Am I the only one who re-reads their own posts?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwazi Magnum

Previously Gwazi Magnum
Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
This changes too frequently to give anything reliable.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Adventure.
I noticed I have a tendency where after making a post I will sometimes scroll back and re-read them just for the hell of it.

Does anyone else tend to do that?
Or am I just weird? :P

Definitely not.

I re-read my own posts and make edits weeks after it was relevant.

Reactions: ElBell
I do it all the time, especially if the roleplay is something I'm totally engrossed in! :D

I do it every time I get into a nostalgic mood and want to relive past moments.

Naaah, I do it all the time. Not sure why, though partially it's to make sure I haven't made any mistakes.

Sometimes it's just because I'm vain and laugh at my own jokes.

Definitely not.

I re-read my own posts and make edits weeks after it was relevant.
^ This is my exact response. I have roleplay posts from months ago with edits of phony typos <.< ^

I only do so when I forget what I wrote...which is pretty often.

I noticed I have a tendency where after making a post I will sometimes scroll back and re-read them just for the hell of it.

Does anyone else tend to do that?
Or am I just weird? :P

I'm so glad I'm not the only one.

I don't even stop at IC posts. Sometimes I'll re-read OOC rants shortly after posting them.

For me it's mainly the OOC rants I'll re-read... :/

I don't. I find it too much of a hassle to read through large portions of text, at least when it's something leisurely. I mean, it's RP'ing, something I do for fun. Not something that will decide my grade or the outcome of my life. Don't get me wrong, I always try to make sure my posts have some meat to them and are comprehensible, but most of the time I won't obsess over it.

What I will do though, is write a paragraph or two and read that through a couple of times while thinking up the next thing to write. I will change, add, and remove bits and pieces as I see fitting, write up a couple more paragraphs, and so on. I try not to fret too much over petty typos and grammatical errors, but if I notice them, I'll correct them. Even if it's months after I made the post.

It is called proofreading, no? Theoretically yes, but considering 80% of my posts are when I am sleep deprived...well no.

I don't. I find it too much of a hassle to read through large portions of text, at least when it's something leisurely. I mean, it's RP'ing, something I do for fun. Not something that will decide my grade or the outcome of my life. Don't get me wrong, I always try to make sure my posts have some meat to them and are comprehensible, but most of the time I won't obsess over it.

What I will do though, is write a paragraph or two and read that through a couple of times while thinking up the next thing to write. I will change, add, and remove bits and pieces as I see fitting, write up a couple more paragraphs, and so on. I try not to fret too much over petty typos and grammatical errors, but if I notice them, I'll correct them. Even if it's months after I made the post.

It is called proofreading, no? Theoretically yes, but considering 80% of my posts are when I am sleep deprived...well no.

I don't think he meant proofreading. Or at least, I don't always do it for proofreading. I mean, I do proofread, but then after the fact I have a tendency to go back and re-read my posts again anyway for reasons I'm not quite sure of myself... O.o

I don't think he meant proofreading. Or at least, I don't always do it for proofreading. I mean, I do proofread, but then after the fact I have a tendency to go back and re-read my posts again anyway for reasons I'm not quite sure of myself... O.o
In that case, you're hella weird, Gwazi!

Just kidding. In fact, I do sometimes reread my posts for fun. Especially if my character is being a real baws in it. For some reason I just immediately thought this was about proofreading o.O

Kaga's right, I didn't mean proof-reading.
I mean reading it over just cause you love the look of your own typing.

Kaga's right, I didn't mean proof-reading.
I mean reading it over just cause you love the look of your own typing.

I do. More times than I'm willing to admit.

Oh, I just admitted that? Ah he-

*Call ended*

Status
Not open for further replies.