted to look at what he was writing, the notebook would be quickly covered, or closed.

"I guess we're square," she murmured, looking up as the lesson began. Barry was in a good mood today. She'd made a friend and had somehow gotten to her classes on time.

She began writing down notes, noticing Dae writing too through the corner of her eye. He seemed to be focused on what he was writing but... It couldn't possibly be notes about the problems the teacher was writing on the board. He was writing way too much. Barry shrugged away the curiousity though.

To Yejun's horror, in the middle of the class the professor called on him and since he'd not been following along, he had no clue where they were at in the lesson. Quickly he looked up at the board, spouting off an answer to one of the problems up there, only to have the class burst out in laughter. The professor shook his head, "Pay attention better young man, it will serve you well in the future. The answer you gave me was to a problem we did ten minutes ago." He could feel the eyes staring back at him just as the heat of flushed cheeks rushed to his attention. He tried to pull his hoodie over his face more and slump down in hiding at his desk, despite knowing he wasn't an ostrich, sometimes it felt better to act like one. He couldn't wait for class to be over now....only one more to go, and that one would at least be interesting to him.

Barry actually knew the answer to that one, they had been studying something like that in her math class back home. She smirked as Dae was called instead, turning to him expectantly. She tried mouthing the answer to him, but he didn't spot it and ended up telling the teacher the wrong problem's answer.

She turned away as the class started to laugh, covering her mouth a little. Barry turned to him as he slumped back. "Hey, it's alright," she whispered, "I bet half the class didn't know the real answer anyway." It was a feeble attempt at comfort, but it was the best she could come up with.

He looked at her from over the top of his sunglasses. Her attempt at consoling his pride had not gone unnoticed, and while it was cute, only made him feel worse. He was quiet the rest of the class, slumped down in his desk, arms crossed and looking wholly unapproachable. He was back in the mind-set of wishing he didn't have to go through this whole year as a regular student.

Finally the class was over again and he nearly got up heading straight for the door without Barry. With a short sigh, he turned back to her "Do you need help finding the next one again?"

Barry sighed a little and turned away from him, turning slightly red. He looked even more embarrassed now, so her attempt was in vain. She sat quietly, tapping her pencil on her notebook, scribbling down the occasional note.

When class was over, she turned to see him already about to take off. She stood up as well, grabbing her things. Barry shook her head, "No... I'll be fine. You can leave if you want to."

Not really being the best with subtle female communication, her response translated quite literally even if it wasn't what she actually meant. Yejun was used to girls fawning over him, pawing at his every move and clawing each other to get the closest spot. If a girl didn't directly say she was interested, he often missed it, and certainly didn't catch hints.

With her answer he shrugged, "Alright, see you tomorrow then." and was out the door before she could protest. During his next class he'd think back on those few moments and wonder why she'd declined his help again, making up reasons in his head about why she would do that and convince himself she really had no interest in getting to know him better.

She almost reached out to grab him before he could leave, but she clenched her fist. Dense... Men these days, she thought, somewhat amused. Rather angrily, Barry headed off to her class, getting to it just as the bell rang. She sighed a little as she took her seat. Maybe she shouldn't have said no.... She would've gotten there earlier and been able to talk to him more. But how was she supposed to know he was going to leave her?

She must have pulled her phone out a million times, wanting to text him. Barry fought off the urge though. If he wasn't interested, then neither was she.

Yejun had half hoped she would text him during the class, but was easily distracted by the topic of the one he was siting in. Creative Writing was exactly what he'd wanted to strengthen. He had just started working with his lyricist to create songs, but he wanted his next album to have at least one track that was completely designed and written by himself.

Having actually paid attention to this class, he quickly forgot about his cell in his pocket, only thinking to check it after class was over. Having no text from Barry, he sighed and started making his way out of the building. He was done for the day, and was relieved to be. He knew Barry would have another class before she was finished, so sitting on a park bench in the courtyard, Yejun pushed his sunglasses up the bridge of his nose, pulled his hood down to meet the top and stretched his legs out. It didn't take long for him to fall asleep, and while he slept he dreamed.

Barry sighed a little. Not a single text and now she was left to wander around the school building. She knew Dae didn't have class, so he probably took off, which meant she couldn't call him and ask him for help. And she was mad at him, so she wouldn't do it anyway! At least... That's what she told herself.

