American Paragons

• Thread starter BrattyCommissar
  • Start date

Would you be okay with this RP having a heavy tie to collab posts through Google Docs?

• Maybe. I am fine if others use it, but I won't if I will not penalized for not using it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe. Google Docs does not work for me, but I am fine if others use it still.

• No! But I would be open to some other platform for collabs.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alias: Emerald, Fancy Hammer, Shiny Green Rock Guy. He's not very good at this and is very much open to suggestions.

Name: Andrew Morgan Tolliver

Sex: Male
Appearance: See image. Tall and fit, average body frame, no real distinguishing marks.

Biography: Born and raised about a stone's throw away from the White Fence, Andrew has always been wary of the place. Even before he knew about the place's history, he'd always had this feeling that something bad happened there, or was going to. He wanted to get as far away from the place as possible, but his mother convinced him to at least stay within the bounds of the Bishop district when he moved out of his parents' home. As soon as he finished highschool and saved up enough money for a deposit, he started renting a place on the very edge of the district, the furthest possible point away from the fence he could get without upsetting his mother.

Andrew's best friends weren't so wary of the place though, and frequently drew him back to hang out and goof off. In fact, there were a lot of times when they'd actually drag him into the very place that always made him feel so uneasy. After a while it became a little easier to relax around the place, but Morpheus' warning reinforced the disquiet it stirred in him. Unfortunately, his closest friends took it as a challenge and roped him into spending the majority of his free time there with them. He knew it was a terrible idea and dreaded every moment he spent in the place, but he didn't want to wuss out and disappoint his pals.

Of his small group of friends, Andrew was the only one the blast spared. He'd awoken amongst their burned, but sadly recognizable corpses. The young man's head fell into his hands and he wept, but lifted his head only moments later when he noticed the unusual feel of them. Seeing the green crystals that had formed over his hands like gauntlets shocked him. The confusion and overwhelming sadness he felt made him physically ill, and an attempt to stand ended in vomit and collapse. Imediately unconcious, he dreamt with full awareness, contemplating what had happened with a heavy heart.

Primary Archetype: Tanker
Secondary Archetype: Warrior

Manifestation: After getting caught in the second blast, Andrew gained the ability to coat his skin with a hard, green crystaline substance most easily comparable to emerald, thus the first (And easily least terrible) of several aliases. He is able to cover the entirety of his body with a few short moments of focus, though this appears to slow him down to almost a crawl. In addition to the defensive benefits of his ability, the manipulation of his gemstone-like coating can easily serve as a weapon as well. Aside from the obvious wallop a crystaline brute can pack, coating smaller portions of his body allows Andrew more freedom over shaping the substance.

Primary Empowerment: N/A
Secondary Empowerment: N/A

Signature: lvl1337n00b wholeheartedly agrees to allow the GM to abuse, torment and eventually murder his character, if so desired. Make Andy's life hellish c:

Last edited:
Reactions: Iben
Er.. Is my image broken, or is that just my phone being stupid?

Oh, okay. Good. Let me know if I need to change anything, by the way. Does everything look reasonable to you?

Oh, okay. Good. Let me know if I need to change anything, by the way. Does everything look reasonable to you?

I haven't actually read your sheet or any of the others for approval just yet. Will be doing that some time this week, however, in a big batch.

I don't suspect anyone will be 'rejected', at worse I'll hand out corrections. So long as you're willing to work with me, get the idea and theme of the RP, and stuff, it should be fine :D

Oh and sometime before then (likely today) I'll post a short lil blurb on what exactly living through the Blast Event is like.

Or maybe I'll open the IC with that. I think I'll do it in OOC and have IC begin shortly after it or something. :D

I'll probably get a CS up later today, need to write a post to another RP first.

Edit: I'll also try to design a Charbrief sheet for this tonight. Have yet to look at the compatibility of the system, but it's always fun to do, and it helps me decide on a character.

Alright, sounds good! I'll keep an eye on this thread. Looks like there's enough interest for this one to start up pretty much as soon as you've prepared everything, so hooray.

Insect-modo I guess. Will see about making a character.

By the way, totes calling dibs on my ability. :D

Kidding, but for those interested, I'll be running Tanking/Regulating with Barrier Field Generation.

And now, a brief description of what the Blast Event looked like. The first bit will cover how it was to people within it and outside of it. The second bit will cover specifics that would have been felt by those who endured and survived.

A pillar of green light would rise into the heavens from the centre of the Blast Event, seeming to tear open the sky as it strikes out. Around the beam, the sky would appear to darken at first, turning to black save for the green shooting upwards.

Then, the first shockwave would rocket out with a near deafening roar as the pillar of light fades. Replacing the dark sky is one that for the briefest of seconds appears again as the normal sky that was once there.

That would be short lived, as a massive electrical storm would rage outward from where the pillar of light was. The ground would rip out and fires would spread as arcing pillars of dark, almost black, lightning destroy the landscape. Almost every home in White Fence will be destroyed in less than thirty seconds. Debris flung out would cause more damage to the border parts of White Fence itself. Almost no damage will extend beyond that area.

