An Arragement Most Foul

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
" Oh so much has happened Charles..." Annaliel started as she started to talk about what she had been up to since he left.

A lot more than meeting Constantine had happened. She finished her schooling and even traveled a bit before she was organized into an arranged marriage with Constantine. She eadgerly talked while Charles listened smiling and laughing as he added his own two cents every now and then.

Constantine waltzed back in the parlor and sat back down. He nodded to them so as not to interrupt the conversation and listened quietly.

Annaliel nodded back at him and Charles just simply smiled a bit as they continued to talk about things they had done. There were some things that not even Constantine knew about his own wife. She had been to Ireland to study with a high class private tutor for a year before she turned eighteen, traveled to France to see many operas with her great aunt who happened to be a famous singer there and even went to Norway with her father on business and got to sample their many brews. The list seemed to go on and on and all of it things that she never once mentioned to her husband. Charles would add his own comment once in awhile and even told his own stories about his travels and such. Soon before anyone knew it, it was late and Arelson was starting to get fussy, meaning it was time for his afternoon nap. Annaliel picked up the whining baby and rubbed his back comfortingly as she looked to Charles, him also standing up to go as well.

"It was great to see you and, I do hope we can see you around." She said politely.

"I hope so as well, I will be here for quite some time. My mother plans to keep me here until after the season so she intend to have me engaged before I head back to the caribbean. Now that I think about mother, she will be have a small garden party later in the week. It won't be anything big, just a small dinner party and then dessert and tea out in the garden at night. I would be glad if both of you came. Mother would be thrilled to see you again Annaliel and I'm certain she would be all a flutter to meet the Grand Duke." He said with a small chuckle. " I'd like to have at least one friend among all the single girls my mother is probably planning to invite."

The Duke had no idea of the things his wife had done before they had met, and was very intrigued. He was very entertained listening to her her different travels and didn't say much at all in response. He hadn't noticed how late it was getting either and looked at his pocket watch instanteously while Annaliel calmed the baby. "That sounds nice. What do you think, darling? Would you want to go? I should be free most of this week anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem."

"I would love to go! We'll have the nanny stay with Arelson and spend the evening there." Annaliel said as she rocked Arelson back and forth, the young boy starting to nod off quickly.

"Perfect! I'll tell mother to plan for two more and I will see you then. Now I best be off, mother is making be go to a close friends dinner party this evening and if I am late then she will have my head." He said with a small chuckle before he headed toward the door. "Anyway, It was lovely to see you again and a pleasure to meet you sir, I shall be seeing you around."

Annaliel smiled and nodded her head as she waved goodbye from the door, watching him leave on his carriage.

Constantine stood behind Annaliel and watched the young man ride away. "He's jolly, good man, eh? I can see why you befriended each other. He's very nice," he stated. He was much more relieved now that he didn't have to be so uptight and relaxed his shoulders, slumping a bit. "I hadn't known you had done so much before we met. I must say, I'm very impressed," he chuckled to her.

Annaliel smiled at him as she headed into the house and up to the nursery with Arelson.

"Well I wouldn't be as educated if I hadn't traveled that much. Besides, I certainly wasn't looking for a husband at the time so travling the world was one of the few things I had to do." She sais quietly so she wouldn't wake up the baby.

Watching the baby being placed in the crib, Constantine stood in the doorway. "Well, I'll be in the office. There's a few things I want to get done before I have to start work again," he replied. He didn't really have to, but he figured he may as well while he had the time. It didn't take him long, and after that he sat back in the chair and closed his eyes. Maybe he'd visit his brothers later in the week. It had been a while since he had actually talked with them and Annaliel's young friend certainly had reminded him of that.

Annaliel looked up at him and nodded her head as she rubbed Arelson's stomach gently, the motion having relaxed the baby before when she wanted him to stay asleep for while.

"Alright, come join me in the parlor later, we can sit back and relax for a while before supper." She said with a small smile before she looked back to the baby.

After making sure that the baby was asleep she wandered down to the parlor and sat on the couch and laid back, picking up a novel to pass the time as she waited for her husband to come and join her when he was donw with his work.

Constantine returned to the parlor and sat with Annaliel. "How are you?" he asked. The day had gone by rather slowly, and he didn't feel tired at all.

Annaliel smiled at him and closed the book that sh had been reading. She moved a little to lean against him and chuckled lightly at his question.

"I'm well, and how are you?"

"I'm fine, I guess," he replied putting his arm around her and stroking her hair, "Reading anything in particular?"

Annaliel smiled up at him and cuddled into him a bit.

"Not really, just a small romace novel from when I was younger."

Constantine curled his head closer to Annaliel and waited for dinner to get ready. "You know....you're such an avid reader. Have you ever tried writing a book yourself?"

Annaliel was quiet for a moment as she thought.

"No...I never thought about that...But certainly no one would want to read a boo written by a woman, that would criticize it all the way into the gutter." She said simple as she looked up at him.

"And you would probably be the only one." She said softly as she looked back to her book. "Either way it does not matter, I haven't written anything in a long time and I have no ideas at all to go off of."

"You're a very talented and intelligent woman. After all, I did read your diary. Hahaha! I jest, darling. I'm sure you'd think of something, eventually," Constantine chuckled.

Annaliel blushed deeply and rammed her elbow into his side a bit for bringing up her diary before going back to her book once more.

"I suppose, but for now I think I'll just keep an eye on Arelson." She said sweetly.

Rubbing his side, he laughed again. "Of course, love." He got up and began to fiddle with the chess set.