After wandering aimlessly, Barry looked back down at her map and schedule. "Room 334C?!" she said, almost shouting. Finally, she pulled out her phone and sent Dae a text: If the A rooms or on the second floor and the B rooms are on the first floor, where are the C rooms? The freaking basement?!

He was running in his dream when he stopped, an odd musical tone creeping over the loud speakers of the school he'd apparently been in, his leg was vibrating and as he looked down at it curiously, Yejun woke with a start. His phone had gone off and slowly he removed it from his pocket to see who the offender was. The boy nearly burst out laughing when he saw Barry's message. Using the least amount of words he could to convey a succinct answer: No, first # = floor, letter=wing...231A is second floor wing A, or eastern wing etc. Ok?

Barry stared blankly at the message for a few moments, registering what it said. She sighed and replied: Yeah. Makes perfect sense.

She took a deep breath and looked around again. She was already late, so she should at least find the room, so she could get to it easily tomorrow. With what Dae had said in mind, Barry made her way down the halls until she found the C wing and her classroom. When she walked in, a deep shade of red came over her as she apologized and hurried to take a seat.

It hadn't taken long for Yejun to fall asleep when he was already woken up again by his phone. This time, it was his Manager calling, letting him know that after they'd spoken that morning, he'd formulated a plan and gotten everything worked out, he just needed him to show up within the hour, the car was already on it's way to pick him up, it'd be there in ten minutes.

With a short sigh, he stood up stretching, taking a quick glance back at the building with a frown. He had planned on catching Barry when she got out of her last class, but this was important, and he'd get to see her in the morning anyways. Just as the manager said, the car was waiting and as Yejun got in, a couple of the other students caught sight of the nicer car, noticing how their classmate got into the back, like there was driver instead of the front with a friend or family member.

Later that night, after a couple hours of hair and make up, Yejun was at an Entertainment Press Conference, they added extensions and died his hair blond to give the singer a totally new look. He was using the guise of taking about being in the process of recording his next album as a way to set his classmates off the track of thinking Dae even remotely looked like Yejun despite it being the same person. The plan was that he'd wear a wig to school everyday, one of the best in the business, secured much the same fashion that actors in films did. Everything at the press conference went well, he only hoped the plan paid off.

She finally got out of class, yawning and stretching. Barry looked around expectantly, but quickly told herself that Dae wouldn't have stuck around. She wouldn't.

Of course... She couldn't help but wish he had. Not just because he was nice, but because she wasn't entirely sure how to get to the dormitory she would be staying at. Shrugging, she asked someone else if they could direct her there.

The next morning on his way to class, Yejun found quiet whispering of a group of girls quite entertaining as he passed, catching them rating a particular male vocalist's newest hair style. He'd had someone show him this morning how to apply his new wig and set it properly so it was secure. The wig they'd given him was just a slightly different style than how his hair had been the day before, a little longer actually, but no one thought it would be noticeable really.

Feeling more confident about this new deception, Yejun took his seat in his first class, at the back again, hood down and sunglasses off. It had been a long night, and he'd barely slept, but he was dying to see Barry again, even if he wouldn't admit it.

Surprisingly, Barry managed to get to class on her own without an issue. She walked in in time to see Dae taking his seat. She smiled and waved a little in greeting, stepping over to him and taking the seat next to his. "Hey, where's your sunglasses. I almost didn't recognize you," she teased, laughing gently.

"Anyway, how was your night? I mean... Uh... Well, how did you sleep?" she said, flustered suddenly. Jeez, why am I stuttering? she wondered. And why do I want to know how his night was? Barry almost smacked herself.

He smiled when he caught sight of her, chuckling slightly at her teasing. "I figured maybe the professor here was right, it's not that stunning of an education that I need to protect my eyes." He'd just winked at her, when he caught the professor's glare out of the corner of his eye and gave her a sheepish grin with a shrug. She rolled her eyes but went back to prepping her papers for the class.

Turning back to face the girl next to him, "Whoops...didn't think I was that loud haha. My night? Uhh, it was fine, ate, slept some, came to class again." He left out the press conference, the changing of hair styles, his new wig...these were things no one, not even Barry needed to know right now. "How was yours? I was gonna wait for you, but I had something I needed to go take care of."

Barry laughed at the sight of the teacher's glare. "She doesn't look too hapoen with you now," Barry whispered, laughing quietly. She stopped and thought for a moment, contemplating the day before before replying. "My night was alright. I ended up a little lost on my way to the dorm, but I made it," she replied, laughing a little. "The good thing is is that I have the layout down, so I won't get lost too often anymore."