All in all, the blast would last under a minute before stopping, leaving clouds of ash, dust, and smoke in the area instead. Wreckage of buildings, streets, and cars, and charred bodies make up most of what's left. It will take a long time before the area can be cleaned out of bodies, and a proper burial effort be done to honour the dead, if that's a viable goal to begin with.

During this time, the public will have a lot of rather intense emotions.

For the survivors, they would have been knocked out, bruised and tumbled, but miraculously alive. They wouldn't have an innate understanding of their powers yet, and may be prone to misunderstanding the nature of their skills. While they wouldn't be able to recall the blast itself, waking up after the worst of it subsides would be a very haunting experience. Shell shock is expected. Survivors would be gathered up by a special operations task force known as The Enforcers, and have been brought to be taken care of immediately while others begin to search for those less fortunate within the blast.

For quick explanation: the Enforcers are basically heroes and highly trained normal people that directly work under the government, working alongside cops. Think SWAT but with super powers. Not all heroes were Enforcers, however.

For the purposes of the RP, the PCs will represent the 'first batch' of rescued survivors with powers from White Fence. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the event, and their relatively well off nature post blast, there won't be much downtime for them. The first mission will be put in the OOC around the same time as the IC goes up. It will take place within an hour of the Blast itself. The specifics will be available later.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there we go.[/hr][/hr]

Well, I'm sold on the setup and narrative. :)

Discharge

Alias: Discharge
Name: Katsumi Kaminaribi - 雷美勝美
Sex: Female
Biography: Born to a first-generation family of Japanese-Kuakillans, Katsumi was relegated to the industrialized Three Kings Islands (the West Isle), and was thus quite sheltered from 'cultural expansion'. Even within an environment dominated by East Asian families, she was further isolated to primarily Japanese culture, something that had not vanished from her parents' behaviors since arriving in the city but a few years prior. Her ability to adopt English was stalled moreso than others, which furthered her predisposition towards hanging around those who could speak with her properly. The cycle of cultural purity was truly broken when she reached high school, having finally encountered an environment of much greater ethnic diversity. She extended her scopes and began to reach out into the rest of the city with less timidness.

Having always been described a sporty and active girl, she was frequently busy with school-sanctioned sports more often than anything else. Sitting idly was simply not in her blood. Schoolwork itself was a less important responsibility to her, and for a long time she had simply believed her sport skills would land her a spot in college more than her grades would.

Eventually the time to actually apply had come around, and she was relatively eager to continue an education where it truly counted. Before she could receive her acceptance letters, however, she was approached by a talent-seeker working for the WWF. Her build and attractiveness had brought on the seeker's attention, and she was offered a potential position as a WWF women's wrestler with an exorbitantly large contract sum. Appreciating great opportunity over stable mediocrity, she took up the offer and was on her way to becoming a champion.

It took three years, but Katsumi eventually attained such a title, and retained it for an additional year. Her notoriety rose, and she was offered various other miscellaneous short-time jobs. In the year 1993, the present, Katsumi sported a total of 3 championship wins and had become a personal trainer after finally attending college. A role-model for many, she was notified of a particular Make-a-Wish involving a young and terminally-ill girl living in the White Fence residencies; she wanted nothing more, apparently, than to meet and hang out with Katsumi Kaminaribi.

Katsumi honored the wish and had gone on her way to the home in White Fence. Mere moments after stepping out of her car with photographers in tow, she experienced The Blast.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Primary Archetype
Secondary Archetype
Warrior​
Blaster​
Manifestation:
Warrior - Katsumi's body naturally generates great amounts of electrical charge which can be stored safely within and kept inert. She considers herself to be a sort of battery, and can absorb otherwise deadly charges without being harmed up until a certain point. Katsumi has been shown to be safe absorbing and storing an amount of energy equivalent to 1 gigajoule (roughly 1/5th the energy in the average lightning strike). Any more exceeds her capacity for safe storage and instead inflicts damage upon her body.

By applying it to specific regions of her body, Katsumi can create a sort of biological taser (albeit a potentially very deadly one) when striking targets, able to discharge up to 100 amperes of electrical charge in a single instant. The range is such that it requires contact, and cannot be used to generate bolts of lightning traveling across distances.

Blaster - By channeling the electrical charges in her body, Katsumi can generate a temporary electromagnetic field to propel metallic objects at deadly speeds. The range of the field is relatively short, extending at most a foot from any portion of her body, and can only fling substantially small objects like nails, coins, bolts, etc... but nevertheless allow them to reach speeds capable of killing.
Primary Empowerments: None yet.
Secondary Empowerments: None yet.

Signature: Signed and shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Iben
Alias: Discharge​
tumblr_inline_n9x7vh1q9Q1rsg3q3.gif

i am mature

I have a distinct feeling that some ruffian will make a similar jest before meeting a most electric end.

I have a distinct feeling that some ruffian will make a similar jest before meeting a most electric end.

Well, if that did happen, it wouldn't be too shocking.

Hmmmm the secrets of the Spoilers have been unlocked to me :D No more mass of spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.